PDA

View Full Version : Ever dated someone with mental disorder?

sucka4chix
05-17-2008, 11:57 PM
Has anyone ever dated someone diagnosed with a mental disorder, like OCD or bi-polar disorder? Is it possible? Can it work? I slept with a girl who was bi-polar; the most difficult piece of ass I ever got. Afterwards she wanted to be my GF, but I was like "no way I could deal w/ this on the regular". Went out w/ a chick w/ OCD, who I really like, but if you get her out of her routine, she gets angry, even evil. How can a relationship work like that?

thezodiac
05-18-2008, 12:00 AM
I've dated a couple of possibly certifiable crazy women. Does that count?

Aunt Kay
05-18-2008, 12:51 AM
Long ago before I crossed the gender line, I was married to a woman who had borderline personality disorder. I didn't even know what that was at the time. It's basically a person who screws up their whole life and everyone around them constantly and blames it all on everyone else. Yes, she screwed up our lives, ran up huge credit card balances, and ended up fucking around with two of my co-workers. Of course the whole thing was my fault. Then she filed for divorce. Since then,she was married two more times and put both those guys in the poor house. It took me a few years but I did recover. I hate thinking how much money it cost me and many years of unhappiness I spent with her. Being alone has it's advantages.

sucka4chix
05-18-2008, 01:24 AM
Being alone has it's advantages.

Yeah I think I'm gonna start embracing that idea.

slinky
05-18-2008, 01:29 AM
I only date girls with mental disorders (bipolar is my favorite).

lpell
05-18-2008, 01:29 AM
Exclusively date mental disorder divas is more like it. show me normalcy i'll show you insanity

Aunt Kay
05-18-2008, 02:25 AM
Exclusively date mental disorder divas is more like it. show me normalcy i'll show you insanity

Just don't marry them or you'll be working 2 jobs to pay off the credit cards. And while you are working, she'll be humping your friends.

BeardedOne
05-18-2008, 02:54 AM

NOW you guyz understand where I'm coming from. :soapbox

Over a twenty year timespan I had more than a hundred-fifty lovers (Male, female, TS, IS, 'tweeners'), the lion's share of which were GGs and a significant percentage of those were in-FUCKING-sane. :x

Many were affected by rape or molestation in their life (I sure know how to pick 'em) so there were insecurity and trust issues, a couple were certifiable schizophrenics (So there was always some question of exactly =who= I was with at the time), gender dysphoria, homosexuality (Male and female), OCD, bipolar...

ARRRGGGHHHH! :angry

I've actually had psych majors interview me for their studies/thesis, as much for how I tick as for who/what I date.

Advice: Save your pennies for the big score and Eros is your friend.

sucka4chix
05-18-2008, 03:23 AM
Many were affected by rape or molestation in their life (I sure know how to pick 'em) so there were insecurity and trust issues, a couple were certifiable schizophrenics (So there was always some question of exactly =who= I was with at the time), gender dysphoria, homosexuality (Male and female), OCD, bipolar...
Advice: Save your pennies for the big score and Eros is your friend.
See that's my problem--- I fall for these model type women and most of 'em have been tampered with (raped or molested). It really sickens me that grown men ruin kids for life because they're sick perverts. It's not the girls' fault they act the way they do, but that doesn't make it any easier to deal with. Being naive, I thought all it took was someone to really care for them, but you really need a degree on psychology! So sad 'cause this last girl was so awesome when her mind was right. I want to keep trying, but I know she's a lost cause.

peggygee
05-18-2008, 03:24 AM
If they were managing their issues either through medication or therapy,
I would consider it.

lpell
05-18-2008, 03:41 AM
just don't like them

slinky
05-18-2008, 05:18 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgzREP4US0Y

hippifried
05-18-2008, 08:35 AM
I went out with a T-girl who told me she was bi-polar, but she lied. She only had one dick.

Chuck
05-18-2008, 12:54 PM
Yes, I have dated a few -- GG and TS. I never went into a relationship acknowledging or realizing that the bitch was crazy, but I came out on the other end realizing what I had done (to myself) because I still loved them.

Be careful and good luck. DO NOT follow your heart on this matter. Listen to your mind. People who need professional help seldom know that until it's nearly too late and by the time they finally get there they blame everyone who was in ther life -- aside from immiediate family -- for not having recognized their condition.

chefmike
05-19-2008, 04:29 AM
Has anyone ever dated someone diagnosed with a mental disorder...?

I can't say for certain that I've ever dated anyone without a mental disorder...which probably explains a lot...

HornieHubbieinCT
05-19-2008, 05:59 AM
I don't think I've dated any girls with mental problems, but they certainly have....

:roll: HH

2754tim
05-19-2008, 10:00 AM
I only go out with women who are crazier then I am....

DaLonelyGuyNJ
05-19-2008, 11:05 PM
Having dated a GG with BPD was something I never want to involve myself with again. In fact she was the person who pretty much assured me of the fact that I will never involve myself with a GG again.

You need to listen to your mind and not your heart and you also need to be sure that the person is honest with you. If they are upfront and are in treatment for their condition and it is managed, there is no reason why you can have a productive life together. They keys here....HONESTY and COMMUNICATION!