PDA

View Full Version : pics of my ride on my quad this last weekend

smoof
07-15-2008, 06:09 AM
i was rideing my quad on my uncles ranch and i decided to ride on out to our beach house. he owns about 100 acres out there and it is very remote. basically the nearest prople are about 20-30 or so miles away down the coast and all the hills behind it is all wilderness. there is a state dirt road that goes over a lot of it that is mostly all grown over with nobody on it so you can have fun rideing out there anyways here are a few

this one is at our gate headed down looking tords the beach and as you can see it is very foggy

smoof
07-15-2008, 06:11 AM
since i cant figure out how to get more have to go one at a time

well here is another dropping down onto the beach

SarahG
07-15-2008, 06:12 AM
Wow, that's an amazing view.

smoof
07-15-2008, 06:12 AM
another of my ugly mug

smoof
07-15-2008, 06:13 AM
another down on the beach

smoof
07-15-2008, 06:14 AM
another of the cabin

smoof
07-15-2008, 06:16 AM
and another

smoof
07-15-2008, 06:17 AM
another looking back into the hills

smoof
07-15-2008, 06:19 AM
another from me leaving back over the hill after the fog burnd off a bit

smoof
07-15-2008, 06:20 AM
and the last one since i am to lazy to edit more of em and post em but this one shows ya how smokey it is here in cali as well

smoof
07-15-2008, 06:23 AM
haha as you can see it was a crappy day out there it was hot just over the hill then as i droped down on the beach it got very cold........ ohhh well somtimes it is nice and sunny and other times it is foggy and cold just typical weather in northern cali

SarahG
07-15-2008, 06:37 AM
haha as you can see it was a crappy day out there it was hot just over the hill then as i droped down on the beach it got very cold........ ohhh well somtimes it is nice and sunny and other times it is foggy and cold just typical weather in northern cali

With property like that, why not live out there by the shore?

Really nice looking place.

Meh, cloudy is better, I burn up if the sun can see me.

cam22001
07-15-2008, 06:45 AM
Thanks for the post and your wonderful photos. A bit of fresh air from the judgemental/fault finding posts that I've been seeing here recently.

Perhaps a couple of pics when sunny or during autumn.

From what BigGuy told me (and seems it works) you browse and attach the pic but before submitting you browse and attach second, third, etc. then Submit when all done.

smoof
07-15-2008, 06:54 AM
well there is no power out there and it would cost ALOT to get it out there. it takes about an hr just to get back to my familys cabin from out there rideing my quad and i ride like a maniac. from our cabin which is still way out in the country takes about an hr and a half to get back to "town" like were you can actually buy groceries and the whatnot. we do have running water from a spring back in the hill but no hot water :)

it is a nice place to spend a weekend but to stay there all the time......... just does not suit well. i have taken a few of my old GFs out there and they loved it cuz of the seclution and our own private beach. it is just a place to visit some time

Solitary Brother
07-15-2008, 06:57 AM
Beautiful pictures.

Justawannabe
07-15-2008, 07:01 AM
Wow... great looking place... (and don't sell yourself short, your got a decent mug).

Hope your in the will... way cities spread that place will be a suburb of something in no time...=)

Sean

bat1
07-15-2008, 07:11 PM
Thanks for sharing;)

would love to jog on that beach

hwbs
07-15-2008, 07:26 PM
nice pics....thanks 4 sharing !!!!

xrey
07-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the pics smoof. A beautiful part of the CA coast. What is amazing is the isolation. How close is the nearest neighbor (if any)? Are you up near the Oregon border?

I noticed the ocean was very calm. Ever get surf there?

smoof
07-16-2008, 05:47 AM
well for some reason the ocean was really calm that day but usually it has some pretty good waves. as to our nearest neibors......... dont really have any it is on what is called around here the lost coast it is pretty remote and the terrain is pretty nasty. all around the property is wilderness that is owned by the government just my family got that property a long time ago. there is a hiking trial that goes thru our property and we get hickers from time to time that go by but mostly there is nobody around. it is about 100 or so miles south of oregon.

it is a pretty fun ride out there just wish the weather was nicer that day but somtimes that fog just rolls in and does not go away. been haveing some crappy weather here latly but this weekend is suposed to be good i might head out there again and go out there again this weekend for another round out there.

you can google "californa lost coast" and you can see better pictures if you want i did not stay out there and take alot of pictures i was just out rideing my quad and haveing fun. haha not a professional pic taking guy as well

NjTranceAddict
07-17-2008, 09:17 PM
well there is no power out there and it would cost ALOT to get it out there.

Howbout solar panels on the roof and a battery storage system inside? You'd have electricity AND hot water that way. :wink:

Really cool place too...I'd love to get away for a month out there.

Undone
07-18-2008, 02:04 AM
nice pics, If only I had scenery like that where I ride

SarahG
07-18-2008, 03:43 AM
well there is no power out there and it would cost ALOT to get it out there.

Howbout solar panels on the roof and a battery storage system inside? You'd have electricity AND hot water that way. :wink:

Really cool place too...I'd love to get away for a month out there.

Then set up a dish and have an isp connection, and tv as well.

smoof
07-18-2008, 05:15 AM
here are a few others wish i rode down the beach farther there are some pretty areas farther down the beach and took more pictures, but i was only out there for about 15 min or so befor i headed back over the hill. lets see if i can figure out how to put more then just one on here

the last one is looking off the front porch of the cabin

cam22001
07-18-2008, 06:00 AM
Great pics! Don't listen to the guys about getting TV or int connection. Do WITHOUT them while in your retreat*G* Enjoy.

Wider angle shots?