PDA

View Full Version : Deathnote

Skwisgarr Skwigelf
07-03-2008, 09:30 AM
It has come up on two or three threads I've come across but no one (yo my knowledge) has created a thread to discuss what I view to be the greatest manga and anime series that has ever run DEATHNOTE.

Perverted Monk
07-03-2008, 09:53 AM
I put Deathnote and Monster as the best that I've seen

Skwisgarr Skwigelf
07-08-2008, 11:31 PM
What is monster about? I'm currently looking for a new series to start reading.

sexieg6
07-10-2008, 11:18 AM
What is monster about? I'm currently looking for a new series to start reading.scryed,or go to this site movie6.net or animethat.com
movie6 at top has a anime site

xShalicex
07-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Good manga, good show, but hated the english dub. Light isn't supposed to sound all winy! He sounded so much less in control of everything in the english dub compared to the japenese originally. It put me off from watching the whole series in the english dub (though I had originally watched it as it aired in jp).

Skwisgarr Skwigelf
07-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Good manga, good show, but hated the english dub. Light isn't supposed to sound all winy! He sounded so much less in control of everything in the english dub compared to the japenese originally. It put me off from watching the whole series in the english dub (though I had originally watched it as it aired in jp).

I find that the English dubs for almost every anime get messed up either in the actors tone or the pronunciation of series specific words

Legend
07-12-2008, 08:27 AM

I find that the English dubs for almost every anime get messed up either in the actors tone or the pronunciation of series specific words

Or they replace major words like "drunken fist" with "loopy fist" for fear of kids getting drunk .

manbearpig
07-13-2008, 12:11 AM
I watched the first episode of the anime and lost interest but I've heard good things. Maybe I'll check it out when I finally finish Darker Than BLACK.