PDA

View Full Version : Batman: The Dark Knight (2008) Christian Bale

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-27-2008, 07:22 AM
http://www.deviousnoise.com/images/posters-large/darkknight.jpg

Synopsis: Batman and James Gordon join forces with Gotham's new District Attorney, Harvey Dent, to take on a psychotic bank robber known as The Joker, whilst other forces plot against them, and Joker's crimes grow more and more deadly.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaIR9dAZRR0

Watch it: http://video.supernovatube.com/play.php?viewkey=059858cf9e9d763134ee

~Kisses.

HTG

mimiplastique
07-27-2008, 07:24 AM
just got back in from seeing it a second time
the movie is the shit !!!!! i watched it all alone this time the frist time i went in a crowd , was gonna start a thread about it but you beat me to it ... this movie is so good I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-27-2008, 07:25 AM
just got back in from seeing it a second time
the movie is the shit !!!!! i watched it all alone this time the frist time i went in a crowd , was gonna start a thread about it but you beat me to it ... this movie is so good I LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

lol I love it also!! Christian Bale is the BEST Batman imo! :P

;)

~Kisses.

HTG

mimiplastique
07-27-2008, 07:27 AM
um your forget about one special man

HEATH LEDGER !!!! GOD even in all the horrible makeup he was still so dmn sexy

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-27-2008, 07:29 AM
um your forget about one special man

HEATH LEDGER !!!! GOD even in all the horrible makeup he was still so dmn sexy

Omg, Yesss!! How could I forget? He was so sexy and evil! lol :P

~Kisses.

HTG

Realgirls4me
07-27-2008, 07:32 AM
Great movie, but how about three-and-seven-eights stars?

... You didn't invite me to see it with you, Hara?! (Right foot tapping, arms folded)

Hmph!

j/k

mimiplastique
07-27-2008, 07:33 AM
100 stars

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-27-2008, 07:34 AM

... You didn't invite me to see it with you, Hara?! (Right foot tapping, arms folded)

Hmph!

j/k

lol..I actually didn't think you'd drive from SD for a movie in LA (with the current gas prices)! :lol:

On the side note: I've enjoyed Indiana with you though. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

Realgirls4me
07-27-2008, 07:38 AM

Hmph!

j/k

lol..I actually didn't think you'd drive from SD for a movie in LA (with the current gas prices)! :lol:

On the side note: I've enjoyed Indiana with you though. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

I'm afraid to drive anywhere with gas prices the way they are ... I enjoyed my time watching Indy with you too, although we did miss a couple of minutes of the opening, remember? By the way, "Indy" who? j/k

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-27-2008, 07:40 AM
I know..I caught up with it though so here:

http://stagevu.com/video/qmfiqzmfypvv

Now you can catch up on what we've missed. lol

~Kisses.

HTG

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-27-2008, 07:41 AM
Opp's double post! :evil:

hwbs
07-27-2008, 07:41 AM
i loved it...a lot of people were hating on it !!!

Realgirls4me
07-27-2008, 08:12 AM
i loved it...a lot of people were hating on it !!!

Huh? Did the power go out at your theater too, or what?

hwbs
07-27-2008, 08:29 AM
eh i loved the dark knight...have this limited edition book with all the batman works from frank miller...would love to get it signed

Dinand
07-27-2008, 08:49 AM
I actually give it 5 stars! I just wished Dr. Crane/Scarecrow had a bigger part since he was fantastic in Batman Begins.

ARMANIXXX
07-27-2008, 09:12 AM
Batman 2008, or whatever its called,

It was a 2 1/2 star movie.

Heath Ledger was a very good Joker.

The plot though, it was all over the place and was very messy.

It was a 2 1/2 star movie.............

That's all.

I'm gonna go see X Files tomorrow.

lupinIII
07-27-2008, 12:34 PM
Easily 5 stars from me, movie of the year, hell I'd give it movie of the last few years, I'd say that not since Return of the King has there been a hyped up, blockbuster style movie that delivered on every count.

