PDA

View Full Version : Zeitgeist

dbev
06-28-2008, 03:05 AM
Dear friends from all over the world,

please watch this movie

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

and let everyone you know aware of its contents.

chefmike
06-28-2008, 03:54 AM
Be sure to put on your tinfoil hat before you watch it.

El Nino
06-28-2008, 07:21 AM
Be sure to put on your tinfoil hat before you watch it.

Give it a try dog. Most people that watch it have their foundations shaken up a little bit. But it is a powerful film and results in greater understanding of our world, in terms of religion, politics, culture and war. No tinfoil hat needed for this one.

TheLongChodeAhead
06-28-2008, 07:55 AM
I watched it and thought it was a bunch of conspiracy theory scare tactic bullshit... but that's just me being rational.... our country has been through far worse times... zeitgeist has it's head so far up it's ass it's probably tasting breakfast at noon

mimiplastique
06-28-2008, 07:55 AM
not to mention i posted this video a while back

Blackrhino42
07-16-2008, 03:42 PM
As for religion-That film grossly misrepresents facts and opinions of major reputable sources. A majority of respected scholars DO NOT have or support the findings in that film.

Oli
07-16-2008, 04:17 PM
As for religion-That film grossly misrepresents facts and opinions of major reputable sources. A majority of respected scholars DO NOT have or support the findings in that film.

Wait, so you're saying that suppositions, innuendos, half truths and misrepresentations don't lead to a true revelation about who is running the world?

the_bo
07-16-2008, 08:03 PM
you mean some one is behind all this chaos? Its the Lions club isnt it?

Blackrhino42
07-17-2008, 04:00 PM
no what I'm saying is get your information from what is considered an "academic source". no matter the position, garbage sources are still garbage. maybe if you watched the history channel or searched the library some, you would easily see that most archaeologist believe in significant evidence to support that the new testament is legitimate as was the existence of Jesus.

SarahG
07-18-2008, 03:50 AM
no what I'm saying is get your information from what is considered an "academic source". no matter the position, garbage sources are still garbage. maybe if you watched the history channel or searched the library some, you would easily see that most archaeologist believe in significant evidence to support that the new testament is legitimate as was the existence of Jesus.

I wouldn't call the history channel a reliable source...

It's entertainment first and foremost.

Blackrhino42
07-18-2008, 04:55 AM
haha way to pick the least reliable of what i saod. but actually they repeatedly use History channel documentaries is university lectures and high school lectures. come on dont shoot shit out of you ass trying to be intelligent

SarahG
07-18-2008, 05:54 AM
haha way to pick the least reliable of what i saod. but actually they repeatedly use History channel documentaries is university lectures and high school lectures. come on dont shoot shit out of you ass trying to be intelligent

High school yes, but that's not a very strong argument. Have you seen the stuff they "teach" at our public schools? :shock: See attachment (forget which site I found that one on)

I would be more willing to give the tin hat theories the benefit of the doubt if they would put some more academic effort into it.

If you're going to be talking about what temperature jet fuel burns at, the melting point of various steel alloys etc, fine- use some engineering texts to make your point across, use & cite credible sources to back up each of those facts.

Showing me skyscrapers in other countries, using vastly different architectural designs, that failed to collapse while burning without the aid of jet fuel (like Alex Jones does in some of his tin hate "documentaries") doesn't cut it. It would if the buildings were following the same architectural design, and employing the same steel formulas, but that wasn't the case. That film clip was in there just to give people a needless, purposeless visual to make false assertions Michael Moore style.

Blackrhino42
07-19-2008, 05:07 PM
doesn't matter what you would call it, only what people in the world of academia think. and its education programming not entertainment. HBO is entertainment

liam
07-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Zeitgeist is a load of nonsence, if you want a scary but realistic insight into how the world works watch Fog of War on Google Video.

http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=fog+of+war&hl=en&sitesearch=#[/url]

SarahG
07-19-2008, 08:00 PM
doesn't matter what you would call it, only what people in the world of academia think. and its education programming not entertainment. HBO is entertainment

High school isn't academia.

How often do you see "history channel shows" cited in history articles in peer edited journals?