PDA

View Full Version : Psychology of a transexual woman - share your wisdom

Alaska Guy
03-13-2008, 10:10 PM
This thread is for those that seek a greater understanding of transexual women, beyond their physical beauty - which is quite amazing, to be sure, but that's for another thread :). This is for those that seek to understand the emotional, psychological, mental aspect of a tgirl. Thoughts and experiences from everyone welcome, especially from tg women. Here are some starting questions presented for those who have answers:

What is the psychology of a transexual woman?

Men and women, what have you learned from your personal experiences?

For the ladies: what does being a male to female transexual woman mean to you?

How similar/different are they to gg's? No need to state the obvious, like "they used to have a cock", or "they have a cock".

Are there transexual quirks that are common in most/all transexual women?

Do transexual women tend to be afraid of commitment/abandonment, and thus act out self-destructive behavior - like pushing people away because they feel they are getting too close?

What's the easiest way to lose a transexual woman's trust? What will make a woman think "he's just a chaser"?

These are just a few questions. Forgive me if they seem ignorant or offensive in any way. Feel free to add any questions, comments, etc. Let's underdstand the psychology of a transexual woman.

ps perhaps later we can do a thread based on the "Psychology of a transgender admirer".

filyapanties4me
03-13-2008, 11:00 PM
My decision to officially consider myself and admirer of M2F transsexuality was based opon the since of care sincerity I felt from some of my earlier experiences. Now, it's like smoking weed and trying to re-live that first high, which is typically the most incredible. The T/S women that I'm attracted to are really well-kept, fit , shapely and sharp-witted. It seems, at this stage in the game, the more I learn, the more I attempt to prepare myself for a productive LTR. But now, I'm also realizing there are some general items that I know I would'nt blend well with. Most of the ladies that I like are really self-consumed and seek to be glorified. I've always been the type to place substance over image... yet, I enjoy seeing these Mammas in action... If I could correct the mistakes that I've made in the past, it would be to follow-up more and staying in contact with the ladies who were the most generous with me. I still wish to this day that they would've understood it's a character flaw that I have across the board even with my own family.. maybe they would not have taken it so personal. It's not an excuse though...right is right and wrong is wrong even if it means looking at my own actions.
Now that I have matured so well in that area I find it hard to shake the steroetypes of being considered a tranny chaser or a trick. One thing I know for certainis that as soon as a man is placed in that folder it's almost impossible to throw that vehicle in reverse.

I feel a bit stumped because I find it amazingly diffucult to meet a TG/lady on a casual level outside of the internet, club or ballroom event scene. It's probably why I'm only coming across the more arrogant, defensive and judgemental sistas. I know that there are TG/women out there that I would get along with lovely...I just don't know how to get to'em... For right now, I just can't do the trend chasing and the shallow image hightening. So, I continue to admire from a distance and keep my eye's open for better resources.

Great topic...and for those who took the time out to read my passage with optimism in mind, I would really enjoy your feedback...Thanx!!

Alaska Guy
03-13-2008, 11:18 PM
My decision to officially consider myself and admirer of M2F transsexuality was based opon the since of care sincerity I felt from some of my earlier experiences. Now, it's like smoking weed and trying to re-live that first high, which is typically the most incredible. The T/S women that I'm attracted to are really well-kept, fit , shapely and sharp-witted. It seems, at this stage in the game, the more I learn, the more I attempt to prepare myself for a productive LTR. But now, I'm also realizing there are some general items that I know I would'nt blend well with. Most of the ladies that I like are really self-consumed and seek to be glorified. I've always been the type to place substance over image... yet, I enjoy seeing these Mammas in action... If I could correct the mistakes that I've made in the past, it would be to follow-up more and staying in contact with the ladies who were the most generous with me. I still wish to this day that they would've understood it's a character flaw that I have across the board even with my own family.. maybe they would not have taken it so personal. It's not an excuse though...right is right and wrong is wrong even if it means looking at my own actions.
Now that I have matured so well in that area I find it hard to shake the steroetypes of being considered a tranny chaser or a trick. One thing I know for certainis that as soon as a man is placed in that folder it's almost impossible to throw that vehicle in reverse.

