PDA

View Full Version : UFC 87:Seek and Destroy

Legend
08-05-2008, 03:59 AM
Anyone going to order this event, i'm probably going to buy it just to see brock lesnar beat heath herring.Here is the lineup my predictions are in bold.

MAIN CARD
Champ Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch (for welterweight title)
Brock Lesnar vs. Heath Herring
Kenny Florian vs. Roger Huerta
Rob Emerson vs. Manny Gamburyan
Jason MacDonald vs. Demian Maia
PRELIMINARY CARD
Luke Cummo vs. Tamdan McCrory
Dan Evensen vs. Cheick Kongo
Jon Jones vs. Andre Gusmao
Steve Bruno vs. Chris Wilson
Ben Saunders vs. Ryan Thomas

TheOne1
08-05-2008, 05:04 AM
Can't wait for the day Fedor Emelianenko takes on everyone from ufc...

best highlight : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwsjAtLIoKM

Legend
08-05-2008, 05:14 AM
Can't wait for the day Fedor Emelianenko takes on everyone from ufc...

best highlight : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwsjAtLIoKM

That's one badass dude.

Wino the SuperHero
08-05-2008, 07:59 PM
i just want Georges St. Pierre to lose. he's a great fighter, but i just don't like him.

Legend
08-05-2008, 09:33 PM
How could you not like GSP.

marissaazts
08-05-2008, 10:26 PM
Brock Lesnar is sooooooooo sexa to me

Wino the SuperHero
08-05-2008, 10:46 PM
his personality.
he is a very dominate fighter.
just too cocky.

Legend
08-05-2008, 10:57 PM
his personality.
he is a very dominate fighter.
just too cocky.

What, he is the kind of fighter that shows respect to his opponents, you dislike him because he is that nice of a guy?

BiCuriousGeorge
08-06-2008, 12:15 AM
I hope Brock whoops Heath's ass. He was beating the shit out of Mir til the ref stopped the action. Woulda been over in another 15 seconds. I'm rooting for GSP too. He's a good fighter. UFC needs women in it now. Elite XC has great female fights which have been better than some of the male fights. And it doesn't hurt that Gina Carano is extremely Hot!! I would let her beat the shit out of me any day.

kaientai
08-06-2008, 09:14 AM
i hope GSP wins but fitch is a beast.

Lesnar should take this but Herringh has faced some good competition still the UFC heavieweight championship means nothing without Fedor there.

Gina is beautifull haven't seen her fight yeat did see cyborg who is like a female Vanderlei Silva in fighting style

celticgrafix
08-07-2008, 07:14 AM
brock lesner is a beast, his first ufc fight, he got unlucky, but gotta take john fitch, he's a good fighter, that will b the best fight for sure

PeteIsHere
08-07-2008, 07:24 AM
Shouldn't this barbaric crap (UFC) be discussed in the sports lounge? I'm almost sure most the girls don't give a hoot about the UFC and neither do I.

OEMEnemyNum1
08-07-2008, 07:29 AM
Very excited for this fight. It's just a shame that I will miss it. Got it recording, but I'm camping this weekend.

celticgrafix
08-07-2008, 07:29 AM
Shouldn't this barbaric crap (UFC) be discussed in the sports lounge? I'm almost sure most the girls don't give a hoot about the UFC and neither do I.

dont respond then, cry me a river

Solitary Brother
08-07-2008, 07:38 AM
These UFC guys WONT fight any REAL fighters like ROY Jones or Kermit Cintron.
I like a few of those guys but most of them are steroid guys.
Granted...they could kick my ass NO PROBLEM and Im not a small guy but UFC guys make almost NO money compared to the top boxers.

Legend
08-07-2008, 07:42 AM
I hope Brock whoops Heath's ass. He was beating the shit out of Mir til the ref stopped the action. Woulda been over in another 15 seconds. I'm rooting for GSP too. He's a good fighter. UFC needs women in it now. Elite XC has great female fights which have been better than some of the male fights. And it doesn't hurt that Gina Carano is extremely Hot!! I would let her beat the shit out of me any day.

