PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Traveled to Buenos Aires Argentina recently?

Ted_N_GA
05-25-2008, 04:19 AM
I have been in serious workaholic mode lately.

Traveling for work I have tons of points available and thought of burning some of them on a trip someplace I haven't been to before, later this summer. I have seen that Buenos Aires, Argentina is rated as a reasonably priced travel destination versus the dollar. (Reason Europe is out).

Has anyone been to Buenos Aires recently?
How is the crime rate? Safe for Americans? Do they hate Americans like the rest of the world seems to lately? Customs/Immigration into Argentina a pain in the ass? I don't speak anything other than English, am I in for trouble language wise? Safe for a person traveling alone?

If you have been: I am thinking of staying at the Marriott:
Marriott Plaza Hotel Buenos Aires
https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/buear-marriott-plaza-hotel-buenos-aires/

How is this hotel?

I am a Delta frequent flyer. How is Delta's first class out of Atlanta?

Anything else to watch out for or advise you can give?

And in case you are wondering....No I am not going for a "booty call" trip. Really a see a different part of the world trip, Away from work!. Although I might just have to take a sexy girl with me. Just need to find one with a passport. <smile>

Thanks!

josephshmoe
05-25-2008, 08:05 AM
I just got back from a trip from ATL to BA (via Miami to get frequent flier miles) and had a fantastic time. I was on a family trip, so mongering was out of the question (although the girls there looked amazing). I recommend your renting a luxury apartment over a hotel- nicer place, better value and more privacy. The best rental source is apartmentsba.com. I think that the Palermo area has a lot more character and activity than Recoleta. The food was fantastic, especially the steak. Prices were a bargain for everything- best travel deal I've ever had (love those $8 tenderloins!) Go see a Boca Juniors soccer game if you can. Great vacation destination- highly recommended.