PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Barack............................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-04-2008, 04:02 AM
A little late in the day
but well deserved
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2008/POLITICS/06/03/election.democrats/t1wide.obama.02.ap.jpg

unctrld1
06-04-2008, 04:08 AM
Welcome Barack . . . JWBlack!!!!!

Legend
06-04-2008, 04:10 AM
A historic event!

hondarobot
06-04-2008, 04:11 AM
Ah, fuck, I guess we're all stuck here.

:?

Alyssa87
06-04-2008, 04:11 AM
im looking foward to his inaugural speech in January.

Thatiger23
06-04-2008, 04:20 AM
BARACK FTW

envivision
06-04-2008, 04:36 AM

Whose? John McCain?

Alyssa87
06-04-2008, 04:40 AM

Whose? John McCain?

Not a chance Billy-Bob.

DCGuy343
06-04-2008, 05:31 AM
Congratulations!!! :claps :claps :claps

andyuk
06-04-2008, 05:39 AM
as a brit,got to say he comes across well

antney
06-04-2008, 05:43 AM
its a celebration!!

El Nino
06-04-2008, 05:45 AM
House Keeping

Legend
06-04-2008, 05:59 AM

Quinn
06-04-2008, 06:03 AM
Serious congrats.

-Quinn

El Nino
06-04-2008, 06:07 AM
server overload I guess. This is rare. It's not rhetoric btw. Try again later if you want. Take a look at his current cabinet members; they are international globalist who are in favor of a New World Order.

MrsKellyPierce
06-04-2008, 06:52 AM
Obama and McCain are two side of the same coin. Both server their corporate masters and are just front men to give you all the idea that you still have a choice. It doesn't matter who wins; the wars will go on and you will continually have your Constitutional freedoms stripped away. Laugh at me now, but remember that some of us warned you, and that some of us weren't duped by the mainstream media!

Learn the Truth www.Truthnews.us El nino you are so smart, obviously they didn't look at Obama's backers lol

El Nino
06-04-2008, 07:03 AM
Aww, thanks Kel. You're quite the whippersnapper yourself!

That_1_Guy
06-04-2008, 07:27 AM

Whose? John McCain?

Not a chance Billy-Bob.

McCain already has a strong following with Democrats because he is more liberal than conservative, which has angered many Republicans. The Hilary clan will for the most part vote for McCain because of the dislike for Obama. The same Conservative Republicans that are angered with McCain aren't going to vote for Obama...I'm not going there.

Do the math...McCain will be making that inaugural speech in January. The thing most seem not to understand is that the next President will not make much of a difference. Too much corruption in the rest of the government.

Legend
06-04-2008, 07:35 AM

Whose? John McCain?

Not a chance Billy-Bob.

McCain already has a strong following with Democrats because he is more liberal than conservative, which has angered many Republicans. The Hilary clan will for the most part vote for McCain because of the dislike for Obama. The same Conservative Republicans that are angered with McCain aren't going to vote for Obama...I'm not going there.

Do the math...McCain will be making that inaugural speech in January. The thing most seem not to understand is that the next President will not make much of a difference. Too much corruption in the rest of the government.

I wouldn't be to sure of that when he announces her as his VP.

Felicia Katt
06-04-2008, 08:05 AM
El nino you are so smart, obviously they didn't look at Obama's backers lol
Kelly, I know it must seem like I am picking on you, but I am not, only on the "facts" you keep cherrypicking.

Obama's backers are largely small individual donors. As of March, over 1.5 million people had contributed to his campaign, and of them, only a very small percentage had donated the maximum allowed.

McCain's donors are the same power elite who supported Bush. Rich individuals, giving the max and PAC's and corporations and lobbyists, often benefitting directly from McCain's legislative efforts. People seem to forget McCain was almost censured by the Senate for his involvement in the savings and loan meltdown, and his closeness to its lobbyists and contributors. His campaign headquarters recently had to put in a revolving door to get rid of all the lobbyists on his campaign staff. McCain berated Barak for suggesting we speak to dictators when he had campaign staffers who had spoken for them, as lobbyists.

