PDA

View Full Version : Would a remake or sequel of ghostbusters work?

Legend
05-26-2008, 05:42 AM
I mean it was a mega hit when it came out and remakes seem to be the new thing now,i'm sure it would make movie,i think if they were to do a sequel i'm sure they can get the old crew together for some kind of plot,maybe they can fight the ghost of saddam hussein lol joking aside they could be usher in a new generation of ghostbusters.

http://i30.tinypic.com/w9tgfn.jpg

fhsjazztrumpet2
05-26-2008, 06:16 AM
Maybe they could make the final confrontations actually you know....exciting?

BrendaQG
05-26-2008, 06:26 AM
nnnNNNNOOOOoooo!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock:

Most hollywood remakes are lame. I can only think of one good remake. Idependence Day was such a good reimagining of "War of the Worlds" that it did not dawn on me at first that it was basically a remake. Most remakes however are really laazy retools of the old plot with actors that suck compared to the originals.

I just know they would screw up my childhood memories of Ghostbusters.

FootFetishGuy
05-26-2008, 06:52 AM
Well here's a little bit of info you might not know about yet Legend. They are making another Ghostbusters sequel. However, it will not be a movie. It will actually be a video game that's due out later this year. That game is suppose to follow the exact storyline that was written for a third ghostbusters movie that was never made. :)

tsntx
05-26-2008, 06:58 AM
Well here's a little bit of info you might not know about yet Legend. They are making another Ghostbusters sequel. However, it will not be a movie. It will actually be a video game that's due out later this year. That game is suppose to follow the exact storyline that was written for a third ghostbusters movie that was never made. :)

thats what i heard too

Legend
05-26-2008, 08:26 AM
I don't know brenda alot of those remakes that sucked have little to do with the original chacters and writers but i have heard that dan ackroyd wants to be a major part of it if they do make a remake,so you never know.

I didn't know that game was going to count as an officially sequel,i was really hoping for a movie though.

GroobySteven
05-26-2008, 09:40 AM
I don't know brenda alot of those remakes that sucked have little to do with the original chacters and writers but i have heard that dan ackroyd wants to be a major part of it if they do make a remake,so you never know.

I didn't know that game was going to count as an officially sequel,i was really hoping for a movie though.

When Dan Aykroyd needs some money, he looks back into his movie career and pulls a sequel out of his ass, usually crappy (Blues Brothers Two) - so watch out for Ghostbusters 3 or even Coneheads 2 if he's desperate.

Willie Escalade
05-26-2008, 10:13 AM
When Dan Aykroyd needs some money, he looks back into his movie career and pulls a sequel out of his ass, usually crappy (Blues Brothers Two) - so watch out for Ghostbusters 3 or even Coneheads 2 if he's desperate.
I wouldn't mind seeing a sequel to Dr. Detroit...seriously. I liked that movie, and there was "supposed" to be a sequel anyway.

BBaggins06
05-26-2008, 02:07 PM
I can only think of one good remake. Idependence Day was such a good reimagining of "War of the Worlds" that it did not dawn on me at first that it was basically a remake.
:puke :puke :puke

ID4 is by far the most unintentionally funny movie ever made. It's horrible if you have a working brain stem. The pictures are pretty though.

BeardedOne
05-26-2008, 03:06 PM
Again? Has Huey Lewis written any other catchy tunes that Ray Parker, Jr. can remake for a new theme? :lol:

BrendaQG
05-26-2008, 05:36 PM
@B1

Exactly! That movie was a movie of the 80's I mean I don't think the world is ready to look back at "Huey Luis and the news" as a cool retro band yet.

People who think this would be a good idea should consider how horrible the latest Terminator was or how bad most of the Bond flicks made since 92 have been. Those titles like Marxism-Leninism should remain on the ash heap of history (to use Ronald Regan's words).

I am sure some struggling screen writers have better ideas and have been shut out by this kind of craptacular thinking.

GroobySteven
05-26-2008, 10:26 PM
....bad most of the Bond flicks made since 92 have been.

Some of the best Bond movies have been made since then ???

Christian Bale has signed on to be John Conner in the next three installments of Terminator.

tsntx
05-26-2008, 10:37 PM

Christian Bale has signed on to be John Conner in the next three installments of Terminator.

