PDA

View Full Version : MEAT or VEGGIES?

Lick UR Lovely
07-03-2008, 05:48 AM
Just wondering how many of you are vegetarians? I love a big medium rare steak about twice a month! :D

saifan
07-03-2008, 05:50 AM
Meat!

Skwisgarr Skwigelf
07-03-2008, 05:59 AM
I would morally like to be a vegetarian but enjoy steak far too much. So meat

sexyshana
07-03-2008, 06:15 AM
ALL MEAT... NO POTATOES!!!

MrsKellyPierce
07-03-2008, 06:16 AM
All Meat but love potatoes lol

foolish99
07-03-2008, 06:17 AM
pork chops and apple sauce

sexyshana
07-03-2008, 06:31 AM
Im sorry im confused... are we actually talking about food? if so then neither.

foolish99
07-03-2008, 06:32 AM
shana -- does having a finger count as meat?

sexyshana
07-03-2008, 06:34 AM
of course not darling... thats dessert

Herkyalert
07-03-2008, 08:49 AM
Food in general please.

Skwisgarr Skwigelf
07-03-2008, 09:09 AM
I assume he are talking about actual food otherwise what is vegetables a metaphor for (I already figured out meat :) )

justatransgirl
07-03-2008, 09:21 AM

Justawannabe
07-03-2008, 09:55 AM
Meat eater on the food front....

I guess wrong too often about when veggies go bad...

on the other front I guess I need a better definition of what veggies is standing in for.

Sean

tsmandy
07-03-2008, 08:28 PM
I became a vegatarian when I was 13 years old, vegan when I was 17. When I was 22 I ended up stuck in Charlotte NC after a hitchiking ride broke down. I was so hungry, all I wanted was a pizza. Still vegetarian though, until a couple years ago in Texas my friends forced me to eat bacon and catfish (mm....) so for a while I was vegetarian except for bacon. But other than that year long dive into meat madness, I've been a vegetarian for the last 14 years.

62des
07-03-2008, 08:35 PM
The body needs meat . Steak potatoes veggies, all of it and anything to make my muscles grow. Protein! We are made to eat meat AND plants.

dgtlmstry
07-03-2008, 08:48 PM
It was only a matter of time before someone came on here and told us what we NEED. Vegetarian here. Doing just fine without meat thank you very much.

hondarobot
07-03-2008, 08:56 PM
I love meat, I think the most exotic I've had so far was either beef heart (terrible) or goat (good). The worst tasting thing I ever attempted to eat was (no joke) lettuce. I spit it out. Peppers, tomatoes, stuff like that I like, but the weird green things, no thank you.

tsmandy
The body needs meat . Steak potatoes veggies, all of it and anything to make my muscles grow. Protein! We are made to eat meat AND plants.

I respect your right to express religious beliefs as statements of empirical fact, but I must disagree. I do not believe I was made.

horst1
vegetarian when i travel or am at work for convenience sake, otherwise vegan

Wino the SuperHero
07-03-2008, 08:58 PM
I cut back on the meat. i want to become a vegan. I can go without eating meat for 2 weeks. It actually healthier to eat little to no meat. My weakness is steak or a great burger.

62des
07-03-2008, 10:46 PM

I respect your right to express religious beliefs as statements of empirical fact, but I must disagree. I do not believe I was made.

what!? doesnt even make since. wether u believe in god or not it wasnt meant to refer to anything religous so how did u come up with that out of a simple comment. we were still MADE otherwise we wouldnt exist.

pnwguy24
07-03-2008, 11:32 PM
13 year vegan here

tsmandy
07-03-2008, 11:45 PM

what!? doesnt even make since. wether u believe in god or not it wasnt meant to refer to anything religous so how did u come up with that out of a simple comment. we were still MADE otherwise we wouldnt exist.

To be made implies intent of some sort, especially within the context of saying we were made to eat meat. I believe that human beings evolved on a diet that was comprised of the food available, at times it was meat and at times it was vegetarian (depending on climactic and regional variations). Interestingly enough, when people use this argument against vegetarians they never use it to criticize other parts of modern life that are contrary to (either) religious beliefs or evolution. For instance, for the first 95% of human history societies were comprised of mostly egalitarian hunter-gatherer societies, and only within the last 5,000 years have we seen the rise of class- societies, and governments. Yet I have yet to hear someone who tells me vegetarianism is un-natural also demand the immediate cessation of government, capitalism, auto-mobiles, plumbing, reading, computers etc....

I'm not opposed to the eating of animals per se, I'm opposed to factory farming and cities of tortured animals that rival New York in terms of population density. If I was unable to access all of my dietary needs through vegetables, I would learn to hunt, or buy from someone who hunts.

my two cents.

pnwguy24
07-03-2008, 11:48 PM

To be made implies intent of some sort, especially within the context of saying we were made to eat meat. I believe that human beings evolved on a diet that was comprised of the food available, at times it was meat and at times it was vegetarian (depending on climactic and regional variations). Interestingly enough, when people use this argument against vegetarians they never use it to criticize other parts of modern life that are contrary to (either) religious beliefs or evolution. For instance, for the first 95% of human history societies were comprised of mostly egalitarian hunter-gatherer societies, and only within the last 5,000 years have we seen the rise of class- societies, and governments. Yet I have yet to hear someone who tells me vegetarianism is un-natural also demand the immediate cessation of government, capitalism, auto-mobiles, plumbing, reading, computers etc....