Obama's backers are people like you and me. McCain's are not.

FK

El Nino
06-04-2008, 08:13 AM
I'm talking about his main political advisers and consultants. As well as media propagators and and appointees. Its all out there. There is a bigger picture Felicia.

Felicia Katt
06-04-2008, 08:31 AM
I'm talking about his main political advisers and consultants. As well as media propagators and and appointees. Its all out there. There is a bigger picture Felicia.
if there is a bigger picture, you are missing it, sweetie. You can support someone like Ron Paul, who has no chance of ever being elected or you can choose from the actual practical electable candidates. Obama is very different than Bush. McCain is not. On the issues of Iraq and gay rights, the difference is night, and day, and by voting for Obama, I am voting so our nation will no longer be kept in the dark, or the closet.

FK

El Nino
06-04-2008, 08:39 AM
No way, fuck having to vote for "the lesser of two evils". We shouldn't have to do that. Again, and I repeat, you are missing a bigger picture. Its not about who is President. It runs farrrrrrrrr deeper.

Legend
06-04-2008, 08:43 AM
No way, fuck having to vote for "the lesser of two evils". We shouldn't have to do that. Again, and I repeat, you are missing a bigger picture. Its not about who is President. It runs farrrrrrrrr deeper.

Who controls the universe?

Thatiger23
06-04-2008, 08:47 AM

Who controls the universe?

thats easy to answer and i would have to say this cat
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee106/tonyb2206/strong-is-the-force-with-yoda-cat.jpg

yodajazz
06-04-2008, 08:48 AM

I understand what you are saying, but at least voting for the 'lesser of two evils' sends a message that we are not satisfied with the current direction.
I think the world needs to see that we want change. That in itself sends a message. And then there is at least a possibility that there may be some changes. After all the invasion of Iraq was discussed in cabinet level meetings before 9/11. I think an Al Gore administration would have proceeded differently.

Felicia Katt
06-04-2008, 08:50 AM
hey, light a candle, or curse the darkness. Only one actually does any good, the other only feels good.

FK

Tomfurbs
06-04-2008, 11:03 AM
Congrats Obama, but neither you or McCain have the knowledge or leverage to pull the banking system in check, so the whole world is financially fucked for the next five to ten years.

America sneezes, the rest of the world catches cold.

melissacarter
06-04-2008, 01:26 PM
the Democratic party is just as fucked up and dirty as the Republican party, let's not get misty here...

The good news is Obama is intelligent and astute, never rattles and knows how to play the game without making it look like he's playing the game. Finally, a formidable candidate and two steps up from douchbag Kerry who had a chance to stop Bush and blew it.

Cuchulain
06-04-2008, 02:36 PM
El Nino, I agree that we shouldn't have to vote for the lesser of teo evils, but when have we ever done anything else in a presidential election?

McCain will be no different than Bush. He may have a better command of the english language, but we've seen that he puts his foot in his mouth just as often.

We can at least be sure that Obama will not engage in the brutal acts of hubris that Bush/Cheney have reveled in these past eight years - lieing about wmds and nuclear weps to start a war, bankrupting our country, tossing habeua corpus and posse comitatus out the window, no bid contracts for Haliburton, KBR and Blackwater, appointing industry hacks to run every watchdog agency of the US govt, censoring reports prepared by scientists of those agencies, outing a goddamn CIA agent for political reasons, firing Federal attorneys because the won't trump up charges to prosecute the opposition party, etc, etc

You can either hold your nose and vote for Obama or sit home all high and mighty, believing you're above the fray. One choice has a positive impact, the other does NOTHING.

melissacarter
06-04-2008, 02:53 PM
El Nino, I agree that we shouldn't have to vote for the lesser of teo evils, but when have we ever done anything else in a presidential election?

