PDA

View Full Version : What's the best way to cut off a lying friend?!?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-20-2008, 10:18 PM
Someone who lies about shit just to make themselves seem better than they are............

What's your best method for cutting them off?

mstrod
07-20-2008, 10:23 PM
let him borrow some money

Alyssa87
07-20-2008, 10:35 PM
(i did this in February... and im STILL lyin-ass friend free!)

Tell 'em u know that they've been lying to you for as long as youve known them.
And that u feel sorry that their real lives must be so terrible, that they have to lie about it.

He or she will never speak to you again..aah 8)

timxxx
07-20-2008, 10:37 PM
Stop call,stop taking & returning his calls,start getting very busy,after a few weeks he will get the message.

BeardedOne
07-20-2008, 10:46 PM
I'm with the money-lending idea. Nothing sheds people from your life faster than a debt they are never going to repay. You don't even have to nag them about it, just make subtle hints every time you talk to them. Eventually =they= don't want to be around =you=.

I've tested this theory (Though that was not the original plan) and it works magically. The greater the amount, the faster and farther they bail. It gets to a point where your other friends begin to wonder if they are in a shallow grave in the Pine Barrens and they stop asking for change for the meter. :lol:

trannybanger
07-20-2008, 10:49 PM
at the root.

ARMANIXXX
07-20-2008, 11:10 PM
I ain't gonna pay no one to leave me alone.

Go with Alyssa's plan.

tsmandy
07-20-2008, 11:35 PM
I guess it depends on whether or not you want to be friends with someone or whether they are just a social acquaintance that for some reason or another you cannot avoid.

If it is someone I really like, then I always favor direct communication. I try to talk to my friends about things that make it difficult for me to be around them, as long as I think we could have a good friendship.

If they are just a social acquaintance that you cannot avoid, I recommend just ignoring them, not in an overt manner, just focusing your attentions elsewhere. Why waste your time on bullshit, it only feeds peoples need for attention and encourages/ embattles them.

tsarielablue
07-20-2008, 11:50 PM
:( Well it must be a serious friendship if you are asking for help.

Ask yourself this question what would you do if you was the lying one receiving the news....
What solution are you seeking?

Cutting off strings period?

Or because you are his friend, confront him with the truth and say to him, "I am your friend, not because of what you tell me. But because of who you really are".

That would probably make him face the truth and change. After all we become friends to help one another. :wink:

TsVanessa69
07-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Use Brendas IGNORE button
Or do what I do, ask them in front of a bumch of people, to tell me again about that high paying client they had the other day, and watch the look on their face, liars tell so many lies, they NEVER keep up with their liess!

TsVanessa69
07-20-2008, 11:53 PM
:( Well it must be a serious friendship if you are asking for help.

Ask yourself this question what would you do if you was the lying one receiving the news....
What solution are you seeking?

Cutting off strings period?

Or because you are his friend, confront him with the truth and say to him, "I am your friend, not because of what you tell me. But because of who you really are".

That would probably make him face the truth and change. After all we become friends to help one another. :wink:
Girl I had so much fun with you on your birthday!!!!!!!!!!!
We were drunk, and you cried!
Here is a few pics, in case you forgot loka.
Tyra Allure took us to every bar in Krash and bought us shots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tsarielablue
07-20-2008, 11:54 PM
Use Brendas IGNORE button
Or do what I do, ask them in front of a bumch of people, to tell me again about that high paying client they had the other day, and watch the look on their face, liars tell so many lies, they NEVER keep up with their liess!

Tis true darling.. sad but true.
BTW< thanks so much for loving me and embracing me with your love and spirit on my birthday.
I love when ladies can go out and love one another.. This I missed and will cherish. Kisses Goddess..XOXO

tsarielablue
07-20-2008, 11:57 PM
OMG Vanessa!!! LMSAO!
I cried cause You my Lovely sisters gave me true love.
It embraced me...lol
Also I'm on My cycle of hormones and I can't hold liqour to save my puss!

I get emotional (Cancer Sign) when I drink.. :oops:

tsarielablue
07-21-2008, 12:01 AM
Love the pics! Thanks for sharing!! Mine was blurred out with my hands. To tipsy to get pics... sowwie..lol
Kisses

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-21-2008, 12:18 AM
Vanessa don't hijack my thread with your party memories
lol

now back on topic

If they are just a social acquaintance that you cannot avoid, I recommend just ignoring them, not in an overt manner, just focusing your attentions elsewhere. Why waste your time on bullshit, it only feeds peoples need for attention and encourages/ embattles them.

Mandy (and everyone else actually) thanks for your reply.

This is usually the approach I take with anyone that ticks me off, but anyone that practices this method can tell you the individual doing the IGNORING usually gets labeled as an asshole.

