PDA

View Full Version : Rev. Wright NAACP speech

Alyssa87
04-28-2008, 10:59 PM
although i've noticed a bit of racist sentiment on this board.
(when not referring to big black cock)...

i figured some of u guys may want to see this if u didnt catch it last night.

http://www.hiphopmusic.com/2008/04/rev_wright_naacp_speech_video.html

he lost me on a few topics, but i have to agree with him on most of his points. and he IS a great speaker... moving.

Legend
04-29-2008, 12:37 AM
"moving" lol sure,he could have used that time to explain his hateful words that were taken out of context but he didn't.This guy is going to be the fall of obama and i doubt he cares.

Alyssa87
04-29-2008, 01:46 AM
Do you really think American voters are stupid enough to believe Obama is his follower?

Hes already 'denounced' his words publically, and we saw (and still see) it all over the news. What more can he do? Kill him?

Furthermore, i wish i could say the Wright was as off the mark as he is known to be. I agree with a good deal of what he said and believes.

But i'm not a middle aged/class white suburbanite, so who cares? :shrug

ottorocket
04-29-2008, 02:10 AM
Just so we're clear on what Rev "The United States of KKK" Wright has been quoted as saying.

– September 2001: “The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. The government lied.”

– September 2001: “We bombed Hiroshima. We bombed Nagasaki. And we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon and we never batted an eye.”

– September 2001: “We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because of stuff we have done overseas is now brought back into our own backyard. America is chickens coming home to roost.”

– April 2003: “The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes three-strike laws and wants them to sing God Bless America. No! No No! God **** America … for killing innocent people. God **** America for threatening citizens as less than humans. God **** America as long as she tries to act like she is God and supreme.”

– December 2007: “Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich, white people. Hillary would never know that.”

– December 2007: “Hillary ain’t never been called a n***8r. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.”

– Jan. 13, 2008: “Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.”

– “Fact number one: We’ve got more black men in prison than there are in college. … Fact number two: Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run.”

– “We are deeply involved in the importing of drugs, the exporting of guns and the training of professional killers. … We believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God. … We conducted radiation experiments on our own people. … We care nothing about human life if the ends justify the means.
And … And … And! God! Has got! To be sick! Of this sh*t!”

tg4me
04-29-2008, 02:33 AM
fun to listen to, but if a white person said those words, many would be after their head and job.

I'm voting for Obama. I wish the Rev. would put away his ego and shut the fuck up. He just has to be in the limelight. He's giving the Clintons an excuse to steal the nomination.

Legend
04-29-2008, 02:38 AM
Do you really think American voters are stupid enough to believe Obama is his follower?

In politics you are guilty by association and wright has shown to be a racist ignorant bigot.

Hes already 'denounced' his words publically, and we saw (and still see) it all over the news. What more can he do? Kill him?

Why doesn't he tell wright kindly tell wright not to speak of him any more when he does one of those 100 plate speeches.Wright nows he is bringing down obama but he can care less as long as he is getting attention.

Furthermore, i wish i could say the Wright was as off the mark as he is known to be. I agree with a good deal of what he said and believes.

But i'm not a middle aged/class white suburbanite, so who cares?

Not all african americans agree with or share any of wrights beliefs or comments.Wright thinks he is martin lurther king jr. but luther used love and compassion not hate and ignorance.

thx1138
04-29-2008, 05:10 PM
The latest: http://www.nydailynews.com/opinions/columnists/louis/index.html

thx1138
04-29-2008, 05:11 PM
on tribalism: http://www.life-of-science.net/biology/feature/double-standards-as-biological-principle.html

flabbybody
04-29-2008, 05:47 PM
Wright should stay in his house and not go out until after November cause all he's accomplishing by showing his face in public is making it likely that McCain will be the next president. maybe that's his secret agenda

CORVETTEDUDE
04-29-2008, 05:48 PM
I don't care what his color, or religion are....The guy is a Bigoted, Over Righteous ASS!

ILuvGurls
04-29-2008, 06:36 PM
I don't care what his color, or religion are....The guy is a Bigoted, Over Righteous ASS!

:claps :claps

longhorn
04-29-2008, 08:30 PM
I'm so tired of rev. wright this guy totally has his head up his ass and is trying to use senator obama to get his 15 minutes of fame. point made this dude's a jerk-off

Ziggy33
04-29-2008, 08:54 PM
It's almost like he's working for the Clintons. He himself is driving Obama right into the ground. I personally don't want my next presidents ear to be directly linked to that moron of a preachers ignorant mouth.

Quinn
04-29-2008, 09:40 PM
What a complete tool. I really don't understand how anyone can take this clown seriously.

-Quinn

goldensamba
04-29-2008, 10:08 PM
It's almost like he's working for the Clintons. He himself is driving Obama right into the ground. I personally don't want my next presidents ear to be directly linked to that moron of a preachers ignorant mouth.

In that case you can't vote for any of them. McCain has Hagee who said the flood in New Orleans was God punishing the people for their sins.

Prager asked Hagee about statements he made to National Public Radio in 2006. Here's the partial transcript:

PRAGER: Right, but in the case, did NPR get, is this quote correct though that in the case of New Orleans you do feel it was sin?

HAGEE: In the case of New Orleans, their plan to have that homosexual rally was sin. But it never happened. The rally never happened.

PRAGER: No, I understand.

HAGEE: It was scheduled that Monday.

PRAGER: No, I'm only trying to understand that in the case of New Orleans, you do feel that God's hand was in it because of a sinful city?

HAGEE: That it was a city that was planning a sinful conduct, yes.

Ziggy33
04-29-2008, 10:22 PM
[quote=Ziggy33]It's almost like he's working for the Clintons. He himself is driving Obama right into the ground. I personally don't want my next presidents ear to be directly linked to that moron of a preachers ignorant mouth.

'In that case you can't vote for any of them. McCain has Hagee who said the flood in New Orleans was God punishing the people for their sins.'

Exactly, I don't care for any of the candidates. Scary times my friend!!

BeardedOne
04-29-2008, 10:38 PM

Um...Yessss. Puh-leeze, we are dealing with an electorate that gleefully votes according to who gives them the most candy (Case in point: The previous "Economic Stimulus Package"). While I have leanings to McCain (And I'm a card-carrying democratitarian), it's a sure bet that the party bought the contest at $600 a head.

Historical example is that of the late monarchy/autocracy of Imperial Russia, that was brought to its knees and its demise by the attentions that the Tsarina Alexandra, payed to the lunacies of the 'Mad Monk' Rasputin. Her constant shifts in administration (She made all state decisions while Nicholas II was at the front during WWI), based on the advice she received from Rasputin destroyed the stability of state and drove the country first to civil war, then to revolution, then to decades of political and social atrophy.

If Obama should take the White House (And I have little doubt that he could do so or be capable of holding the office), Wright has the capability to become his 'Mad Monk' and his eventual undoing.

Though I am principally a Democrat (Assuming I must pigeon-hole myself into a particular party or mindset), I believe that Obama is dangerous, Hillary is a conniving bitch with her own agenda (As yet unknown), and that McCain is the only sincere candidate for the post.

God help me...If I lived in Florida (The only state that counts), I might vote Repub this round.

SugaSweet
04-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Rev Wrong should run with David Duke.Not that he would be a decent candidate,but just that his fat black ass needs to lose some weight to fit into those hand sewn church robes he be wearing.I guess one poster finds something wrong with being white and middle class,and that one poster is just your generic ghetto bitch.

innavoice
04-29-2008, 11:20 PM
Just so we're clear on what Rev "The United States of KKK" Wright has been quoted as saying.

– September 2001: “The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. The government lied.”

– September 2001: “We bombed Hiroshima. We bombed Nagasaki. And we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon and we never batted an eye.”

– September 2001: “We have supported state terrorism against the Palestinians and black South Africans, and now we are indignant because of stuff we have done overseas is now brought back into our own backyard. America is chickens coming home to roost.”

– April 2003: “The government gives them the drugs, builds bigger prisons, passes three-strike laws and wants them to sing God Bless America. No! No No! God **** America … for killing innocent people. God **** America for threatening citizens as less than humans. God **** America as long as she tries to act like she is God and supreme.”

– December 2007: “Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich, white people. Hillary would never know that.”

– December 2007: “Hillary ain’t never been called a n***8r. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.”

– Jan. 13, 2008: “Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.”

– “Fact number one: We’ve got more black men in prison than there are in college. … Fact number two: Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run.”

– “We are deeply involved in the importing of drugs, the exporting of guns and the training of professional killers. … We believe in white supremacy and black inferiority and believe it more than we believe in God. … We conducted radiation experiments on our own people. … We care nothing about human life if the ends justify the means.

Just for the record.....(because i've been asking folks since months BEFORE this hit the press....) Obama aside,what exactly did he say that was so far-fetched.....? Seriously.

