PDA

View Full Version : George Carlin, RIP (1937 - 2008)

Odelay
06-23-2008, 07:34 AM
AP reports that he's passed away.

Here's the old "Words You Can't Use on Television" bit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTyzTJTNhNk

Realgirls4me
06-23-2008, 07:35 AM
NO FUCKIN' WAY !!!

Realgirls4me
06-23-2008, 07:37 AM
Damn ... Damn.

TomSelis
06-23-2008, 07:40 AM
No! He was a funny mutherfucker who always told the truth!

LTR_Seeker
06-23-2008, 07:42 AM
yep whether yu liked him or not he was very unique talent just another icon going on to the next life

Hostile
06-23-2008, 07:47 AM
Rest in peace.

Realgirls4me
06-23-2008, 07:49 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25322638/

xrey
06-23-2008, 07:51 AM
Wow - one of my all time favorite entertainers. His comedy and observations are timeless.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Comedian George Carlin, a counter-culture hero famed for his routines about drugs and dirty words, died of heart failure at a Los Angeles-area hospital on Sunday, a spokesman said. He was 71.

Carlin, who had a history of heart and drug-dependency problems, died at Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica about 6 p.m. PDT (9 p.m. EDT) after being admitted earlier in the afternoon for chest pains, spokesman Jeff Abraham told Reuters.

Carlin, who wrote several books and performed in many television comedy specials, is survived by his wife Sally Wade, and daughter Kelly Carlin McCall.

Ralph Lauren
06-23-2008, 07:55 AM
yep whether yu liked him or not he was very unique talent just another icon going on to the next life

actually he didn't believe in that, so the icon goes to the worms and soil.

Squareman
06-23-2008, 08:02 AM
:(

xrey
06-23-2008, 08:02 AM
The Kennedy Center announced last week that Carlin would receive the Mark Twain Award for Humor.

Felicia Katt
06-23-2008, 08:17 AM
Religion convinced the world that there's an invisible man in the sky who watches everything you do. And there's 10 things he doesn't want you to do or else you'll to to a burning place with a lake of fire until the end of eternity. But he loves you! ...And he needs money! He's all powerful, but he can't handle money!

George Carlin

I'd say rest in peace, but he never rested in life, so if there is an afterlife, he is giving them hell there too, humorously and posthumously

FK

bubbski
06-23-2008, 08:32 AM
I hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but to my untrained eye, it would appear that some mysterious force is clearing out many of the voices that could make Americans engage in JUST enough of a critical thought process that the Republicans MIGHT just be prevented from stealing another election in November....

Unless of course they just said "Fuck it, we'll just set all the Diebold machines to 80% Republican, 10% Bob Barr and 10% Democrat."..and no one noticed....

George: Your willingness to say the things that needed to be said, and show that just because you grow older doesn't mean you have to go quietly into the night will be missed.

I was so looking forward to a Carlin HBO special right around the elections to shake shit up...I guess I'll have to hope that Chris Rock will pick up that baton given tonight's news.

Anubis1079
06-23-2008, 08:34 AM
FUCK!!!! George was one of my favorite comedians of all time. His "Parental Advisory" CDs was IMHO his best. I'm am truly upset about this

Fox
06-23-2008, 08:46 AM
Damn...

Willie Escalade
06-23-2008, 08:59 AM
Shit! My day (night) was going pretty well...until I got this news. So sad...rest in peace you funny mutha fucka (and I'm being sincere). George was my second-favorite comedian (after Richard Pryor); both kept it real and told it like it was.

:cry:

santiago316
06-23-2008, 09:06 AM
Damn that sucks :cry:

GroobySteven
06-23-2008, 09:17 AM
Boooo - I'm gutted.

Justawannabe
06-23-2008, 09:20 AM
Nothing I can say would cover it... damn.... just damn...

Sean

blckhaze
06-23-2008, 09:22 AM
R.I.P.

partlycloudy
06-23-2008, 09:57 AM
:(

flabbybody
06-23-2008, 01:47 PM
'7 words you can't say on television' is one of the classic comedy routines of all time. right up there with Who's on first?

he was one of a kind

needsum
06-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Truly a loss to the entertainment world. He will be missed, even by those who he fucked with the most.

Rest in peace, you funny mutherfucker.

