PDA

View Full Version : I would love to see you all on Secondlife

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-11-2008, 09:30 PM
I really would. I would love to see you ladies roaming around on your islands with some of these men on here you adore (or loathe) actually doing things with them (or to them). It would be interesting to watch all of these guys who barely ever see a true transgendered female suddenly interacting with them on a daily basis, buying them clothes, cars, homes, etc. for their satisfaction. It would be comical to watch a few women on here compete nightly for linden currency via their own clubs and the events they're promoting on a particular night.

I know the losers and non pc literate (mainly their pc's suck ass equipment wise so they'll downplay secondlife by saying it sucks so they dont feel left out) will say oh Johnny secondlife is boring or it's too expensive but do you, haters always find a reason to hate.

Still it would be veryyyyyyyy interesting to watch some of you parade around on it day to day.

Caff_Racer
07-12-2008, 12:43 AM
I must be a "loser" or "non PC-literate" because I have never even heard of Second Life. What is it?

Overlord Abomination
07-12-2008, 01:04 AM
Is it another harry potter world for computer nerds to retreat to, Tribek?

Caff_Racer
07-12-2008, 01:22 AM
So I've just googled it and it actually seems pretty interesting; I'll have to explore it further...

hondarobot
07-12-2008, 01:42 AM
It would be like a dysfunctional Sesame Street, but Bert and Ernie would move off the virtual block eventually because none of us would show up for their garden parties.

Not that there is anything wrong with garden parties. . . Or so I'm told. . .

TS DANIELLE FOXXX
07-12-2008, 03:36 AM
Noooo way, I tried it and I kept running into walls, lakes and I just couldn't stand running into people with tails or someone getting wiped in the middle of the street.

BrendaQG
07-12-2008, 03:47 AM
does second life work with Mac or Linux? Because the only windows I have available is Vista which sucks ass on practically any computer on the market. I refuse to use it unless it's necessary.

hondarobot
07-12-2008, 04:03 AM
Second Life is just goofy. I was in for two days, and it's just odd. There's really nothing to do there. I think I still have a half constructed house somewhere, but then I realized "this is really stupid".

:lol:

marissaazts
07-12-2008, 04:18 AM
my sig other has 2 business on 2L and owns and rents land
she loves it and makes her $$ on it

i find it silly people pay real $$ for pretend clothes, homes, sex ........ i prefer wow

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-12-2008, 06:22 AM
try giving it another shot to those of you willing but not satisfied at 1st, it takes a few hours to get the movements and camera angles down but once you have it, you're good

to those of you that simply wanted to reply and say "oh it sucks it sucks it sucks"? Hi Haters

p.s. the tranny clubs with chicks walking around with 20" cocks is hilarious, the guys flock to them and the bedrooms are quite comical to watch when full

DJ_Asia
07-12-2008, 06:26 AM
Noooo way, I tried it and I kept running into walls, lakes and I just couldn't stand running into people with tails or someone getting wiped in the middle of the street.

Holy SHIT!!! Danielle and I actually agree on something...the temperture in Hell is dropping!

Castor_Troy05
07-12-2008, 06:53 AM
does second life work with Mac or Linux? Because the only windows I have available is Vista which sucks ass on practically any computer on the market. I refuse to use it unless it's necessary.

Wrong, wrong. wrong. If you hae a pc with 1GiB ram or more, then Vista runs just fine.. People that usually complain about it have old old pc's usually pentium 4's with 512MiB ram, or they get an underpowered laptop that has the wrong version. Most desktop PC's these days should have about 2GiB minimum so I can't see where the claim that it sucks ass on every computer on the market comes from. Vista Ultimate runs fine for me cos I actually understand that as time progresses hardware evolves as does the OS. Runs better for me on my pc than OSX does.

Oh n I agree with Danielle, 2nd Life control sucks, i ended up flying into walls n shit

bulldog
07-12-2008, 10:30 AM
Been on SL for a few months now, i love it and am on it damn near every night, lol. Still hesitating to upgrade to a premium account, but will have to, to own land. lol Johnny, you as smooth on SL as in RL?

