PDA

View Full Version : SOOOOOOOOO

NatassiaDreamsXXX
05-30-2008, 08:17 PM
I went to see Sex and the City last night here in San Diego the midnight showing and I was a little dissapointed. The clothes and shoes didnt let me down but the story plot i felt dragged on a little and some points i almost fell asleep. I dont want to ruin it for anyone but please if anyone else has seen it please feel free to post your thoughts and comments, as i am curious to hear other reviews!!!

TS DANIELLE FOXXX
05-30-2008, 08:20 PM
2 1/2 hrs in a movie theater seems a bit excessive...

Tomfurbs
05-30-2008, 08:23 PM
You do realise that for every ticket for the SATC movie sold, a small child is killed in Lahore, right?

BeardedOne
05-30-2008, 09:15 PM
You do realise that for every ticket for the SATC movie sold, a small child is killed in Lahore, right?

I thought it was 'Step on a crack and the post office loses your vote bribe...er...stimulus check'. :shrug

Remember when movies were three hours long because they =HAD= to be, and there was an intermission that acted as the Seventh Inning Stretch for the audience? I last experienced that in Denver, at the Paramount, during a double feature in 1981.

Danielle, is that shoulder tattoo new? I don't recall seeing it before. Very purty.

To the thread:

I've only seen the first season of SATC (I don't have a teevee and get my fix from rentals at the local Blockbuster) and thought it was pretty good. I always enjoyed Chris Noth in Law and Order and have had many a wet dream over Kim Catrall. :) Is the movie a stand-alone story, or would I be best to catch some more of the shows first?

Tomfurbs
05-30-2008, 09:59 PM
B1....check your testicles at the door! :D

SATC is all kinds of awful, as is 'Entourage'.

People aren't like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BeardedOne
05-30-2008, 10:02 PM
B1....check your testicles at the door!

Well, it =is= (As a series) a 'chick flick'. :lol:

Tomfurbs
05-30-2008, 10:13 PM
yeah well....considering you've had more sex with bull-dykes than I've had with straight ladees then I guess you have a lifetime pass.

slinky
05-30-2008, 10:23 PM

At least you don't have to worry about missing the good parts because you run out of quarters. ;)

fhsjazztrumpet2
05-31-2008, 03:40 PM
I went to see Sex and the City last night here in San Diego the midnight showing and I was a little dissapointed. The clothes and shoes didnt let me down but the story plot i felt dragged on a little and some points i almost fell asleep. I dont want to ruin it for anyone but please if anyone else has seen it please feel free to post your thoughts and comments, as i am curious to hear other reviews!!!

Sooo....it's basically exactly like the show then?

JANIRA
05-31-2008, 06:10 PM
I saw it last night too...in "SoBe" and i waited this horrificlly huge line, i was so eager and was looking forward to see what i thought was gonna be a different turn of events in the show and althou it had some minor changes , i was completely disappointed that the story line went back to the same old thing.."Carrie & Big" have a huge falout and then are brought back in love....By a pair of Manolo Blahnik's.. no less..lol . All in all it was entertaining , i felt like i was in a huge living room and was watching a new longer episode of the show...Not so impressed. Althou i had much more fun watching all the Carrie wanna-bes make their way into the line, not to mention all the women who were dressed up as if they have invaded Vogue's accessories closet. lol

SXFX
05-31-2008, 06:18 PM
So you went to a movie to see middle aged women wear designer clothes and shoes? Ah....why not just turn on the style channel?

goldensamba
05-31-2008, 06:26 PM
That show was crap when it was on TV so the movie surely wasn't going ot be any better.

A bunch of neurotic women and their designer clothes......snooze fest.

Well that and the fact that Sarah Jessica Parker is arguably one of the most annoying actresses ever.

JANIRA
05-31-2008, 06:43 PM
I love SJP,, i actually saw her Once and shes kinda friendly, compared to other celebs who are down right snooty....

goldensamba
05-31-2008, 07:07 PM
Janira, can you please stop with that picture? It is very hard to formulate thoughts with that on my screen! :)

JANIRA
05-31-2008, 07:26 PM
...are you getting subliminal messages...loll

goldensamba
05-31-2008, 07:45 PM
...are you getting subliminal messages...loll

Yeah I guess you could call them that. LOL

JANIRA
05-31-2008, 08:09 PM
lol... what are they telling you,,,,

El Nino
05-31-2008, 08:38 PM
How can anybody like that fucking show? It is pointless, useless, diseased, and fake. God, it makes me sick

goldensamba
05-31-2008, 08:54 PM
To stop licking my screen in the spot where your picture is. LOL

Godownunder
06-02-2008, 10:02 AM
That show was crap when it was on TV so the movie surely wasn't going ot be any better.

A bunch of neurotic women and their designer clothes......snooze fest.

Well that and the fact that Sarah Jessica Parker is arguably one of the most annoying actresses ever.

Agree totally GS............waste of money making that show into a movie............