I'm not opposed to the eating of animals per se, I'm opposed to factory farming and cities of tortured animals that rival New York in terms of population density. If I was unable to access all of my dietary needs through vegetables, I would learn to hunt, or buy from someone who hunts.

my two cents.

i think im in love <3 you nailed it right on the head.

hondarobot
07-03-2008, 11:59 PM
I agree with Mandy, but I still eat meat anyways. It's absolutely bad to harvest living things for food. No debate there. I will continue to eat meat and deal with the punishment in the "after life".

If the cows, pigs, chickens and whatever have a problem with that, they should have evolved better. Given the chance, I'm sure they would eat me.

:lol:

Overlord Abomination
07-04-2008, 01:37 AM
I dont eat meat as much thats prob why im dyin

Ben
07-04-2008, 01:51 AM
I disagree with Jessica Sexy Simpson -- pic below. But then again one wonders if she's talking about actually eating meat or fellatio. In which case, well, we all LOVE fellatio, don't we??? :)

marissaazts
07-04-2008, 02:18 AM
mmmmm meat
pork fat does indeed rule

i dont allow vegans in my home
beside we prob. would disagree on almost eveything else anyhow

darkko
07-04-2008, 02:47 AM
hmmm I will eat my fruits and veggies

audioguy
07-04-2008, 04:02 AM
I've been vegan for 12 years. It wasn't all that easy on the East Coast, but there are TONS of good places in Los Angeles that are vegan-friendly and/or completely vegan.

I have been known to put a piece of meat in my mouth if it's attached to someone I like, though. ;)

tsmandy
07-04-2008, 05:03 AM
I've been vegan for 12 years. It wasn't all that easy on the East Coast, but there are TONS of good places in Los Angeles that are vegan-friendly and/or completely vegan.

I have been known to put a piece of meat in my mouth if it's attached to someone I like, though. ;)

It's actually one of the reasons I hate going on tour. I have to really make an effort to find places that have good, healthy vegetarian options. Not just a crappy salad, or some bizarre soy imitation of meat; I want substantive and fresh food. Fortunately my sweetie loves to cook, and so do most of my friends (even the meat eaters cook good food for me), so I eat really well at home.

When I was vegan and used to travel a whole lot more, I thought I would lose my mind trying to find food at truckstops and travel plaza's that wasn't loaded with animal parts. Just being vegetarian is much better, because I can at least get a slice of pizza when all else fails.

JelenaCD
07-04-2008, 05:20 AM
Beer , Pasta, Bread , Diet of the gods ! High Energy !

audioguy
07-04-2008, 06:53 AM
I'm with you, Mandy! When I drove cross-country moving out to California it was a pretty dismal situation. There isn't really such thing as vegan road-food in Texas. I would've killed for even a Subway restaurant. Nothing like a dry salad to keep you going!

Next time I'll be more prepared for sure....

I'm not really complaining, I know it's my choice.

Jelena's right about the beer, as well. That's a staple of any good diet!!!

El Nino
07-04-2008, 07:35 AM
mmm, love Angel!!!

young4ts
07-04-2008, 08:04 AM

qeuqheeg222
07-04-2008, 08:14 AM
man i know whatcha ya mean mandy bout goin down south and divin into meat madness..when i moved to new orleans yrs ago i had been vegan or veggitarian for a few yrs or so-but that swine was in everything down south so i caved in too...now since ive succumbed to the beast my new motto is a day without swine is like a day without sunshine...you should try my pork pozole soup or coconut white bean soup with three types of pork...cajun sausages and hogshead cheese are occasional fare also....they had this great hogshead cheese place down in chalmette....................across from the refinery...........

SkyTwo
07-04-2008, 08:32 AM
Is pork shoulder a vegetable?

sexyshana
07-04-2008, 08:37 AM
eat whatever you want... just have a finger for dessert!

SkyTwo
07-04-2008, 08:48 AM
It's actually one of the reasons I hate going on tour. I have to really make an effort to find places that have good, healthy vegetarian options. Not just a crappy salad, or some bizarre soy imitation of meat; I want substantive and fresh food. Fortunately my sweetie loves to cook, and so do most of my friends (even the meat eaters cook good food for me), so I eat really well at home.

When I was vegan and used to travel a whole lot more, I thought I would lose my mind trying to find food at truckstops and travel plaza's that wasn't loaded with animal parts. Just being vegetarian is much better, because I can at least get a slice of pizza when all else fails.

Soy imitation of meat? I thought that was a prog rock band out of minneapolis.

sexyshana
07-04-2008, 08:51 AM
lol

audioguy
07-04-2008, 08:54 AM
You got it Shana... It's all about dessert!