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-12-2008, 12:21 PM
Been on SL for a few months now, i love it and am on it damn near every night, lol. Still hesitating to upgrade to a premium account, but will have to, to own land. lol Johnny, you as smooth on SL as in RL?

Smoother

wait a while to buy land, prices are going down as SL adds more servers (thus more space)

Alyssa87
07-12-2008, 02:58 PM
how many linden dollars to THE dollar?

Alyssa87
07-12-2008, 03:02 PM
http://current.com/items/76363682_second_life_world

*just watched this pod on second life lastnite. im thinking about ithttp://l.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/mesg/emoticons7/30.gif

hondarobot
07-12-2008, 04:10 PM
I'm actually starting to find this idea interesting. I'm at work right now, so if anyone has any ideas about a Second Life community, I'll be online for awhile and would be interested in reading them.

BrendaQG
07-12-2008, 04:22 PM

Wrong, wrong. wrong. If you hae a pc with 1GiB ram or more, then Vista runs just fine.. People that usually complain about it have old old pc's usually pentium 4's with 512MiB ram, or they get an underpowered laptop that has the wrong version. Most desktop PC's these days should have about 2GiB minimum so I can't see where the claim that it sucks ass on every computer on the market comes from. Vista Ultimate runs fine for me cos I actually understand that as time progresses hardware evolves as does the OS. Runs better for me on my pc than OSX does.

Oh n I agree with Danielle, 2nd Life control sucks, i ended up flying into walls n shit

I have a HP TX 1320us less than a year old. With 4GB of ram. If I run Vista with the Aero Glass UI then I can't run another graphics intensive application (such as Medieval II total war). I can't run it without graphics corruption. If I try to run the windows version of Mathematica with Vista Aero Glass and my Mathematica mark score goes down about 10%. On Linux Kde4+Compiz no such problems. I tried putting Vista on my parent's mac and it ran like molases in January.

Aside from my own experience is the fact that MS is releasing an updated XP in 09 rather than a Vista sp2. For any less of a company the Vista fiascoe woud be the end of them. When will people learn that OS choice is a good thing. :?

Castor_Troy05
07-12-2008, 06:30 PM
snip
I have a HP TX 1320us less than a year old. With 4GB of ram. If I run Vista with the Aero Glass UI then I can't run another graphics intensive application (such as Medieval II total war). I can't run it without graphics corruption. If I try to run the windows version of Mathematica with Vista Aero Glass and my Mathematica mark score goes down about 10%. On Linux Kde4+Compiz no such problems. I tried putting Vista on my parent's mac and it ran like molases in January.

Aside from my own experience is the fact that MS is releasing an updated XP in 09 rather than a Vista sp2. For any less of a company the Vista fiascoe woud be the end of them. When will people learn that OS choice is a good thing. :?

Ugh again more utter nonsense. The propblems you are having with graphical corruption are more than likely driver issues for the gpu in the laptop. It's a GeForce 6150 Go. Not exactly a great card, but also not one that HP nor nvidia seem to support to well in windows. Also, when you run a full screen game, DWM switches off. As it's an intergrated chipset it does share system resources. Regarding KDE and compiz with it then I am not surprized as compiz does run very efficiently and has very few visible effects as default. No transparency on toolbars, and I believe the project as a whole is far more mature than the desktop window manager. However they are also both very different composition managers. As DWM is fully 3D accelerated via DX9 hardware, compiz is both 2d and 3d therefore it can run better on older hardware.

The latter nonsense about the next version of windows being based on XP is laughable, just google Windows 7. and marvel as the M1 release looks identical to Vista at the moment. The misinformation and nonsensical bashing of Vista is old now. It works a shit load better at many things, people just jumped on the bashing bandwagon. I have ubuntu, vista and Os X all installed on my pc. I spend 95% of the time in Vista as it does what i want it to do, when I want it to.