S6XN9NE
04-29-2008, 11:25 PM
Living in Chicago, having read his two books, I have been a big Obama fan for quite sometime. I have also said that it isn't Barack who will stumble and bring him down, it will be that African Amercian "soul patrol" around him that at first questioned if he was "black enough" and now are surrounding him as a black man under attack. Here in Chicago, we are inundated with talk like Rev. Wright spews. It seems that it is a test of your "blackness" to be anti; Government, Police, Military, white establishment, media and just all around "they". The young man has and will have to keep on condemn this type of talk......

dave252
04-29-2008, 11:32 PM
I kept hearing mr wright on how we must treat each other, how we must treat non christian nations, how we must treat others that are differant than ourselves, but bashed those that he dislikes or disagrees with him. he is hypocrit, plain and simple. i can only imagine what our black brothers and sisters have endured in this country, but his retoric endangers the progress made the last few decades. he is a disgrace to ALL clergy. He is suppose to be a man of healing, a man of God, a man trying to heal the wounds created by hate, instead he spews hatred and teaches his flock hatred. We all know that this country has a long history of racism, it can only be healed by all peoples coming together and respecting one another. How does his words do this? Its one thing to point out the wrongs this country has done, but in the manner he is doing it is just alienating everyone.

Alyssa87
04-29-2008, 11:39 PM
(CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama said he is "outraged" by comments his former minister, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright,
made Monday at the National Press Club and is "saddened by the spectacle."

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/04/29/obama.wright/index.html

underdog6
04-29-2008, 11:53 PM
God i hope he keeps it up. He's sinking Obama. And i don't want a preident that will bend over for terrorists.

Alyssa87
04-30-2008, 12:05 AM
God i hope he keeps it up. He's sinking Obama. And i don't want a preident that will bend over for terrorists.

do you not bend over for shemales? :P

underdog6
04-30-2008, 12:12 AM

Only for a lovely lady like you. :P

Alyssa87
04-30-2008, 12:14 AM

Only for a lovely lady like you. :P

good answer :claps

Legend
04-30-2008, 12:22 AM
(CNN) -- Sen. Barack Obama said he is "outraged" by comments his former minister, the Rev. Jeremiah Wright,

He should have said that at first when wright was bought into the media,he is really started to sound like hillary a typical politician,saying things that he thinks people want to hear.

dc_guy_75
04-30-2008, 12:49 AM
he lost me on a few topics, but i have to agree with him on most of his points. and he IS a great speaker... moving.

Alyssa,
I usually agree with most of your points, but the NAACP speech was filled with extreme ignorance. Wright even imitated and mocked JFK and Lyndon Johnson's regional dialect.
The speech the next day at the National Press club was even worse, and he displayed his profound ignorance even more... (AIDS was created by the gov't, his defense of Farrakhan etc)... the crowd hoot and hollered the moderator.
I don't know the reasons why he wants to destroy Obama's candidicy, I think he:
1. Wants to sell (soon to be written) books
2. Is simply jealous of Obama's rise
3. Thinks its in his best interests for Obama to lose (so his message still retains its meaning)
Ironically. those soundbites from last month seem to actually sum up his worldview.

trish
04-30-2008, 01:34 AM

He should have said that at first when wright was bought into the media,he is really started to sound like hillary a typical politician,saying things that he thinks people want to hear.

Actually, I rather admired Obama's first comments on Wright a month ago. I didn't think it was at all a typical politician's response. It would have been more politic to distance himself immediately. But Obama personalized the moment and showed himself to be big enough to span the supposed divide between Wright's world and the world of the 21st century. Unfortunately Wright is just too far behind the times; too wrapped up in his own exposure; too enamoured of his own causes to see the bigger picture and the proper course of action. Even though I'm not religious, I personally regret that Obama is forced to renounce the reverend. Many of the things he holds, though inflamatory, are true. We did afterall nuke Japan and didn't bat an eye. We did and do support state sponsered torture, depending on the state. But Wright, like thx, is also a bit of a conspiracy lunatic. Now there's nothing wrong, thx, with being a conspiracy lunatic...unless you're a black preacher of a major Chicago church and pastor to a favored candidate for the presidency of the U.S.

User
04-30-2008, 01:38 AM
Just for the record.....(because i've been asking folks since months BEFORE this hit the press....) Obama aside, what exactly did he say that was so far-fetched.....? Seriously.

I agree. There was a lot of truth in what he said.

Legend
04-30-2008, 02:19 AM

Actually, I rather admired Obama's first comments on Wright a month ago. I didn't think it was at all a typical politician's response. It would have been more politic to distance himself immediately. But Obama personalized the moment and showed himself to be big enough to span the supposed divide between Wright's world and the world of the 21st century. Unfortunately Wright is just too far behind the times; too wrapped up in his own exposure; too enamoured of his own causes to see the bigger picture and the proper course of action. Even though I'm not religious, I personally regret that Obama is forced to renounce the reverend. Many of the things he holds, though inflamatory, are true. We did afterall nuke Japan and didn't bat an eye. We did and do support state sponsered torture, depending on the state. But Wright, like thx, is also a bit of a conspiracy lunatic. Now there's nothing wrong, thx, with being a conspiracy lunatic...unless you're a black preacher of a major Chicago church and pastor to a favored candidate for the presidency of the U.S.

I agree it wasn't the typical politicians respond but you have to admit it hurt him that he didn't flat out denounced him,it might made him look different but it hurt him with some voters.Why would you regret that he has to denouced a hateful person like wright,i don't care if he is like family he preaches nothing but hate if anyone in my family preached hate i wouldn't have a problem distancing myself from them.

Wright is nothing more then a nutcase trying to make money off the situation and could care less about obama,wright has to pay for his multi-million dollar house that is far,far away from the poor people his speeches are targeted at some kind of way

dc_guy_75
04-30-2008, 02:47 AM
References to the nuking of Japan are bothersome.

Verses what? A ground invasion would've cost many, many more civilian Japanese and American lives.

Its awful it happened, but the alternative was much worse.

solsoul
04-30-2008, 02:57 AM

And what part of these statements isn't true? :lol:

"References to the nuking of Japan are bothersome"

Not nearly as bothersome as being on the receiving end of those nukes. We didn't nuke Germany, why is that?

solsoul
04-30-2008, 02:58 AM

dc_guy_75
04-30-2008, 03:04 AM
"Not nearly as bothersome as being on the receiving end of those nukes. We didn't nuke Germany, why is that?"

Germany surrendered before an atomic bomb could be deployed.

I doubt the US would've had any qualms nuking Berlin, they'd do it in a heartbeat.

solsoul
04-30-2008, 03:08 AM
"Not nearly as bothersome as being on the receiving end of those nukes. We didn't nuke Germany, why is that?"

Germany surrendered before the atomic bomb was invented.

Ok, so why the overkill of not one but TWO cities. Easy, because to the anglo american the Japanese was considered less than human. Sacrificing our soldiers in a war they are trained and prepared to fight is worse than sacrificing the innocent civilians in these cities in our book. Brilliant justification.

underdog6
04-30-2008, 03:13 AM

Ok, so why the overkill of not one but TWO cities. Easy, because to the anglo american the Japanese was considered less than human. Sacrificing our soldiers in a war they are trained and prepared to fight is worse than sacrificing the innocent civilians in these cities in our book. Brilliant justification.

Did you sleep during school? The Japanese refused to surrender after the first bomb.

dc_guy_75
04-30-2008, 03:17 AM
After an intense war with the Axis powers, it wasn't in US's best interest to sacrifice American soldiers.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki forced a surrender at relatively little cost. A land invasion would've resulted in more causalities.

The Rape of Nanking in reverse..

solsoul
04-30-2008, 03:20 AM

Did you sleep during school? The Japanese refused to surrender after the first bomb.

I don't trust everything I read in a high school history primer. According to those texts, the pilgrims brought a bounty from Europe that saved the native americans from starvation and Africans had no discernible language or culture until the gracious white man brought his guns and bibles.

The point is that Rev. Wright's views don't make him any less American. In fact, they make him more American, for we are supposedly built on a tradition of challenging authority when it proves to be tyrannous. In fact, to walk lockstep with the decisions of a government that is supposed to be for the people but trounces on the rights of those people the government finds inconvenient is spineless, blind jingosim that does nothing to strengthen our country.

Also, its a mistake to take everything Wright says as something Obama internalizes. If you want to know Obama's take on racial politics in America, he has written two books, I am sure your local library has a copy by now.

dc_guy_75
04-30-2008, 03:33 AM
The point is that Rev. Wright's views don't make him any less American. In fact, they make him more American, for we are supposedly built on a tradition of challenging authority when it proves to be tyrannous...

I couldn't agree more, the Bush administration has become as close to "tyrannous" as we've seen in a long time.

