PDA

View Full Version : Why are Americans so dumb?

thx1138
06-12-2008, 10:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWySJBzlu-Y :D

InHouston
06-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Ironically, the video in and of itself and it's premise is dumb.

burnera
06-12-2008, 11:46 PM
bread and circuses (obscure reference).

TJT
06-13-2008, 09:03 AM
The Great Fluoride Conspiracy of my childhood is back with new artificial sweetners!!! LOL!

As for the title of the thread,what do you expect from a country made up of the descendants of folks who couldn't cut where they came from? We've never exactly drawn the best and brightest to our shores.

bassman2546
06-13-2008, 02:46 PM
Wow, Americans bashing themselves. Who woulda thought? The French would love this thread.

fhsjazztrumpet2
06-13-2008, 04:00 PM
At least we have nice teeth and tasty meals?

Tomfurbs
06-13-2008, 04:29 PM
'Tasty meals'?

You need to travel, my friend.

trish
06-13-2008, 05:10 PM
If they weren't tasty, they wouldn't call them Tasty Cakes, right?

Tomfurbs
06-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Hehe Trish.... to solidify my argument (and, er, un-solidify a few other things), I present to you 'The Famous Bowl' :lol:

ARMANIXXX
06-13-2008, 05:14 PM
'Tasty meals'?

Why?

There's every ethnic nationality here in America. So I would venture to say the country with the most diverse meals is in fact America.

Btw, I hear English food is bland.

Tomfurbs
06-13-2008, 05:15 PM
English food is pure shit mostly.

Which is why travel is good.

BBaggins06
06-13-2008, 05:17 PM

Not obscure at all. Have you been drinking lots of sugared tap water?

chefmike
06-13-2008, 05:47 PM
Why are Americans so dumb?

Speak for yourself thx tinfoil.

Quinn
06-13-2008, 06:05 PM
English food is pure shit mostly.

LOL.. Truer words have never been spoken, Tom. I lose weight everytime I go to London for good reason.

-Quinn

MacShreach
06-13-2008, 06:12 PM

Dunno what that means but I had a salad of tulips and daffodils once....IIRC it was very nice.

(But I was very pissed.)

kalina
06-13-2008, 07:13 PM
That's the first time I've ever heard that fluoride and aspartame can make people dumb!

If so many people are using fluoride enhanced toothpastes and water and chewing artificially sweetened candy with aspartame, then why do so many people have yellow teeth? Are they the smart ones? :)

Trogdor
06-13-2008, 07:49 PM
Hehe Trish.... to solidify my argument (and, er, un-solidify a few other things), I present to you 'The Famous Bowl' :lol:

Is that before or after it reaches the colon? ( Will probably be sitting in the colon for a few months at least >_> )

Well, dunno about stupidity in general, but everywhere I go, I see people in a dazed stupor.....glassy cow eye look....jaw hanging wide open as they walk and do their stuff. And since Americans are the world's largest users of pharmacudical drugs, I can see why.

Trogdor
06-13-2008, 07:54 PM
That's the first time I've ever heard that fluoride and aspartame can make people dumb!

If so many people are using fluoride enhanced toothpastes and water and chewing artificially sweetened candy with aspartame, then why do so many people have yellow teeth? Are they the smart ones? :)

Also, why are so many people fat, despite the diet stuff? XD

Flouride is toxic, and I heard that it was used by the Nazis in the concentration camps. Also, Apartame has been shown to really mess up brains in lab mice, so I can easily see people being the same way.

And Aspartame's chemical composition changes in warm tempuratuues, and most diet sodas are kept in room tempuratures in the store shelves....so....

Also, I read somewhere that Rumsfeld was a big proponent for Aspartame in food. I gotta see if I can find that article somehwere....I think it was in the Splenda thread.

MrsKellyPierce
06-13-2008, 09:46 PM
Oh Lord, this is just plain dumb.

Not to mention all the smart people we do have like NASA, inventors, entraprauners, and on down the line.

And hmm seems like England copied off our government. Why do you need a prime minister, the Queen is still alive!

Jericho
06-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Because we can be, godamn it!

(i can relax now that's out of my head!) :lol:

Trogdor
06-13-2008, 11:56 PM

Not to mention all the smart people we do have like NASA, inventors, entraprauners, and on down the line.

And hmm seems like England copied off our government. Why do you need a prime minister, the Queen is still alive!