McCain will be no different than Bush. He may have a better command of the english language, but we've seen that he puts his foot in his mouth just as often.

We can at least be sure that Obama will not engage in the brutal acts of hubris that Bush/Cheney have reveled in these past eight years - lieing about wmds and nuclear weps to start a war, bankrupting our country, tossing habeua corpus and posse comitatus out the window, no bid contracts for Haliburton, KBR and Blackwater, appointing industry hacks to run every watchdog agency of the US govt, censoring reports prepared by scientists of those agencies, outing a goddamn CIA agent for political reasons, firing Federal attorneys because the won't trump up charges to prosecute the opposition party, etc, etc

You can either hold your nose and vote for Obama or sit home all high and mighty, believing you're above the fray. One choice has a positive impact, the other does NOTHING.

Well said. Each of your illustrations are crimes that neither Bush or Cheney will ever be accountable for. I would take it a step further and say that beyond doing NOTHING this administration and the party doctrine it pushes does heavy permanent damage particularly regarding foreign policy, both political and economic. The rest of the world hates us now and will cheer as America struggles.

Don't forget the bullshit Patriot Act, which is a sound-good name for freedom to spy, prosecute anyone and loss of inddivual rights.

Cuchulain
06-04-2008, 03:13 PM
Thanks, Melissa and Good Morning. Ya know, I have this tiny, tiny sliver of hope that if Obama gets in and appoints John Edwards AG, we may yet see Dubya and his gang of thugs face charges. Unlikely, I admit, but it's nice to dream, hehe.

glenntinnyc
06-04-2008, 03:37 PM

While it is true Obama had 1.5 million individual donors, lets not brainwash ourselves into thinking those 10 dollar checks financed his effort. Notice all of the large banks there. Coincidence or an effort to make sure that should he get the win in November the expected new round of bailouts will continue with the YOU and ME people mentioned above left to carry the bill?

Goldman Sachs $571,330
University of California $437,236
UBS AG $364,806
JPMorgan Chase & Co $362,207
Citigroup Inc $358,054
National Amusements Inc $320,750
Lehman Brothers $318,647
Google Inc $309,514
Harvard University $309,025
Sidley Austin LLP $294,245
Skadden, Arps et al $270,013
Time Warner $262,677
Morgan Stanley $259,876
Jones Day $250,725
Exelon Corp $236,211
University of Chicago $218,857
Wilmerhale LLP $218,680
Latham & Watkins $218,615
Microsoft Corp $209,242
Stanford University $195,262

DOESNT LOOK LIKE A YOU AND ME ROLL CALL THERE.

That being said he ran a good campaign and the party should support him along with Clinton's base or the Dems will have squandered what was an un loseable election.

trish
06-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Today, I'm one happy backer...me and a million and a half other hopeful, everyday individuals. Congrats Barrack.

Minutemouse9
06-04-2008, 05:06 PM

Well said. Each of your illustrations are crimes that neither Bush or Cheney will ever be accountable for. I would take it a step further and say that beyond doing NOTHING this administration and the party doctrine it pushes does heavy permanent damage particularly regarding foreign policy, both political and economic. The rest of the world hates us now and will cheer as America struggles.

Don't forget the bullshit Patriot Act, which is a sound-good name for freedom to spy, prosecute anyone and loss of inddivual rights.

Let's not forget warrantless wiretappings and their plan to give immunity to the telco that cooperated.

If nothing illegal was done, then we do they need immunity?

Quinn
06-04-2008, 05:09 PM
the Democratic party is just as fucked up and dirty as the Republican party, let's not get misty here...

I couldn't agree more, but, that being said, I am willing to give Obama a chance. He may be a disaster; conversely, he may turn out to be another JFK. Voting for him entails the acceptance of certain unknowns. That being said, voting for the other two entails the acceptance of many knowns that are entirely unpalatable in nature (or have become so recently), at least for me.

