PDA

View Full Version : The 4th Of July

hondarobot
07-03-2005, 02:49 AM
Just wondering if anyone is having a cool or interesting 4th weekend (I guess this is primarily for U.S. people)?

Mine so far has been pretty uneventful, but I did see War Of The Worlds today. I wasn't too impressed, good special effects, but it was mostly:

Aliens attack, people run around, dialog was mostly characters shouting each others names repeatedly, The End.

But the tripods were pretty cool.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-03-2005, 03:25 AM
well I wont be going to see "that" now
thanks bruh

hondarobot
07-03-2005, 03:43 AM
WARNING! Minor movie spoilers (very minor, actually)!

I'm not saying it's not worth seeing, it just didn't live up to my expectations. Maybe five scenes that were really cool. Lots of dumb plot points ("They have impenetrable shields! Let's continue to waste ammunition anyways!", to name one).

I was talking to a friend of mine about it today, and we both realized we've become jaded as far as special effects driven movies go. The last time I went "Holy Shit" might have been Jurassic Park. The T-Rex chasing the jeep down the muddy road.

That was kinda the turning point, hard to top it.

Mugai_hentaisha
07-03-2005, 04:03 AM
Actually i thought it was the best attempt of getting the story right for once, the tripods were right out of the book. i didn't care for the idea that "the machines were always here!" bit but I will survive it. :D

Other than that having a nice Independence day weekend after being laid off from my job, brother not coming in and the like :D

we had our martial arts picnic/ demonstration, that was alot of fun.

to everyone; have a very nice weekend.