PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Knight

DJ_Asia
07-18-2008, 08:11 AM
Saw the new Batman installment last night...long ass movie...The series keeps getting heavier and darker,which is a bonus,as all the super hero movies being targeted at children gets old after awhile.

The hype surrounding Heath Ledger's performance isnt actually hype...its fact...dude took the Joker and twisted it into a a classic evil crazy villain and illustrates just how good an actor Ledger was.

DJ gives Dark Knight 7.5 out of 10

tsntx
07-18-2008, 08:14 AM
why only 7.5?

DJ_Asia
07-18-2008, 08:16 AM
why only 7.5?

It was a bit long,and a few times things were happening that I simply wasnt grasping as to why they were happening and what exactly they had to do with the plot....mind you im not a person who needs movies explained to me but at times here I found my self a bit lost.

Realgirls4me
07-18-2008, 08:22 AM
I am NOT going to read anything related to The Dark Knight until I see it.

Legend
07-18-2008, 08:25 AM
I hear it was better the the first one and ledger played the joke perfectly like you stated but i'm with jen, 7.5 is pretty low.

DJ_Asia
07-18-2008, 08:29 AM
I hear it was better the the first one and ledger played the joke perfectly like you stated but i'm with jen, 7.5 is pretty low.

It is better than the first one,and def worth the price of admission...as far as my rating goes theres only a handful of movies I've ever seen that would rate as a nine or higher so on my scale 7.5 is pretty good.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-18-2008, 11:45 AM
I'll give it an 8.5, i agree it was too long but well written.

My reason for the 8.5 is solely due to her saying "goodbye".

Alyssa87
07-18-2008, 11:49 AM
8 hours till showtime.. sooo excited!

kaientai
07-18-2008, 11:54 AM
man i can't wait for this one thanks dj asia and all for the spoiler free comments

BrendaQG
07-18-2008, 01:02 PM
I'm goona have to see this one. I find it hard to imagine a better joker than Jack though.

DJ_Asia
07-18-2008, 02:48 PM
I'm goona have to see this one. I find it hard to imagine a better joker than Jack though.

I venture to guess that after you see Ledger's Joker you will always see Ledger's interpretation of the character to which all others are measured...and all will pale in comparison.

EyeCumInPiece
07-18-2008, 05:01 PM
i seen the midnite showing last nite. i give it a 9 out of 10. It was long, but Ledger's performance made me wishing for more.

trannylover12
07-18-2008, 05:03 PM
i seen that movie at 1215 this morning it was an awsome movie

hwbs
07-18-2008, 05:19 PM
going to see it now....i thought the last one was also long....i am sure i will like it since i was a big fan of the dark knight series...i guess it would of almost made sense for frank miller to do the movie.... :)

LovinFur69
07-18-2008, 06:48 PM
10 outta 10 from me. Too long is far from a fair complaint, Chris Nolan explores all the intricate plot details and fully fleshes them out. Any shorter and it would've felt incomplete.

Anything less then a 9 and you must've seen a different movie then I.

It transcends comic book movie. Its not about batman, its about Gotham.

I can't wait to see it again.

gunn
07-18-2008, 08:10 PM
OK heres two face!

hwbs
07-18-2008, 09:30 PM
it was really great...it would do u a huge disservice if u missed this one !!!!

TomSelis
07-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Checking it out tonight, will post my thoughts later.

KalisaD
07-19-2008, 06:06 AM
finger's crossed... gonna head out and watch it in an hour

Skylancer81
07-19-2008, 06:16 AM

Ledger's best performance ever, too bad its his last.

Bayle outdid himself.

Anthony Michael Hall set up Riddler for part 3 nicely in the background.

Nothing I disliked about it at all, just wish Ledger was around to reprise Joker. Length felt shorter then its 2 hour 26 minute running time for me.

No after credits stuff so when they roll just go.

NYBURBS
07-19-2008, 06:26 AM
Great flick, I'd say 8.5, only problem was the length could have been shortened a bit. Excellent performance by Ledger as the Joker.

JelenaCD
07-19-2008, 06:28 AM
i am amazed that people still go to movies !

saifan
07-19-2008, 07:01 AM
i am amazed that people still go to movies !

Still the best way to see a movie.

Jolt711ml
07-19-2008, 10:59 AM
HATED IT ...... No really !!!!!

ARE YOU STUPID IT WAS FUCKING AWSOME <3

Joker in a wig and a dress in the hospital scene ohh now that was sexy HA content all the way : )

Gooch57
07-19-2008, 02:28 PM
Best movie this year... and one of my personal favorites of all time.
The story was incredible, the acting (by everyone was amazing) it is two and a half hours but left me wanting more. This movie was everything the you think it will be and then multiplied by ten.
With all the CGI, family friendly action movies always coming out, this takes place in a more realistic world fueled by gritty sometimes disturbing acts of violence and great actors doing what they do best.
if i was forced o give this a number rating i would give it a 10.