BrendaQG
06-23-2008, 03:16 PM
Damm. He was so funny. My favorite routine of his.

fuck the children! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niQ73ZlDxuI)

PatrickFromNYC
06-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Funny man....My favorite was " did you ever notice that the women who are anti-abortion you wouldn't want to fuck anyway"

hwbs
06-23-2008, 04:37 PM
fuckin loved that guy..... i always keep a bunch of mr carlin on my ipod when i need a laugh !!!!

Ben
06-23-2008, 09:08 PM
GEORGE CARLIN:
“The whole problem with this idea of obscenity and indecency, and all of these things - bad language and whatever - it’s all caused by one basic thing, and that is: religious superstition,” Carlin told the AP in a 2004 interview. “There’s an idea that the human body is somehow evil and bad and there are parts of it that are especially evil and bad, and we should be ashamed. Fear, guilt and shame are built into the attitude toward sex and the body. … It’s reflected in these prohibitions and these taboos that we have.”

El Nino
06-23-2008, 09:52 PM
I saw the headline on Yahoo News at like 2 in the morning last night, and for a few seconds, I was shocked and felt like a member of my own family passed away. I am not kidding. I loved and respected George Carlin. I will truly miss that S.O.B....

One of my favorites lines of his, went like this:

"They call it the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it"!

What a wise man

chefmike
06-23-2008, 10:10 PM
"Why do they lock gas station bathrooms?" he once mused. "Are they afraid someone will clean them?"

Alyssa87
06-23-2008, 11:06 PM
he was definetly my favorite. period.

never got to see him live : (

BeardedOne
06-23-2008, 11:06 PM
I've said this elsewhere:

I am sure that his last words were "Fuck this!!".

RIP, Bishop Glick.

IsuckTgirlCock
06-24-2008, 01:27 AM
good riddance, cranky old classless asshole, rest in hell you miserable racist grumpy closted gay not funny idiot

dageekindapink
06-24-2008, 01:36 AM
good riddance, cranky old classless asshole, rest in hell you miserable racist grumpy closted gay not funny idiot

figures a moron who doesnt find him funny believes in hell...

Alyssa87
06-24-2008, 01:43 AM

AND sucks tgirl cock.
...theyll be hanging out when he croaks.

dageekindapink
06-24-2008, 01:48 AM

AND sucks tgirl cock.

im guessin a balding overweight married closeted republican

El Nino
06-24-2008, 03:07 AM
HAHAHA, NICE ALyssa!!! What a a ridiculously hypocritical and ignorant remark by that retard. (No offense to retards)

Carlin had a big mind and was funny as anything

Realgirls4me
06-24-2008, 04:01 AM
A true original ... one of a kind. A true comic genius.

... (sigh) His next gig after his usual summer break was scheduled here in my fair city. Dommage. :(

Realgirls4me
06-24-2008, 04:04 AM

I suck t-girl cock, while wanking off to the comedic genius of Drew Carey, and other Republican comics and actors ...

:roll:

IsuckTgirlCock
06-24-2008, 04:32 AM

wrong about believing in hell, you small minded cretin, if you want to get intellectually slaughtered, then please keep trying to act smart. I love sending lil internet stains, pseudointellectuals, like yourself, back to grade school with a good beating. lol. believes in hell, lololol this will easy

IsuckTgirlCock
06-24-2008, 04:35 AM

AND sucks tgirl cock.

good guess, see, the carlin lowbrows are coming out, insult the pedantic comedian, and his pedantic pissants crawl out. balding? lol. nope. rich, yes, stronger than you, yes, smarter than you, yes, better looking, yes. that pretty much pwns you biatch, anything else child?

chefmike
06-24-2008, 06:42 AM

AND sucks tgirl cock.

good guess, see, the carlin lowbrows are coming out, insult the pedantic comedian, and his pedantic pissants crawl out. balding? lol. nope. rich, yes, stronger than you, yes, smarter than you, yes, better looking, yes. that pretty much pwns you biatch, anything else child?

What rock did you crawl out from under, you cock-gobbling cretin?

chefmike
06-24-2008, 06:49 AM

wrong about believing in hell, you small minded cretin, if you want to get intellectually slaughtered, then please keep trying to act smart. I love sending lil internet stains, pseudointellectuals, like yourself, back to grade school with a good beating. lol. believes in hell, lololol this will easy

LMFAO...yes, please do continue to dazzle us with your intellect and wit, zippy.

bulldog
06-24-2008, 11:16 AM
best piece i heard from him was the "People who Outta Be Killed"

Pt1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVJycBIVwaI&feature=related

Pt2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOzKErKD2qw&feature=related

I was in tears laughing so hard after i first heard this

Ben