-Quinn

goldensamba
06-04-2008, 05:31 PM
as a brit,got to say he comes across well

You mean with his ability to actually speak the English language and his grasp of geography? Unlike this guy..... http://youtube.com/watch?v=H6xsd3qo99M

dafame
06-04-2008, 08:24 PM

Yeah he's right. Let's vote for Ron Paul and ensure we have no say in this political process that will have a profound effect on the course our country takes over the course of the next four years.

dafame
06-04-2008, 08:26 PM
As a black man last night was an extremely moving and emotional event. I couldn't hold back the tears.

trish
06-04-2008, 08:48 PM
As a black man last night was an extremely moving and emotional event. I couldn't hold back the tears.

I supported Obama wholeheartedly, but I didn't think I'd get all choked up...yet I did. Thanks for sharing dafame.

goldensamba
06-04-2008, 10:24 PM
I don't care if he's purple, he is the best we have got. If he gets elected I unfortunately think there will be many attempts on his life because of the lingering ignorance in this country.

uber_nerd
06-04-2008, 11:09 PM
I hope I'm wrong but I don't think America is ready for a black president.

hippifried
06-04-2008, 11:55 PM
Now the fun part begins.

Fox
06-05-2008, 03:11 AM

Fox
06-05-2008, 03:11 AM

Triple posts... :evil:

Fox
06-05-2008, 03:12 AM
I don't care if he's purple, he is the best we have got. If he gets elected I unfortunately think there will be many attempts on his life because of the lingering ignorance in this country.

Yeah, I think every black person (and not just black) worries about that.

melissacarter
06-05-2008, 04:05 AM
As screwed up as this sounds, the fact that he's a light skinned black man makes his chances better. It shouldn't matter but in this country it still does.

Colin Powell was more palletable to the uptight white American public. And in some ways helped pave the way for others.

goldensamba
06-05-2008, 04:48 AM
As screwed up as this sounds, the fact that he's a light skinned black man makes his chances better. It shouldn't matter but in this country it still does.

Colin Powell was more palletable to the uptight white American public. And in some ways helped pave the way for others.

You are correct.......f@cked up but true!!

jimbobw2
06-05-2008, 05:07 AM

While it is true Obama had 1.5 million individual donors, lets not brainwash ourselves into thinking those 10 dollar checks financed his effort. Notice all of the large banks there. Coincidence or an effort to make sure that should he get the win in November the expected new round of bailouts will continue with the YOU and ME people mentioned above left to carry the bill?

Goldman Sachs $571,330
UBS AG $364,806
Citigroup Inc $358,054
Lehman Brothers $318,647
Google Inc $309,514
Time Warner $262,677
Morgan Stanley $259,876
Jones Day $250,725
Exelon Corp $236,211
Wilmerhale LLP $218,680
Microsoft Corp $209,242

That being said he ran a good campaign and the party should support him along with Clinton's base or the Dems will have squandered what was an un loseable election.

Dont forget Farrakhan and Wright. Wright was his mentor....

goldensamba
06-05-2008, 05:56 AM

This is the kind of crap that we can look forward to seeing throughout this election.

Legend
06-05-2008, 06:00 AM

This is the kind of crap that we can look forward to seeing throughout this election.

It won't work!

casca82
06-05-2008, 06:05 AM
fuck that muslim, he won't reign long :thumbsdown :moon :twisted:

chefmike
06-05-2008, 06:10 AM

Aren't you late for a Mensa meeting, zippy?

goldensamba
06-05-2008, 06:13 AM

I don't even know what to say about this comment. How exactly do you justify this comment? Even if he was a muslim, why would you hate him for his religion?

trish
06-05-2008, 06:14 AM
Whoever writes

please do not try and change my mind

has no need to speak their mind. Why would you want to give voice to your views if you didn't want to persuade...it's not like we're all dying to know what you think? And how could you expect to persuade if you didn't offer as enticement to dialog the possibly that you yourself could be persuaded.