I'm no MS zealot, it's just irritating when people spread supposed facts, or rehashed opinions off as fact. It's nothing personal so don't take it as such.

marissaazts
07-12-2008, 07:19 PM
my sigother said its about 265 lindens per real dollar

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Castor I owe you a drink, lol

Look Secondlife is actually GRAPHICS INTENSIVE

You can run whatever operating system you want but if you have a crappy video card then it's going to lag and look like crap, which is why alot of people have issues with secondlife, get upset when they walk into walls, etc. and then delete it from their pc,their videocards cant keep up.

I'm not trying to insult anyone I'm just saying, you cant play this game with anything less than 256mb of ram onboard your videocard

Brenda I'm only on SL on my macbookpro 17" and it runs fine, as a matter of fact I prefer SL on my OSX rather than windows because it runs much smoother.

The onboard community is a very interesting one indeed. Having been on a chat program prior to my time on HA and seeing many of those people I associated myself with there now on SL is hilarious.

1st off EVERYONE makes themselves look like a fucking runway model on SL. All you guys that sit up here and wonder what the perfect TS would look like? Come onto SL, you can see WHATEVER FEMALE CELEB you want with an Xcite penis strapped on, it is wild.

You can also get custom made avatars, so say Mimi or Heavenly wanted to come on the game and look EXACTLY like they do in real life (RL) it's no problem.

But for many of you guys out there that are fat, out of shape, etc you fuckers can log on and within 20 mins resemble Brad Pitt, Tyson Beckford, etc. and be smothered by women's attention.

The ratio of women to men (not even including TS) on secondlife is 9:1.

And Honda, they have a community going, all we need to do is jump in, but it's nothing to make your own little HA community on there, good promo for the site, hehe.

hondarobot
07-12-2008, 08:49 PM
I'm going to check into it after work. I was on back when there wasn't much content yet and it was a whole lot of just flying around empty spaces. The making money in-game is interesting. I've got access to two clubs full of hot strippers, and a "Ugly Coyote" type sports bar (where the hotties dance on the bar and spill drinks on themselves and whatever). If people are paying Lindens to cyber with avatars, they would probably pay more if actual cute girls were running them.

We may have to talk further about this, interesting potential.

bulldog
07-12-2008, 09:20 PM
Agreed Johnny, start a group and then a club, oh god lol, that would be fricken awsome :P

fhsjazztrumpet2
07-12-2008, 09:45 PM
I have SL on a Vista pre SP1 Dell XPS 720. Believe me, the hardware makes all the difference. Aero Glass is off. Other Vista services that aren't needed are off. I boot onto my 2gigs of 1066 MHz DDR2 RAM with 29%, with all utilities and Vista. The 3.0 GHz Core 2 Duo and the 768 meg GeForce 8800GTX card in this machine run SL just fine, once you get into the game and everything buffers and caches and everything else.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-12-2008, 09:57 PM
I'll be happy to start a group, as far as a club, there's several already.

hondarobot
07-13-2008, 01:26 AM
OK then, new account is open. My SL name is Honda Sorbet (yah, I hate the last name choices so I just went with the closest to Robot). I definitely need a graphics card upgrade, I might do that tonight since I've been putting that off for awhile now.

The game seems a lot more fleshed out at this point, and I have to spend forever customizing my avatar, but I am in.

bulldog
07-13-2008, 08:26 AM
Sl name is Benjamin Fiszgold, hit me up and address me as bulldog and i will know where you are from ;)

hondarobot
07-13-2008, 05:29 PM
I'll probably be checking things out more later this week (or earlier next week, depending on how you look at it). I am interested in the Linden economy. I'm amazed people actually spend real world money on things like virtual land, and I'm curious as to how often this actually happens.

BrendaQG
07-13-2008, 05:55 PM
Well I'll take a look at it. See how my comp handle's it.

Edited to add. Oh yes I see it's available for Linux as well. It's a beta version but that would scare people who use Linux. :-)