PDA

View Full Version : Iran???

qeuqheeg222
04-23-2008, 10:45 AM
what is with all the sabre rattlin in our election?is mcain just gettin the wagons in a circle?Do the neo-cons have something more in mind?an why dont they just pull a M.A.D. kinda scenario with iran-if any nuke goes off anywhere in our country we will level your entire country cuz we have more than enuff firepower to do so..invasions and bommbings seem to show more of a carpetbagger intent then a cold war m.a.d. power play..what do y'all think..

tstv_lover
04-23-2008, 12:18 PM
what is with all the sabre rattlin in our election?is mcain just gettin the wagons in a circle?Do the neo-cons have something more in mind?an why dont they just pull a M.A.D. kinda scenario with iran-if any nuke goes off anywhere in our country we will level your entire country cuz we have more than enuff firepower to do so..invasions and bommbings seem to show more of a carpetbagger intent then a cold war m.a.d. power play..what do y'all think..

I did hear that the leading candidates commented about "obliterating" Iran, etc. Given that it's candidates talking, I guess they must believe these statements increase their number of votes. Can't think of any other reason why someone in the middle of elections would make those remarks.

Cuchulain
04-24-2008, 05:41 AM
Senator Clinton made the remark about obliterating Iran during the last debate. She was hoping to gain votes from Pennsylvania's 'barstool diplomats'.

Remember McCain singing 'bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb bomb Iran to the old Beach Boys toon? Given Cheney's long held desire to do just that, we may have an inkling of the Republican's 'October surprise' for the '08 elections.

yodajazz
04-24-2008, 08:43 AM
Politics these days is more and more about market position strategy. You are right, Iran represents no threat to the US, but neither did Iraq. A candidate saying that they would bomb Iran is all about showing ‘strength’. If the candidate does not show ‘strength’ by saying such things they are then positioned by the opposition as weak. Whatever you might think of him, John Kerry was a Medal of Honor winner. You have to put your own life on the line to win that medal. That is the highest honor the US can bestow on a soldier, yet he was positioned as ‘weak’ by the Republican machine. For his policy on Iraq, Kerry said that he wanted to enlist help from other nations. That was only common sense. Anybody going into battle would like to have as much help as possible. However the Republican response was that the US was giving other nations “veto power” over US policy. If you really think about it, that statement was nonsense, among other things. However, as political positioning strategy it worked. It said in effect; “We Republicans are strong”, even it made no sense. The public continually falls for such nonsense.

I personally question why the Democrats to not expose those tricks for what they are. The only thing I can think of, is that they are afraid there own market strategies will be exposed.

As it has been stated in other threads here, much of political strategy, like using Iran as a subject, is based on fear. As long as we have some object like Iran to fear, the powers that be can do whatever they please, in name of protecting us. Ironically, the Bible states that, “God has not given us a spirit of fear…”, however, I never hear religious leaders speaking out against its use as a political tactic. That is because they are busy using fear themselves to manipulate followers. That is a basic strategy to fight same sex unions.

And back to the original question posed. Saber rattling is about appearing strong, but little about actually being strong. And we all individually know about real people who are strong.

needsum
06-03-2008, 08:28 PM

well, for one thing, it is about preventing this very thing from happening in the first place. While I'm not going to sit here and spew about how dangerous Iran is to the US, the point is that if there were any threat, we would want to eliminate it before nukes hit our shores.

El Nino
06-03-2008, 11:02 PM
Bill Kristol At AIPAC: Obama And McCain "Don't Actually Differ" On Iran

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/06/02/bill-kristol-at-aipac-oba_n_104799.html

Cuchulain
06-04-2008, 01:34 AM
Bill Kristol At AIPAC: Obama And McCain "Don't Actually Differ" On Iran

Ahh, good old Bill Kristol. I wonder if he's graduated to sacrificing small children at the Leo Strauss shrine he keeps in his basement, or is he content to just steal the occasional neighbors' cat?

What would public reaction be if a newly-elected Obama attacked Iran? Certainly Sean Hannity would weep tears of joy and annoint Barack as the new messiah, while the entire Left would run out to buy copies of "Guerilla Warfare" by Ernesto "Che" Guevara (Amazon has them in stock, btw).....

El Nino
06-04-2008, 05:34 AM
Obama, Clinton and McCain are all owned by international interests. It doesn't matter who wins. The War (no matter where it is on the map) will continue regardless. The military industrial complex will thrive if Obama becomes president. For all of you saying "no way", do the research yourselves.

http://www.nwotruth.com/obama-a-tool-of-bilderberg/#hide

http://www.oilempire.us/obama.html

http://www.infowars.com/?p=2518

Cuchulain
06-04-2008, 12:48 PM
Lol, El Nino, you're determined to leave us completely without hope, aren't you? Hell, you may be right. I don't see Obama as some kind of savior. He's way too middle of the road for me. But he gives me hope...and I haven't felt any real hope for this country since that sleazy corporate=hack Reagen got elected. When Obama speaks, he reminds me of Jack Kennedy. At his best, he has a way of lifting the listener up, making us feel like we are a part of something and that we really can do anything if we stand together, and that feeling is pretty rare for a cynical bastard like me. That's the reaction people had to JFK.

Sure, Obama may turn out to be just another republican-lite like Bill Clinton. But there IS a difference between him and McCain. Right now, Barack is our only hope of undoing the criminal bullshit of the last 8 years. And everybody needs a little hope now and then.

hippifried
06-04-2008, 11:15 PM
President Bush has 7 more months to go. I just hope Congress has the balls to keep him in check until he's outathere.

qeuqheeg222
06-05-2008, 07:29 AM
yeah he could really fuck things up for the next pres if he hit iran....

InHouston
06-05-2008, 04:26 PM

Iran knows better than to attempt a nuclear strike against the United States. The concern is a nuclear attack against Israel.

Saddam Huessin once said that he would personally like to get a nuclear bomb to Israel, possibly by boat, for detonation in Haifa harbour. You can be assured that Iran is considering this and other options as well.

hippifried
06-06-2008, 06:13 AM
Yeah, that's all fine & dandy with the ESP about other people's intentions & all, but Iran still doesn't have the bomb.

needsum
06-06-2008, 03:03 PM
Yeah, that's all fine & dandy with the ESP about other people's intentions & all, but Iran still doesn't have the bomb.

at least not yet . . .

El Nino
06-07-2008, 10:07 AM
PUPPETS of WAR Hillary Obama Mccain

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8rZxa5cnVk

chefmike
06-07-2008, 03:04 PM

Not to mention the fact that Israel does have the bomb, as well as the US.

thx1138
06-15-2008, 07:48 AM
Egypt blocks 'radioactive' shipment from Israel
http://www.dailystar.com.lb/article.asp?edition_id=10&categ_id=2&article_id=93112 Was Israel attempting to set off a dity nuclear bomb somewhere in America in order to have a pretext to launch an attack on Iran? Cheney has gone on record to say if there is any 9/11 type attack on America it will be assumed the government of Iran ordered it.

thx1138
06-15-2008, 07:48 AM
dity = dirty