casca82
06-05-2008, 06:25 AM
he will destroy this country, he is weak. I don't trust him, his beliefs, his family, or his church. Our enemies will sense his weakness and naivety, and they will strike. It's 1938 all over again. :2cent

dafame
06-05-2008, 06:27 AM

Goldman Sachs $571,330
UBS AG $364,806
Citigroup Inc $358,054
Lehman Brothers $318,647
Google Inc $309,514
Time Warner $262,677
Morgan Stanley $259,876
Jones Day $250,725
Exelon Corp $236,211
Wilmerhale LLP $218,680
Microsoft Corp $209,242

Add the total sum of those numbers and the go to fec.com to see just how off base you are when you see the breakdown of the contributions he's received.

goldensamba
06-05-2008, 06:27 AM
he will destroy this country, he is weak. I don't trust him, his beliefs, his family, or his church. Our enemies will sense his weakness and naivety, and they will strike. It's 1938 all over again. :2cent

You're right, we need someone strong like George Bush. NOT!

Where do these people come from?!

ottorocket
06-05-2008, 06:28 AM
Too bad this election has been more about gender, race, and age politics than the issues. All of the above suck.

trish
06-05-2008, 06:28 AM
I don't trust you, casca. So give us some casca independent reasons not to trust Obama. Sheesh!

qeuqheeg222
06-05-2008, 07:48 AM
i hope for the sake of the dems who have a habit of turning somethin into nuthin;that he picks some meat and potatoes white,suthrin or out west,gun totin type of dude...think bout it-he'll win over hillary's crownd vs mcain but those reagan-dems or working class guys that were forced to vote for hillary in the primary might go for mcain...many states have more of a racist edge than many people think....hillary is too much of a polarizin figure...he needs to make some bridges..

partlycloudy
06-05-2008, 08:29 AM
http://i26.tinypic.com/2v0mxwx.jpg

trish
06-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Hostile PM's:
You and the others didn't agree with my views after I asked you to leave me alone but you all decided to just go on a tear of attacks. I warned ya but you didn't listen so I put the thread back on track. You started with me, if you have a beef with me keep it off the boards and talk to me here like an adult. You all ruined that thread with attacks, because I choose to be republican and made a statement as such. the thread is now about Obama not me, not me being a shit talker , a coward ect ect ect. You should know you can not argue politics or religion. Post about Obama but leave me & my name off your lips. You want to discuss something with me do it here , no more highjacking threads. H.

If we address your arguments it's a legitimate attack on your ideas and fit for public consumption and within the parameters of the thread. You really can't expect to post your opinions and then say don't attack them.

qeuqheeg222
06-05-2008, 09:10 AM
obama could carry the repug south that used to be dixiecrats with a dude like ji,m webb or maybe wesley clark(althought i dont like him for this)...the deep southern states have a large percentage of black voters and disenfranchised poor whites...he could really connect here if he played the cards right..shit he could pick bill clinton????edwards might do okay too......

Alyssa87
06-05-2008, 09:13 AM
everyone loves this guy...

qeuqheeg222
06-05-2008, 09:15 AM
alyssa do you like him?????

Alyssa87
06-05-2008, 09:16 AM
as i live and breathe. yes.

qeuqheeg222
06-05-2008, 09:23 AM
you know it is interesting down here in miami that many cubans this time around were posin like they were gonna go for hillary but they lost out ..i wonder if they can over come the instinct to vote repug and overcome a lot of the racist shit and vote for obama.....voting blocks in different regions always present special circumstances.......

NYCe
06-05-2008, 07:19 PM
No need to start a new thread for that. No need to use posters real names in this thread as well.

I've sent out inboxes as needed. Let's keep this get this thread back on track.

(As well why is this in GD?)

trish
06-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Thank you, NYCe

partlycloudy
06-05-2008, 07:39 PM
:arrow:

Alyssa87
06-05-2008, 08:49 PM
brushin off the haters.
lmaoo. i never saw that. cute.

doasuwill
06-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Get ready for the mudslinging, Mcsame will play dirty the only way the Republicans know how to play.