Armani, what movie were you watching? This movie wasn't about plot, in fact plot was almost secondary, this movie was about emotion. In terms of plot I avoided every spoiler and yet knew exactly what would happen, it's a Batman flick, it's gonna have a villain show up, fuck some shit up, and after a few confrontations Batman catches him. This movie was about the anarchy embodied by the Joker, and the kind of craziness that it takes to stop such anarchy, among other things.

Ah well live and let live I guess, I was just really affected by this movie, that final speech by the Joker really got to me, not only because of the eeriness of the delivery but because that's it for Heath, and Heath was one of the few Australian icons I actually admired.

By the way, hollywoodbuckstrap, are you talking about the Absolute Dark Knight hardcover? That thing was way cool.

Mugai_hentaisha
07-27-2008, 01:20 PM
Great Frakin movie

Loved it especially the ending

Heath and Christian did an outstanding job as well as all the supporting cast

effects were not only awesome but they were real nice to see the bat pod...although a bit of a wussy name for me but alas nothing else seems to fit :lol:

To me personally I thought there was a plot There was the joker's usual plot get Batman, and the mobs plot of Get Batman...I could understand why a person would say "there was no plot" because they don't understand the way of the Joker....he is the type of person who would take you all over the world to make you cross the bridge in front of you and drive you crazy to boot.

TES
William

LTR_Seeker
07-27-2008, 01:49 PM
The Dark Knight totally awesome movie going to go see it again got next 2 days off & hara how ya like the pencil trick dont say too much night spoil it lol

sucka4chix
07-27-2008, 04:19 PM
Batman 2008, or whatever its called,

It was a 2 1/2 star movie.

Heath Ledger was a very good Joker.

The plot though, it was all over the place and was very messy.

It was a 2 1/2 star movie.............

That's all.

I'm gonna go see X Files tomorrow.

I agree. Don't understand the love feet for this movie. If you're a comic book fiend or Ledger fan or girl (or guy) looking for male eye candy, maybe there's something in it for you. But taken objectively, the movie is mildly entertaining, at best.
The fx are on point and Ledger did a good job, but you get no points from me for doing what you're supposed to do. Bale's a pretty good Batman, but I hate the way he talks like Jimmy Durante impersonating Clint Eastwood when in costume. The supporting actors (thugs and gangsters etc) were poorly cast and did horrible jobs.
The main downfall was the writing. The plot was JUVENILE. Had nothing to do with the Joker, as some suggest. There were many scenes where you could tell they were trying to build high drama, but just came across as silly. Think back to the scene at the end with Gordon and his family. Omg, that was worse than Jerome mourning Prince's death in UNDER THE CHERRY MOON!!
Just another sign of the times of how mediocre work gets promoted to stellar these days.
I can't say it was awful, but all in all it was just ok.

kaiser1one
07-27-2008, 06:34 PM
Needed alot more Joker.
I hate Christian Bale's Batman voice. He sounds like he's trying to be stern and intimidating but failing.

Now Kevin Conroy, he can do a Batman voice, and Bruce Wayne.

lupinIII
07-29-2008, 05:27 AM
I hate Christian Bale's Batman voice. He sounds like he's trying to be stern and intimidating but failing.

Now Kevin Conroy, he can do a Batman voice, and Bruce Wayne.

I'll pay this, it sounds llike Batman requires a lozenge. Maybe the cowl restricts air flow from his trachea.

hungone
07-29-2008, 08:01 AM
Great movie saw it four times at the best movie theater in chicagoland with four different females. Gonna be nominated at least for a lot of Oscars.

uber_nerd
07-29-2008, 08:28 AM
3-stars

Among the above-mentioneed...

Poor editing.... you could almost see the scotch tape on the reel on screen splits and cuts...

Morgan Freeman wearing a colorful bow tie.

Gyllenhaal replacing Holmes.

.... many more.

Bostonsub
07-30-2008, 08:39 PM
Loved the movie. It was just a little long. It caught me off guard.

Dinand
07-30-2008, 09:26 PM
It was just a little long.
I actually thought it was a little short. I wanted to see more and more and more!!!

needsum
07-30-2008, 09:50 PM
First of all, an "Under the Cherry Moon" reference? No Fucking way--thats classic!!! hahahaha awesome!

