PDA

View Full Version : Sat Jul 9. LONDON-Allanah Starr's First Int Party Cancelled?

tgirl in platform heels
07-07-2005, 03:42 PM
Is the party cancelled this Saturday? After the terrorist bombings i imagine the transport system will be shut down or very restricted for the coming days. Just wanted to be reassured that everythings still going ahead and Allanah got to London ok?

LG
07-07-2005, 04:49 PM
Frankly, the least of our worries now should be whether this party goes ahead or not. I do sincerely hope that Allanah is well, of course, but I don't give a flying fuck about the party.

This is no time for parties. It is a time for prayer for and for solidarity with the people of the UK and particularly Londoners. We can only pray for the victim's families, pray that the body count is low, pray that London finds the strength to rebuild, and pray that the G8 leaders find a way to combat terrorism, without ignoring all the other serious issues they need to tackle (like poverty in Africa).

The attacks were barbaric. People died, dozens, perhaps more. Others, numbering in the hundreds have been injured, lost arms or legs or scarred for life, physically and psychologically. London went from jubilation to shock, panic and now almost a stunned silence as the minutes tick and the news channels reveal the carnage.

As a said, I hope Allanah is well if she's in London, but the party? Fuck the party! Who gives a shit now?

GroobySteven
07-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Fuck it - have the party, will take people's minds off it.
The last thing London want's is your prayers.

We've had terrorist attacks there for as long as I've been alive and as someone whose been in multiple bomb scares, I know how resilient that city is to this sort of cowardice.

London needs your support - it doesn't need your prayers or angst.
seanchai

LG
07-07-2005, 05:11 PM
What I'm saying is that the first thoughts in our minds should be with London, with the Londoners, thoughts of support, solidarity and prayers (call them good vibes if you're not religious) that the people overcome, that London finds the strength, that the death toll stops rising.

The first thing on our minds shouldn't be a fucking party.

I agree London has shown resilience. I've lived there a while and have seen its capacity to come back from adversity every time, to rebuild. If you want to call my thoughts angst, call them what you will.

That's all.

gaiseric
07-07-2005, 06:13 PM
I have to agree with Seanchai - have the party and enjoy it. You can't let terrorism rule your life and once you start cancelling events for whatever reason, the terrorists have won. Im used to work in London and still go there every couple of weeks and I know this is the attitude of the populace. After all, we've had terrorism in London and the UK for 30 years and we are not beaten yet.

LG
07-07-2005, 06:31 PM
I'll repeat what I said before.

What I'm saying is that the first thoughts in our minds should be with London, with the Londoners, thoughts of support, solidarity and prayers (call them good vibes if you're not religious) that the people overcome, that London finds the strength, that the death toll stops rising.

The first thing on our minds shouldn't be a fucking party.

I didn't say cancel everything. I didn't say the UK should come to a standstill.I did not say that Londoners should live in fear. Fear of terrorists and respect for the dead and wounded are two very different things. The Olympic bid homecoming celebrations have been cancelled out of respect, not fear.

I just think that right now is not tha time to be worrying about whether a party will go ahead or not.

I was upset because the very first post related to the bombings on this site asked that question- will the party be cancelled. I think my reaction was pretty fair. There are more important things to think about. All I'm saying is get your priorities right.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-07-2005, 06:37 PM
2 days after 9/11 clubs in Manhattan were open, cabs were running, and people were out & about

Allanahs party will most likely go on, especially since the safest place to be in Europe for the next few days will most likely be London.

steeveX
07-07-2005, 06:47 PM
We've had terrorist attacks there for as long as I've been alive and as someone whose been in multiple bomb scares, I know how resilient that city is to this sort of cowardice.

London needs your support - it doesn't need your prayers or angst.
seanchai

couldnt agree more. been to london myself, there were years u had your bi-monthly bombing in London (ira). ull see the brits beeing not as hysterical about that incident as your average yank-republican. condolences to the families of the victims, but no need for overreaction

AllanahStarrNYC
07-07-2005, 07:12 PM
the party will GO on

DO NOT LET THE TERRORIST INTIMIDATE YOU, CHANGE YOUR WAY OF LIFE, OR LET THEM STOP YOU FROM YOUR LIFE. DO NOT LET THE TERRORIST TERRORIZE YOU. THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT.

i have been through three terrorist attacks through 3 different cities and i still get on planes, i still go on,& i do not live in fear. we must bouncer back, we must live out lives.

this is a truly horrible day-but when you give into the fear and terror you give in to the terrorist.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-07-2005, 07:19 PM
as stated above if you look at the clips on CNN or BBC you'll see many Brits walkin like its the norm, if they aren't shaken up by this we shouldn't be..............

Overlord Abomination
07-07-2005, 08:49 PM
I just think that right now is not tha time to be worrying about whether a party will go ahead or no.

There are more important things to think about. All I'm saying is get your priorities right.

You really need to calm down because frankly Theres nothing none of us can do, especially if these attacks are happening in another country. We can send our condolences but beyond that theres nothing you can do. Thats just reality.

flabbybody
07-08-2005, 03:12 AM
of course, Allanah is so right. This party must proceed. Just like in New York after 9/11, when the Mets played the Braves in the first baseball game after the attack. I was there that night at Shea and booed the shit out of Atlanta and things were a little back to normal. I knew we'd be OK when that game was over. That's all we can do to fight these mother fuckers. Carry on with our lives. We're better than them. They hate and kill. hope you have a great time in London. It's a great town and God bless

geekmeat
07-08-2005, 03:36 AM
I think I can speak for everyone here when I say we are happy you are ok.
Im watching the news and pictures are horrific.

LG
07-08-2005, 09:11 AM
BY EDDIE PELLS ASSOCIATED PRESS

New York Mets catcher Mike Piazza wears the NYPD logo on his batting helmet as he takes the field in the top of the fifth inning against the Atlanta Braves in New York in this Sept. 21, 2001 photo. This was the first baseball game in New York since the World Trade Center attack of Sept. 11. Sports, the diversion the nation takes so seriously, seemed trivial compared to the tragedy that befell the nation and the challenges that lied ahead. But the games resumed. What seemed inconsequential in the direct aftermath started to offer comfort to fans.

(AP Photo/Mark Lennihan)

LG
07-08-2005, 09:18 AM
Allanah, I too am truly glad that you are well.

There was a feel that an attack was long coming, it's true, and the UK news said as much. But the world was still shock when it did.

Of course things are slowly getting back to normal, and the British people will show, once again there resilience and strength.

I never said that the people of London should live in fear. No, anything but that. It's just that the idea of a party, with all due respect to everyone who organises and attends these parties (which I would love to attend by the way and was) just seemed so trivial yesterday.

roy404
07-10-2005, 08:06 AM
the party will GO on

DO NOT LET THE TERRORIST INTIMIDATE YOU, CHANGE YOUR WAY OF LIFE, OR LET THEM STOP YOU FROM YOUR LIFE. DO NOT LET THE TERRORIST TERRORIZE YOU. THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT.

i have been through three terrorist attacks through 3 different cities and i still get on planes, i still go on,& i do not live in fear. we must bouncer back, we must live out lives.

this is a truly horrible day-but when you give into the fear and terror you give in to the terrorist.

Strong correct words from a very strong woman.