PDA

View Full Version : TO ALL THE GUYS WHO EVER DATED A TS AND MET HER FAMILY

hwbs
08-05-2005, 01:40 PM
ive never been there when it happened but one of the girls i daed says that her mom and brother slips from time to time ,but she doesnt take it serious......usually they would call her by her real name and not papi,lol

tsarielblue
08-05-2005, 02:19 PM
THANK GOD MY FAMILY LOVES ME MORE THAN ENOUGH, TO NEVER DISRESPECT ME AND CALL ME OUT OF MY CHARACTER.....
THEY NEVER HAD AND NEVER WILL. THEY UNDERSTAND MY STUGGLE AS A WOMAN IN THIS SOCIETY.
POOR LADIES WHO STILL HAVE FAMILIES WITH THOSE ISSUES....

hillbilly
08-05-2005, 03:01 PM
that's funny as hell. i'd pay to see that akward moment.

Quinn
08-05-2005, 04:36 PM
LOL… The way you tell your story paints a humorous image. No, I have never had this happen to me. As a general rule, I try to avoid family entanglements due to the fact that I once had a girl's brother take a swing at me for encouraging what he perceived as her "gay lifestyle." The ensuing struggle actually took place during a family friend’s wedding, resulting in my receiving a black eye and her brother receiving some impromptu dental work. All in all, it was a total disaster that spoiled the aforementioned wedding and ruined a very expensive suit :shock:

SexxxyJade
08-05-2005, 06:57 PM
MY Mom only calls me by my birth name when she gets mad at me...lol Everyone else is cool all the time. Thank God for understanding and supportive families.

LAtoNY
08-05-2005, 09:21 PM
<<SOMETIMES I WONDER IF THEY THINK IM GAY CAUSE , THE MOM STILL SE'S MY GIRL AS HER SON, EVEN TOUGH MY GIRL LOOKS BETTER THEN ALL HER SISTERS>>

maybe you are gay. :idea:

popperluv
08-05-2005, 11:35 PM
Welcome back Mega I missed you !

flabbybody
08-05-2005, 11:47 PM
I was seeing someone who's mom was totally supporting her and always called her by her girl's name. The brother, on the other hand, would speak in this wierd spanish/english dialect and her boy name sometimes popped up. he also looked at me with disdain and I'm sure he thought I was a faggot. He never could accept his little brother being a girl.

Reddman
08-06-2005, 07:32 AM
HEY DID YOU EVER MEET A GIRLS MOM OR OTHER FAMILY MEMBERS AND THE MOM / FAMILY STILL CALLS YOUR GIRLFRIEND "PAPI", "HE" , "HIM" OR BY HER BOY NAME , WITH YOU RIGHT THERE...ITS HAPPENED TO ME BUT IM SO CLOSE TO HER FAMILY THAT IT GOES RIGHT OVER MY HEAD.....BUT....SOMETIMES I WONDER IF THEY THINK IM GAY CAUSE , THE MOM STILL SE'S MY GIRL AS HER SON, EVEN TOUGH MY GIRL LOOKS BETTER THEN ALL HER SISTERS.....SOMETIMES MOM WILL CALL MY GIRL "SHE" AND OTHER TIMES THE MOM SLIPS AND CALL HER "HIM"...DID ANY OF YOU EVER HAVE THAT HAPPEN...MY GIRLS BORIQUA SO SOMETIMES SHE GETS CALLED PAPI BY MOM....I LAUGH AND ILL SAY A WISE CRACK UNDER MY BREATH AND SHE LAUGHS TOO....ITS ALL GOOD !!!!!1

Yeah my gf and i still get that moretimes than not but only from either her moms or grandmom. It use to irk me a lil too. But with her grandmom it's all ouuta luv not one once of shade since she is super supportive of her and loves the hell outta mel. She tries now lil more but it's just semantics thing Now with momdukes it's lil more tainted with a hard sense of acceptence, her missus have issues about how she dealt with raising a extremely fem boy.They are second generation Carib American bit i suspect any fam of color would still trip up on the name.

Reddman
08-06-2005, 07:39 AM
MYHE MOM WAS THE FUNNIEST, SHE WOULD SAY A SENTANCE LIKE LETS SAY SHE CALLED THE HOUSE AND MY GIRL WASNT HOE BUT I ANSWERED THE PHONE , HER MOM WOULD SAY TO ME " TELL HIM TO CALL HER MOTHER, I HAVENT TALKED TO HIM IN A WEEK AND SHE KNOWS I WORRY WHEN I DONT HEAR FROM HIM "

LOL So true... that's when it happens the most too. in person they read it better on the phone it's almost always her boy nickname :lol: Funny it's only mom or grandmom. Everyone else in her fam even rock hard uncle call her by the fem pronoun or her new legal name.

SidChromeAU
08-06-2005, 06:32 PM
Hey mate - welcome back! Nice to see you haven't lost your touch (even if the remark did deserve the contempt with which you treated it!).
Good to see you around again.

peggygee
05-18-2008, 03:55 AM
It hasn't happened in decades.

When I was first transitioning it was a little more difficult for them as
they were trying to get their minds around it.

At this point I have been the correct gender far longer than the other
person I was.

So now I am simply the daughter, Sister, Aunt, niece, etc. :shrug

justatransgirl
05-18-2008, 11:07 AM
I lost count of the number of times my Mother has outted me by using wrong pro-noun. But she's 82 and knew me for 40 years as a boy, so this came as kind of a surprise to her so I try to be tolerant. Even when she was highly intolerant of me during my early transition.

I finally reached a point where at a restaurant I will put a card on the table in front of her that says "SHE." But I'm sure she will go to the grave calling me "him."

She doesn't use my birth name anymore, just doesn't usually call me by any name. At least she stopped calling me and Jessica "its."

The rest of my family I've never had much to do with. We don't do family reunions, so since my dad died a few years ago before I transitioned I've no reason to go to funerals so I just never bothered to notify anybody.

My old friends, some who date to jr high school, occasionally slip, usually when the topic involves recounting some event that happened long ago when they thought of me as a guy. They are always quick to correct themselves.

I have one neighbor at a beach house I own who I've known for many years, who still calls me by my birth name, even while staring at my double D's and alluding to wanting to fk me in the ass... giggle. Maybe I should refer him to the "am I gay" thread... LOL

Hugs,
TS Jamie :-)

Aunt Kay
05-18-2008, 02:05 PM
I think we all hope for unconditional love. Sadly our parents were never taught unconditional love by their parents either. I hate to sound corny, but maybe it's up to us to try and break the cycle.