PDA

View Full Version : Revenge, do you have to have it?

Legend
07-08-2008, 10:33 PM
Are you the type of person who will let things slide or are you the type of person who says fuck it "an eye for a freakin eye".

hondarobot
07-08-2008, 10:40 PM
It leaves everyone blind. Cliche, but true.

Dinand
07-08-2008, 10:41 PM
Vengeance Is Mine, Sayeth The Lord

Realgirls4me
07-08-2008, 10:48 PM
I'm very -- VERY -- vindictive against those hypocritical, stupid morons among us who inject themselves in spats they know nothing about, or later compound things by taking bigoted shots at another.

I let most things go, but anything like the aforementioned, I'm likely to go for the jugular. There are lines I simply will not allow another to cross. We all have those lines.

Sound like anyone you know, Legend?

Legend
07-08-2008, 11:44 PM

That is so true!

Wino the SuperHero
07-09-2008, 06:32 AM
It depends sometimes Karma steps in and takes care of the situation and or the person.

Fox
07-09-2008, 06:35 AM
It depends on the situation. You kill my father and rape my sister and I'm going to become a calculating and ruthless mofo. I'd make sure the collateral damage is as minute as possible though.

JANIRA
07-09-2008, 06:36 AM
Im someone who will let is slide ........but i wont ever forget!!! Ill let that persons Karma take care of it all.

qeuqheeg222
07-09-2008, 06:41 AM
karma can really be a bitch for some types of activities...however i'm kind of a revenge person...i've been robbed a few too many times...once when my bike got stolen in new orleans,me and my old ts girlfriend tracked down the crack head who had broken into my house to rip it off...well he gave it back as soon as i jumped out of the car with my machete,shouting"give up the bike or I'm gonna hack off your fuckin hands!!!!

Realgirls4me
07-09-2008, 07:44 AM

That is so true!

... Hmmmmm? I wonder if the following image will stir anything, and therefore, possibly reveal something about a particular person posting in this thread? Ya think?

Hmmmmm?

Willie Escalade
07-09-2008, 08:37 AM
This album cover answers the question. :twisted:

SarahG
07-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Are you the type of person who will let things slide or are you the type of person who says fuck it "an eye for a freakin eye".

"The Romans never allowed a trouble spot to remain simply to avoid going to war over it, because they knew that wars don't just go away, they are only postponed to someone else's advantage."

If you allow someone to get away with wronging you, they'll just be more inclined to do it again in the future. But an eye for an eye implies all you have to do is inflict comparable discomfort, which is a fallacy.

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared."

Thus eye for an eye isn't good enough, you have to target the person who wronged you, their friends, their family, and everything they care about to ensure there is nothing left that will allow them the possibility of perpetuating the banter with an escalation. And if you're lucky, people will take notice of the example and be less inclined to make similar transgressions.

"The aim of Punishment is not a revenge, but terror."

5 pts to whoever can pin point the three quotes without googling them.

Alyssa87
07-11-2008, 09:22 AM
PAY IT!

lol seriously, i let everything slide. i'm kind of a pushover when i think about it.

i tend to cut people off after they've done something wrong to me. is that a form of revenge?

Thatiger23
07-11-2008, 10:52 AM
I will let some things slide but it really depends on what a person does and who they do it too

Thatiger23
07-11-2008, 10:53 AM
PAY IT!

lol seriously, i let everything slide. i'm kind of a pushover when i think about it.

i tend to cut people off after they've done something wrong to me. is that a form of revenge?

i wouldnt say cutting someone off for womething wrong they did to you as revenge..I would call it keeping a good group of people around you....

62des
07-11-2008, 05:27 PM
PAY IT!

I cut people off too. But I had a cousin that stole something from me and next time I went to his house I was gonna let em taste my fists but I didn't want to look stupid in front of my aunt and its her kindness that saved his ass whooping. So I just cut him off. Seen him 3 times now and haven't said a word to him. He stole 3 times and I just let it slide so I figured I was nice enough not to rip him apart despite the huge size advantage I have over him. But on the other hand if you physically try to hurt me or anyone I love I will get revenge.

redtiger
07-11-2008, 11:46 PM
It depends on the situation. You kill my father and rape my sister and I'm going to become a calculating and ruthless mofo. I'd make sure the collateral damage is as minute as possible though.

I agree with Fox. If anyone did anything to a member of my family, they'd better hope the police find them first.

dimichi.gunn
07-12-2008, 12:08 PM
this once just this once i am vengeful
my ex will find this out soon enough

Skwisgarr Skwigelf
07-21-2008, 08:07 AM
If you think about it life really is too short to go after revenge just enjoy the time you have and eventually the person who has spited you will die.