I feel a bit stumped because I find it amazingly diffucult to meet a TG/lady on a casual level outside of the internet, club or ballroom event scene. It's probably why I'm only coming across the more arrogant, defensive and judgemental sistas. I know that there are TG/women out there that I would get along with lovely...I just don't know how to get to'em... For right now, I just can't do the trend chasing and the shallow image hightening. So, I continue to admire from a distance and keep my eye's open for better resources.

Great topic...and for those who took the time out to read my passage with optimism in mind, I would really enjoy your feedback...Thanx!!

Excellent first reply! Thanks for your input and sharing your experiences. I know what you mean; some people want a long term relationship, but where do we find a woman that can realistically expect us to want that?

Being seen at a tg club usually screams "chaser", so I can understand why a woman at a club would not take a guy seriously. BUT, what of those who don't ever want to be a "chaser", but do not know where to find a ts woman? Being labeled and treated like a "chaser" is a horrible feeling, and I find it quite offensive myself. How do you show genuine interest without putting too much out there and making it seem like you are just another "chaser"?

Alaska Guy
03-15-2008, 02:23 PM
bump. I was hoping for more input from you all. I know, everyone loves cock and ass pics, etc., lol, but c'mon!

dreamer
03-15-2008, 02:36 PM
ask yourself THIS question Alaska Guy -----"what is the psychology of YOU?" ----what's the psychology of anyone really? --

Alaska Guy
03-16-2008, 01:21 AM
ask yourself THIS question Alaska Guy -----"what is the psychology of YOU?" ----what's the psychology of anyone really? --

Why post that on this thread? I'm sure I have an insight on my own psychology, and surely others that know me have their unique insights as well. However, I am not wondering what my psychology is, but the psychology of a transexual.

I know that you are trying to say that all people have different psychologies, but surely it's not too much of a stretch to find similarities in any certain sub-type, such as a TRANSEXUAL?

I was hoping more people would share their insights. Maybe the ladies have some insight, but if not...well, what can I say?

BeardedOne
03-16-2008, 01:46 AM
Just a marker for now as I am dead-ass tired and not thinking straight.

A very good thread and one that I want to throw thoughts into and read.

Perhaps in the morning.

BrendaQG
03-16-2008, 04:32 AM
"What is the psychology of a transsexual woman?"

That is going to be different for every TS woman. The only thing that can be safely generalized is that for whatever reasons we all Identify with and as females. Each of us will express that differently.

As for myself the woman I am is shaped by the women who I looked up to. That lead me to being who and what I am.

It could be said I am stating the obvious. But if that's true it would have been said already.

mikejones
03-16-2008, 04:50 AM
Interesting thread Alaska Guy. I have had 3 LTRs with Tgirls, and maybe 8-10 more casual relationships with Tgirls. I really struggle to find anything significant that they have in common though. Their individual characters stick out in my memory much more strongly than anything else.

Enjoyed reading your post filyapanties. Good luck to you dude, stay positive.

lahabra1976
03-16-2008, 06:23 AM
Simple women are from Venus, men from Mars, tgirls from Mercury - very hot, but too hot so no one will go there, at least live there except the brave ones

Alaska Guy
03-16-2008, 10:41 AM
Simple women are from Venus, men from Mars, tgirls from Mercury - very hot, but too hot so no one will go there, at least live there except the brave ones

Yes, some, like me, want to live there! :)

peggygee
03-22-2008, 07:42 AM
Just a marker for now as I am dead-ass tired and not thinking straight.

A very good thread and one that I want to throw thoughts into and read.

Perhaps in the morning.

Ditto, same for me, perhaps on the morrow.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/tea14x3.jpg

:popcorn

yodajazz
03-22-2008, 08:20 AM
People could list common characteristics of tgirls. The problem is that you could meet the one that is an exception and miss out because you have lumped her into the same behavior pattern as everyone else. That why I sometimes say that it is better not to make assumptions about categories of people.

tstv_lover
03-22-2008, 12:16 PM
I agree with yodajazz. There are some common characteristics to the two LTR Tgirl relationships I've experienced, but that might just be a coincidence. What's much more important are the unique characteristic of each.

TS DANIELLE FOXXX
03-22-2008, 01:53 PM
What is the psychology of a transexual woman? Same as any human, except we have extra mental and physical atributes not associated with our birth gender.

Men and women, what have you learned from your personal experiences?