The ufc will never have females fights dana white hates the idea with a passion,you would think he would like at someone like gina and see that females fighting can work.

celticgrafix
08-07-2008, 07:45 AM
Granted...they could kick my ass NO PROBLEM and Im not a small guy but UFC guys make almost NO money compared to the top boxers.

they dont do bad though as far as money, roy jones is done, kermit cintron likes gettin knocked out, top boxers are overpaid and gloves are overstuffed, they can jab all they want, whats gonna happen when they are taken to the ground and choked out. im a big boxing fan but mma is where its at. yeh of course dont stand up with a boxer, i agree with that. but what happens when taken down or in a submission, different story. boxing is dropping, mma is rising

OEMEnemyNum1
08-07-2008, 07:46 AM

They don't make much money during the fights but I think that marketing deals probably make a decent chunk of their pay.

I notice Condom-Depot.com has a lot of fighters under it's belt, lol.

Also, I agree Roy Jones would kick any fighters ass in boxing. But Silva would have killed Jones in a MMA fight. Rules and different and they have a totally different set of tools to go off of. Silva is a tight striker, but he also has angles and clinches that Jones wouldn't be able to handle. Jones would get a knee to the face (like Franklin) and wouldn't know what to do.

Legend
08-07-2008, 07:50 AM

Stop being a pansy,the ufc is a terrific organization and mma is sanction everywhere.

"I'm almost sure most the girls don't give a hoot about the UFC and neither do I"

Like i give a damn, i start threads for myself.

Solitary Brother
08-07-2008, 07:56 AM

They don't make much money during the fights but I think that marketing deals probably make a decent chunk of their pay.

Also, I agree Roy Jones would kick any fighters ass in boxing. But Silva would have killed Jones in a MMA fight. Rules and different and they have a totally different set of tools to go off of. Silva is a tight striker, but he also has angles and clinches that Jones wouldn't be able to handle. Jones would get a knee to the face (like Franklin) and wouldn't know what to do.

I like Silva and Chuck Lidell.....but the UFC guys are scared to fight boxers.
Roy Jones was trying super hard to get that fight with Silva and the MMA head said no way.
Roy Jones even though he had his best days yesterday would kill almost ANY MMA guy.
THEY WONT FIGHT ANY BOXERS CAUSE THEY ARE SCARED.
I like Silva though but most of them guy dont have great skills they are just tough.
Also some of the MMA orginazations arent making money.......
I dont like MMA because its about REALLY hurting people and I think thats wrong.
I live in an area in California that is near one of the big centers of MMA and I see these guys all loaded up on drugs and its kinda sad to me.

Legend
08-07-2008, 07:57 AM

First off every fighter is tested before a major mma event in the ufc and other major organizations.Secondly those boxers are one dimensional all they too is box but mma fighters do a little bit of everything ju-jitsu,kick boxing, regular boxing , wrestling and karate.If any of those guys you named stepped in the ufc they would get smashed.

Legend
08-07-2008, 08:01 AM
The ufc makes more money then boxing a sport that is pratically dead.You think silva is scared to fight jones, WHY? The guy just smashed a person who is way tougher then anyone in boxing.

EDIT:Their buyrates are better then boxing and the WWE.

PeteIsHere
08-07-2008, 08:25 AM
So what. This crap belongs in the sports section. This is the only thread in the general discussion section that has not elicited a response from a woman. I don't have to tell you why this is the case.

My younger brother is into the UFC nonsense. There are websites for UFC fanatics like yourself, I was told one of them is mixedmartialarts.com. Now you have a website where you can post messages all day long about the UFC and be in the company of others that like to see men rolling around on the ground like a bunch of kindergarden children.

Stop being a pansy,the ufc is a terrific organization and mma is sanction everywhere.

"I'm almost sure most the girls don't give a hoot about the UFC and neither do I"

Legend
08-07-2008, 08:35 AM
So what. This crap belongs in the sports section. This is the only thread in the general discussion section that has not elicited a response from a woman. I don't have to tell you why this is the case.

My younger brother is into the UFC nonsense. There are websites for UFC fanatics like yourself, I was told one of them is mixedmartialarts.com. Now you have a website where you can post messages all day long about the UFC and be in the company of others that like to see men rolling around on the ground like a bunch of school children.

Well its for the mods to decide, i don't like politics but i wouldn't whine if someone posted a political thread in the general section.You keep bringing up women i told you before i don't make threads for you or anybody i do them for myself.

kaientai
08-07-2008, 09:09 AM
i like this thread and peter just relax if it's bad it will be moved or deleted but it's just one thread that doesn't bother or insult anyone.

except for Mr. Silva it is my understanding Jones wanted to fight under boxing rules wel duh he has trained as a pugelist and would win that MMA guys fight many disciplines hence MMA under MMA rules a boxer has only a puncher's chance .

