PDA

View Full Version : Music video question........................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
06-30-2005, 10:16 PM
Has the music video (primarily the style overly used since the late 90's) destroyed the image of younger women in our society?

Spanky
06-30-2005, 10:49 PM
No.

Overlord Abomination
07-01-2005, 01:21 AM
I say yes, Im not complaining at all, But girls seem to be alot more Sexually aware of their bodies and how to use it.My bro and cousins were having an argument and The point was brought up that these young (In this particular case we were talkin about extremely young girls like 14) girls were sexually active and Undoubtly extremely promiscuous, Ultimately leading to a life of No self worth. Not to say all of them will, But theres no way To guage the future.

Thats my perspective at least.

Man Fuck It
07-01-2005, 02:26 AM
no.

poor parenting has destroyed the mindsets of young women in our generation.

i'm sick of dumb ass people who place blame on all the external factors that may or may not have indirect contributions to our societal issues instead of placing the blame on broken households, lax parenting, and all out child abandoment.

kids should have a healthy fear/respect of the parents, parents and kids should never ever never be best friends.

stop letting the entertainment industry dictate to you as a parent what is right and wrong. how are you going to take parenting advice from a chick who don't have any kids (*cough*OPRAH*cough)

shits crazy my nizzle

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
07-01-2005, 04:04 AM
actually I think overlord & the rookie BOTH have valid points, I blame the music industry & I also blame the parents allowing their kids to go to the video tryouts

Hugh Jarrod
07-01-2005, 10:07 AM
I agree with a lot of what you just said except the nizzle thing.

no.

poor parenting has destroyed the mindsets of young women in our generation.

i'm sick of dumb ass people who place blame on all the external factors that may or may not have indirect contributions to our societal issues instead of placing the blame on broken households, lax parenting, and all out child abandoment.

kids should have a healthy fear/respect of the parents, parents and kids should never ever never be best friends.

stop letting the entertainment industry dictate to you as a parent what is right and wrong. how are you going to take parenting advice from a chick who don't have any kids (*cough*OPRAH*cough)

shits crazy my nizzle

Chica
07-01-2005, 10:42 AM
yeah music vids have destroyed the image, especially after what i saw last night at a club

i went in, not many people about (its 18 to drink in UK) and the dj said he wanted 2 ppl for a dance-off, and two had gotten straight up into the podiums... but these two girls looked 16 max, and what song, moulon rouge... and they were showing everyone what was under their skirts and stuff it was horrible to think what would happen if their mothers found out

when it came to the judging, about 2 people screamed everyone else looked away, which is right but how they get past the bouncers?

EvilTwin
07-01-2005, 07:12 PM
Music as a whole has been blamed for corrupting our children since Ugg starting beating a tune on his mammoth skin drum. In the 50's and 60's Rock n' Roll was the Devil's music. (Looking at the way I turned out, that might be valid :D ) Personally, I think the morals and values of the current society affect our music, rather than the music affecting our morals and values.

flabbybody
07-01-2005, 10:24 PM
I think 'man fuck it' makes a good point about the parenting thing. take these cowardly pricks from Howard Beach that need baseball bats to beat up people who are different than them. I guarantee their parents are low-life white trash who taught their kids to hate when they were very young.

It amazes me that there are still people like this. let alone that they live in New York, the suposed city of tolerence. sorry for the off topic ramble.

hondarobot
07-02-2005, 02:52 AM
You can't blame the Entertainment Industry, or the Music Industry (or whatever) for effecting the youth in a negative way or anything else.

To a certain extent you Can blame parents for certain missteps during their kids formative years.

But the truth of the matter is that every individual is ultimately responsible for their own behaviour, despite outside influences. If someone can't use common sense and think for themselves, that's their problem and placing blame on outside factors is extremely weak.

That might sound a bit harsh, but personal responsibility is something I really believe should be stressed more then just looking for an excuse.