PDA

View Full Version : Arnold Schwarzenegger Young VS. Old

bat1
03-11-2008, 07:27 PM
he's getting a little puggy

ottorocket
03-11-2008, 07:36 PM
Unfair. The guy was 30 in those early pics...he's what 60 in the other, and serving the State. He's not training like Sly Stallone on growth hormone either to make another movie...gotta respect what he's done with his other muscle of late...his brain.

thx1138
03-11-2008, 07:39 PM
LOL, Arnold on the right looks like me.

FREEFALLL666
03-11-2008, 09:32 PM
Unfair. The guy was 30 in those early pics...he's what 60 in the other, and serving the State. He's not training like Sly Stallone on growth hormone either to make another movie...gotta respect what he's done with his other muscle of late...his brain.Yea the only exercise he gets now is signing Death Warrants and ordering State-Murder..

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
03-11-2008, 09:50 PM
not saying shit because gravity hits us all eventually no matter how many surgeons you know

Supai
03-11-2008, 10:48 PM
Yea the only exercise he gets now is signing Death Warrants and ordering State-Murder..

Truly there is no higher cause. :twisted:

62des
03-12-2008, 12:38 AM
What's the damn point of lifting weights if you're not going to lift all your life. I'm muscular and I plan on lifting weights until the day I die.

bat1
03-12-2008, 12:50 AM
when your old your old! you can lift all you want

there's no running away from mother nature. :)

62des
03-12-2008, 12:53 AM
no not true. lifting weights actually reverse the aging process. Studies show it and plus look at some of the stars like hulk hogan and countless others that still has muscle mass in their 60s and up. He could've easily stayed big but I guess politics left him no spare time at all to lift weights that and he just lost the drive to do it. Looking really fit while being old is nothing miraculous its just a matter of are you willing to put the work in.

bat1
03-12-2008, 12:58 AM
hulk looks a little cheesey
arms look good! big tummy, fat legs
he's showing his age too

62des
03-12-2008, 01:20 AM
Not bad as you think. If you look closely that isn't exactly a "fat" stomach. He has a bulky midsection which means that he hypertrophied his midsection so it looks like a beer belly. Notice how you can still see his six pack of abs without him contracting at all. But still this is a guy who's had multiple surgeries. Think about people without things like surgery holding them back. If you want more just research bodybuilding and powerlifting at old ages and you'll see more than a handful of people there. Its always the misconception that you cant beat aging. You can but not in the face. lol But really have you noticed that most of the people you know that are old complain about their backs? Not because they lifted something heavy and hurt it. But because they neglect it. If you don't workout your back musles don't expect it to last long when you get old. I was doing deadlifts in the gym the other day and this guy said I wouldn't do those if I were you because they could lead to back problems. Notice how the guy that lifts with his back on a regular basis is without the back problems. Same applies to the whole body. But there is a such thing as overuse too. I even see people as young as me with problems with their backs.

the_corner
03-12-2008, 01:42 AM
hulk looks a little cheesey
arms look good! big tummy, fat legs
he's showing his age too

Looks like Hulk spends too much time in the tanning bed or something like that.... :lol:

Trogdor
03-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Not bad as you think. If you look closely that isn't exactly a "fat" stomach. He has a bulky midsection which means that he hypertrophied his midsection so it looks like a beer belly. Notice how you can still see his six pack of abs without him contracting at all. But still this is a guy who's had multiple surgeries. Think about people without things like surgery holding them back. If you want more just research bodybuilding and powerlifting at old ages and you'll see more than a handful of people there. Its always the misconception that you cant beat aging. You can but not in the face. lol But really have you noticed that most of the people you know that are old complain about their backs? Not because they lifted something heavy and hurt it. But because they neglect it. If you don't workout your back musles don't expect it to last long when you get old. I was doing deadlifts in the gym the other day and this guy said I wouldn't do those if I were you because they could lead to back problems. Notice how the guy that lifts with his back on a regular basis is without the back problems. Same applies to the whole body. But there is a such thing as overuse too. I even see people as young as me with problems with their backs.

Yeppers, thanks for beating me to it. :)

I work out as well, I'm a hard gainer, meaning I gotta pretty much work really hard to gain size, though I do have muscle and a 6 pack ( going for 8 in the future :wink: ), as well as being able to bench 200, and do 300 on a vertical leg press, etc, and I agree with you that just cause you get older, does not mean we are gonna get fatter, saggier and flabbier. If you take care of yourself, you can look and feel much younger than your chronological age.

