PDA

View Full Version : EARTHQUAKE!

Willie Escalade
07-29-2008, 09:20 PM
For the rest of you cats around this globe, the Los Angeles Metropolitan area just went through an earthquake. It measured 5.8 on the Richter scale (not Vicki's :wink: ), and was centered in Chino Hills (San Bernadino County).

Is everyone okay out there? I am; no damage to report! :D

Blkmonkey
07-29-2008, 09:24 PM
ya i live in the same area, LA county, and it hit me too. My lamp on top of my bed almost hit my head when i was sleeping. Scared the crap out of me man. Too early in the day for me (even if it was at about 11:30 :shock: )

Nikka
07-29-2008, 09:27 PM
sky is falling, end is coming....

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-29-2008, 09:30 PM
thanks for this thread, I just called me family over there they were telling me about it

said it was like being on a NYC subway in their house

Willie Escalade
07-29-2008, 09:35 PM
ya i live in the same area, LA county, and it hit me too. My lamp on top of my bed almost hit my head when i was sleeping. Scared the crap out of me man. Too early in the day for me (even if it was at about 11:30 :shock: )
It woke me up as well. Fortunately, the only thing that fell in my house was a picture; no major damage to report!

Then again, I'm closer to Long Beach than Chino Hills... :roll:

lilly_exohexoh
07-29-2008, 10:22 PM
whole building shook/swayed for 10 seconds

xrey
07-29-2008, 11:03 PM
The shaking was pretty good here close to the LBC. Not much damage - only a few pictures falling and a few broken glasses.

flabbybody
07-29-2008, 11:04 PM
hope everyone's OK
good excuse to call my LA peeps who I haven't spoken to in ages

tsmandy
07-29-2008, 11:54 PM
Sure am glad I changed my mind about visiting LA this week, I hate earthquakes. I grew up right near there and I never could deal with earthquakes, though this one sounded mild.

hondarobot
07-30-2008, 12:37 AM
I don't think this quake was too bad, from the sounds of it. I haven't heard of anyone casualties yet. Sounds like a pretty scary deal, though.

hungtung1
07-30-2008, 01:07 AM
It woke me up as well. Fortunately, the only thing that fell in my house was a picture; no major damage to report!

Then again, I'm closer to Long Beach than Chino Hills... :roll:You don't roll out of the sack until 11:30???!!!! I want your job!!!!!!!!

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-30-2008, 02:02 AM
That woke me up as well! 1st quake I've experienced since moving to LA.
My whole apt. was shaking..I thought there was some terrible accident by the freeway or some old building near me being demolished. :evil:

~Kisses.

HTG

audioguy
07-30-2008, 02:05 AM
I was in the shower when it happened. Shampoo bottles were rocking back and forth. I got out ASAP. The last thing I wanted was to be wandering through rubble naked if my building went down!!!!

There were only a few picture frames and a stack of books to set back up. Just nature reminding us who's in charge.....

Willie Escalade
07-30-2008, 09:49 AM
You don't roll out of the sack until 11:30???!!!! I want your job!!!!!!!!
Trust me...you don't. Not saying what I do, but sometimes it's a pain.

I sign on tomorrow (today Wednesday) at 10:41am by the way.

davdmor
07-30-2008, 11:09 AM
Crap! One of my speakers feel off the computer and broke. Have to spend another $14.95.

LTR_Seeker
07-30-2008, 03:39 PM
Thats why never wantred to live in california at least can hide from oklahoma tornadoes lol

BeardedOne
07-30-2008, 03:45 PM
Glad to hear that it wasn't too bad. Sure shook up Judge Judy's courtroom though. She bolted! I think she was under the bench.

LAGent4ts
07-30-2008, 04:15 PM
It was a pretty good jolt. I was at work when it hit and I work in a high rise in downtown LA. I have been through a number of these and this was a good one. Pretty wild to look out the window and see the buildings around you swaying along with the construction cranes. Would Not want to be a crane operator during one of these!

smoof
07-31-2008, 03:26 AM
hope everyone is ok, but i heard on the news and internet it was a 5.4 quake. earthquakes suck and it kind of sucks were i live in northern cali we are at a spot called triple junction where the gorda, pacific and the north american plates all meet. haha the worst 24 hrs was when i was about 8 or so had a 7.1 during the day i think it was and had 2 aftershocks at night that both were about 6.6......... haha remember going out to the ocean the nexed day and i think the tide was down about 30-40 feet or so and you could walk SO far out there but it was really creepy beeing out that far when just the other day there would be water about 20 or so feet over your head were you were standing.