PDA

View Full Version : I saw a tranny on BART today......

Solitary Brother
06-11-2008, 07:16 AM
Coming home after a long fucked up day at work.
i was standing when I saw this woman and thought "Could she be a tranny?"
I didnt stare at her.
She was hispanic and kinda husky with a very pretty face and passable.
Later on as the BART train emptied i sat across from her.
I glanced over and immediately noticed how large and muscular her calves where and thought "OK she could be a tranny".

Now the point of this post...
Some younger women sitting in the middle of a train make the remark "Thats a man...ha ha."
Immediately the girl in question/tranny sucks her teeth and turns her ipod up.

QUESTION
Is this a common occurance with girls on the trains?
I thought the girl/tranny was very well grommed and actually prettier than a lot of females(maybe thats why the GG made that rude and loud comment) and had nothing to be ashamed of.

Give me some feedback/stories please.

Alyssa87
06-11-2008, 07:21 AM
awww. poor baby. she kept it cute tho 8)

my iPod STAYS up. so im oblivious when i go to the city and on the subway.

but where i live, there are no TS's so its easy for me here. no one knows 'the look'.

Steve-Oh
06-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Didn't you talk to her?
Say Hi?

Or did you just sit there like you was Poindexter?

You'll NEVER know unless you ask a few questions (keep it tasteful)

MacShreach
06-11-2008, 10:57 AM
Didn't you talk to her?
Say Hi?

What, like, "Hey, dude, are you really a tranny?" Jeez, think about what you're saying. Any woman travelling alone on a train is already in a vulnerable situation and a TS woman in the same position much more so. About the last thing she needs is some chaser trying to hit on her when she's keeping her eyes peeled for the next bastard that might beat her up just for who she is. This poor woman was already feeling very exposed and by not indicating he had noticed anything the OP did exactly the right thing. One would hope that if the situation had escalated to violence then he would have stepped in, but otherwise his reaction was correct.

Wanna meet TS women, look in places where they feel secure and unthreatened, sparky.

To the OP: TS women are in danger ALL THE TIME. There is a thing called the fifty-thirty rule-- fifty percent of TS women do not survive past the age of thirty. Violence against TS women is often shockingly brutal and I am afraid they have to endure name-calling and verbal hostility all the time, from both men and other women. If you approach a TS woman in a situation like that you have just placed her in more danger by overtly noticing her.

I suggest you Google "transsexual hate crime" for a real eye-opener.

MacShreach
06-11-2008, 10:59 AM
awww. poor baby. she kept it cute tho 8)

my iPod STAYS up. so im oblivious when i go to the city and on the subway.

but where i live, there are no TS's so its easy for me here. no one knows 'the look'.

Yeah, but still, you be careful and you stay safe, sweet thing.

melissacarter
06-11-2008, 12:05 PM
Passing is a difficult thing to guage for a transsexual. We read into people's minds and think the worst. Sometimes we think we're clocked when we're not and vice-versa. For many of us it's our worst nightmare and thus develope a heightened paranoia, and sometimes even that paranoia contributes to being read (like the audience smelling fear in a floundering comedian).

In a situation like the train or out in public often there is no voice interaction and passing is more likely. I think very few TS get their voice down authentically. Bottom line is you have to get beyond it and just be your sexy self. And if you're clocked, hey what the hell, it doesn't mean anything in the end if you think it through.

The one part of that story that bugs me is the bystander who says, "that's a man", instead of, "that's a transsexual". The general public knows so little about TS, all they have to go by are venues like the Jerry Springer show where TS are portrayed as spectacles and oddities.

Steve-Oh
06-11-2008, 06:48 PM
Didn't you talk to her?
Say Hi?