.... And fingers.

sexyshana
07-04-2008, 09:00 AM
lol of course
have fun with it darling
indulge!!!

sexieg6
07-04-2008, 10:08 AM
(general food)meat-anything but nasty Liver its so rough.
Veggies/fruits-strawberries and Gold kiwi Harder and sweeter :D

bulldog
07-04-2008, 10:13 AM
I live in Wisconsin, we dont know the meaning of the word veggies ;)

62des
07-04-2008, 04:45 PM
I agree with Mandy, but I still eat meat anyways. It's absolutely bad to harvest living things for food. No debate there. I will continue to eat meat and deal with the punishment in the "after life".

If the cows, pigs, chickens and whatever have a problem with that, they should have evolved better. Given the chance, I'm sure they would eat me.

:lol:

I'm sure they would eat us too if they were higher on the food chain. But really i dont give a rats ass what anyone else eats i'm me.

AdaraLove
07-04-2008, 05:03 PM
NO meat for me- unless they are sausages but I just like to lick em

LibertyHarkness
07-04-2008, 07:51 PM
I like my Fruit and Veg :)

Shit was i meant to eat it .....

backpacker
02-20-2009, 11:18 PM
I turned Vegeterian freshman year of college went to school in pennsylvania. Saw a slaughter house never ate a piece of meat again. Just cheese and eggs the rest veggies and tofu meat substitues.

DL_NL
02-21-2009, 12:30 AM
I love my veg, as long as there's a nice piece of meat to go along with it.

Soy-based fake meat is really sad stuff, much like no-alcohol beer: if you call yourself a vegetarian, don't eat meat. Not even fake meat.

praetor
02-21-2009, 01:10 AM
MEAT.

celticgrafix
02-21-2009, 07:36 AM
chicken, protein, but raw vegetables is like eating zero calories

Willie Escalade
02-21-2009, 09:26 AM
Shavonna likes her vegetables. :twisted:

Ben
03-30-2011, 04:57 AM
I am trying to eat more ethically, as it were.

YouTube - Ellen is a Vegetarian (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaW3ccxLx7w)

Ben
03-30-2011, 04:59 AM
YouTube - Jenna Jameson's McCruelty Outtakes (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F4RctrfZ_rw&feature=channel_video_title)

nonnonnon
03-30-2011, 05:00 AM
my hippie parents made me be vegan until I was on my own so I never really developed a taste for it. I do like a glass of milk from time to time

Sparky Snakeden
03-30-2011, 05:06 AM
I'm vegetarian! 12 years and counting

theone1982
03-30-2011, 05:07 AM
I think Hazel Tucker is a vegetarian.:)

Ben
03-30-2011, 05:14 AM
I'm vegetarian! 12 years and counting

It's a lot healthier. I think in the future (circa 2050 maybe) everyone will become vegetarians. It'll be based on health -- and ethics.
Take, say, cigarette smoking. It has dropped dramatically. Because people are educated on its dangers.

Ben
03-30-2011, 05:19 AM
I think Hazel Tucker is a vegetarian.:)

ha! ha!
No. Hazel likes to eat meat... ha! ha!

Skunch
03-30-2011, 05:19 AM
why settle for one or the other?

theone1982
03-30-2011, 05:28 AM
ha! ha!
No. Hazel likes to eat meat... ha! ha!

I think you're right, Hazel is definitely an omnivore.:)

Ben
04-18-2011, 08:06 AM
This video shook me up. I'm vegetarian. Simply based on morality, care and concern for other animals.
I just don't think we have the right to slaughter animals for food. It's obscene.
We slaughter about 56 billion animals per year.
But if we all became vegetarians tomorrow, well, what are we gonna do with all those animals???????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QXLci3XOC8&feature=player_embedded#at=150

Ben
04-18-2011, 08:08 AM
YouTube - The Smiths "Meat is Murder" 1985 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfALBlOHmco)

theone1982
04-18-2011, 08:13 AM
This video shook me up. I'm vegetarian. Simply based on morality, care and concern for other animals.
I just don't think we have the right to slaughter animals for food. It's obscene.
We slaughter about 56 billion animals per year.
But if we all became vegetarians tomorrow, well, what are we gonna do with all those animals???????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QXLci3XOC8&feature=player_embedded#at=150

Maybe they'll evolve and enslave humans, and it will become like that horrible Planet of the Apes....wait a minute, Statue of Liberty...that was Earth! You maniacs! You blew it up! Damn you! Goddamn you all to hell!:) Sorry, I went off on a classic movie tangent there!:)

robertlouis
04-18-2011, 08:38 AM
I don't eat meat - am allergic to all poultry anyway - but do eat fish and seafood, as long as it comes from sustainable sources. Fruit and veg organic if possible, and I'll choose Fairtrade when it's available too.

And I'm perfectly fit and healthy and will be representing Scotland in the shagging competition at the Commonwealth Games.