bat1
04-03-2008, 03:35 PM
I'm so sick of people getting jail time, losing there jobs
just for a little weed

it's time to change the laws

let god's weed be!

scroller
04-03-2008, 03:48 PM
Yeah -- the major problem is that the proponents are all potheads who can't even spell, punctuate, or use capitals letters.

Sooo... not much political organizing capacity there.

Tika
04-03-2008, 04:20 PM
If you don't want to suffer the effects of breaking the law... don't break the law.

Jolt711ml
04-03-2008, 06:44 PM
HAHAHA! Too the above post live life under a rock. Follow all the rules and have a long non inspiring life.

jefferson1776
04-03-2008, 06:47 PM
Marijuana is less detrimental than both cigarettes and alcohol....I am sick of the hypocrisy...I hope Barack legalizes it.

Trogdor
04-03-2008, 06:58 PM
If you don't want to suffer the effects of breaking the law... don't break the law.

*Looks you over to see if you are growing any whool* :roll:

No, get rid of the stupid laws. Weed was made a no-no cause Dupont wanted nylon to replace hemp for fabric material, and paid a few high up people in congress to do that for them. It was all about the money.

I say do not legalize it, DECRIMINIZE it. Cause if legalized, it will cost alot, be taxed to death, be of poor quality, and knowing how american law makers are....they'd make it where ya gotta be fuckin' 21 just to get it.

Prostitution, drugs and gambling are things the government outta keep their sticky fingers out of, I say.

Silcc69
04-03-2008, 07:00 PM
I always felt that they should either legalize it or ban cigarettes and alcohol to.

budeluv77
04-03-2008, 07:09 PM

Sure, and if you don't want to break your leg... don't walk anywhere!
Nothing wrong with smoking a little ganja!!!

bat1
04-03-2008, 07:11 PM
Legalizing Marijuana would be a benefit to society. We as a nation would be improved by it. There are several reasons I make this claim. Although Pot has it's problems, it's benefits for outweigh it's consequences.

If Pot were legal, many people would switch from alcohol to Pot. I think that a lot of Alcohol abuse come from the fact that it is the only legal drug and therefore is overused. Alcohol is highly addictive, physically and psychologically destructive, and is a severe drag on society. I think that if Pot were legal that many people would switch to Pot and be much better off. I think one side effect of legalizing Pot would be a major reduction in the abuse of Alcohol and that the number of traffic deaths would drop dramatically.
The only reason Pot isn't legal is because there are a lot of people making money because it's not legal.

Another reason is to save the huge cost in tax dollars wasted in prohibiting Pot and enforcing drug laws that have no benefit to society. If Pot were legal you immediately eliminate the illegal Pot market and get rid of crime associated with Pot money. You could also release from jail all those convicted from Pot related offenses and cut the costs of having to build new prisons to incarcerate normal people. Because of mandatory drug sentencing laws, many states have to release violent offenders to make room for Pot smokers. That's stupid!

Pot has many other uses. Before the lumber industry lobbied Congress to make Pot illegal, Marijuana (known as Hemp) was the primary source of fiber for the production of paper. The United States Constitution is printed on Pot. With today's technologies this fiber can be processed into construction materials that would replace wood products saving our forests and lowering the costs of construction while producing byproducts useful in making fuels to run cars and generate electricity. Hemp is a very hearty plant and would be a good cash crop for our nation's farme

gimmeurblood
04-03-2008, 07:11 PM
honestly i dont want the government regulating my weed.
decriminalize it, ill pay the fine....

Trogdor
04-03-2008, 07:49 PM
Legalizing Marijuana would be a benefit to society. We as a nation would be improved by it. There are several reasons I make this claim. Although Pot has it's problems, it's benefits for outweigh it's consequences.

If Pot were legal, many people would switch from alcohol to Pot. I think that a lot of Alcohol abuse come from the fact that it is the only legal drug and therefore is overused. Alcohol is highly addictive, physically and psychologically destructive, and is a severe drag on society. I think that if Pot were legal that many people would switch to Pot and be much better off. I think one side effect of legalizing Pot would be a major reduction in the abuse of Alcohol and that the number of traffic deaths would drop dramatically.
The only reason Pot isn't legal is because there are a lot of people making money because it's not legal.

Another reason is to save the huge cost in tax dollars wasted in prohibiting Pot and enforcing drug laws that have no benefit to society. If Pot were legal you immediately eliminate the illegal Pot market and get rid of crime associated with Pot money. You could also release from jail all those convicted from Pot related offenses and cut the costs of having to build new prisons to incarcerate normal people. Because of mandatory drug sentencing laws, many states have to release violent offenders to make room for Pot smokers. That's stupid!

Pot has many other uses. Before the lumber industry lobbied Congress to make Pot illegal, Marijuana (known as Hemp) was the primary source of fiber for the production of paper. The United States Constitution is printed on Pot. With today's technologies this fiber can be processed into construction materials that would replace wood products saving our forests and lowering the costs of construction while producing byproducts useful in making fuels to run cars and generate electricity. Hemp is a very hearty plant and would be a good cash crop for our nation's farme

heh, another reason Bush hates the constitution :P

bat1
04-04-2008, 04:18 AM
The idea is to put Mexican drug groups out of business. Legalizing marijuana would see a steep drop in the price of the drug. After all, people would start growing it in their backyards like tomatoes. Not only that; taxes can be levied on the drug and age restrictions kept in place.

youcancallmeclaire
04-04-2008, 04:25 AM
Legalize opiates. But only for me.

*drools on herself*

will802
04-04-2008, 05:41 AM
sanity in a bag

qeuqheeg222
04-04-2008, 08:31 AM
they dont want to legalize it for the basic reason that YOU CAN GROW IT...this would mean no huge mega corp could monopolize the crap out of it..booze has a fermentation process that most dont have the patience for...secondly the govt would have a hard time taxing somthing you consume out of yer yard or herb box in the window???amerika is about monopoly...........

Trogdor
04-04-2008, 10:06 AM
they dont want to legalize it for the basic reason that YOU CAN GROW IT...this would mean no huge mega corp could monopolize the crap out of it..booze has a fermentation process that most dont have the patience for...secondly the govt would have a hard time taxing somthing you consume out of yer yard or herb box in the window???amerika is about monopoly...........

You forgot power trip as well.

Also, the pharmacudical companies, which are all scumbags, will lose profit from painkillers, and you know how the drug companies hate loosing profits, even if they are small or not.

dan_yearsgone83
04-05-2008, 07:08 AM
this thread feels like a collection of pissed off undergrads venting, imo.

it's not gonna happen because any national politician with aspirations beyond his rinky-dink district would be crucified for suggesting such a thing.