PDA

View Full Version : Ever wonder what death will be like?

bat1
06-17-2008, 06:31 AM
Ever wonder what will happen when we leave this earth?

Is there really a heaven or hell?

We all will meet our maker soon enough!

check this out time you have left!!

http://www.deathclock.com

justatransgirl
06-17-2008, 07:39 AM

trish
06-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Death is the cessation of experience. To imagine what death is like, you have to imagine the experience of being dead; i.e. the experience of the cessation of experience. Of course there is no experience when experience has ceased. Therefore, there is nothing that death is like. You will not experience death, since you will no longer be having experiences.

TJT
06-17-2008, 08:48 AM
I've been legally dead twice. No lights,no tunnels,just nothing.

It wasn't bad and put one of my big fears to rest.

thx1138
06-17-2008, 09:32 AM
I don't mind being dead. It's the dying part that's painful.

mimiplastique
06-17-2008, 10:20 AM
2079 FOR ME YUP IM COOL
I WISH I COULD SPEED IT UP

I DON'T WANT TO EVER BE THAT OLD

Trans Mission
06-17-2008, 10:41 AM

Legally dead twice? Are you a cat?

brogin
06-17-2008, 10:44 AM
No

MacShreach
06-17-2008, 01:02 PM

Nope ( I know; see Trish)

Nope

Er, nope

No thanks.

InHouston
06-17-2008, 03:45 PM
Think of what it was like before you were born. Nothing. That is what your death will be like.

peggygee
06-17-2008, 04:16 PM

I've had my life flash before my eyes, and have died as many
times as Rasputin the Mad Monk.

Thus I now truly value life.

Tomfurbs
06-17-2008, 04:35 PM
I find the thought of death incredibly terrifying, and incredibly comforting at the same time.

I believe that when we die we just stop. Like Trish said: experience ceases.

That is scary and comforting.

fordly66
06-18-2008, 01:30 AM
I agree with Inhouston. I use that very same analogy all the time. There is no light, no darkness, sadness, or anything bad or good. No, at peace, just like it was before you were born!!!!!

hugochavez
06-18-2008, 01:49 AM
I predict death will be just like what we experienced before we were born.

Of course, whether anybody remembers what it was like before they were born, that's another story.

dbev
06-18-2008, 02:09 AM
As far as I am concerned, I hope to die as soon as possible... rapidly.... in the next 10 days or less...

It says: Monday 19 February 2029

I should be 54 years and 6 months old, too optimistic...

Alchemist
06-18-2008, 02:38 AM
Death is the cessation of experience. To imagine what death is like, you have to imagine the experience of being dead; i.e. the experience of the cessation of experience. Of course there is no experience when experience has ceased. Therefore, there is nothing that death is like. You will not experience death, since you will no longer be having experiences.

I'm going with this, and the poster who mentioned it being like before you even came into existence.

It's not so much death that scares me, but the process of dying. The transition between life and death.

TJT
06-18-2008, 08:39 AM

Nah,I'm just a moron.

Peggy I've had that life flash in front of me thing a couple of times,but it was in situations where I thought I was about to die,not when it actually happened.

The last time was when I was 20. A tire blew on my car and I went off the side of small cliff/hill. Time got real slow. I was sailing through the air upside down for what seemed like forever and it hit me I wasn't going to make it. I remember distinctly thinking "Aw shit!" and then the phenomena of my life flashing before my eyes happened.

The car righted as it landed and I walked away with nothing but a concussion and some scratches. It barely touched ground on the roof above my head and door in the spin. I remember sitting there with the dust rising up from the impact thinking "Damn!"

I've gone back to the site of the wreck a few times. From the point on top of the hill where the car left the road to the place it landed was about 75 yards in distance from where I left the road and a drop of good 75-100 feet. No wonder it seemed like I was flying through the air forever? I pulled an Evel Kneivel in an Audi. I don't know how I made it out alive,just dumb luck.

The kicker was a couple of good ol' boys in a pickup truck witnessed it. They pulled up about the time I got the door kicked open. One of 'em looked at me and said "Yew flipped plumb over." They gave me a ride back to the house.

TJT
06-18-2008, 08:41 AM

Nah,I'm just a moron.

Peggy I've had that life flash in front of me thing a couple of times,but it was in situations where I thought I was about to die,not when it actually happened.

The last time was when I was 20. A tire blew on my car and I went off the side of small cliff/hill. Time got real slow. I was sailing through the air upside down for what seemed like forever and it hit me I wasn't going to make it. I remember distinctly thinking "Aw shit!" and then the phenomena of my life flashing before my eyes happened.

The car righted as it landed and I walked away with nothing but a concussion and some scratches. It barely touched ground on the roof above my head and door in the spin. I remember sitting there with the dust rising up from the impact thinking "Damn!"