My issue is with Wright is that he's speaking to a low common denominator... wallowing in conspiracy, paranoia, ignorance. He can join Sharpton/Farrakhan/later Jesse Jackson in the realm of corrupt preachers.

trish
04-30-2008, 03:50 AM
We don’t have much to disagree about, Legend, but as an exercise for myself I thought I’d try to answer your question,
Why would you regret that he has to denouced a hateful person like wright. Having listened to the NAACP speech and the Bill Moyer’s interview, it seems to me that Wright is not a hateful figure, but a tragic figure. You have to remember he is a man of the sixties. He has seen the trials of segregation and the struggle against first hand. He evolved a theologico-politico (I’m coining words here)world-view that grew from that context. His church and his life projects are born of that theology, entwined with it. Many of the tribulations that he fought against for a lifetime still plague the impoverished residents of Chicago. His anger is real and I think justified. Do not mistake anger for hatred. Never-the-less, Wright has lived with these problems for so long that he has become obsessed with his anger. His anger has twisted his logic and blurred his political vision. To have done what he has done with his life. To have been a Marine, joined the Navy to become a pulmonary technician, gone home and grow a church in Chicago that has done and is still doing so much good. To have done all that is something to be admired. To have fallen in the end, trapped by his own ego and anger, I think is tragic. Oh he’s not Prince Hamlet. And he definitely shouldn’t advise the Prince. But he’s no easy tool; and certainly not deferential (okay enough literary allusions, I’ll stop).

Hostile
04-30-2008, 03:58 AM
The rev Wright is a piece of shit, he is as racist and a trouble maker. He is a black David Duke. your all nuts . Yes we are ready for a black president but Obama is not the one, he is an Abomination. You fools that believe the bullshit that the government made up aids just to kill blacks and George Bush blew up the towers ect ect ect are all FUCKING MINDLESS FOOLS. Obama is a sweet talker and bullshit artist. If a white guy said 1/10 shit the rev Wright has said , there would be uproars.Obama has partied & made close friends with terrorist , sided with scum of the earth like the rev Wright and was raised by whites. He is a joke, I cant believe you fools think he would make a good leader, your all fucked in the head.

NO Wright is not a racist, calling italians garlic noses isnt race hating, just like calling blacks niggers isnt race hating..NOT! Get real your an idiot too

underdog6
04-30-2008, 04:05 AM
The rev Wright is a piece of shit, he is as racist and a trouble maker. He is a black David Duke. your all nuts . Yes we are ready for a black president but Obama is not the one, he is an Abomination. You fools that believe the bullshit that the government made up aids just to kill blacks and George Bush blew up the towers ect ect ect are all FUCKING MINDLESS FOOLS. Obama is a sweet talker and bullshit artist. If a white guy said 1/10 shit the rev Wright has said , there would be uproars.Obama has partied & made close friends with terrorist , sided with scum of the earth like the rev Wright and was raised by whites. He is a joke, I cant believe you fools think he would make a good leader, your all fucked in the head.

NO Wright is not a racist, calling italians garlic noses isnt race hating, just like calling blacks niggers isnt race hating..NOT! Get real your an idiot too

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

Realgirls4me
04-30-2008, 04:09 AM
Let me see if I have this right? There is a war going on, with the country deeper in debt and lower in standing due to that colossal fuck-up; the economy is in the hole; gas prices are through the roof; people are losing their homes(Wall Street got a hand out, though) due to the mortgage crisis; tens of millions of Americans are still without healthcare; cuts are being made to education -- EDUCATION -- here in California, and on and on and on. With all those problems on our plate, most of you are consumed by what a reverend said? A reverend who has had much of what he said taken out of context, and whose friendships and congregation also include whites? I'm curious: Just how many of you jumping on the anti-Wright bus have ever even been to an African-American church, or familiar with Black Liberation theology? How many of you are forming your views on Wright based on more than 10 second sound bites? How many of you have bonded with a person, only to have that relationship come apart after that person unraveled in ways that harmed you and that you could not foresee? See a pattern?
Yes, Wright said some things that I don't agree with (AIDS conspiracy, etc), but since when is criticizing one's country equated with hating one's country? How is being on the receiving end of an American missile in Iraq not inflicting terror? What part of the Tuskegee experiment wasn't true? Show me that "hate", and if it is hate, how, for example, is that "hate" anything equal to what Conservative talk radio dispenses everyday in their collective defense of this odious, incompetent administration? I find it completely disconcerting, if not appalling, that in a country founded on dissent, is constantly redefining what dissent is permitted or by whom. Hatred? Do any of you applying the hypocritical, simplistic Bill O'Reilly/Legend shortcut line of reasoning and viewing of the world to this matter also apply this thought process to the niece you just chastised for playing in the street? Was that founded on hatred, or is that a different thing?
Finally, how many of you who are criticizing the reverend, or Obama, are posting threads on the Bush connection to the oil industry/concerns(the Saudi family is one) giving the price we are paying at the pump right now? Isn't that more pressing? How many of you are equally examining John McCain's controversial endorsements, if not his numerous flip-flops, gaffes, and dishonesty?

... One more thing: We, the United States, actually killed more Japanese through all the carpet bombing administered right before we dropped the bomb. The a-bomb was just an exclamation point as was Dresden. One thing you also won't find on many high school history books, is why the Japanese attacked this country ... oh, yeah, they "hated" us. :roll:

Realgirls4me
04-30-2008, 04:10 AM

No, no, no. You're a joke. YOU'RE A JOKE.

Felicia Katt
04-30-2008, 04:10 AM

After an intense war with the Axis powers, it wasn't in US's best interest to sacrifice American soldiers.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki forced a surrender at relatively little cost. A land invasion would've resulted in more causalities.

The Rape of Nanking in reverse..

Never batted, and apparently still not batting, an eye,
and turning a blind one to the fact that we are the only nation to ever use nuclear weapons, and we did so on a first strike basis against civilian targets.

If that isn't a damnable thing for a country to do, I don't know what is.

FK

trish
04-30-2008, 04:18 AM
Very well reasoned, Hostile. Let me see if I got the gist of it: Obama is an abomination because he had a friend who expounds worn out conspiracy theories.

Hostile
04-30-2008, 04:20 AM
Go live over seas, your all fucking pathetic, they bombed us first Pearl Harbor , innocent people too. Lol Obama is on TV right now saying the rev "Wright is wrong and his rants are none truths" thats an exact quote. If your going to Quote Wright how about the government making up aids to kill blacks? what about that the evil white people, what about that shit. Your all bleeding hearts, you should live somewhere else and watch how fast your sorry asses come running back.

Rev Wright says "the white government released aids in the black community " and how about "god damn the usa" .how about that, Obama's people are begging Wright to shut up

Realgirls4me
04-30-2008, 04:26 AM
For dumbfucks such as Hostile, watch the MORON on this video stumble and spin to no end. Pay particular attention to what he says at 1:17. That should bother everyone here, particularly how many Americans have been killed this month, not to mention Iraqis, a lot more than what a reverend with very little influence has to say.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-c8Bf8LWWk

Priorities, Gracie?

Hostile
04-30-2008, 04:31 AM
Girl what does that have to do with Obama looking pale white in the faceand almost shuddering 10 mins ago on tv saying the rev Wright is ranting untrue lies , Obama's people are trying desperately hard to Shut the good rev up.

And Mr.Trick Realgirls4me , I have someone in my family who died in this war , you know nothing about shit, fucking pussy.

trish
04-30-2008, 04:32 AM
Go live over seas

Yeah, I know the code. It means go back to Africa. Well I'm right here in the heartland you fucking bigot and you'll have to do more than ask if you want to get rid of me.

Felicia Katt
04-30-2008, 04:35 AM
The rev Wright is a piece of shit, he is as racist and a trouble maker. He is a black David Duke. your all nuts .
Does this sound like a piece of shit?

In 1961, a young African-American man, after hearing President John F. Kennedy's challenge to, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country," gave up his student deferment, left college in Virginia and voluntarily joined the Marines.

In 1963, this man, having completed his two years of service in the Marines, volunteered again to become a Navy corpsman. (They provide medical assistance to the Marines as well as to Navy personnel.)
The man did so well in corpsman school that he was the valedictorian and became a cardiopulmonary technician. Not surprisingly, he was assigned to the Navy's premier medical facility, Bethesda Naval Hospital, as a member of the commander in chief's medical team, and helped care for President Lyndon B. Johnson after his 1966 surgery. For his service on the team, which he left in 1967, the White House awarded him three letters of commendation.

No, this is what a piece of shit sounds like:

David Duke joined the Ku Klux Klan in 1967.

Duke studied at Louisiana State University in Baton Rouge and in 1970, he formed a White student group named the White Youth Alliance, which was affiliated with the National Socialist White People's Party. He became well-known for a demonstration in which he appeared in Nazi dress. While picketing and holding parties on the anniversary of the birth of Adolf Hitler, he became famous on campus for wearing a Nazi uniform.

Duke graduated from LSU in 1974. The year of his graduation, he formed the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan.
Duke published his autobiography My Awakening: A Path to Racial Understanding in 1998. The book details Duke's social philosophies, especially his reasoning behind racial separation. In the book, Duke says:

We (white nationalists) desire to live in our own neighborhoods, go to our own schools, work in our own cities and towns, and ultimately live as one extended family in our own nation. We shall end the racial genocide of integration. We shall work for the eventual establishment of a separate homeland for African Americans, so each race will be free to pursue its own destiny without racial conflicts and ill will.[

if you think they are comparable, you don't know shit from shinola

FK

Hostile
04-30-2008, 04:36 AM
lol Trish you pathetic mess , how do you equate that with go back to Africa, I do not even know or care if your black , white or whatever. But, if you feel like going to Africa go there watch what they do to a mess in a dress like you. Overseas mean anywhere but here asswipes.