MrsKellyPierce
06-05-2008, 11:19 PM
I don't care what color he is, I don't like him.

He is all talk and no action.

thx1138
06-06-2008, 01:38 AM
According to the rumor mill a 2004 speech given by Michelle Obama might be dropped on the mainstream media within the next 48 hours. Obama may have to divorce his wife as he did with the Reverend Wright. Maybe that's why Hillary is still hanging around.

thx1138
06-06-2008, 01:48 AM
http://hillbuzz.blogspot.com/2008/06/whats-on-michelle-obama-rant-tape.html

Legend
06-06-2008, 01:57 AM
According to the rumor mill a 2004 speech given by Michelle Obama might be dropped on the mainstream media within the next 48 hours. Obama may have to divorce his wife as he did with the Reverend Wright. Maybe that's why Hillary is still hanging around.

Don't you think a thing like that would have been bought up when the far right was attacking michelle about her proud of america comment which they totally tried to distort.

thx1138
06-06-2008, 10:17 AM
http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/06/05/the-daily-show-a-tale-of-two-speeches/#comments Jon Stewart - brilliant as usual.

El Nino
06-07-2008, 10:15 AM
House Keeping

chefmike
06-07-2008, 02:56 PM
:screwy :spam

:boring :crap

Oli
06-07-2008, 03:17 PM
“In fact, one thing that I have noticed . . . is that all of these conspiracy theories depend on the perpetrators being endlessly clever. I think you'll find the facts also work if you assume the believer is endlessly stupid.”

chefmike
06-07-2008, 03:36 PM
“In fact, one thing that I have noticed . . . is that all of these conspiracy theories depend on the perpetrators being endlessly clever. I think you'll find the facts also work if you assume the believer is endlessly stupid.”

Nailed it.

El Nino
06-07-2008, 09:06 PM
House Keeping

chefmike
06-08-2008, 02:25 AM

Well said, Oli.

TYR
06-12-2008, 04:19 PM
While i am glad an African -American has a serious chance of winning. I am appalled at the fact that he is a racist fuck. I was going to vote for him until i read his book.

trish
06-12-2008, 05:38 PM
Okay, I'll bite. Which book, and what evidence of his racism do you find in his book.

BrendaQG
06-13-2008, 05:54 AM
"The Audacity of Hope" (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Audacity_of_Hope)

I haven't read it but mabey I should.

In the end, that's what this election is about. Do we participate in a politics of cynicism or a politics of hope? John Kerry calls on us to hope. John Edwards calls on us to hope. I'm not talking about blind optimism here -- the almost willful ignorance that thinks unemployment will go away if we just don't talk about it, or the health care crisis will solve itself if we just ignore it. No, I'm talking about something more substantial. It's the hope of slaves sitting around a fire singing freedom songs; the hope of immigrants setting out for distant shores; the hope of a young naval lieutenant bravely patrolling the Mekong Delta; the hope of a millworker's son who dares to defy the odds; the hope of a skinny kid with a funny name who believes that America has a place for him, too. Hope in the face of difficulty. Hope in the face of uncertainty. The audacity of hope!
Barrack Hussien Obama 2004 Speech at the Democratic convention. As quoted from wikipedia here for your convenience.

loki
06-19-2008, 08:51 AM
From his book "Audacity Of Hope "There was something about him that made me wary. A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white."

chefmike
06-19-2008, 12:40 PM
From his book "Audacity Of Hope "There was something about him that made me wary. A little too sure of himself, maybe. And white."

So? Even white kids know that you should never trust Whitey.

trish
06-19-2008, 04:32 PM
deleted (sorry loki...mistook you for TYR)

loki
06-24-2008, 10:15 AM
deleted (sorry loki...mistook you for TYR)No problem trish.