PDA

View Full Version : P.Diddys New Show

AsiaMei
07-22-2008, 01:41 PM
i came across this vid on youtube today for p.diddys new show "I Want To Work For Diddy",
and the girl in the beginning reminded me of laverne cox ( www.beingt.com - www.myspace.com/lavernecox ).
not sure if it was her, if it is kudos to her for being part of his new reality show. looks interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hwgu9E-QpWA

Luna555
07-22-2008, 02:12 PM
In the Being T trailer Leverne talks about working with diddy as a transsexual woman so i guess this is the show she will be working with him on.

NoSay
07-22-2008, 02:12 PM
Looks to be the same person

AsiaMei
07-22-2008, 05:20 PM
In the Being T trailer Leverne talks about working with diddy as a transsexual woman so i guess this is the show she will be working with him on.

the trailer over @ beingT doesnt work for me, must be a new version.

hwbs
07-22-2008, 06:47 PM
i had heard she was going to be on some new tv show....

AllanahStarrNYC
07-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Yes that is Laverne-kudos and congratulations to her for such an achievement!

Legend
07-22-2008, 06:56 PM
Is this show like his old show where he made potential employees walk across town for some cheesecake,yeah working with a jerk like puff daddy should be a thrill for her.

hwbs
07-22-2008, 06:56 PM
i had seen the trailer on vh1 last night but i was on limited sleep ...i was more or less listening and not watching...

yodajazz
07-22-2008, 07:39 PM
In the last four posts, three or have been negative commentary about Laverne. But programming like this can show t people as regular people. I just don't like these type of shows, because they seem to be exploitive of all the people trying out for the spots.

MonsieurValentine
07-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Is this show like his old show where he made potential employees walk across town for some cheesecake,yeah working with a jerk like puff daddy should be a thrill for her.

I've had the pleasure of working with sean, and I have to say, despite what I expected, he is one of the most professional, courteous and respectful employers I have ever worked for. Yes, I was surprised. But, he's a smart individual and every single move is calculated.

manonfire
07-23-2008, 09:45 PM
Ummm, its a reality tv show. Reality shows are made for the whole trainwreck effect. Therefore, it doesn't surprise me that a trannie appears on one. Just speaking on behalf of the general public cause they still consider trannies to be trainwreck material. This country is a lot bigger than a discussion board on Hungangels. Sometimes it sounds like some here forget that. Just my humble opinion from a long time lurker. Flame away if u must.

hwbs
07-24-2008, 01:45 PM
worthy next time dont hold back on what u think about diddy :)

AsiaMei
07-25-2008, 04:15 PM
http://perezhilton.com/2008-07-25-diddy-loves-trannies#respond

yodajazz
07-25-2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the link. I read the comments section also. It kind of gives a cross section of what people think about transsexuals in general. The whole ‘P Diddy must be gay’ idea shows why it is tough for t people to get breaks in society. But then you also have people with positive comments. Overall it helps greatly to see t people as regular people, trying to get jobs, etc.

Incidentally, when people were talking about trans people on other reality shows, someone mentioned Carmen, of Project Runway. I did a search and found out that her name is Carmen Webber. She and another woman, have a label called “Sistah’s of Harlem”, but there was nothing at all about her being trans, just about being a former model. So she doesn’t appear to be trans. Does anyone know about her?