PDA

View Full Version : Insurances covering SRS surgery a reality?

lahabra1976
03-21-2008, 08:05 PM
I thought about this and I think for now, the answer is no since insurances see SRS surgery as cosmetic and not medically necessary, as in not having will lead to one's death, decreased quality of life, ect. This is why things such as LASIK and breast implants aren't covered despite their wide acceptance. However, breast implant removal can be covered if having it may lead to health problems.

However, I thought about this cause my nephew was on drugs and insurance didn't want to cover drug therapy. His father called and threatened that if they dont cover it, my son may commit suicide or die from drug overdose and end up on the six clock news saying cause insurance didn't cover it. And he asked them "do you want that?" So in the end they ended up covering it.

So I was thinking if you called your insurance and said something similar aobut SRS surgery can insurance consider covering it. Saying something like "if you dont cover my SRS surgery, I may kill myself and be on the six clock news claiming it was cause my insurance didn't cover it." Now granted that you probably aren't a teenager not sure how effective this would work, but wanted to get some opinions in any case to try to "think out of the box."

desolationangel
03-21-2008, 10:13 PM
I don't know anything about it but I would be thrilled if this country finally took its head out of its ass long enough to see that a sex change operation is not a "cosmetic" procedure in the least. Preventing women who need SRS from obtaining it through the outrageous expenses is an evil, backward practice which I'm sure is perpetuated by so-called "Christians" who only use religion to spread hate and intolerance.