What, like, "Hey, dude, are you really a tranny?"
Mac, did you miss the "keep it tasteful" part?
A socially well adjusted gentleman MIGHT start with a simple "Hi how are ya doing?" "Are you busy?" "Where are you going today?" "What part of town are you from?"
By asking about one's lifestyle, you can get information about WHO a person is.
Do you get it? It's called getting to know someone through casual chit chat.
Why is everyone so quick to assume the worst in people?
Perhaps you too, need a little help with talking to women, Mac.

Steve-Oh
06-11-2008, 06:55 PM

The one part of that story that bugs me is the bystander who says, "that's a man", instead of, "that's a transsexual". The general public knows so little about TS, all they have to go by are venues like the Jerry Springer show where TS are portrayed as spectacles and oddities.

I'm with you, Melissa. One never can tell. She may have been a manly Genetic Woman afterall. There are such people on this planet. Either way, it was rude of those kids to mock her like that.

No one will know because no one in that scene took the time or had the courtesy to talk to a stranger, satisfy a curiosity and perhaps make a new connection.

MacShreach
06-11-2008, 07:12 PM
Why is everyone so quick to assume the worst in people?
Perhaps you too, need a little help with talking to women, Mac.

I don't, and I don't, Chuck. And I stand by what I said before. If you lack the native intelligence or good manners to realise that hitting on a woman who is already feeling threatened is an inconsiderate thing to do, then you are definitely the one who needs help. Why don't we ask the girls, Chuck?

So, ladies, in a vulnerable moment, when you are already being miscalled by a bunch of strangers who had spooked you, would you want a man to start hitting on you because he thought he'd clocked you too?

Or would you prefer he just backed off?

I'll be interested to see the response.

Steve-Oh
06-11-2008, 08:04 PM
If you lack the native intelligence or good manners to realise that hitting on a woman who is already feeling threatened is an inconsiderate thing to do

Since when is engaging in conversation "hitting on" someone? And why is striking up a conversation an inconsiderate thing to do?

Your assumption that there is something negative going on here reveals that you are assuming the worst, Jake.

Perhaps a friendly voice in a tense situation would have been a welcome way to break the ice. The OP made no reference that his girl was ever at all threatened. And again, no one knows a damn thing about that woman.

Get away fom your keyboard and get out into the world and talk to people instead of typing at them, Jake.

tsntx
06-11-2008, 08:31 PM
Coming home after a long fucked up day at work.
i was standing when I saw this woman and thought "Could she be a tranny?"
with a very pretty face and passable.

so passable that you clocked her?

do you not see that what you did and what the rude girl did are the same in the eyes of the girl/tranny in question?

BeardedOne
06-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Jen, Mac, Jake, Chuck, Sparky, Brad, Janet, Rocky, UNGH!! Can't we all just get along? :roll:

I like urban transit and have studied the history of how it built our cities and shaped our culture. I've logged more miles both as passenger and operator than most humans ever =want= to experience in their daily commutes.

In those times I couldn't help but watch the people on the trains. Let's face it, there are only so many times that you can read the Burma Shave ad or look at the Doublemint Twins (OK, I can still look at the Doublemint Twins :) ) before your brain begins to melt. Can't read a paper because there's no way to flip the pages on a crowded train and immersing yourself in iPod-land makes it near impossible for you to hear when someone is trying to tell you that your wallet's been lifted or your coat's on fire.

So I watch the people getting on and off. One by the window watches the world go by as the person next to them nods off for their evening nap/commute. You can't help but imagine who they are, where they're going, whether or not they are thinking the same things about you.

Laughing on the bus. Playing games with the faces.
I said the man in the Gabardine suit was a spy.
You said "Be careful, his bow tie is really a camera!" - Simon & Garfunkel

Tomfurbs
06-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Wow B1, you were a train driver?

How cool is that!

BeardedOne
06-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Wow B1, you were a train driver?

How cool is that!

To paraphrase the classic:

"I'm not an operator, but I play one on weekends." :D

I ran my first trolley/tram car when I was thirteen (My, what a bizzy year that was) yet didn't drive my first automobile until I was nineteen. Have run a variety of cars/trains since then including a New Orleans streetcar and a rickety old workcar built in the 1800s.