Hostile
04-30-2008, 04:39 AM
David Duke is a piece of shit just like Rev Wright, same shit different race.

Realgirls4me
04-30-2008, 04:43 AM
Girl what does that have to do with Obama looking pale white in the faceand almost shuddering 10 mins ago on tv saying the rev Wright is ranting untrue lies , Obama's people are trying desperately hard to Shut the good rev up.

And Mr.Trick Realgirls4me , I have someone in my family who died in this war , you know nothing about shit, fucking pussy.

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Fuck you, you ignorant piece of shit. Go wrap yourself in a flag and try to grind to Kate Smith, will you? The fact that you can't see Obama's repudiation as a political move and necessity just demonstrates once more how you are the village idiot here. This says a lot given the idiots such as Legend who post in here.

trish
04-30-2008, 04:48 AM
Hostile, you do know the conclusions of an argument have to follow logically from accepted premises (no matter how well you grease the prose with slime), don't you?

solsoul
04-30-2008, 04:50 AM
Y'all are wasting your keystrokes.

A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.

Felicia Katt
04-30-2008, 04:50 AM
David Duke is a piece of shit just like Rev Wright, same shit different race.
Striving for equality is not the same as trying to preserve inequality.

FK

Hostile
04-30-2008, 04:56 AM
Girl / Trick didn't your mother ever tell you that you can not argue politics? Obama is worse than Hilary who sucks ass as well Obama is not going to win shit, you'll see he is another Jimmy Carter and he is losing ground every day. So go ahead and Bash me all you want Im done arguing with you and the other lost souls here. I will leave you all with this.

I hate race haters, I was once married to a black woman and I have friends who are black. I do not think of these friends as my black friends I think of them as my friends. I do not care what a persons race is I care what his heart is. I hate all race haters, its not that Obama is black its that he has no clue, he is full of shit, there are plenty of blacks who are more suited to lead this country. Calling me a bigot just because I do not like Obama is an excuse for you to justify my not agreeing with your views, Im no bigot, your a bigot if your black and you want Obama only because he is HALF BLACK who's father left him as a kid. Im done

Hostile
04-30-2008, 04:59 AM
Felicia your not that stupid are you? striving for equality? are you kidding me, calling white people the devil calling Italians garlic noses, mexicans wetbacks, you need to have another drinky-poo mami. I thought you had more brains then that, REV WRIGHT IS A RACIST , A HUGE BIGOT. your a fool.

DAVID DUKE = REV WRIGHT = race haters

trish
04-30-2008, 05:01 AM
Obama ... is full of shit,..

You keep saying that,Hostile, but you forgot to tell why you think so? :roll:

Felicia Katt
04-30-2008, 05:13 AM
Hostile, if you honestly think that someone who does what he does to try to raise his people up is the same thing as someone who does what he does to hold those same people down, you should change your name from Hostile to Puerile.

FK

Realgirls4me
04-30-2008, 05:22 AM
Hostile, if you honestly think that someone who does what he does to try to raise his people up is the same thing as someone who does what he does to hold those same people down, you should change your name from Hostile to Puerile.

FK

LOL! I thought the handle was possibly derived from the relationship at play between the neurons in his nervous system. No?

Hostile
04-30-2008, 05:25 AM
Felicia if you honestly think that a bigot like Wright is trying to raise his people up tha you should watch what your hero Obama said today about the Rev's rants. Your a misguided fool David Duke tried to raise his people up too. The rev is a race hater you evil white bitch, and by the way my family wasnt here during the slavery era, its time to get over that shit stop the excuses and move on. By the way in 400 years of slavery 40million blacks were enslaved and or killed. In just 4 years 40 million Jews were killed by the Germans in WW2. the Jews have been persecuted for 4 thousand years judging by the paychecks to these piece of shit gangsta rapppers, black Athletes, black actors and black talk show hosts today I think the black man is making a good living. Get over the bullshit racism is on both sides and Wright is one of the biggest anti white bigots

you should change your name from Hostile to Puerile> and you should change your name to the tall man mess in a dress

Realgirls4me
04-30-2008, 05:36 AM
Your signature says you rule the underworld ... what sewer is that?

By the way, your little rant left out how many African-Americans are in prison per capita, or little things such as a man getting capped on his wedding night, etc? Yeah, everything is just hunky dory in your world, huh?

Felicia Katt
04-30-2008, 06:04 AM
Not that there is anything ressembling any moral equivalency between the Nazi's and the US, and not that there is any point in trying to disucss things with someone who thinks a diatribe is the same as a dialogue and rage is as valid as reason, but 6 million Jews were killed by the Germans in WW2, not 40 million
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_many_Jews_died_in_the_Holocaust

and in nearly every single economic category, African Americans still lag far behind.
http://umsis.miami.edu/~jbrown5/Serious%20Issue.htm
But I guess a Puffy here and a Montel there more than make up for the rest of those who still suffer from pervasive, institutionalized racism and systematic marginalization.

Maybe I was wrong and instead of changing your name to Puerile, you should change it to Denial.

FK
PS, that was such a clever comeback, did you come up with that all by yourself? LOL

Realgirls4me
04-30-2008, 06:24 AM
Seeing someone such as Hostile taking on Felicia is akin to a bird meeting the engine inlet of a 747.

:)

Hostile
04-30-2008, 06:32 AM
I meant 4 million , i originally wrote the number, but in 4 years Germans did what 4oo years did to slaves. And you definitely are Drag mess in a dress. You can post all your propaganda articals here, I bet your sorry ass believes George Bush blew up the twin towers too. Black Miss America ( thats racist ) Back entertainment awards , Black Collages ect ect ect. If there was a White entertainment awards the crybabies would be screaming foul. Whites are excluded from all these BLACK ONLY Ideals but blacks are allowed in the miss America , a few have even won, blacks compete in the awards and no collage has the balls to exclude blacks., There is a united negro collage fund, if there was a white collage fund that would be racist. Lets not keep this going, I'm for equality but I ain't politically correct or kissing to race's ass. what is right is right, today the young white male is at the bottom of list because of political correctness. And as for cops, I hate cops they beat white ass too, except thats not juicy enough to be on TV.

Realgirls4me
04-30-2008, 06:41 AM
Hostile: Think bird/engine inlet. ... I would fly off into a different direction iow.

Got that?

trish
04-30-2008, 06:45 AM
Black Colleges (I assume you don't really mean Collages) originated because other collages and universities didn't accept black enrollments. Today Black Colleges (just as all colleges that want Federal funding) have open enrollment policies. The same is true of the United Negro College Fund. It was originally set up in 1944 to address inequities in black educational opportunities. Today the scholarships are open to all.

If you really want to cry about the black entertainment awards, be my guest.

Hostile
04-30-2008, 06:47 AM
YESI get it your saying that Felecia looks like a big giant bird aka airplane and that next to her im just a tiny bird getting sucked in by alkl that wind her big mouth is producing, I see yes your right,you little cock loving suck up of a Trick you.

Realgirls4me
04-30-2008, 06:50 AM
Black Colleges (I assume you don't really mean Collages) ...

LOL! Trish? TRISH? He doesn't know the usage difference twixt your and you're, and you expect him to know how to spell college?

What is wrong with you, girl? ;)

El Nino
04-30-2008, 07:00 AM
Obama is a New World Order Shill and establishment HACKJOB

Hostile
04-30-2008, 07:21 AM
trish , its not 1944 anymore, when a collage says we need to recruit more minorities thats wrong, if you get an 85 and get in because your black and I get a 90 and I do not get in thats wrong. The best man should get the honor, regardless of color, today the white man sucks up to all minorities and its wrong. This is not the 1940's and Slavery in this country has been gone for almost 150 years.Sports, Music , TV , Movies blacks are making as much if not more than whites. Please don't piss on mt feet then tell me its raining.

You can bash my spelling all you want but at least I have the balls to tell it like it is, others are reading this too scared to agree with me simply because they want no part of this subject. Political correctness .

johnb
04-30-2008, 07:24 AM
at what point are we not going to get that it's a bad idea to mix religion, and politics. both democrats, and republicans. i.e., see the taliban. remember folks, our founding father's said, the separation of church, and state.

Hostile
04-30-2008, 07:29 AM
johnb your right, its a no win argument!

4star4
04-30-2008, 07:40 AM
The start of this topic was good for all of us to read. It has gone off on too many tangents though, at least for my perspective.

Here's what I say about the 2008 presidential election, and the candidate I will be voting for....Or voting against:

Rev. Wright is not running for president. Thank God! Barak Obama was a member of Rev. White's congregation for 20 years, and Obama and his wife were married by Rev. Wright.

That scares me. But Hillary's comments scare me worse.

As a supporter of Obama, I hope he has done the right thing by denouncing Rev. Wright today. It was time.