Perfect example some may get some might not. Someone you know is visiting your town and you call them and they give you the "I'll call you right back" bullshit line. You get no call back, no text message, nothing, yet when they see you somewhere and you brush them off face to face due to that earlier bullshit line YOU GET CALLED an asshole!!!! LMAO

It is the best way (IMO)to practice cutting someone off though, and i thank Mandy for making me realize I'm not the only individual that practices it.

Threads not closed, keep the replies coming.

rvince
07-21-2008, 12:24 AM
Tell 'em u know that they've been lying to you for as long as youve known them.
And that u feel sorry that their real lives must be so terrible, that they have to lie about it.

I've used that a few times already (3-4?) and I can confirm it works just great :-)

TsVanessa69
07-21-2008, 12:39 AM
lol

now back on topic

This is usually the approach I take with anyone that ticks me off, but anyone that practices this method can tell you the individual doing the IGNORING usually gets labeled as an asshole.

Perfect example some may get some might not. Someone you know is visiting your town and you call them and they give you the "I'll call you right back" bullshit line. You get no call back, no text message, nothing, yet when they see you somewhere and you brush them off face to face due to that earlier bullshit line YOU GET CALLED an asshole!!!! LMAO

It is the best way (IMO)to practice cutting someone off though, and i thank Mandy for making me realize I'm not the only individual that practices it.

Would you have preferred me post pics of lying friends instead???

will802
07-21-2008, 12:45 AM
I've had success with the following... "I know you have been - insert actions/behavior here - so let's remain friends and make an effort to never see each other again." That usually stops them dead in their tracks....

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-21-2008, 12:47 AM
lol

now back on topic

actually.......................................... lol
[ebonics mode activated]
look muhfucka don't be hijackin my threads
[end ebonics mode]

ok back to the discussion

BrendaQG
07-21-2008, 01:00 AM
Like Vanessa said. >>IGNORE<<. Just cut the dead weight they'll get the message. That would be the cool calm way to do it.

Though telling them off in front of a crowd could feel allot better. :-)

TsVanessa69
07-21-2008, 01:01 AM
Like Vanessa said. >>IGNORE<<. Just cut the dead weight they'll get the message. That would be the cool calm way to do it.

Though telling them off in front of a crowd could feel allot better. :-)
Kinda like those buttons they use in thos STAPLES commercials

TsVanessa69
07-21-2008, 01:03 AM
lol

now back on topic

actually.......................................... lol
[ebonics mode activated]
look muhfucka don't be hijackin my threads
[end ebonics mode]

ok back to the discussion
Yo bro chill, let the fly honeys do they thang!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wino the SuperHero
07-21-2008, 07:55 AM
Don't beat around the bush.
You gotta end that shit.
I keep a mental tally of all their shit.
Then expose them.

REAL PEOPLE ARE OUTNUMBERED 10 TO 1.
so for every 10 people people you meet 9 of them are fake, fronting, lying, back stabbing and or just plain trifling. Keeping company with people who don't have your same goals is only going to bring you down.

If you want to be a singer you gotta hang around singers and producers.
If you wanna be a crack head you gonna hang out with other crack heads so you know who got the best shit.

TsVanessa69
07-21-2008, 08:09 AM
Don't beat around the bush.
You gotta end that shit.
I keep a mental tally of all their shit.
Then expose them.

REAL PEOPLE ARE OUTNUMBERED 10 TO 1.
so for every 10 people people you meet 9 of them are fake, fronting, lying, back stabbing and or just plain trifling. Keeping company with people who don't have your same goals is only going to bring you down.

I COULDN"T AGREE MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

JANIRA
07-21-2008, 06:41 PM
I" HATE" liers!!!! I just disconnect myself completelly from them , its soo sad when someone lies to boost their ego or gain some self importance by doing so.

tsntx
07-21-2008, 07:50 PM
ignore them its not hard... my best friend of 3 yrs, who even moved in right next door, and i dont talk bc i got tired of the lies and BS... its not hard

uber_nerd
07-22-2008, 03:34 AM
Just call 'em on it.

Dude I'm working with on my senior project... right when he opens his mouth, I cut him off and ask if he's about to lie to me.

If he stammers an answer, then yes, he was about to lie to me. If he continues at normal pace then chances are he is still lieing, but atleast it will be well thought out and put together.

4star4
07-22-2008, 05:44 AM
I always like to have a little fun with liars. I always keep in mind that if I tell the truth, my story will always be the same. Liars can't keep their stories straight because they don't remember the past embellishments they've made. I just pretend to be interested in the story I know is really a lie. I ask alot of questions to get details. Then when the details change a week later, I call them on it. From then on, if they tell me something, I simply ask them to prove it. Of course, if it is someone I don't want in my life, just ignore them.

goldensamba
07-22-2008, 07:46 AM
I believe in calling it like it is. Tell them as long as they continue to lie about things then you cannot be friends because you can't tust them. Then, and if they decide that they no longer need to lie you can re-evaluate or just stay clear.

bulldog
07-22-2008, 08:32 AM
usually a stomp to the foot or a hammer to the forehead is about the best method