PDA

View Full Version : The pasta du jour...Fettuccini Michelangelo...

chefmike
07-29-2008, 02:03 AM
I threw this together last night for a dinner feature and the feedback was so positive that I decided to share it with you good people. I'm calling it Fettuccini Michelangelo...does that sound pompous or what? :lol:

This recipe is for those of you who know how to cook. I'm not going to go into great detail about amounts, technique, or substitutions...and it damn sure ain't low-cal, ladies...so bon appetit!

Fettuccini Michelangelo

4-6 oz. fresh fettuccini

Saute a generous handful of scallops and shrimp in butter, then add some prosciutto(or Smithfield) ham and don't be stingy with it!*

Give it a couple of minutes, then add a handful of diced fresh tomatoes, some roasted red peppers, and some fresh garlic.

Saute for a couple of minutes, then deglaze with brandy(white wine could also be used.)

Add whole cream and reduce.

Add grated parmesan and/or romano cheese.

Add fresh basil and Italian parsley.

Take off heat and mount** with a pat ot two of whole butter if you have it.

*If you feel like your scallops and shrimp might be overcooking, remove them and return to the sauce when it's reduced.

**Swirl butter in the finished sauce.

chefmike
07-29-2008, 02:10 AM
In case you have to ask, cook fettuccini until al dente. Add to sauce when done, and toss so both are incorporated.

GroobySteven
07-29-2008, 02:11 AM
Sounds great but my artery is closing just be reading it.

After my weekend health splurge of tripe, chickpea and porkbelly stew I'd better keep to the fish for the week.

Wonder how that recipe would be with the omission of the butter - thought the Italians would have dressed it with olive oil?

chefmike
07-29-2008, 02:17 AM
Sounds great but my artery is closing just be reading it.

After my weekend health splurge of tripe, chickpea and porkbelly stew I'd better keep to the fish for the week.

Wonder how that recipe would be with the omission of the butter - thought the Italians would have dressed it with olive oil?One of the best chefs that I ever worked with was from Naples(crazy SOB that he was). He had also trained in France before coming to America. His use of butter when finishing pasta sauces(even red ones) is one that I still use a great deal.

chefmike
07-29-2008, 02:23 AM
But to answer your question, the recipe doesn't suffer if you don't add butter at the finish. It's still a very rich dish without it.

chefmike
08-02-2008, 04:42 AM
SMDH @ the ridiculous thread about McD's, BK, and KFC...some of you pilgrims really need to learn how to use a saute pan and a pasta pot...

Hara_Juku Tgirl
08-02-2008, 05:27 AM
Hmm..Fettuccini eh? Can I have some garlic bread with it Chef? lol ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Lick UR Lovely
08-02-2008, 05:37 AM
I'd consider putting a ring on a gals finger if she could cook! :) Might have to hijack this thread..... :D

chefmike
08-02-2008, 01:48 PM

~Kisses.

HTG

Maybe you better skip the garlic bread, geisha...your ass is getting HUGE!

chefmike
08-02-2008, 01:51 PM
Just kidding, sugarbritches. :wink:

tslvrnyc
08-02-2008, 04:53 PM
Don't italians generally shun mixing cheese with seafood?

chefmike
08-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Correct, but this seafood dish is an alfredo variation. If it were white or red clams, or a puttanesca, etc. I wouldn't have added cheese...

chefmike
08-02-2008, 07:15 PM
Crabmeat would also be good in this dish, either alone or in addition to the shrimp and scallops. Just don't forget the ham, as it's an integral part of the dish!

Hara_Juku Tgirl
08-02-2008, 09:51 PM

~Kisses.

HTG

Maybe you better skip the garlic bread, geisha...your ass is getting HUGE!

lol My ass is fine..my hips 38"..and thats after dropping 15lbs. ;)

http://a270.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/61/l_0bf8b3888ee1d98c3f44a8594406d795.jpg

~Kisses.

HTG

chefmike
08-02-2008, 10:05 PM
That ass needs some sausage in it, geisha!

Hara_Juku Tgirl
08-02-2008, 10:08 PM

Is yours a Kielbasa? lol ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

chefmike
08-03-2008, 01:35 AM

Is yours a Kielbasa? lol ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Yep, the blue-veined type...

dbev
08-04-2008, 05:31 PM
FettucinE

E like in Empty not I like in Inside

chefmike
08-05-2008, 02:49 PM
FettucinE

E like in Empty not I like in Inside