Interesting sidenote, and relating to this thread:

During a recent getaway weekend (I am severely stressed these daze and jump at excuses to escape for a bit) I was invited up to Boston to tour some of the new transit facilities and equipment. Spent the day there doing a whirlwind tour of four of the six colors of lines and talked shop with officials from Boston, NY and other cities who were along for the ride. Mind, this is not my job, I was doing this high-speed/high-stress bullshit for 'fun'. :shock: We changed trains/buses at least a dozen times as well as found ourselves smack in the middle of an Emergency Services drill that had shut down one of the stations and littered the platform with 'victims'.

As I expected the trip to be hectic and stressful (I didn't stop moving from the moment I arrived to the moment I started home), I chose not to drive the 450 miles up and back and instead took Amtrak (Something I haven't done in quite some time).

True to form, I watched the people at the station, on the platform, and on the train. The only difference between intercity transit and urban transit is that the second your ass hits the seat on an Amtrak train you are very likely to make at least one new friend.

As soon as I settled in, a very nice, attractive girl next to me began to chatter. "We sat outside Alexandria for almost an hour!" In the next hours I discovered that she was just married, lived in North Carolina, and was going to NY to visit family while her husband was meeting her later in Philadelphia. The conductor collects comic books. A couple from Germany almost got off in Newark when they wanted the =other= Penn Station in Manhattan (I helped them sort that out). Even there (Newark), I looked across the platform at a kid on the PATH train that was obviously thinking 'Fuck! They're letting =that= train go first!'.

It's our nature to observe and be curious. Could be different, could be the gurl on Twelfth Street: Shouting "Oh! There! That one! She's a tranny! Oh! And that one!" :lol:

yodajazz
06-11-2008, 11:52 PM
Didn't you talk to her?
Say Hi?

Sometimes just eye contact and a smile is enough to let a person know that everything is all right.

Willie Escalade
06-12-2008, 02:14 AM
I work with public transit here in Los Angeles. Believe me, it happens quite often...especially on routes that go through known T-girl neighborhoods (such as Line 4 that goes down Santa Monica Blvd). I've seen girls from the club that didn't even recognize me. To be honest, not much of the reactions are negative.

justatransgirl
06-12-2008, 10:16 AM

Tomfurbs
06-12-2008, 10:54 AM
The bottom line is: There should be no difference between how you act towards a 'tranny' and how you act to any other person.

Do you normally engage people randomly in conversation on the train? I'm guessing no. So it's probably best if you leave the poor girl alone.

MacShreach
06-12-2008, 11:09 AM
The bottom line is: There should be no difference between how you act towards a 'tranny' and how you act to any other person.

Do you normally engage people randomly in conversation on the train? I'm guessing no. So it's probably best if you leave the poor girl alone.

It sticks right in my craw having to agree with you but EXACTLY.

TsVanessa69
06-12-2008, 12:52 PM
I gave up caring years ago!
Yes females are cutty, because the fact that you are now a threat to them. See a woman can compete with another woman, but not with a trans.My new "friends" girlfriend was calling me asking if he was with me and that she was his girlfreind. Just to make her mad I replied, well good for you, I'm his BOYFRIEND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think because I have lived life for so long in this body, I no longer care anymore. For every person who reads, 10 people live for me. Now more and more ts are living the life and throwing dust to negative comments. Now I have my days when I read back, then I have my days I laugh in the persons face as loud as I can and keep on going. See, I love me, and since I have nobody in this life but me, fuck what other peiople think! I pay my bills, I wanted this , so I take the good with the bad. Now on the flip side, this year, in Chicago, for the first time EVER, I am one of the FIRST transexuals to EVER perform live onstage, at 6pm for our PUERTO RICAN PRIDE fest! MAIN STAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!