I've gone back to the site of the wreck a few times. From the point on top of the hill where the car left the road to the place it landed was about 75 yards in distance from where I left the road and a drop of good 75-100 feet. No wonder it seemed like I was flying through the air forever? I pulled an Evel Kneivel in an Audi. I don't know how I made it out alive,just dumb luck.

The kicker was a couple of good ol' boys in a pickup truck witnessed it. They pulled up about the time I got the door kicked open. One of 'em looked at me and said "Yew flipped plumb over." They gave me a ride back to the house.

See.I told you I was a moron. Hit "quote' instead of "edit."

justatransgirl
06-18-2008, 09:20 AM

Trans Mission
06-18-2008, 12:17 PM
[quote=TJT]I've been legally dead twice. No lights,no tunnels,just nothing.

Nah,I'm just a moron.

You're no moron, man. Just a bruiser like me.

I've flipped a car twice, and it's amazing how fast your thinking can slow time down.

dageekindapink
06-18-2008, 12:18 PM

our maker? is that how u refer to Wotan? shame on u...

Belgie
06-18-2008, 02:46 PM
I'm a little amazed (but pleasantly surprised) at the secular nature of most of the answers... Nothingness, like just before you were born.

I try not to think about death, but I don't believe in any after-life.

Meet our maker? I've already met my parents. They were my maker.

Jericho
06-18-2008, 03:48 PM
I'm hoping to be decapitated...Just so i have a second or so to think, "This Sucks!"

lewdguppy
06-19-2008, 04:35 PM
that deathclock is fuckin' hilarious

I knew it
I bloody knew it!
I'm a zombie....aaaaaarrrggghhhhh

died 7-7-2007
wich is neat, cause it beats 666 :twisted: :roll: :lol:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1b/Fresh_Start_Club.jpg

apart from the jokes; for me death will be the end of pain, the end of loneliness, the end of insanity, the end of shame, the end of my body wich I hate cause it's sooooo rotten these days, the end of diseases, the end of me Vs the morons, the end of frustrations, the end of broken heartache.

I wouldn't mind death, it's the dying that sucks.

the 1 thing that keeps me going is that it would also mean the end of great music, the end of getting totally drunk, the end of enjoying nature and most of all the end of friendship

I'm not ready to give up those, especially the last one!

dunkiex
06-19-2008, 10:26 PM
I agree..nothingness...I think, in many cases, it is not death we fear, but we fear the process or the loss of time in this world. It would be nice to think of it as sleep. Who knows what happens after death. The key is, would our conscience, as it is, be aware?

BeardedOne
06-19-2008, 11:10 PM
apart from the jokes; for me death will be the end of pain, the end of loneliness, the end of insanity, the end of shame, the end of my body wich I hate cause it's sooooo rotten these days, the end of diseases, the end of me Vs the morons, the end of frustrations, the end of broken heartache.

I wouldn't mind death, it's the dying that sucks.

the 1 thing that keeps me going is that it would also mean the end of great music, the end of getting totally drunk, the end of enjoying nature and most of all the end of friendship

I'm not ready to give up those, especially the last one!

Oh, yah, you fucking bahstid! You had to remind me of that part, din'tcha? :x

Elsewise, I agree on the whole.

Janie2261
06-20-2008, 05:32 AM
It's just like waking up from a dream. However, if you are not yet ready to leave the illusion, you go right back into another dream -- born as a new human being (or maybe something else!).

You've been doing this for thousands of lifetimes. At the end of each life, your body and personality end, but your essence continues, unaffected. Your essence exists outside of time and space -- it is that eternal part of you that is always watching your experience. Kind of like watching a movie.

So...just sit back and enjoy! That's really all there is to it.

Nowhere
06-20-2008, 07:40 AM
I believe it's one of two things:

1. The big black. You go to sleep and descent into nothingness. That's it. Nothing more. You cease to exist.

2. Transcendence. You go to sleep and wake up into another state of existence.

I do believe life is designed so that you will never know which it will be until it happens, so therefore such a design leads me to believe that it's more likely number two, but as I said, we'll never know until we get there.

prue
06-20-2008, 08:32 AM
when some body's time of death comes, he will see what no body else can, he will see angels comming down from sky, and the way they look depends on the person's deeds, if he was doing good in his life then angels will be looking white, bright and beautiful smiling to him and augurs of what he is going to find when he meet the creator, he will find heaven and Immortality in heaven, can you imagen timless happiness. his soul will be taking out of his body very smoothly and Softly.

but if he was not as what the creator want him to be the angels he sees will be so dark and so ungry like they are comming out of HELL and they will and pull his soul so wildy and in a very tough way untill he rather to be cut into pieces by a saw - that how i heared it - in he will suffer the ultimate pain till he died.

some one from middel east told me and convence me to surf this website
http://discover.islamway.com/ and you know after i surf it i found the truth and i know i was going in the wrong way.

and i say to you from MY HEART

YOUR LIFE IS ONE CHANCE ONLY NOW YOU CAN SECURE YOUR AFTER LIFE