Felicia Katt
04-30-2008, 07:40 AM
Since you are so determined to be Hostile in name and in attitude, this will be the last thing I will say to you on this, or any other subject.
From Merriam Webster
rac·ism
1 : a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race

The reason is that there are some separate Black events and honors is because as few as 50 years ago, this country had a policy of Separate but Equal, which was anything but equal and resulted in systematic exclusion and oppression. Or do you think that it was equally unfair that there were no whiltes in the Negro Leagues?

Some gains towards equality have been made since those times, but not enough. That you somehow think a young white man can't get a break when all the socio-economic data is to the contrary speaks volume to that.

One last note,

see if you can identify which HA poster said the following to someone who was attacking a girl on the basis of his opinion of her looks:

Lets see what you look like before you rip her apart. Its not fair to blast her if you don't post your picture for her to view. Fair is fair
http://www.hungangels.com/board/viewtopic.php?p=402313&highlight=#402313

I won't hold my breath (or wind) waiting for you to post your picture, or to apologize. LOL, I'll just remember the words of the famous American Statesman who was born into slavery, and whose hopes for a true color blind society are yet to be realized today.

“A gentleman will not insult me, and no man not a gentleman can insult me”
Frederick Douglass

Peace

FK

qeuqheeg222
04-30-2008, 07:59 AM
and how many ted haggards or pat robertsons or Gay,Old,Pederasts,(gop)inform the political will of the ditto head...it is alway good to get religion out of politics..now maybe our grandiose country that some seem to think is above it all could maybe get a few more political parties to better represent the monopolized populace....

Hostile
04-30-2008, 08:03 AM
Mami you called me a name first, second i wasn't around 50 years ago there is no reason now for blacks to have their own events, thats keeping thing separate, even someone as smart as you can see that. let go of the past go forward. And though rev Wright is not going for Office Obama sat with him through many bigoted rants and even hung out with a know anti American terrorist who lived on the same street as Obama . Obama admits it but says that he has his own views separate from the terrorist friend of his, but how does that look for a potential leader to hangout with scum like that. Obama is losing ground fast and I for one am happy.I am far from a racist, I feel we all bleed red and are equal, Im not screaming about being a master race like Wright, I'm for pluralism ( everybody ) and yes that was me sticking up for the girl but it was you who drew first blood with me. I did to you only what you did to me, whats fair is fair.

qeuqheeg222
04-30-2008, 08:13 AM
50 yrs ago-gi's came home with a lot of benefits..they got homes in the suburbs and the baby boomers were able to go to college,sometimes the first kid in the family to do so...(remember at one time many people here came off boats-not just cubans and haitians)the baby boomer prospered and gave birth to the youth tryin to make sense of it all now..now a black man 50 yrs ago didnt get these kind of benefits...nor did his kids...now if your grandad or dad cant help you along how can you in this day and age of equality get along and "pull yourself up from yr bootstraps" with the systemic inequality.....

4star4
04-30-2008, 08:28 AM
I can't control the past, but at least I can speak for myself, for the 33 years that I have been alive. I guess society says that I have to clerify that I am a European American, ok? I wish I didn't have to say that, because I think of myself as simply American. But I'm talking to everone that is my age, and anyone reading here. I don't care what stupid continent your ancestors are from. If things are going to change in America, it has to begin with us, our generation has to do it. I don't have a problem with that. Our parents and grandparents wouldn't do it. Let's not be ignorant, but congratulate eachother as friends and Americans. There are alot of Non-Americans that post here, and I congratulate them as they seem to get the point without having to be told.

Hostile
04-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Obama Distances Himself From Ex-Pastor

WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. (April 29) - Barack Obama angrily denounced his former pastor for "divisive and destructive" remarks on race, seeking to divorce himself from the incendiary speaker and a fury that threatens to engulf his front-running Democratic presidential campaign.

Obama is trying to tamp down the uproar over the Rev. Jeremiah Wright at a tough time in his campaign. The Illinois senator is coming off a loss in Pennsylvania to rival Hillary Rodham Clinton and trying to win over white working-class voters in Indiana and North Carolina in next Tuesday's primaries.

"I am outraged by the comments that were made and saddened over the spectacle that we saw yesterday," Obama told reporters at a news conference Tuesday.

His strong words come just six weeks after Obama delivered a sweeping speech on race in which he sharply condemned Wright's remarks but did not leave the church or repudiate the minister himself, who he said was like a family member. After weeks of staying out of the public eye while critics lambasted his sermons, the former pastor of Trinity United Church of Christ in Chicago made three public appearances in four days to defend himself.

On Monday, Wright criticized the U.S. government as imperialist and stood by his suggestion that the United States invented the HIV virus as a means of genocide against minorities. "Based on this Tuskegee experiment and based on what has happened to Africans in this country, I believe our government is capable of doing anything," he said.

And perhaps even worse for Obama, Wright suggested that the church congregant secretly concurs.

"If Senator Obama did not say what he said, he would never get elected," Wright said. "Politicians say what they say and do what they do based on electability, based on sound bites, based on polls."

Obama stated flatly that he doesn't share the views of the man who officiated at his wedding, baptized his two daughters and been his pastor for 20 years. The title of Obama's second book, "The Audacity of Hope," came from a Wright sermon.

"What became clear to me is that he was presenting a world view that contradicts who I am and what I stand for," Obama said. "And what I think particularly angered me was his suggestion somehow that my previous denunciation of his remarks were somehow political posturing. Anybody who knows me and anybody who knows what I'm about knows that I am about trying to bridge gaps and I see the commonality in all people."

Although Obama leads in pledged delegates, no Democrat can win the nomination without the support of the superdelegates, the elected officials and party leaders who can vote their preference. The Wright furor forces those Democrats to wonder about Obama's electability in November.

Facing that reality, Obama sought to distance himself further from Wright.

"I have been a member of Trinity United Church of Christ since 1992, and have known Reverend Wright for 20 years," Obama said. "The person I saw yesterday was not the person that I met 20 years ago."

The Illinois senator said of Wright's statements Monday: "All it was was a bunch of rants that aren't grounded in truth."

"Obviously, whatever relationship I had with Reverend Wright has changed," Obama said. "I don't think he showed much concern for me, more importantly I don't think he showed much concern for what we're trying to do in this campaign."

Obama said he heard that Wright had given "a performance" and when he watched news accounts, he realized that it more than just a case of the former pastor defending himself.

"His comments were not only divisive and destructive, I believe they end up giving comfort to those who prey on hate," Obama said. "I'll be honest with you, I hadn't seen it" when reacting initially on Monday, he said.

Wright had asserted that criticism of his fiery sermons was an attack on the black church. Obama rejected that notion.

"He has done great damage, I do not see that relationship being the same," said Obama.

Wright recently retired from the church. He became an issue in Obama's presidential bid when videos circulated of Wright condemning the U.S. government for allegedly racist and genocidal acts. In the videos, some several years old, Wright called on God to "damn America." He also said the government created the AIDS virus to destroy "people of color."

Obama said he didn't vet his pastor before deciding to seek the presidency. He said he was particularly distressed that the furor has been a distraction to the purpose of a campaign.

"I gave him the benefit of the doubt in my speech in Philadelphia explaining that he's done enormous good. ... But when he states and then amplifies such ridiculous propositions as the U.S. government somehow being involved in AIDS. ... There are no excuses. They offended me. They rightly offend all Americans and they should be denounced."

While Obama said he remains a member of the church "obviously this has put a strain on that relationship.

"There wasn't anything constructive out of yesterday," said Obama. "All it was was a bunch of rants that aren't grounded in truth."

At one point, Obama said he understood the pressures Wright faced but wouldn't excuse his comments.

"I think he felt vilified and attacked and I understand him wanting to defend himself," Obama said. "That may account for the change but the insensitivity and the outrageousness of the statements shocked me and surprised me."

It looks like the chickens have come home to rooost! I LOVE IT!

All you OBAMA and Rev Wright suck ups that went into a spin abpout how the REV isn't such a bad guy, well your hero Obama thinks so now. YOU BEEN SERVED!

Hostile
04-30-2008, 10:05 AM
Its OVA being me, LOL you been served big time mother fuckers! I'm loving it.

El Nino
04-30-2008, 10:41 AM
Maybe his ex-pastor has some valid points???

trish
04-30-2008, 08:27 PM
One more experiment: Suppose you want to randomly select another two hundred (to make a total of four hundred numbers in your basket) and in the end you want to have a fair sample (i.e. fifty percent even numbers and fifty percent odd). What kind of filter is required for the latter half of this experiment?

Race symmetric policies acting on an asymmetric playing field will not immediately produce symmetric results. Sometimes they will in fact exaggerate and amplify the inequities that are embodied within the field itself. Of course this is an extremely simple principle. Those who pretend not to see it or understand are doing just that, just pretending. Hostile and his alleged color-blindness is simply a willful blindness to the preponderant economic and educational disparities that dominate the modern demographic landscape of the U.S.