BiCuriousGeorge
08-07-2008, 08:54 PM

I like Silva and Chuck Lidell.....but the UFC guys are scared to fight boxers.
Roy Jones was trying super hard to get that fight with Silva and the MMA head said no way.
Roy Jones even though he had his best days yesterday would kill almost ANY MMA guy.
THEY WONT FIGHT ANY BOXERS CAUSE THEY ARE SCARED.
I like Silva though but most of them guy dont have great skills they are just tough.
Also some of the MMA orginazations arent making money.......
I dont like MMA because its about REALLY hurting people and I think thats wrong.
I live in an area in California that is near one of the big centers of MMA and I see these guys all loaded up on drugs and its kinda sad to me.

You obviously know nothing about MMA. Roy Jones would beat most of the MMA guys in a boxing match, I agree there but if he stepped into the cage where he's getting kicked in the face, elbowed to the head, and tackled, ground and pounded and submitted, he won't beat hardly any of them. And it takes more guts to get in the cage than it does in the boxing ring so I really don't think any MMA guy is scared to fight a boxer. I'm not a fighter but I'd step in the boxing ring any day with Roy Jones punching me with those big ass gloves than get my arm broken or elbowed in the eye by GSP!!!

Oh Yeah, as far as REALLY hurting people, MMA has never had a fatality or a very serious/life threatening injury. Boxers have died in the ring and MANY of them have brain damage. Look at Muhammed Ali!!

BiCuriousGeorge
08-07-2008, 08:59 PM

My younger brother is into the UFC nonsense. There are websites for UFC fanatics like yourself, I was told one of them is mixedmartialarts.com. Now you have a website where you can post messages all day long about the UFC and be in the company of others that like to see men rolling around on the ground like a bunch of kindergarden children.

Why are you even posting in this thread if you don't like it???? What would you rather talk about, American Idol?? Maybe General Hospital.

Legend
08-10-2008, 04:13 AM
Anyone going to order this event, i'm probably going to buy it just to see brock lesnar beat heath herring.Here is the lineup my predictions are in bold.

MAIN CARD
Champ Georges St. Pierre vs. Jon Fitch (for welterweight title)
Brock Lesnar vs. Heath Herring
Kenny Florian vs. Roger Huerta
Rob Emerson vs. Manny Gamburyan
Jason MacDonald vs. Demian Maia
PRELIMINARY CARD
Luke Cummo vs. Tamdan McCrory
Dan Evensen vs. Cheick Kongo
Jon Jones vs. Andre Gusmao
Steve Bruno vs. Chris Wilson
Ben Saunders vs. Ryan Thomas

4 out of 5 for my predictions so far.These guys have won so far,

Tamdan McCrory-didn't get right
Cheick Kongo
Jon Jones
Ben Saunders
Chris Wilson
Demian Maia-didn't get right
Kenny Florian-didn't get right

Lick UR Lovely
08-10-2008, 04:17 AM
Did GSP win?

Legend
08-10-2008, 04:18 AM
Did GSP win?

3 more fights until we see that fight.

Legend
08-10-2008, 05:27 AM
Holy shit manny gamburyan got knocked out in the first 12 seconds.

Solitary Brother
08-10-2008, 06:51 AM
They(MMA) will not fight ANY boxers....
You have to ask yourself why?
Im very much into boxing and on some of the websites I go to they have MMA stuff too.
Roy Jones tried forever to get Anderson Silva(way way way skilled for an MMA guy anyways) to fight.
They wont do it.
None of those MMA guys make real money......
When an MMA guy cracks the top 20 sports earners list let me know okay?

Solitary Brother
08-10-2008, 07:00 AM

First off every fighter is tested before a major mma event in the ufc and other major organizations.Secondly those boxers are one dimensional all they too is box but mma fighters do a little bit of everything ju-jitsu,kick boxing, regular boxing , wrestling and karate.If any of those guys you named stepped in the ufc they would get smashed.

You can look at a LOT of those guys and see steroids.
Remember HGH is undetectible and you can gain 30 lbs of pure muscle in a month from it.

Legend
08-10-2008, 07:35 AM
LOL, dude you don't know what the hell your talking about.

Legend
08-10-2008, 07:41 AM
BTW lesnar destroyed herring that fight was one sided,i don't think herring will be walking after that one.

DJ_Asia
08-10-2008, 08:10 AM

Remember HGH is undetectible and you can gain 30 lbs of pure muscle in a month from it.