Value true friends ( XOXO Felicia ), value your body, your mind and others. Live life for yourself and never for what others expect you to be.
God yes. I am not 11 days post-operative and all I want to do is to look at my development and take care of myself. I hope this will lead to a more fulfilling life, may God lead me into whatever path that will be more fulfilling and happier.

For the ladies: what does being a male to female transexual woman mean to you?

I am proud of being a transsexual. I personally everyone should be proud of their heritage, but some chose to have surgery and never tell anyone, therefore going back into a life that is full of lies...such as it was before... I think those who chose to be "Stealth" are the ones who seek advice from girls who are open such as myself.

How similar/different are they to gg's? No need to state the obvious, like "they used to have a cock", or "they have a cock".

To me a transsexual is 2 parts of both a male and a female. Some chose to correct the birth "defect" and some enjoy it... I find that when transsexuals learn to embrace both of their sides equaly in some way within thier existance it makes the "fight/war" within the brain put up the white flag and just... exist...as oposed to being unhappy and miserable because you are stuck in the middle.

Are there transexual quirks that are common in most/all transexual women?

Self-Esteem issues, insecurities, us always seeing " the boy in the mirror " even after transition ( this leads to FFS usually ), depression, the need for constant validation, attention, and the list goes on... But if I find those "quirks" to be shared by all humans, not just transsexuals.

Do transexual women tend to be afraid of commitment/abandonment, and thus act out self-destructive behavior - like pushing people away because they feel they are getting too close?

Yes, like everyone who has been hurt - You became aprehensive.

What's the easiest way to lose a transexual woman's trust? What will make a woman think "he's just a chaser"?

If you are reading this you may find that you do care...I for once am enjoying my new found virginity. I am starting fresh. But having a broken heart is the worst thing and it nearly killed me. But instead of saying " all men are chasers" I looked within myself and found my own answer. If someone will like me they will like me for who I am and not for what's between my legs.

If you like transsexuals because we have/had a cock then for obvious reasons you are not someone I would like to be associated with.

Transsexuals should seek to find their 6th sense and awareness. When they learn to distinguish between - a man teliing you what you want to hear just to get in your pants, and one who trully is a worthy human being, who not only contributes your lives together but also does his deep for others as well....

tstv_lover
03-22-2008, 10:13 PM
Thanks for the considered, eloquent and insightful comments Danielle.

BeardedOne
03-23-2008, 12:08 AM
Oy! It's taken me two weeks to catch up to this and I am still dead-ass tired and incoherent. I think it may even be after I fell down the fucking stairs the second time (Dates eludes me).

Danielle! Congrats on your re-birth lady! Glad to see you posting and I was both informed and very moved by your latest YouTube post. I now keep a towel handy for the sympathetic tears.

While the initial questions of the OP seem somewhat superficial at the outset, they do dig into deeper puzzles that will plague this community for far longer than any of us may draw breath.

To quote the average DVD Special Features menu: The following comments are those of the individual and do not reflect the views of HA or its related production company or other entities.

Based more on observation than experience, but please allow for proximity to the community/culture.

The psychology of a T-Girl/TS/Shemale/MTF/etc.:

They tend to be lonely, as many (Too many) have been criticized/ostracized by friends, family, colleagues, and community for being outside of gender norms.

They tend to be angry, because such marginalization by the world at large places them in a culture of one that is both difficult to maintain and near impossible to advance.

They tend to be distrustful, as there is a small enclave of the overall culture that views them as fetish objects, expressing 'love' only via physical venues and subject entirely on their own physical gender status (Pre-op/Non-op/Post-op).

They tend to be jealous, envious, and vindictive, as the few that strive to attain freedom from the unnatural 'norm' of the overall culture will knowingly or unconsciously turn on one of their own to further their personal journey to happiness.

They tend to be hardened, as their experiences with family, friends, coworkers, and neighbors has taught them that even the brightest smile may hide the foulest of enemies.

They tend to be self-loathing, as the person in the mirror is, more often than not, a total stranger to them.

They tend to be unaware, as those that truly care for them fall by the wayside under labels of 'cockhound', 'cockbandit', 'chaser', or 'john'.

In all other aspects, their psychology is very much mundane. They worry about work, paying bills, the weather, and who is getting whacked on the Sopranos this week.