Alyssa87
07-19-2008, 05:09 PM
i wasnt expectimg it to be that good.

i have a terrible habit of falling asleep in the movies.
..but i didnt even blink yesterday when i watched this!!

lupinIII
07-19-2008, 06:07 PM
In-fucking-credible.

I saw an advanced screening on the 16th. I left the theatre emotionally exhausted. Ledger's performance as the Joker was unbelievable, he smashed it out of the park but he was only half of it, Aaron Eckhart's role I thought was the counter-point and his performance I thought was utterly amazing. All the characters elicited real emotions and real sympathy. Easily the best movie of the year. 10/10.

Ecstatic
07-19-2008, 07:14 PM
I'm with DJ: 7.5 is as high as I would go, and that's actually pushing it. As a superhero movie, mind you, it rates 9.5 out of 10, but as a great movie I'd say 6-7, maybe 7.5 for Ledger's performance (which taken separately rates a solid 10 as a great acting performance).

It was too long; the pacing was excellent and there was no wasted footage, but it got so drawn out that I expected every time the Joker was caught something else would go wrong, and I found myself pretty much worn out by the end, not wanting more (and you know what they say, always leave them wanting more). On the other hand, since Ledger's not around to revisit the character, I shouldn't complain because of the brilliant screen time he gets.

Brenda, I had the same idea going in: Jack's Joker is unbeatable. Not any longer. Ledger has set the bar much higher as a dramatic role truly capturing the crazed individual the Joker is. Never thought I'd see anyone top a Nicholson role like this.

All in all: brilliant, dark, incredibly well acted, dark, tight script, dark, a tad overlong (cut it to 2:15 imho), dark, brilliant, dark....

southern81
07-19-2008, 08:50 PM
saw it friday i say an easy 9 out of ten. only way it could not bet a 10 is that they killed a good villian at the end Ledger's Joker was great and Eackhart's Two face was bad ass i think both should get an oscar for their roles

tssexychanel
07-19-2008, 09:12 PM

Believe it if you like sick, twisted and demented which just so happen to excite me. Its a must see.

unctrld1
07-20-2008, 02:23 AM

Ledger's best performance ever, too bad its his last.

Bayle outdid himself.

Anthony Michael Hall set up Riddler for part 3 nicely in the background.

Nothing I disliked about it at all, just wish Ledger was around to reprise Joker. Length felt shorter then its 2 hour 26 minute running time for me.

No after credits stuff so when they roll just go.

Anthony Michael Hall as the Riddler???? I missed that part. Tell us why you think he's playing the Riddler.

saifan
07-21-2008, 03:39 AM
So I finally saw this. I know it just came out but I swear I felt like the rest of the country was in on something that I wasn't. Pretty amazing. I think I need to see it again as there was a lot to take in. The Joker part was so well written and Ledger took it in a great direction. Can't imagine they could ever recast that role, or that any other actor would want to step into his shoes.

saifan
07-21-2008, 03:53 AM
Odd question but was Ledger's work better than "There Will Be Blood"'s lead, Daniel Day-Lewis? Or even his work in "Gangs of NY" where bascially if you remove that actor and his performance, you deflate the movie completely?

I wouldn't go that far, but Ledger def' owns that role.

gunn
07-21-2008, 04:42 AM
Yha i saw it and that Joker was fucked-up.That was the most trouble i ever saw a JOKER make,they even had to call in the NATIONAL GUARD.My question is who will play the JOKER in the next part?If there is a next part.

trannybanger
07-21-2008, 05:02 AM
I concur with most on here.... awesome film, and Ledger was stellar.

TomSelis
07-21-2008, 02:33 PM
Not really too much to add. I think Ledger's was the most realistic Joker role to date.

My question to you guys that keep saying it was too long. What could've made the cutting room floor?

ptyseminole
07-21-2008, 06:29 PM
9 out of a 10. Excellent movie, Ledger's performance is out of this world, hand him the Oscar right now.

theeeguy
07-21-2008, 08:17 PM
Heath didn't act out the joker, he WAS the joker.

i was very sceptical when i heard he was cast as the villian as were many others, but wow, what a performance. psycologically thrilling and dark humor at the same time.

such a shame he passed away and i wasn't even a fan of his until i saw this movie.

BBaggins06
07-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Overly Long? It's like somebody docking Jennifer Paris a few points because she's overly long. ;)

There was not a single scene that I thought should be cut. Easily the best movie of the year, far better than Iron Man. I'll probably go see it again, this time on an IMAX screen. Chicago never looked better on the big screen as a bonus. I almost want to go rent a Lamborghini and race down Lake Street. :-D