As far as Reverend Wright goes, I never said I agree with all of his positions. I never said I disagree with all of them either. Being an ordinary citizen, the first amendment gives me a kind of line item veto. I don’t have to endorse the man. I don’t have to swallow the whole of his liberation theology. I can pick and choose; and I do. Being a political candidate, Obama is effectively denied the line item veto that the rest of us enjoy thanks to the first amendment. Obama is expected to take the Reverend whole, or deny him entirely. It’s not surprising that Obama wound up denouncing Wright. I glad he did. Still, I think it’s a tragedy when the friendship of someone, like Reverend Wright (whose church and projects did such immeasurable good for many Chicagoans) has to be severed in the interest of political survival, simply because the media (in the interest of ratings) and the pundants (for political interests) won’t allow any candidate (be it McCain, Hillary or Obama) to exercise the fine distinctions of reason that all ordinary citizens (except Hostile) can understand and take for granted.

Tomfurbs
04-30-2008, 08:47 PM
'Now black guys, they drive like this...but white guys, they drive like this!'

Hostile
04-30-2008, 10:23 PM
No , I believe in race equality, we are equal, color should not play a part in any part of society today. If your a fuck up then your a fuck up, white , black yellow, brown, green whatever you reep what you sew. Guys like the Rev keep bring up shit to rebel rouse, he is a huge bigot and he is not for equality he is for hate, he calls names, talks shit and even Obama now wants no part of him. Black is beautiful but so is white , brown, yellow and every color of the spectrum no color is better than others.

trish
04-30-2008, 10:32 PM
I know. You’re frustrated, Hostile. So am I. You want to live in a world where the playing field IS level and to treat your fellow men and women accordingly. I want to live in that world too. But we don’t. We are not born ex-nihilo into a vacuum. We are born into a world with a historical context. You and I have a shared history. A history in which neither you nor I took part. A history for which neither you nor I are to blame. Never-the-less, you and I together must navigate the consequences of that unchangeable history. It is a history that has left black American’s disproportionately impoverished, poorly educated, feared and despised. These are consequences of history that are not erased in a generation, because wealth, education and disposition (and their opposites) are propagated through the generations.

Most of the kids in my school came from broken homes. Their parents survived by holding down multiple minimum wage jobs. The poverty was chronic and it took a toll on the stability of many neighborhood families. Children from troubled families are not all that focused on school. They’re just children after all. Classroom time was constantly usurped by the behavioral issues of these children. Everyone’s education suffered. Is it your fault? No. Is it my fault? No. Is it is your moral responsibility and mine to make things better? Yes. How do we do that? Can we do that by just pretending the playing field is equal? Should we just treat every body and every thing as if no group has an advantage and as if there are no down-trodden demographics? Do you really think that will make things better; or do you think it circumscribes the extent of your moral responsibility?

Hostile
04-30-2008, 10:46 PM
yes, now you got it , I agree 100%, you see it the same way. Our racial history has nothing to do with us but we both suffer from our racial pasts. Keep in mind, your biggest enemy is always one of your own. Who kissed Jesus Christ on the cheek then betrayed him, one of his own. When the Mafia whacks somebody who do they whack, another Italian who once was one of their own. When the tong wars of China town went on who do they kill, other Chinese . When Crips kill Bloods its Black on Black, Hiltler was part Jewish, the real enemy is always closer than you think. Nero burned down Rome, it goes on & on. Roy Innis is a great Black Leader Rev Wright cares about fame and fortune even if its at the expense of his own. You and I Trish have nothing to do with any of this but its our world. In the ghetto fathers leave their babies to be raised buy the teenage mom who in turn has her mom raise the kids because NO TEEN SHOULD BE HAVING KIDS!

trish
04-30-2008, 11:06 PM
I agree that we cannot be blamed for the actions of our ancestors. Never-the-less, we can be held responsible for perpetuating past and present inequities into the future. Sure, I know there's plenty of blame to go around. But that doesn't mean you're absolved, or can go about pretending everything is just peachy keen equal for everybody.

Show me a teen who has the wisdom, experience, the fortitude and strength of an adult. No teen should be having kids. True enough. No teen should be raped either. (What's your stand on abortion?) Most teens in America are still regarded as children and are afforded the benefit of being major fuck ups. A middle class upbringing can provide a lot insulation and protection. Fucking up on the other side of the tracks can ruin not only your life, but the life of your children and their children as well. The playing field is NOT level. As long as it's not, we have to extend a hand to those who are not advantaged.

dave252
04-30-2008, 11:08 PM

And what part of these statements isn't true? :lol:

"References to the nuking of Japan are bothersome"

Not nearly as bothersome as being on the receiving end of those nukes. We didn't nuke Germany, why is that?

dj4monie
05-01-2008, 03:57 AM
Okay I have read a few post and I almost can't stop laughing.

America is single-handedly the most racist country on the face of this earth and the large amount of the population doesn't wanna hear about, talk about and is uncomfortable hearing/talking about it.

The facts remain, but largely white America wants to sweep it under the rug and then point out -

"I married a black man/woman"

"Have friends that are black"

"I will vote for Obama"

That's all great and wonderful, when people like Rev Wright talk about the negative parts of our social structure he is NOT talking about YOU personally, so stop feeling like that.

When Hilary Clinton gets in front of a crowd in PA and talks about putting 100,000 more cops on the streets, that is CODE for saying "We wanna keep the niggas and wet-backs out of your white middle class and upper class neighborhoods".

A Quote from Corp Crime Reporter -

Corporate crime inflicts far more damage on society than all street crime combined.

Whether in bodies or injuries or dollars lost, corporate crime and violence wins by a landslide.

The FBI estimates, for example, that burglary and robbery – street crimes – costs the nation $3.8 billion a year.

The losses from a handful of major corporate frauds – Tyco, Adelphia, Worldcom, Enron – swamp the losses from all street robberies and burglaries combined.

Health care fraud alone costs Americans $100 billion to $400 billion a year.

The savings and loan fraud – which former Attorney General Dick Thornburgh called "the biggest white collar swindle in history" – cost us anywhere from $300 billion to $500 billion.

And then you have your lesser frauds: auto repair fraud, $40 billion a year, securities fraud, $15 billion a year – and on down the list.

Those are your enemies, that is the larger problem we FACE together.

HOWEVER!

We need to come to TERMS with RACE in this country and until that happens, White America will largely disagree with the State of Black America because -

1) They don't give a shit

2) It doesn't effect them on a daily basis

Nothing will stop me from being Black, I love being Black, Rev Wright said nothing that wasn't the TRUTH and honestly if your White and can't believe your precious government isn't capable of supporting oppression, destroying sovereign nations, committing a political coup, stealing elections, empowering the largest multi-national companies in the world and doesn't mind using race, sexual orientation or religion to keep us bickering and not focusing on the larger issues; your a FOOL!

Wright is not a bigot, you a fool if you believe he is and 9 times out of 10 you are white making that comment which means your not black and don't understand.

Oh and just so I don't forget, I know plenty of White people that will tell you to your face that Wrights' comments are 100% correct and would have said the same thing...

Amerikkka is RACIST

If you don't care, fine

I do!

Realgirls4me
05-01-2008, 05:50 AM
Hostile:

How many American troops were killed this month in Iraq? Don't Google for the answer, just tell me. Surely a guy like you who seems to be so well versed about race issues and what the Reverend Wright has said MUST know something about the "trivial" and "insignificant" deaths of American troops in this costly blunder in Iraq. Or maybe it's the media, as well as sheep like you with the misplaced priorities?

Hmmmm?

Felicia Katt
05-01-2008, 05:55 AM
I have watched Rush and Hannity and Mathews and read Drudge, and all the other Republican blogs, and they have convinced me, completely

I am not voting for Reverend Wright!! :)

meow

FK

Realgirls4me
05-01-2008, 06:25 AM
I have watched Rush and Hannity and Mathews and read Drudge, and all the other Republican blogs, and they ... FK

Stop it !
Stop it !!
Stop it !!!

You disgust me, woman. Now, damn it, go shower!

;)

blckhaze
05-01-2008, 06:52 AM
Hes not the first black preacher to be very opinionated, and he DEFINITELY wont be the last. My advice to all my white brethren throwing a hissy fit over this is get over it, because what he said isnt 1/4 as bad as what Ive heard before, he was just dumb enough to get caught on video in the age of Youtube and Wikipedia.

PapiQueRico
05-01-2008, 07:17 AM
The truth is that the demogaugery worked for Obama when he was a grassroots organizer in Chicago. That message doesn't play well when you are running for president so now he needs to distance himself from the kind of rhetoric.

Racism has been profitable not only for whites, but a lot of blacks as well. Going as far back as when Africans sold other Africans into slavery to "House Negroes" to present day politicians.

They have a saying in Philadelphia. We had a Good Nigga, A Street Nigga and now a Nut Nigga. Philadelphia has had several black mayors and still has the many problems that plague urban black areas.

Having someone black in power will not prevent many blacks from blamming their shortcommings on "Uncle Charlie", the whiteman or the white government.

The best piece I've seen on racism was done by Chris Rock : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vu83agSl5XM

qeuqheeg222
05-01-2008, 07:21 AM
bush and ted haggard sittin in a tree........

EyeCumInPiece
05-01-2008, 07:51 AM

But i'm not a middle aged/class white suburbanite, so who cares? :shrug

Yes, i think the majority of American Voters are THAT stupid!! Unfortunately.