And if some of you folks stll don't believe me and you need real proof, that one need not have their body go to hell as one ages, then look at this man.....

http://www.bobdelmonteque.com/images/scan0017_jpg.jpg

http://www.bobdelmonteque.com/images/scan0018_jpg.jpg

http://www.bobdelmonteque.com/images/scan0016_jpg.jpg

http://www.bobdelmonteque.com/images/gymbicep_jpg.jpg

http://www.bobdelmonteque.com/famousweidershot.jpg

http://www.bobdelmonteque.com/images/gymscan0011_jpg.jpg

http://www.bobdelmonteque.com/images/scan0004.jpg

http://www.bobdelmonteque.com/images/meditation1_jpg.jpg

This guy is 84 years old, folks. How many men in their 30's, let alone 80's, have shoulders and 6 pack abs like this dude?

This guy's one of my inspirations and I intend to be as fit as him at that age. 8)

62, if you got any advice to help a hardgainer like myself, feel free to let me know. :)

thx1138
03-12-2008, 10:19 AM
@trogdor: more protein, rest days. No more than 3 sets per exercise, final set to failure. legs: no more than 5 sets per exercise.

Shining Star
03-12-2008, 01:35 PM
Suppose one wouldn't mind "Arnold's" aging body, but he will insist on parading around the beaches as if he was still the hottest strudel boy in Baravia. I mean in front of children.

Speedo's on even young fit men are a bit much, but there comes a time when a man should put it away.

As for former body builder's bodies, the governor's is pretty much normal from what I've seen. Known many men who were buffed and built in their 20's and 30's, then marriage, 9-5, gravity and time take their toll. In some cases it's rather like looking at a woman who was tight but full figured in her youth, but the ravages of time and childbirth left her body spreading and sagging.

kalina
03-12-2008, 02:59 PM
There are 300 pound men and women walking around on the beach. Arnold's fine for his age. But that's the problem with guys who are too big and muscular when they're younger. They have to keep at it, working out constantly, otherwise all the extra bulk just turns gloopy.

I swear Stallone looks bigger (more muscular) in his new movie than in the original First Blood. Back when I was bodybuilding, I'd never consider the HGH/steroid route.

Coroner
03-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Unfair. The guy was 30 in those early pics...he's what 60 in the other, and serving the State. He's not training like Sly Stallone on growth hormone either to make another movie...gotta respect what he's done with his other muscle of late...his brain.Yea the only exercise he gets now is signing Death Warrants and ordering State-Murder..

Since he´s from Austria, a stadium in his native Graz was named after him. When he was elected as the new governor, the stadium was renamed because of the death penalty. Schwarzenegger was never an actor but a businessman.

Here, Schwarznegger better than De Niro or Al Pacino: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wsHLbZyA2Uk&feature=related

south ov da border
03-12-2008, 05:51 PM
I got 2 words for you...Jack Lalane...

Trogdor
03-12-2008, 08:44 PM
There are 300 pound men and women walking around on the beach. Arnold's fine for his age. But that's the problem with guys who are too big and muscular when they're younger. They have to keep at it, working out constantly, otherwise all the extra bulk just turns gloopy.

I swear Stallone looks bigger (more muscular) in his new movie than in the original First Blood. Back when I was bodybuilding, I'd never consider the HGH/steroid route.

Well, muscle does not go gloppy....one simply either looses muscles tissue and/or gains fat tissue, but the 2 are totally different things.

I can see Arnold leaping back into the gym more when he's done with politics.

iloveshemales77
03-12-2008, 09:55 PM
@ trogdor: that guy is 84?!! Unfuckingbelievable! Also sporting some expensive dental work. Dunno tho, still looks a bit freakish to me.

Trogdor
03-12-2008, 10:10 PM
@ trogdor: that guy is 84?!! Unfuckingbelievable! Also sporting some expensive dental work. Dunno tho, still looks a bit freakish to me.

You make that sound like a bad thing. :wink: I plan to be a 'freakish' as possible at that age. 8)

Better than looking like a witherd, pear-shaped mummy with boney arms and legs you see on a typical 84 year old.

Plus, there are plenty of older people who have their own teeth. :P