PDA

View Full Version : Edumacation: What is the difference between a CD and a TV?

ARMANIXXX
04-06-2008, 09:11 PM
CD = Crossdresser

TV = Transvestite

But I'm still unsure on the fundamental difference.........is there a difference?
How are they the same?

Thanks.

JelenaCD
04-06-2008, 09:18 PM
i would say Crossdresser is probably bi, maybe gay , maybe straight and doesn't dress 24/7 , the transvestite is more apt to be gay , i could be totally wrong i know . Actually i say i am crossdresser yet in reality i dress very rarely , maybe once a month ! I am mostly Transexual admirer !

ARMANIXXX
04-06-2008, 09:25 PM
i would say Crossdresser is probably bi, maybe gay , maybe straight and doesn't dress 24/7 , the transvestite is more apt to be gay , i could be totally wrong i know . Actually i say i am crossdresser yet in reality i dress very rarely , maybe once a month ! I am mostly Transexual admirer !

When you dress up JelenaCD, are you sometimes/often looking to have sex with men?

JelenaCD
04-06-2008, 09:30 PM
i only dress in private , never have been dressed in public , i consider myself bi , yes sometimes i think about guys !

kathyctv
04-06-2008, 10:03 PM
well there are lot of variations among this diverse community. and definitions change from generation to generation. todays definition is not what it was years ago.

a crossdresser in todays terms at least from what i hear is some one who dresses in the opposite gender for sexual instant gratification. mostly straight in terms of orientation. i also grp in to this definition is the Fetish side or behavior. and Transvestites are also under this term

Transexuals are ones that are in the process of transitions to become the other gender. which include hormones, surgery and living as the opposite gender, and not for sexual gratifications or thrill. also orientation is gay or bi or straight (depends on how you look at it.) what i mean is if one brain is programmed in one gender and the physical in another.

example
female brain, male body are you gay? if one transitions, are you still gay?

transgender is the super umbrella term used to convey all these terms and definitions. and this is what hurts the TS in the right to have equality.

i hope this helps

kalina
04-06-2008, 10:04 PM
From my Ask Kalina page...

"A crossdresser is usually a male who wants to dress as a female. There is usually nothing negative associated with this, but in recent times the term crossdresser has been used in derogatory ways to classify men who dress in a frumpy way to look like their crazy Aunt Mabel."

"A transvestite is usually a male who dresses as a female for some fetishistic purpose, such as sexual fantasy. Stockings and high heels are a popular fetish and transvestites usually focus their energies solely on these items regardless of who is actually wearing them. Do not confuse the term crossdresser with transvestite."

You can see definitions for all the transgender terms that have popped up over the years here: http://www.transvamp.com/ask

Felicia Katt
04-06-2008, 10:52 PM
crossdresser is the plain language version of the latin term transvestite. trans=cross, vestite=dresser.

There is NO clinical or dictionary difference to the terms. But maybe because it sounds like a disease, transvestite has a more pejorative connotation.

FK

Ecstatic
04-07-2008, 01:38 AM
Technically, Felicia is right, but I've always favored Kalina's distinction which is based on the element of sexual fetishism or gratification. But as Kathy says, the definitions also vary with generation and location.

slinky
04-07-2008, 03:51 AM
transsexual: a term used by persons born as males who dress and/or act as females to describe themselves.

cross dresser: a term used by those above to denigrate others who they don't think look as feminine as they do.

transvestite: a term used by people not in the scene to describe everyone above.

Felicia Katt
04-07-2008, 04:06 AM
transsexual: a term used by persons born as males who dress and/or act as females to describe themselves.

cross dresser: a term used by those above to denigrate others who they don't think look as feminine as they do.

transvestite: a term used by people not in the scene to describe everyone above.
thats brilliant :)

FK

ezed
04-07-2008, 05:29 AM
A CD plays in your stereo, a TV is the box in in your living room that shows moving pictures and sound. Thank you very much!

Ecstatic
04-07-2008, 05:39 AM
My financial advisor told me to invest in CDs, so I bought about 2000 of them.... He didn't say anything about TVs though....

kalina
04-07-2008, 08:50 PM
I love CDs so much I print up 1,000 at a time every time I release a new record :)

www.catwalkrecords.com