PDA

View Full Version : Alicia Keys Pulls A Reverend Wright

Dino Velvet
04-16-2008, 05:32 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,350916,00.html

Alicia Keys: 'Gangsta Rap' Created to Convince Black People to Kill Each Other

NEW YORK — There's another side to Alicia Keys: conspiracy theorist.

The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter tells Blender magazine: "'Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. 'Gangsta rap' didn't exist."

Keys, 27, said she's read several Black Panther autobiographies and wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead," according to an interview in the magazine's May issue, on newsstands Tuesday.

Another of her theories: The bicoastal feud between slain rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. was fueled "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing."

Keys' AK-47 jewelry came as a surprise to her mother, who is quoted as telling Blender: "She wears what? That doesn't sound like Alicia." Keys' publicist, Theola Borden, said Keys was on vacation and unavailable for comment.

Though she's known for her romantic tunes, she told Blender that she wants to write more political songs. If black leaders such as the late Black Panther Huey Newton "had the outlets our musicians have today, it'd be global. I have to figure out a way to do it myself," she said.

The multiplatinum songstress behind the hits "Fallin"' and "No One" most recently had success with her latest CD, "As I Am," which sold millions.

Alyssa87
04-16-2008, 08:10 AM
i guess shes entitled to her own opinion.

Dino Velvet
04-16-2008, 08:32 AM
i guess shes entitled to her own opinion.

Legally, yes, but she's cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs. That's my opinion.

thx1138
04-16-2008, 11:59 AM
She's absolutely correct. Who is delivering illicit substances to minority communities from Columbia and Afghanistan? What better way to keep the numbers of "minorities" in the minority besides death and incarceration? If a minority group is allowed to become a majority you're talking a major shift of political power. The group presently in power in Washington will be out of a job. Take a look at US foreign policy around the world for the last 100 years. Most of it is designed to foment intra group conflict. Sunnis vs Shias arming both sides in a civil war to maximize death and injury. See central America in the 80's. See the present civil war in Columbia, etc.

BlackMath
04-16-2008, 03:04 PM

The Grammy-winning singer-songwriter tells Blender magazine: "'Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. 'Gangsta rap' didn't exist."

Keys, 27, said she's read several Black Panther autobiographies and wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead," according to an interview in the magazine's May issue, on newsstands Tuesday.

Another of her theories: The bicoastal feud between slain rappers Tupac Shakur and Notorious B.I.G. was fueled "by the government and the media, to stop another great black leader from existing."

Keys' AK-47 jewelry came as a surprise to her mother, who is quoted as telling Blender: "She wears what? That doesn't sound like Alicia." Keys' publicist, Theola Borden, said Keys was on vacation and unavailable for comment.

Though she's known for her romantic tunes, she told Blender that she wants to write more political songs. If black leaders such as the late Black Panther Huey Newton "had the outlets our musicians have today, it'd be global. I have to figure out a way to do it myself," she said.

The multiplatinum songstress behind the hits "Fallin"' and "No One" most recently had success with her latest CD, "As I Am," which sold millions.

You ever listened to Kanye West's second album? It's rife with conspiracy theories like this.
So I'd hardly compared Ms. Keys to Rev. Wright.

Falrune
04-16-2008, 03:15 PM
She's absolutely correct. Who is delivering illicit substances to minority communities from Columbia and Afghanistan? What better way to keep the numbers of "minorities" in the minority besides death and incarceration? If a minority group is allowed to become a majority you're talking a major shift of political power. The group presently in power in Washington will be out of a job. Take a look at US foreign policy around the world for the last 100 years. Most of it is designed to foment intra group conflict. Sunnis vs Shias arming both sides in a civil war to maximize death and injury. See central America in the 80's. See the present civil war in Columbia, etc.

She was discussing the reason for gangsta rap music, not drugs. So, the question is whether or not the "intra-group conflict" can be based upon music and its origins attributed to some white conspiracy. This seems to defy all historical observation. I must agree with Dino on this one.

chefmike
04-16-2008, 03:57 PM
She's absolutely correct.

She's absolutely full of shit.

Dino Velvet
04-16-2008, 04:11 PM

You ever listened to Kanye West's second album?

No I haven't and I'm not that desperately in need of a coaster to own it. It also just wouldn't look right in my CD collection sharing space with David Allan Coe. I'll have to admit I don't know much about Kanye West except about what he said on that telethon while standing next to Mike Myers. I wish it was Michael Myers, the fella who wears the Shatner mask and carries that sharp knife, so he would have been properly handled.

