PDA

View Full Version : The Happening --the movie --

dreamer
06-29-2008, 02:26 PM
anybody see this new M Night Shamalamadingdong movie? ----I saw it the other day ---and liked it a lot ----

NYCe
06-29-2008, 02:30 PM
Horrible movie. Just horrible.

StephanieDee
06-29-2008, 02:58 PM
just have to say that has got to be the worst film i have ever saw .
crap story
crap acting
crap directing
crap special effects
i mean why didn'
t anybody warn me this film was so bad.

hwbs
06-29-2008, 03:09 PM
this guy is the biggest scam in movies

timxxx
06-29-2008, 05:30 PM
How many bad films does that guy have to make before
they pack him off to daytime soap.

jefferson1776
06-29-2008, 08:35 PM
The Concept of The Happening itself was original and engaging. The acting and the screenplay were horrible, and detracted everything from the movie. M. Night Shaymalan has lost his screenwriting touch.

Mark Wahlbergs acting job was the worse I have ever seen as well. and I love love love Marky Mark. His best movie of course is SHOOTER, which i recommend for everyone to see.

The Happening 6/10

Nikka
06-29-2008, 08:59 PM
bad movie :(

dreamer
06-29-2008, 11:44 PM
i DISAGREE --WHEN i WALKED OUT OF THAT MOVIE THEATRE --sorry ---when I walked out of that movie theatre --I was just WAITING to see people stopped in their steps ----I dunno ---I thought it was great --thought provoking ---stop being so freakin angry ---I dunno ----

Castor_Troy05
06-30-2008, 05:54 AM
A truly terrible excuse for a movie. Like others have said, when will he stop riding on his earlier movies and try a new direction. The twist angle is played out. Wasn't too keen on the "environmentalist" bs throughout too.

Nooksack
06-30-2008, 06:28 AM
One of the worst movies that I've ver seen. Shaky premise with some decent plot-building and working up to... nothing... The movie just... ends... the "Happening" is over. I wanted my money back.

scroller
06-30-2008, 07:57 AM
i mean why didn't anybody warn me this film was so bad.

Published reviewers were pretty unanimous about it being horrible:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/10007985-happening/?critic=creamcrop

MerriCait
06-30-2008, 04:45 PM
the only good film that m.night guy has done is the 6th sence...the rest of his films all sucked, every one, i thought the village was bad...but omg, this one was the biggest waste of time ever. im not going to watch another.

ptyseminole
06-30-2008, 06:25 PM
the only good film that m.night guy has done is the 6th sence...the rest of his films all sucked, every one, i thought the village was bad...but omg, this one was the biggest waste of time ever. im not going to watch another.

I agree 100% with you!

dreamer
07-01-2008, 04:26 PM

no way --Signs was good --and The Villiage was/is one of my favorite ever ---I love that movie ----

in going to see The Happening --I kinda got on a mini M Night Shylamam kick ----I went and rented a movie I had never heard of ---UNBREAKABLE ---I dunno ---I liked it a lot as well ----Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson were the big names in it ----

MonsieurValentine
07-01-2008, 10:01 PM
awful movie. complete garbage.

chefmike
07-02-2008, 03:13 AM
I saw 'Signs' and then 'The Village' and I couldn't believe how overrated that guy is. The only way that I'll ever watch another one of that overhyped hack's flicks is if it's late night and I'm trying to fall asleep!

chefmike
07-02-2008, 03:18 AM

no way --Signs was good --and The Villiage was/is one of my favorite ever ---I love that movie ----

in going to see The Happening --I kinda got on a mini M Night Shylamam kick ----I went and rented a movie I had never heard of ---UNBREAKABLE ---I dunno ---I liked it a lot as well ----Bruce Willis and Samuel L Jackson were the big names in it ----

Maybe you should consider adjusting your meds...prescribed or otherwise...

kaiser1one
07-02-2008, 03:25 AM
One of the worst movies that I've ver seen. Shaky premise with some decent plot-building and working up to... nothing... The movie just... ends... the "Happening" is over. I wanted my money back.

Um incase you didn't see it or don't remember...

SPOILERS

The "Happening" didn't end. It happened again.

chefmike
07-02-2008, 05:18 AM
The "Happening" didn't end. It happened again.

What "happening" is that? People wasting their money on yet another of this guy's mediocre movies?

blacktgirls
07-02-2008, 07:27 AM
well,when it was advertised blah blah blah's first "r" rated movie you know it must suck!