is about knocking it down...LRH means well ..Scientology has help
many people! I've seen it.. many people have come off drugs
and found a purpose in life in Scientology. people hate what they
don't understand...there's a reason why there's over a million
Scientoglists in world...many actors are in it ..do you think they
would waste there time on something that did not work or help
mankind? I would think not!

Knowing how to know..it's how to get better in life

BTW.. it's no cult... you can quit at anytime ....
again someone who don't understands had to call it a cult

cheers
Ed

TheOne1
03-09-2008, 06:40 PM
L Ron Hubbard, books been around a long time, I have read some
I went to the ORG there in LA, down Sunset Blvd near vermont
took the Comm course it was fun..I don't know what the big deal
many people! I've seen it ok! many people have come off drugs

if they are helpful, then http://www.whyaretheydead.net/

scroller
03-09-2008, 07:01 PM
Fuck 'em. I'll say that about any cult (even the big ones).

I run into them every Friday night at the 42nd Street A-train stop, running a table they say is for "Stress Tests". I keep wanting to stop and tell the marks "You do know this is an opening for the Scientology religion, don't you?" Haven't done it yet.

Normal religions at least have the decency to say "Hey, we're here for religion X". Scientology is a whole different kind of deceptive beast.

scroller
03-09-2008, 07:03 PM
.. do you think they would waste there time on something that did not work or help mankind?

Absolutely. That's been proven hundreds of times throughout history.

trish
03-09-2008, 07:46 PM
Scientology is not a cult; it's a crock!

BrendaQG
03-09-2008, 07:52 PM
My father tells me that L. Ron Hubbard bet a friend that he could invent a religion.

trish
03-09-2008, 08:14 PM
Actually, I believe inventing religions is one of the oldest professions; perhaps older than the allegedly oldest. It's a reliable way to make a living, though taking out franchises on an already established religion is easier and also lucrative.

TheOne1
03-09-2008, 08:29 PM
chef, from south park, after making many episodes joking about other religions, quits over scientology episode;

"The battle began in earnest earlier this week when Isaac Hayes, another celebrity Scientologist and longtime show member — voicing the ladies' man Chef — quit the show, saying he could no longer tolerate its religious "intolerance and bigotry."

Stone and Parker didn't buy that either.

On Monday, Stone told The Associated Press, "This is 100% having to do with his faith in Scientology...He has no problem — and he's cashed plenty of checks — with our show making fun of Christians."

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2006-03-17-south-park-scientology_x.htm

One thing that interests me is the way they picket, harass, and sue (with no reason to sue) just to quiet people from criticizing them.

not for scientology, or against it, just curious what other people thought.

BeardedOne
03-09-2008, 09:29 PM
My father tells me that L. Ron Hubbard bet a friend that he could invent a religion.

Legend has it that it was based on a bar bet between Hubbard, Isaac Asimov, Forrest J. Ackerman, Robert Bloch, and Ray Bradbury and stems from their discussion of tax shelters for new found income from their growing fame as SF authors.

thx1138
03-09-2008, 10:50 PM
Hubbard took a lot of elements from Buddhism, added some of his own and modernized it using a western type ad campaign. what it does is to release an individual from past traumatic events that are negatively affecting one's present life. Nothing morally wrong with that except it's VERY expensive. In catholiscism one confesses one's sins in order to break away from their power to cause unhappiness. So in that repect there's yet another similarity to modern established religions and psychotherapy. Hubbard died in 1985. There's talk he's been "reincarnated" in Tomcat's daughter Suri.

thx1138
03-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Hubbard took a lot of elements from Buddhism, added some of his own and modernized it using a western type ad campaign. what it does is to release an individual from past traumatic events that are negatively affecting one's present life. Nothing morally wrong with that except it's VERY expensive. In catholiscism one confesses one's sins in order to break away from their power to cause unhappiness. So in that repect there's yet another similarity to modern established religions and psychotherapy. Hubbard died in 1985. There's talk he's been "reincarnated" in Tomcat's daughter Suri.

thx1138
03-09-2008, 10:52 PM
@ Mods: pls. delete my second post. Your software is manifesting anomalies.

thx1138
03-09-2008, 11:02 PM
Regarding dead Scientologists they dropped their body and as spirits will assume control of another body in a future life. Many religions have this concept: present life means little. It's the hereafter that's all important. Were these "deaths" investigated? Any Scientologists prosecuted? Fines for criminal negligence levied? The article gives only half the story.

blacktgirls
03-09-2008, 11:03 PM
google jerry o'connel's tom cruise spoof.