And Alyssa i couldnt disagree with you any more. I think Rev. Wreich is a total asshole. I do find you very sexxiiii though!!! :twisted:

Sidney
05-01-2008, 07:56 AM
This is where people on message boards lose me (quoted from earlier in this thread):

>America is single-handedly the most racist country on the face of this earth and the large amount of the population doesn't wanna hear about, talk about and is uncomfortable hearing/talking about it.
-----
Sorry, but America is nowhere near "single-handedly the most racist country on the face of this earth." ?There is racism all over this world--didn't you bother to leave your little mouse-hole to find this out? There is racism in France against Muslims, there is racism in Russia against the Chinese, there is racism in other countries against white people etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. ETC. ETC.!!!

Yes, America WAS a racially intolerant country--MANY years ago. And I lived through that. Our country is much different now.

If anything, the USA is an island of racial tolerance, to be honest. The racial hatred in other countries includes genocide, murder, and rape. America has a very low murder rate and a high level of racial tolerance. For crying out loud--I live in NYC and the Sean Bell incident has NOT resulted in any street violence.

Whoever you are, please get a grip. Ignorant statements like that just make you look foolish. I have nothing against you except when you publish ignorant statements.

EyeCumInPiece
05-01-2008, 08:06 AM

Are you honestly gonna defend Japan? Have you ever heard of Nanking? The only reason we nuked Japan is because China didnt have nukes yet. They were asking for it. And if not for the overthrow of the empire, Japan would not be the economic powerhouse that it is today. How Rev. Wright has any relevance to WW2 is beyond me. And why he bashes America is beyond me considering how wealthy this Capitalist system of ours has made him. If America is indeed treating some of its own as 'less than human,' Rev. Wright is not one of them. Bush's tax cuts were meant to help people like Rev. Wright.

Felicia Katt
05-01-2008, 08:30 AM
Are you honestly gonna defend Japan? Have you ever heard of Nanking?
Qestion: What does a massacre in occupied China in 1938 have to do with the first strike use of two nuclear weapons on strictly civilian targets in 1945??

Answer: Nothing, or by another metric, about as much as Reverend Wright's most extreme views and manner of expressing them have to do with Obama's character or qualifications for office.

FK

dj4monie
05-01-2008, 01:38 PM
This is where people on message boards lose me (quoted from earlier in this thread):

>America is single-handedly the most racist country on the face of this earth and the large amount of the population doesn't wanna hear about, talk about and is uncomfortable hearing/talking about it.
-----
Sorry, but America is nowhere near "single-handedly the most racist country on the face of this earth." ?There is racism all over this world--didn't you bother to leave your little mouse-hole to find this out? There is racism in France against Muslims, there is racism in Russia against the Chinese, there is racism in other countries against white people etc. etc. etc. etc. etc. ETC. ETC.!!!

Yes, America WAS a racially intolerant country--MANY years ago. And I lived through that. Our country is much different now.

If anything, the USA is an island of racial tolerance, to be honest. The racial hatred in other countries includes genocide, murder, and rape. America has a very low murder rate and a high level of racial tolerance. For crying out loud--I live in NYC and the Sean Bell incident has NOT resulted in any street violence.

Whoever you are, please get a grip. Ignorant statements like that just make you look foolish. I have nothing against you except when you publish ignorant statements.

WAS?

Still is!

How many times do I have to stand on a street corner before some idiot drives by (doesn't stop of course) and say "Hey Nigga"

ONLY IN AMERICA

I spent time in Kiev and not a word was uttered in my direction, wasn't looked at oddly and I got my mack on a few times.

That's a former Eastern Bloc country for crying out loud where many people say many of these people including Russians are Xenophobic.

Why would the "liberal" media use 15 second sound bites and loop them to try and tell the American public that Obama being linked to Wright paints him out to be Militant Nigga looking for REVENGE on White America (justified given this country history).

How come most Americans don't stand for Indian related causes?

Cause they don't care, to many (mostly white) they thought all the Indians must be dead or only come around to complain about the use of "Redskins" or "Seminoles" with sport teams. Most fans (mostly White) just strug there shoulders and don't see what the problem is.

That is the typical American view about race - NO BIG DEAL

When will we know we have come to terms with race?

1) When cops go to jail for excessively shooting Black Men

2) When the War on Drugs is suspended as a failed venture that blames the victims and fails to prosecute the people (mostly White) that bring the drugs into the country (who are the biggest USERS of drugs by the way)

3) When justice is served fairly and equally; currently if your brown or black you are SCREWED.

4) When our history books are re-written to reflect the truth of what happen in this country.

5) When White people stop pointing fingers at Black people saying "Black people can be racist too"

How is that even possible? Can Rev Wright prevent you from getting a job? Do Black Women clutch their purses when you walk by? How many more examples do I have to give you before you'll believe that Black people have an opinion on Race and it could be Racist but hardly impedes a White person from doing whatever the hell they wanna do?

I will agree that at least 70% of this country is ready to move forward, talk about issues in this country that trouble us ALL, when I say that, I am not talking about YOU personally, as I said, stop taking what ONE black person says about White people in general PERSONALLY.

If you do, then you understand how Black people feel every single day....

I didn't say genocide wasn't going on elsewhere in the world. But it seldom has to do with RACE and more to do with other types of conflict. In Africa, its because they are political enemies or religious enemies, like in India or the Orange Revolution in the Ukraine or War in Bosnia.

Don't even compare those conflicts with the systematical oppression of one race over another that has gone since this country was founded. YOU the nobody, middle class White American aren't doing it, its large corporations and Neo Conservative/Radical Right Wing people with this agenda.

yodajazz
05-01-2008, 01:58 PM
trish , its not 1944 anymore, when a collage says we need to recruit more minorities thats wrong, if you get an 85 and get in because your black and I get a 90 and I do not get in thats wrong. The best man should get the honor, regardless of color, today the white man sucks up to all minorities and its wrong. This is not the 1940's and Slavery in this country has been gone for almost 150 years.Sports, Music , TV , Movies blacks are making as much if not more than whites. Please don't piss on mt feet then tell me its raining.

You can bash my spelling all you want but at least I have the balls to tell it like it is, others are reading this too scared to agree with me simply because they want no part of this subject. Political correctness .

Hostile you are wrong on so many points but I must talk about this point, first. Colleges have found that diversity contibutes to the educational experience of everyone at there. The idea is that the people of different backgrounds contibute their experience in the exchange of ideas.

This is also important on a personal level, as people develop friendships with those from other communties or cultures. For me, I met a person from Brazil, who introduced me to Brazilian music. I have had a life long affection for their style of music. Test scores are only part of the evaluation process. Colleges understand that their attraction comes from the total enviorment, not just high testing scores.

All that being said Hostile, I thank you for expressing your views, even though I disagree with them. It just shows the consciousness that we are dealing with.

yodajazz
05-01-2008, 02:19 PM
I have watched Rush and Hannity and Mathews and read Drudge, and all the other Republican blogs, and they have convinced me, completely

I am not voting for Reverend Wright!! :)

meow

FK

People in this thread have expressed some very interesting viewpoints. I agree wtih many here, particularly Trish. But I read a post by someone who had been an actual member of his church had good insight.

First off, I would have 2 ask those getting caught up in the brouhaha about Rev. Wright 2 please recognize distraction when U C it. Rev. Wright is not running 4 president, Obama is. Wright is a pastor not a presidential candidate. He heads a large progressive church and his job is 2 preach the word of God as he has been taught and as he sees it work 4 his congregation. He exercises his Constitutionally protected freedom of speech and religion and what he says 2 his congregation, as it helps 2 build them, is his business, even if presidential hopefuls R there. Besides what he does at his church has nothing 2 do with what goes on at the White House. Separation of church and state, remember?

I admit 2 personally growing up at Trinity church as an active member. While I have grown beyond what I saw as the confines of Christianity, I do credit Rev. Wright 4 assisting in building my spiritual foundation 2 take me 2 where I am now. His work is a credit 2 his people, his congregation, and this country. He is a powerful speaker and while I may not agree with all he says (told U I'm not a Christian) I know his messages 2 B strong, and largely on point.

Some of the sheep seem 2 B falling N2 the media trap of divide and conquer using ridiculously tiny sound bites from one or two of his sermons 2 make it seem that he speaks out against "America." Such a ludicrously one-sided perspective should not even get attention from intelligent people. Intelligent people would know the difference between speaking out against a criminal, misleading, fraudulent, dangerous government and speaking against the country. It's what this country was founded on 4 those who remember their history lessons.

Rev Wright's patriotism should not B N question. That of these greedy government officials should. This country is not in order and that is because of the people we allow 2 run it. This government is not working 4 the people. If they were, things like gas prices, health care, homelessness, and education would not even B a concern. Wars, if necessary, would B just and called upon by the People. It is We the People who R America, NOT this government. Rev Wright is right and just calling "them" 2 task. Moor of us should.

The distraction is only as powerful as we allow it 2 B. Those people at Capitol Hill don't represent me and they don't want 2 and I'm as patriotic as they come.

from letter posted on this blog: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=5229167&blogID=384081662

needsum
05-01-2008, 04:20 PM
– September 2001: “The government lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color. The government lied.” Riiight, because after all, white people couldn't possibly get infected and die. . .