TOTALLY AGREE... i would bend over backwards to have sean in his glory days as bond deep in my dr. no area but i thought pierce was an amazing bond and the last 2, tho not my favs... werent bad at all....

batman as john conner however doesnt sound like a great match :(

well see tho

GroobySteven
05-27-2008, 03:48 AM

TOTALLY AGREE... i would bend over backwards to have sean in his glory days as bond deep in my dr. no area but i thought pierce was an amazing bond and the last 2, tho not my favs... werent bad at all....

batman as john conner however doesnt sound like a great match :(

well see tho

Bale should be great in Terminator for that role. Ever see him in Reign of Fire (similar premise - end of world/apocolypse leader role).

Legend
05-27-2008, 04:46 AM
Damn they are still trying to milk that terminator franchise the last movies were freakin horrible and bale wtf the guy is so bland and boring for such a role,he almost killed the batman franchise.

GroobySteven
05-27-2008, 04:55 AM
Legend - your so un-informed.
Check the numbers on the last Batman movie and watch out for them on this coming one - killed it !?!

Bruce Wayne IS dull and boring.

You think Terminator 2 is horrible?

Go and watch Christian Bale in a decent movie, go and re-watch Terminator 2 - otherwise, go and watch a whale getting chucked around.

BrendaQG
05-27-2008, 04:58 AM
@seanchai

Sorry but "Die another day", and "The world is not enough" don't really even compare to "Goldfinger", "From Russia With Love", or even "live and let die"? The Terminator also drew off the mood of the times. A mood that we just don't have anymore. That being a grim acceptance of what seemed to be the inevitable World war III that would destroy us all soon enough... The hope being that some spy or just a normal person could somehow avoid that.

At least that is how I thought of those movies back when I first saw them in the 80's. Now they just don't have the punch they used to to me.

I'm sure they will at least have some nice action and be visually stunning but as far as any more meaning or substance I don't see how.

Legend
05-27-2008, 05:04 AM
Legend - your so un-informed.
Check the numbers on the last Batman movie and watch out for them on this coming one - killed it !?!

Bruce Wayne IS dull and boring.

You think Terminator 2 is horrible?

Go and watch Christian Bale in a decent movie, go and re-watch Terminator 2 - otherwise, go and watch a whale getting chucked around.

Sorry i meant that last movie and that tv series was horrible t2 was awesome.Bruce wayne is a character with charm and charisma something i feel bale didn't bring to the franchise.

GroobySteven
05-27-2008, 05:28 AM
Maybe he didn't bring it - like Michael Keaton or Val Kilmers acting (huh!?!) - but you've just stated that he "almost killed the Batman" franchise.
He's been the best Batman we've had, much closer the "Legends of the Dark Knight" or Frank Miller's style of Batman than a comical character.

The Terminator TV show was wank but what would you expect? If the movie is done well, in the future, we've glimpsed, which I'd expect (so it won't be a re-hash of the other movies), Bale is good casting.

GroobySteven
05-27-2008, 05:34 AM
@seanchai

Sorry but "Die another day", and "The world is not enough" don't really even compare to "Goldfinger", "From Russia With Love", or even "live and let die"? The Terminator also drew off the mood of the times. A mood that we just don't have anymore. That being a grim acceptance of what seemed to be the inevitable World war III that would destroy us all soon enough... The hope being that some spy or just a normal person could somehow avoid that.

At least that is how I thought of those movies back when I first saw them in the 80's. Now they just don't have the punch they used to to me.

I'm sure they will at least have some nice action and be visually stunning but as far as any more meaning or substance I don't see how.

Well I'm not sure where you got meaning or substance in the Terminator movies, they're plot driven action sci-fic.

RE: James Bond. Well I'd agree that the new movies mightened live up to some of the older ones (what could), those older movies if first shown today, wouldn't stand a chance. The way we few cinema has changed.
You chose 1992 as a stopping point. So you think the Brosnan's (all of which were excellent) and the latest Bond movie were inferior to both of Dalton's travesties and View to a Kill ??? Or Octopussy?

sidrat910
05-28-2008, 03:11 AM
Concerning a new Ghostbusters film, the last I heard Dan Aykroyd finally issued a statement that a third film was not going to happen and he is now retired from filmmaking, unfortunately. I was and still am a huge fan and would have liked to have seen it made. I believe it was supposed to be titled, Ghostbusters In Hell, with the plot revolving around the guys traveling to Hell, which is an alternate version of New York, to stop an invasion of escaped souls. If that is the basis for the game, it could be good. I also read that Bill Murray was a bit wishy washy about being involved. One day he'd say he was open to it, the next, he'd change his mind. Of course, Dan, Bill, Harold, and Ernie are a lot older now and would probably be involved more peripherally, making way for younger comedic actors to take over. Still, never say never.

A few favorite quotes:

1. "That's a big Twinkie."

2. "Let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown."

3. "Mother pus bucket!"