No offense Solitary but there is no way you can gain 30 lbs of muscle from HGH in 4 months let alone 1 month.

Mista Bone
08-10-2008, 07:24 PM
BTW lesnar destroyed herring that fight was one sided,i don't think herring will be walking after that one.

Damn...I so wanted to see this fight....and the GSP one....guess I need to youtube it...haha[/img]

Legend
08-10-2008, 07:27 PM

Damn...I so wanted to see this fight....and the GSP one....guess I need to youtube it...haha[/img]

The first round was the best, brock knocked him down with one punch, i thought herring was finished then.

Legend
08-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Here is that brutal punch by lesnar,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J93CxiYO1hk

joedizzle563
08-10-2008, 09:57 PM
sweet!! Thanks for the update Legend. I ve been a Brock Lesnar fan since he showed up in OVW then WWE. He is the fuckin man. Ijm glad he finally beat the hell out of someone. I agree with you on the Mir fight as well, if the ref hadn't stopped it, Lesnar was ahead that entire fight, he would have embarassed Mir if it had continued

Solitary Brother
08-10-2008, 10:35 PM

No offense Solitary but there is no way you can gain 30 lbs of muscle from HGH in 4 months let alone 1 month.

It is true.

Legend
08-10-2008, 10:43 PM
Where is your proof?Come on dude, you are talking out of your ass.

MrBlonde
08-11-2008, 12:16 AM
Well I'll add my two cents in since I did watch it. GSP is a BAD Bad man!

I am looking very forward to the proposed next fight with BJ Penn. I would predict GSP by 3rd , maybe 4th rd stoppage in that one, but it will be a tough fight for him. GSP is my favorite fighter ever though so.

Man I'll say this for Fitch. He's tough as freakin nails huh? He gave a very spirited and valiant effort. he was just very over matched.

Brock Lesnar while still very rough around the edges, did impress me. He's one big tall order for any HW to take on. Pure size and strength. If he would learn submissions he would be a serious threat to anyone.

Mista Bone
08-11-2008, 03:03 AM
Here is that brutal punch by lesnar,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J93CxiYO1hk

Thank you kind sir!

celticgrafix
08-11-2008, 04:23 AM
i had a feeling florian would win, hes tearing his division up

Legend
08-11-2008, 05:42 AM

Florain won a smart fight he made roger come after him, i like ken-flo but that fight didn't live up too the hype.

celticgrafix
08-11-2008, 05:50 AM

Florain won a smart fight he made roger come after him, i like ken-flo but that fight didn't live up too the hype.

i agree, its funny, they are either unbeliveable or boring, but def worth watching, but so u know there is a fight reality show similar to ultimate fighter on vs. network, its contender like the boxing show, but muay thai

Legend
08-11-2008, 05:58 AM

i agree, its funny, they are either unbeliveable or boring, but def worth watching, but so u know there is a fight reality show similar to ultimate fighter on vs. network, its contender like the boxing show, but muay thai

I think i've seen that maybe once or twice but the only thing i watch on Vs is WEC.

celticgrafix
08-11-2008, 06:03 AM

I think i've sen that maybe watch or twice but the only thing i watch on Vs is WEC.

ohhh me too, i love it, there are some real great fights on there

DJ_Asia
08-11-2008, 07:53 AM

It is true.

Speaking from experience or just what you have heard?

Growth hormone helps burn body fat and will add lean muscle,but isnt much as far as an anabolic unless it is stacked with insulin,and usually juice too.
Seeing as how HGH is so expensive I dont know anyone that has done a strict HGH cycle w/o adding the steroid of their choosing and/or insulin....

Dont belive what the papers say...99% of it is total nonsense.

EyeCumInPiece
08-12-2008, 06:06 AM

He tends 2 do that quite often.

Where do u all think Brock Lesnar is going to go in UFC? The Next Big thing or the Next Big Flop?

Legend
08-12-2008, 06:07 AM

I think i've sen that maybe watch or twice but the only thing i watch on Vs is WEC.

ohhh me too, i love it, there are some real great fights on there

Did you see the pulver vs faber fight?

Legend
08-12-2008, 06:10 AM

He tends 2 do that quite often.

Where do u all think Brock Lesnar is going to go in UFC? The Next Big thing or the Next Big Flop?

Brock looked like he really could be the next big thing in the ufc,he basically man handled herring all three rounds.He could go far he he just works on his ground game a little.