PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite ????

avrix
04-05-2008, 07:01 AM
pop rock band?

mine are THE PIXIES

dan_yearsgone83
04-05-2008, 07:13 AM
Paramore is my guiltiest pleasure.

Buddy Wood
04-05-2008, 07:28 AM
The Pixies are definitely one of my favorite bands ever.

Dino Velvet
04-05-2008, 07:30 AM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c160/DinoVelvet/hand_cross.jpg

dan_yearsgone83
04-05-2008, 07:36 AM
How is Black Sabbath pop rock? o_O

irvin66
04-05-2008, 05:28 PM
Iron Maiden +Edonis+ AC/DC+ Turbonegro+ Rammstein+ a lot more!!! :rock2 :rock2 :rock2 :rock2

Tomfurbs
04-05-2008, 05:36 PM
'there was a guy
an under water guy who controlled the sea
got killed by ten million pounds of sludge
from new york and new jersey'

Awesome song.

The Ramones were pretty poppy.

lisaparadise
04-05-2008, 06:36 PM
never heard of those bands but nickleback is by far my fav.

Dino Velvet
04-05-2008, 09:43 PM
How is Black Sabbath pop rock? o_O

Oops-e-daisy! It was late. I just saw rock, not pop rock. My mistake. 40 lashes for me. :oops:

BrassVillanueva
04-06-2008, 08:19 AM
Fall Out Boy. Then again, I'm mostly a Top 40 guy anyway.

redhotmailer
04-08-2008, 06:14 AM
The Knack

2754tim
04-08-2008, 07:44 AM
Ramones.................

blacktgirls
04-08-2008, 09:47 AM
i too luv the pixies and have been a fan of theirs since doollittle came out in '89. i would have seen them open on U2's zoo tv tour on the fall leg in '92 had they not broken up ealier on the spring leg of the tour. i did get to see big audio dynamite and public enemy open for U2 on that tour though and that was when flavor flav was sucking the glass dick and was sane. i did get to see the pixies on their reunion tour in 2004........... kurt cobain said the influence of the pixies is why he too used the soft verse to loud chorus sound...........that said, IT'S NOT A MATTER OF DISCUSSION ON WHO THE ALL TIME GREATEST BAND IS THOUGH BECAUSE WITH A HOTTIE LIKE D'ARCY ON BASS, JIMMY CHAMBERLIN THE GREATEST DRUMMER OF ALL TIME ON DRUMS, JAMES IHA 1/2 OF THE GREATEST GUITAR DOU OF ALL TIME AND THE OTHER 1/2 OF THAT DOU IN BILLY CORGAN WHO IS ALSO THE GREATEST SONG WRITER AND HAS ONE OF MOST UNIQUE AND RECOGNIZABLE VOICES IN ROCK ..." THE SMASHING PUMPKINS "... ARE THE GREATEST BAND OF ALL TIME!!!!!!!!!

lumberjack
04-09-2008, 06:23 AM
From the other side of the pond, the Stone Roses

Realgirls4me
04-09-2008, 06:30 AM
Stepping into my Wayback Machine ... Let's see, something with a hard driving rhythm guitar sound, a distinctive lead rif, discernable lyrics, and commercial acceptance?

Got it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYeUZJdrTwQ

They really do belong in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Only the Beatles and Stones got more airplay and sold more records in the late '60s than they did.

:)

youcancallmeclaire
04-09-2008, 06:40 AM

Did you know Nickelback thinks that all their fans are retarded? They released the same song twice with different lyrics. They didn't think you would notice. Apparently you didn't.

Seriously. They need to be shot for that. It's like a kick to the neck of cultural evolution.

partlycloudy
04-09-2008, 07:42 AM

Did you know Nickelback thinks that all their fans are retarded? They released the same song twice with different lyrics. They didn't think you would notice. Apparently you didn't.

Seriously. They need to be shot for that. It's like a kick to the neck of cultural evolution.
http://www.thewebshite.net/nickelback.htm

bulldog
04-09-2008, 11:46 AM
Trapt, they have my top three favorite songs, Still Frame, Headstrong,and Stand Up.

I am also a big fan of bands like Fall Out Boy, Korn, BuckCherry, Finger Eleven, Seether, Staind, etc.......

Ben

alpha2117
04-09-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm going to make the case for a band to not only be the best, most influentual and one of the most enduring

Joy Division/ New Order

Initially Joy division was formed by a few young guys from Manchester after they had seen a vey early Sex Pistols gig. Where they differed from other Punk ea bands was that their lead singer Ian Curtis had a brillant grasp of songwriting that took them beyond the standards of the era. With a driving bass line played by Peter Hook who basically played it like a lead instrument Joy Division developed a different sound and went in a very different direction to the Pistols. Their music was full of loss and longing rather than anger. She's Lost Control again, Transmission, Atmosphere and Love Will tear US Apart became genuine classics and still sound good today. Bands like the Smiths followed on from them and the whole emo music scene borrows liberally from them. JD began to incorporate synthesisers and arguably blended traditional and emerging technology better than anyone had previously.

Sadly the pain in JD's lyrics was all too real to Ian Curtis who was suffering from increasingly severe epileptic fits and his marrige break up and on the eve of their first US tour he took his own life.

People wrote the rest of the band off when they decided to continue on. The band changed their name to New Order out of respect to Ian.

After their first album the band decided to explore the boundries of where the new technlogy could take them. The result was Blue Monday which went on to become the highest selling 12 inch of all time. Since then the band has continued to produce top quality albums.

The band explored the artisitc aspects of video production and many of their clips set new standards.

They invested in the Hacienda Club and were instrumental in the rebirth of dance music that came out of the north of the uk in the 80's. Their drummer had become the go to guy for sampled drum sounds and he once joked that his snare drum samples for Stock Aitken Waterman had paid for his house.

They have had a huge influence over Goth, Emo, Punk, Indie, House, Dance, Techno and Pop music over the last 30 years. Many of you may never of heard of them but if you were to here their music it would be instantly recognisable.

redhotmailer
04-13-2008, 09:18 PM

JelenaCD
04-13-2008, 11:51 PM
you wanted the best you got the best , the hottest band in the world KISS !