PDA

View Full Version : That is it, this HA background color needs to change.

macfan
07-27-2008, 01:44 PM
:idea:

This Hot Pink color is killing my eyes don't know about you guys but browsing through the topics or search results I end up with double vision from the bright pink neon color, that gives me a headache. Isn't it about time for an update to the website and especially this horrible bright, pink background color. :)

Dinand
07-27-2008, 02:10 PM
That's kind of a Firefox letdown, the fact that you can't change any colors on a website you visit. Maybe in the future you can? Btw, I don't have a problem with the color on this site, I'm very use to it now.

macfan
07-27-2008, 02:18 PM
That's kind of a Firefox letdown, the fact that you can't change any colors on a website you visit. Maybe in the future you can? Btw, I don't have a problem with the color on this site, I'm very use to it now.

Yeah I use Firefox too.

There are two level of pinks one is duller and tolerable in the topics section of the forum but then there is the one for search results and posting messages and it is a strain to look at for me anyway.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-27-2008, 02:22 PM
ummmmmmmmmm the color aint changing
I feel your pain though, I have adjusted to reading this forum with my Maui Jim's on, saves my retinas overall

macfan
07-27-2008, 02:29 PM
ummmmmmmmmm the color aint changing
I feel your pain though, I have adjusted to reading this forum with my Maui Jim's on, saves my retinas overall

LMAO! I hear you, I use the search feature a lot and going through the results can become a minor migraine. Mind you it never stops me from searching. :)

peggygee
07-27-2008, 03:17 PM
Would the pink, fuschia color scheme for the site be my first choice
if I were designing the the site, can't really say.

But as a woman I kinda like the colors, they're feminine, bright and
festive.

What I would really like is the ability to embed Youtube, widgets, ignore
buttons and other features.

dbev
07-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Agreed.

Change this damn color or give us the possibility to do it.

Ecstatic
07-27-2008, 06:23 PM
The color is hideous, but after all these years, ehh, there it is. The content of the posts is what really matters.

Lover
07-27-2008, 10:43 PM
That's kind of a Firefox letdown, the fact that you can't change any colors on a website you visit.
Sure you can. Go to "View", select "Page Style", and change it from "Basic Page Style" to "No Style".

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-28-2008, 12:23 AM
4+ years of pinkness and in 5 seconds Lover just saved my retinas

well done...................

NjTranceAddict
07-28-2008, 02:04 AM
The color definitely kills my eyes too, but it looks odd with 'no page style' selected. I demand selectable skins! :P

Chaotic
07-28-2008, 05:05 AM
That's kind of a Firefox letdown, the fact that you can't change any colors on a website you visit.
Sure you can. Go to "View", select "Page Style", and change it from "Basic Page Style" to "No Style".

Works with Opera as well. Click on "View", select "Style", and choose either "High Contrast (B/W) or (W/B)...et voila! No more retina scorching pink!

BOOYAH! 8)

francisfkudrow
07-28-2008, 07:11 AM
The color definitely kills my eyes too, but it looks odd with 'no page style' selected. I demand selectable skins! :P

Yeah, its a little too minimalistic with "no page style".

sidrat910
07-29-2008, 05:23 AM
Here's what I did. For Firefox, install the Add-On "Greasemonkey". This puts a small monkey icon on the status bar at the bottom. Then on the Userscripts.org site, search out the script "Page Recolorization" and install. Whenever you wish to change a site's color scheme without changing it's format, right click the monkey and enable the recolorization script. The page reloads and no more blinding colors. I've used this method for quite some time now when visiting Hung Angels. A little involved, yes, but well worth it in my opinion. Just remember to right click and disable it afterwards for other sites. Hope this helps.

NYCe
07-29-2008, 06:06 AM
Ok, we'll do something about the color scheme.

BlackMath
07-29-2008, 09:06 AM
I'm a professional graphic designer. So I guess I feel qualified to throw my two cents in here.

The fuschia colour needs to be changed to a light pink. And the blue needs to be darkened. That's about all I can think to do right now.
It's a bit difficult with HTML colours. The range is so limited.

ottorocket
07-29-2008, 09:10 AM
IT BURNS MY RETINA!!! HORROR!!!

muttley
07-29-2008, 09:18 AM
IE tab. its a firefox plugin that lets you view things only viewable in IE.

Willie Escalade
07-29-2008, 12:04 PM
I'm using the no page style right now. The forum does look a bit weird...and it will take some getting used to.

Actually, the pink doesn't bother me too much. :?

mimiplastique
07-29-2008, 01:38 PM
if the color changes i'm out plain and simple

I'm Cursed, I'm Irish
07-29-2008, 02:54 PM
After I do a search, I highlight everything with the cursor to make it a little easier to read.

yodajazz
07-30-2008, 09:57 AM
:idea:

This Hot Pink color is killing my eyes don't know about you guys but browsing through the topics or search results I end up with double vision from the bright pink neon color, that gives me a headache. Isn't it about time for an update to the website and especially this horrible bright, pink background color. :)

Have you tried turning down the brightness on your monitor? Mine has up and down buttons for brightness right on the front.

Lover
09-04-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm just bringing this thread back up for those who may have missed it.

KiraHarden
09-04-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm just bringing this thread back up for those who may have missed it.

A few more pastel colors would be sweet.

Teydyn
09-04-2008, 06:05 PM
Keep the colors, but offer different Board Styles under Profile. This is one of the few forums where you cant change it.

celticgrafix
09-04-2008, 11:34 PM
yeh it does, its beat

hwbs
09-04-2008, 11:57 PM
its not happening...get over it and yourselves...

franks
09-05-2008, 06:26 AM
its not happening...get over it and yourselves...

I had the same issue viewing other sites including ones that I've designed. The choice of color is fine, it's just that it's not really a good idea to use blues on top of reds. The colors "vibrate". That's why they hurt the eyes of some people. Funny thing though, it doesn't seem to bother everyone. makes me nuts.

vietboy
09-05-2008, 07:02 AM
The color scheme is difficult to read and gay.

NjTranceAddict
09-05-2008, 07:29 AM
^^^^^^I like sky blue with clouds. OK, everyone call me a fag now! :P

http://www.why-is-the-sky-blue.tv/images/why-is-sky-blue.jpg

Thatiger23
09-05-2008, 07:43 AM
no matter how much all of you fucking complain they are not gonna change the background so get over the fucking idea and go on with something else damn...this thread was dead for a reason let it die again