PDA

View Full Version : An 18-course banquet served at G8 food shortage summit...

chefmike
07-09-2008, 03:28 AM
SMDH...nice menu, though...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1032909/Summit-thats-hard-swallow--world-leaders-enjoy-18-course-banquet-discuss-solve-global-food-crisis.html

Alyssa87
07-09-2008, 03:37 AM
and how appropriate is it that you- CHEFmike post this.

ah hahaha

chefmike
07-09-2008, 03:50 AM

ah hahaha

Are you surprised, Alyssa? All kidding aside, as much as I live and love food, the story really pissed me off...who was that royal french cunt that said "let them eat cake"...it was Marie somebody, right? :wink:

Alyssa87
07-09-2008, 04:00 AM
yea, Marie Callenders.lmao :p

chefmike
07-09-2008, 04:03 AM
yea, Marie Callenders.lmao :p

LMFAO...drum roll, please...

Alyssa87
07-09-2008, 04:06 AM
u kno, im a big foodie myself. and a pretty good cook.
<------ refer to gut.

so i gotta ask, what do u think about my girl paula deen
-the butter queen?

chefmike
07-09-2008, 04:34 AM
u kno, im a big foodie myself. and a pretty good cook.
<------ refer to gut.

so i gotta ask, what do u think about my girl paula deen
-the butter queen?I rarely tune in to the food channel lately, Alyssa, but as far as old school southern cooking goes Paula is authentic...although being born and raised in the south, I'd put my family recipes up against hers anyday...and before you ask I'm not posting any recipes tonight, I wanna play some hold 'em before I get sleepy...

Anyway, if you want to read an incredible cookbook by the undisputed queen of southern cooking, check out Camille Glenn...great anecdotes, vintage pictures, and great authentic southern recipes...she's the Julia Child of southern cuisine...

http://www.amazon.com/Heritage-Southern-Cooking-Including-Specialties/dp/1579127282/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1215569769&sr=1-1

Legend
07-09-2008, 04:50 AM
That is really freakin laughable and disgusting at the same time.

johnb
07-09-2008, 04:57 AM
it will all be solved by a tax cut

GroobySteven
07-09-2008, 05:06 AM
Looks a great menu!

It's not un-common for Japanese menu's to run into this size, it's usually bite sized pieces with a lot of work and theory going into the taste.

I have a lesser problem with this, than corporations taking over the foodchain/supply.

Paladin
07-09-2008, 06:10 AM

ah hahaha

Are you surprised, Alyssa? All kidding aside, as much as I live and love food, the story really pissed me off...who was that royal french cunt that said "let them eat cake"...it was Marie somebody, right? :wink:

It was Marie Antionette - Louis XVI's wife and she didn't last long after that (neither did he).

chefmike
07-09-2008, 06:12 AM

ah hahaha

It was Marie Antionette - Louis XVI's wife and she didn't last long after that (neither did he).

Off with their heads!