This just in! Alicia Keys proclaims that the government puts Salt Peter in Popeye's Fried Chicken to keep blacks from breeding!

If these conspiracies are true, we White People must be geniuses!

kalina
04-16-2008, 06:00 PM
How come all the cool people eventually turn out to be nuts?

redtiger
04-16-2008, 11:05 PM
I read about this on Yahoo news or somewhere the other day. She has some pretty far-out ideas.

I love the gal, she's really pretty and talented. But I wonder how long before the movie offers will dry up if she keeps spouting stuff like this? A pity! But I guess too many conspiracy theories will turn your brain to mush.

peggygee
04-17-2008, 02:35 AM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/news.jpg

Alicia Keys says comments to magazine were 'misrepresented'
1 day ago

NEW YORK (AP) — Alicia Keys says she's not a conspiracy theorist. In a statement issued Tuesday, Keys said she was clarifying "comments that were made during my recent Blender magazine interview since they have been misrepresented."

According to an interview in the magazine's May issue, the 27-year-old singer says: "`Gangsta rap' was a ploy to convince black people to kill each other. `Gangsta rap' didn't exist." She also is quoted as saying that she wears a gold AK-47 pendant around her neck "to symbolize strength, power and killing 'em dead."

"We stand by our story," Blender spokeswoman Kate Cafaro told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

"My comments about `gangsta rap' were in no way trying to suggest that the government is responsible for creating this genre of rap music," Keys said in a statement issued by J Records. "The point that I was trying to make was that the term was oversloganized by some of the media causing reactions that were not always positive. Many of the `gangsta rap' lyrics articulate the problems of the artists' experiences and I think all of us, including our leaders, could be doing more to address these problems including drugs, gang violence, crime, and other related social issues."

As for the AK-47 remark, Keys said Tuesday that AK-47 is a nickname given to her by friends "as an acronym for Alicia Keys and a metaphor for wowing people with my music and performances, `killing 'em dead' on stage. The reference was in no way meant to have a literal, political or negative connotation."

When AP attempted to reach Keys last week about the Blender interview, her publicist, Theola Borden, said the singer was on vacation and unavailable for comment.

The multiplatinum star behind the hits "Fallin'" and "No One" most recently had success with her latest CD, "As I Am," which has sold 3.4 million copies, according to Nielsen Soundscan.

On the Net:
Blender: http://www.blender.com/
Alicia Keys: http://www.aliciakeys.com/

punkox
04-17-2008, 03:03 AM
While we're at it, I think the US government's cover-up of Roswell is just their way of suppressing the alien minority in our culture today. Aliens have rights too!

It's preposterous how the US government designed HIV as a way of killing off the extraterestrials that like butt sex and anal probing... just wrong... Harry Truman doesn't care about aliens....

LoneWolf
04-17-2008, 04:52 AM
Alicia Keyes has a fantastic voice and awesome piano skills, but has never sounded too smart in her interviews.

"Gangsta rap" was a conspiracy. Not to kill black people, but to sell albums to suburban white kids. Suge Knight and all those guys were just putting on an act.

If Keyes ever saw a real Kalishnikov, she'd go hide behind her burly bodyguards and cry her eyes out.

Hostile
04-17-2008, 05:16 AM
Meanwhile she was raised by a white mother who did raised her right. It should'nt matter what your skin color is, if your a good person then .... Besides I do not recall white people inventing gangsta rap, kinda stupid shit just like George Bush blew up the Towers, only a fool believes this bullshit.

THERE IS ONLY ONE RACE, BLACK, WHITE, YELLOW , RED , BROWN, GAY, TS, LESBO, CD/TV WHATEVER, WE ALL BLEED RED AND ALL DESERVE TO BE LOVED & LIVE OUR OWN LIVES WITHOUT DRAMA

Hotboy
04-17-2008, 08:27 AM
is she even black?

Dino Velvet
04-18-2008, 12:30 AM
Alicia Keys says comments to magazine were 'misrepresented'

Many of these retractions by celebrities or politicians are more suspicious than the original story themselves. All the lawyers, agents, and other management get together and then a day or so later suddenly things were taken "out of context" or they "misremembered" or "misspoke". Fame can cause people to lose their minds and get a delusional idea of what's OK to say or do.