I loved the film. I tried not to get caught up in the whole "Heath is dead so lets love the movie because of him" kind of vibe. But man, he was ASTOUNDING in it. All the little nuances he had, like the unconscious licking of the cuts on his face--it all came off as so natural. He really was phenominal. For me, he made this movie. Christian Bale has been my favorite in the serties so far. In fact, aside from Batman Begins and the Dark Night, I have yet to actually sit through an entire movie. No disrespect to Clooney and Whats-his-face, but those flicks were just campy hollywood stroke sessions designed to make then some money. Nothing enticing for me in any of those films. My only complaint is Bale's voice when he dons the mask, as others have said here as well. It's just a bit over the top.

What these last two had, which made me love them, was the human element. In Begins, you see the struggle Bruce goes through and why he becomes Batman. In Dark Night, you see the twisted mind of the Joker as it unfolds. And while there is no sure-fire, clear-cut plot, the way he pulls you through each scene, getting you deeper and deeper into his nightmare world is just amazing. You tend to think he's pulling pranks, but as the movie goes on you begin to see how intricate, and brilliantly insane his entire plan really is. It was amazing.

And I also LOVED the jokers take on anarchy. As I watched that scene, I began to realize that I could actually feel that way if I wasn't so stuck in societal rules. He was so free--he had absolutely nothing to lose, and at the same time he wasn't trying to gain anything. Brilliant.

tommymageeshemales2
07-30-2008, 11:09 PM
My Avatar aside, the movie itself is hyped to Cristiano Ronaldo proportions...an appropriate analogy, because, although exceptionally good, this film, like Ronaldo, is not great. The Joker is like Daniel Plainview or Bill the Butcher i.e a character, played exceptionally well that makes up for a no more than good story. It's hard not to like Bale though!

tommymageeshemales2
07-30-2008, 11:11 PM
P.S Maggie Gyllenhaal shouldn't have a career in film. At least not in front of the camera. It's an offense!

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-30-2008, 11:15 PM
P.S Maggie Gyllenhaal shouldn't have a career in film. At least not in front of the camera. It's an offense!

I agree! I don't know what they're thinking when they cast her for the part. I feel, there's other better actresses who could do justice and play her part IMO. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

tommymageeshemales2
07-30-2008, 11:40 PM

I agree! I don't know what they're thinking when they cast her for the part. I feel, there's other better actresses who could do justice and play her part IMO. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

So we share the same sentiment, cool :0) Who do you think would have been a better Rachel Dauwe?

Hazel Tucker
07-30-2008, 11:45 PM
I can't wait to see it! Looks so good and I have heard nothing but great things about it.

Plus I have always loved Batman! 8)

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-31-2008, 12:36 AM

~Kisses.

HTG

So we share the same sentiment, cool :0) Who do you think would have been a better Rachel Dauwe?

Rachel Dawes? Hmm..How about Natalie Portman or Sarah Michelle Gellar? Though the former I heard is 'picky' with roles she takes. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

yx
07-31-2008, 01:15 AM
Rachel Dawes? Hmm..How about Natalie Portman or Sarah Michelle Gellar? Though the former I heard is 'picky' with roles she takes. ;)

I don't know... Those two actresses aren't tall enough and, quite frankly, aren't that good anyway (especially Gellar).

Gyllenhaal kinda has that "real world chick" look that makes it quite a bit easier to take her seriously in a role like Rachel Dawes than girls like Natalie Portman and Sarah Michelle Gellar.

The problem with Dawes wasn't Gyllenhaal anyway. The problem was the character itself. Dawes was the weak link in both movies. No actress could have made Dawes bearable.

~Kisses.

Thanks.

Hara_Juku Tgirl
07-31-2008, 01:25 AM
Point taken! lol What a weak role..hence none of the better actresses wanted it anyways! ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

saifan
09-04-2008, 06:42 AM
Aaron Eckhart talks Two-Face here:
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/38179
spoilers obv.

Helvis2012
02-05-2009, 01:23 AM
Christian Bale is one the finest actors of his generation.