– September 2001: “We bombed Hiroshima. We bombed Nagasaki. And we nuked far more than the thousands in New York and the Pentagon and we never batted an eye.” The Japanese were brutal, savage, and practiced inhuman acts of voilence and murder against the chinese and the americans. If we didn't drop those bombs, the next step was the invasion of Japan, which would have been so horrendous an event as to not even want to think about it. those bombs saved thousands more American lives, so, hell yeah, we never batted an eye.

– December 2007: “Barack knows what it means living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich, white people. Hillary would never know that.” Hillary and Bill are trash from Arkansas who managed to make it out of the trailerpark and into the white house. Case in point--Bill's brother--that just shows you his origins. So don't think they have always been high fucking grand poobah of upper-but-crack white folks. And besides, Obama is as white as he is black.

– December 2007: “Hillary ain’t never been called a n***8r. Hillary has never had a people defined as a non-person.” Maybe not, but I've heard her been called a CUNT more times than I can count, and thats pretty damned nasty.

– Jan. 13, 2008: “Hillary is married to Bill, and Bill has been good to us. No he ain’t! Bill did us, just like he did Monica Lewinsky. He was riding dirty.” AMEN!! He's right here--Bill had everyone fooled. Black people were no better than anyone after bill left office--he just had us all convinced he was the first black president.

– “Fact number one: We’ve got more black men in prison than there are in college. … Fact number two: Racism is how this country was founded and how this country is still run.” Say what you will, but prison and college are both choices you make in life. You wanna be a derelict and fuck up school so you can go hang out with your friends and commit crimes? thats YOUR choice. Fucking work hard, stay in school and make something of yourself. Maybe it's harder for poor black kids than it is for suburbanites, but they still have the choice to make, don't fucking blame ME for that shit.

And … And … And! God! Has got! To be sick! Of this sh*t!” Ok, can we all stop using GOD as the lightening rod here? For Christ's sake, there IS NO GOD! But if there happens to be one, then he likes fucking with us all, because this world, not just us black hating, racist, war mongering fuck-up American white motherfuckers, but the whole world, is a gigantic mess. If there is a god, he's up there laughing his ass off watching us struggle and squirm.

So fucking get over yourself, reverend. He has a big mouth and knows how to stir up the shit for his own cause. I know a lot of people and not one of them has the desire or will to create and spew the venom that he does. He is perpetuating the very nightmare that he is complaining about.

And THAT is the real problem here.

El Nino
05-01-2008, 07:51 PM
http://www.infowars.com/?p=1832

Hostile
05-01-2008, 08:22 PM
djmonie , your a confused poor soul , no one is trying to stop you from being black and its fools like you that are the problem. You see yourself separate from everyone , I see everyone the same, your skin tone is darker than mine but I believe in eqaulity, Black is beautiful , but no more beautiful than white brown yellow and all the colors of the spectrum. I feel sorry a hater, rev is a fool and even Obama now wants no past of him, Wright even told Obama "if you make it to the Whitehouse, Ill be on your ass and comin for you too". Hating one race and blaming will stunt your growth. I'm not getting in a pisssing contest with you , keep your finger in the air spewing your hate and nonsense, you are the bigot not me daddy.

CORVETTEDUDE
05-01-2008, 10:12 PM
I think that ALL of you that don't like America, The United Stae of.....should leave. And when you go, please take the Honorable Reverend Wright with you. Please don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out, either.

I don't care what color you claim to be or, nationality you think you are...don't like it here, go find some place better suited to your character, color, beliefs and bullshit!

I have found over the years, that the person talking the loudest about racism, is the biggest racist in the crowd.

Hostile
05-01-2008, 10:23 PM
CORVETTEDUDE WROTE:

I have found over the years, that the person talking the loudest about racism, is the biggest racist in the crowd.

YES finally a voice of reason thats most dead on statement said.

trish
05-02-2008, 01:37 AM
I've found that those who claim America has no social problems (and especially those who are quick to invite their adversaries to leave) are the ones who are relatively comfortable but not the most comfortable. They are the ones who have many but not all of usual advantages that middle class Americans enjoy but suffer very few, if any, really debilitating disadvantages. They are the ones who think their comfort is tenuous and are fearful of leveling the playing field. DON'T BE AFRAID. A fair playing field will advantage everyone.

Sidney
05-02-2008, 07:49 AM
My thanks to Hostile and CORVETTEDUDE...

You have been so eloquent on the topic of racism--not an easy thing to do! Thanks for simplifying things.

I feel bad for Barack, since he's being targeted on a subject where no one can win the debate. It's just too charged.

As for this silly "who is the most racist" question goes? Well, there are just too many candidates: Cambodia in the 1970s, Germany in the 1930s and '40s, China under Mao... But the 20 million Ukranians who were murdered by Joseph Stalin is probably in the Guinness Book of World Records for Worst Atrocity of the 20th Century.

Yes, the USA has problems. But at least we haven't seen genocide like this.

(At least, not since the founding of the USA: I am not counting the horrors prepetrated by Europeans--mostly Spanish and Catholic--during the 15th and 16th centuries. It's just too much to get into.)

[/list]

Tomfurbs
05-02-2008, 08:12 AM
Spanish AND Catholic? what are the odds?!

qeuqheeg222
05-02-2008, 08:25 AM
thank you trish...and remember boys liberality and compassion are two of the great christian seven virtues opposin'the seven deadly sins.....

yodajazz
05-02-2008, 08:37 AM

I hate to hijack this thread, but I have discovered something interesting about Rev Wright. A person, who saw his Friday night appearance on Bill Moyer’s show and some of his subsequent appearance describe him as being like two different people. His later physical appearance was even different, some disheveled almost like he had been drinking. This was confirmed by a news report that I read.

Put this together with the fact that he has recently retired. A prominent minister’s son from my city has taken over his congregation. I have seen nothing on the fact of why he retired. This is only speculation, but is it because he is losing it? I have had personal experience in my own church with a minister, who seemed to lose some mental skills along with health issues that made her retire after over twenty years. Could this be the case with Rev Wright after 40 plus years in the pulpit? It is actually the theory that Trish has already put forward about him. That would put into context the accomplishments he has achieved and skills that have made him a success, but now his current behavior is called into question. Obama’s recent statement was, “Apparently I did not know him as well as I thought.” The sermons that people are quoting and attacking came after 30 plus years as a pastor. And that came after other successful careers.

So Hostile might have a point to not take him so seriously. However, I feel that Hostile is wrong to dismiss his entire life and his entire message. To just label Rev Wright as a fool or buffoon, does just that. And maybe that is why he is defending his most outrageous statements like his life depended on them, rather than recognize political reality. I say that Rev Wright has spoken some very true things, as well things that are ‘far fetched’.
His true statements have highlighted a side of reality that many people chose to ignore. However the ‘many people's’ reality is real too. For example decisions made in wartime like using the atomic bomb in Japan were very tough decisions to make. Reality usually has more than one side and this debate here reflects it.

Like many here, I am sometime critical of actions taken by our government on behalf of the people. For example, the US has assisted in killing of foreign leaders or assisting in the overthrow of legally elected governments that we were not at war with. My point is that those who criticize certain actions of our government are in fact attempting to practice the first sentence in the Preamble to our Constitution: “We the people, in order form a more perfect union…”

Suckalot1
04-11-2009, 04:46 AM
so much whining from "minorities" it's a joke. Minorities are given better opportunities in this country than "white" people are these days. Racism is more prevelant in minorites, for those of you who don't know what that means MORE MINORITIES are racist in this country than white people. Lots of black people will agree with that including your precious Barack Obama. This is the first country in the world to elect a black president, WHITE PEOPLE ELECTED HIM NOT MINORITIES! Do you guys have any idea of what the Jews wen't through and how many years they were in slavery and still are today? Have you heard of the holocaust? Or do you all only read about conspiracies and things on internet sites with absolutely no facts or reputation.

More cops on the street is to put more minorities in jail? What are you on crack? If you aren't doing anything wrong you don't go to jail, simple as that. Don't blame the cops and white people because your on the corner selling crack, you make your own decisions. What do you want the government to take over the job as your daddy because he wasn't man enough to stick around and raise you like the white man raised his kid? I'm not trying to go racial, I'm not racist at all. I will put any dumbass in his/her place whenever needed though.

The governments not your daddy, if you grew up with no father and now are some ruthless badass, well tough luck your going to jail. It happens to whites too except we usually have more guidance because our fathers stick around. Give me a break with this black white bullshit, how much spoonfeeding do you people need. Barack Obama is the president what do you have to say about that? Did the homies in prison elect him? No, it was white people. Maybe that's why no one has said anything since he was elected. More minorities are racist than whites these days, open your eyes and ears. Smarten up and stand on your own 2 feet.

On a semi-racial note, but a real note..
Be happy that these white people even let you blacks and mexicans in this country(SINCE THEY'RE SOOO RACIST) Why don't you go to Africa and Mexico? Yea. I thought so.