NASA, with smart people?! HA!

NASA = Never A Straight Answer.

MacShreach
06-14-2008, 01:50 AM

NASA, with smart people?! HA!

NASA = Never A Straight Answer.

I thought it was Need Another Seven Astronauts.......

dinkinabutt
09-17-2008, 04:17 PM
TastyKake with a "K" not a "C"

"Tastykake is all the good things wrapped up in one." (?)

"Hawaiian Punch...what flavor do you want, kids?" "We want RED, Mom!"

...Where do the "REDFRUIT" trees grow?

IsuckTgirlCock
09-18-2008, 12:33 AM
Americans are really dumb. I agree. A Chinese infant is born with the IQ of an average American. No wonder the USA is so easily herded like sheep by Christianity and Democracy. They are bred to be stupid !

SarahG
09-18-2008, 01:17 AM
'Tasty meals'?

Why?

There's every ethnic nationality here in America. So I would venture to say the country with the most diverse meals is in fact America.

Btw, I hear English food is bland.

Yea but usually its only true to whatever ethnic food it is for the generation that immigrates here- once the restaurant's founders pass on to the next generation its not the same- and it'll get worse with every generation after.

Case in point when I want decent German sausage, I will turn around and walk back out the door if the butcher speaks any English. Maybe that's harsh, but the best German sausage I've had here has been from immigrant butchers.

IsuckTgirlCock
09-18-2008, 03:06 AM
No, not all Americans are stupid, but some do say the dumbest shit.

Two examples:

[quote=IsuckTgirlCock]Americans are really dumb. No wonder the USA is so easily herded like sheep by Christianity and Democracy. They are bred to be stupid !

Youre right. Democracy isnt founded on christianity and weak minded people in the usa arent bred to follow it like sheep. Damn, great way to point that out. lo. youre quit the retard, if that. tool

\

GroobySteven
09-18-2008, 04:55 AM
[Damn, great way to point that out. lo. youre quit the retard, if that. tool

\

He he he he ... pot, where is the kettle ?

Solitary Brother
09-18-2008, 06:13 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWySJBzlu-Y :D

I ask myself this ALL the time.

Quiet Reflections
09-18-2008, 07:10 AM
not all americans are stupid, just the ones the media lets you see as you replicate our sad culture till your no better. Generally speaking the imitator is always worse than the originator. I dont know of any culture that is copied more. American sports are better too

ilovetgirls36
10-13-2008, 12:57 AM
because they pay $3000 for a mac ....

russtafa
10-13-2008, 03:50 AM
americans used to have the worst tv programs ive ever seen[dukes of hasard,brady bunch, i love lucy] i used to think they were retarded but our own shows[australian] are just as bad so maybe the whole world is dumbing down

altarica
10-13-2008, 05:06 AM
Ok a serious answer from a Brit.
I don't think Americans are all particularly dumb.What I do think though is that they are quite parochial and somewhat naive.
Given the size of the country this is quite understandable.I have met many Americans in my time through work and found that many of them have no concept or interest in what goes on in other states,never mind the rest of the world.
As for British food being bland ....Hmmmm. Which country presently has the best restaurants and chefs residing within? Britain that's where.
And Kelly,much as much I adore you we did not copy your government.
Our parliament is known as 'The Mother of parliaments" for a good reason.
Why do we have a Prime Minister when we have the Queen? The Queen is the titular Head Of State,with no political power whatsoever and the Prime Minister is the leader of the political party which governs the country. The monarchs power is not absolute since it was reigned in by the Magna Carta of 1215 signed by King John,binding the monarch to the rule of law, stated simply.

Now if someone was to state that all French people are cheese eating surrender monkeys then that I would have to agree with, :D :D :D

Surkis
10-13-2008, 09:41 AM
Haha, great topic! Americans sure are dumb. Can we generalize blacks and mexican next please? Cause prejudice is awesome!

*HEAVY sarcasm*

TomSelis
10-13-2008, 02:52 PM
Ok a serious answer from a Brit.
I don't think Americans are all particularly dumb.What I do think though is that they are quite parochial and somewhat naive.
Given the size of the country this is quite understandable.I have met many Americans in my time through work and found that many of them have no concept or interest in what goes on in other states,never mind the rest of the world.

I was with you up until here. btw Spain is regarded as the culinary capital of the world at the mo'.