TheOne1
03-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Regarding dead Scientologists they dropped their body and as spirits will assume control of another body in a future life. Many religions have this concept: present life means little. It's the hereafter that's all important. Were these "deaths" investigated? Any Scientologists prosecuted? Fines for criminal negligence levied? The article gives only half the story.

arrests have been made relating to deaths, and also hubbard and his wife were arrested for an incident involving fbi infultration. the several articles the info was taken from are listed in the ending credits of this video http://youtube.com/watch?v=l0heJlRGjLg google any article you'd like to (news articles, I believe)

Im not saying that scientology is the only cult or religion that has done these things, but they just seem ignorant about it

JANIRA
03-10-2008, 03:15 AM
SCIENTOLOGY??? HMM... ISN'T THIS THE SAME RELIGION THAT A FAMILY YEARS AGO WAS PART OF, THAT THEIR INFANT CHILD GOT SICK AND REFUSED TO GIVE THE POOR BABY MEDICENE , JUST CAUSE THE RELIGION SWORE IT WAS EVIL OR AGAINST GOD , AND THEY WILL PRAY FOR IT TO GET BETTER ON PRAYER ALONE??............THE BABY DIED!

tonkatoy
03-10-2008, 03:26 AM
I thought that one was a Christian Scientist.

JANIRA
03-10-2008, 03:40 AM
aint it the same,,,loll??....

chefmike
03-10-2008, 05:52 AM

cheers
Ed

LMFAO...you can't possibly be serious...or are you really that gullible?

Scientology exposed:

http://clambake.org/

bat1
03-10-2008, 06:04 AM
Clambake is run by people who got kicked out of Scientology

as far as being gullible I think not..it works seen many people
go up the grades to OT

there doing better then ever :D

Scientology is growing more then ever my friend

people will always put down what they don't understand
just like Transexuals people don't understand them
so they get put down too.. :cry:

mischelle
03-10-2008, 06:18 AM
Why invent a new religion, Why not resurrect a far older one? Lol. If this was the case then I believe as my ancient ancestors did. When I die I will be brought back to the halls of Valhalla as a Valkyrie of Othin.

chefmike
03-10-2008, 06:33 AM
Clambake is run by people who got kicked out of Scientology

That is a total crock of shit, you naive dupe.

Keep drinking that kool-aid.

Jim Jones would have loved you.

There's a sucker born every minute...

chefmike
03-10-2008, 06:37 AM
BTW, who gets "kicked out" of the cult of scientology? The suckers that have run out of money?

chefmike
03-10-2008, 06:50 AM
people will always put down what they don't understand
just like Transexuals people don't understand them
so they get put down too..

LMFAO...what the fuck does that cult have to do with the TS world? Not a damn thing. The only people who don't understand that scientology is a monumental scam that PT Barnum would have envied are credulous and exploitable schmucks like yourself. Pull your head out of your ass. I guess they don't call it la-la land for nuthin'...

lupinIII
03-10-2008, 06:52 AM
All religions have their downfalls, Scientology I disagree with on its financial side, wherein it is basically a freakin' pyramid scheme. Also on its ideas about mental illness and psychiiatry where you have jackholes like Tom Cruise preach about how there is no such thing as bi-polar disorder or post-natal depression and that anyone who has a serious mental illness shouldn't be given any medication but 'counselling'. Not to mention their psuedo-scientific explanations on why all psychologists and psychiatrists are evil.

But then again with Christianity you have to deal with these asshole figureheads who have their own exclusivist takes on the scriptures where God may hate gays, blacks, women, etc. I used to know a Jehovah's witness, her religion dictated that no invasive medical procedures be performed, meaning that if she for example sufferred dramatic blood loss through an injury her religion disallows her from recieving a blood transfusion.

Religion is irritating, I like blasphemy and heathenism.

FREEFALLL666
03-10-2008, 06:31 PM
All religions are cults. Some are less sinister than others, but in the end it's all the same, you have to suspend reason and believe in the supernatural.

Reason.. not superstition.. look into it!

your thoughts on the cult/religion?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QiiKM34sIQA&feature=related

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K3SfSs18D1wReligion, belief system based on free sharing of information and beliefs. Ask a priest for a copy of the bible and he will give you one for free.

Cult, Scam based upon "enlightenment" through paying vast sums of money to the organisation for furtherment of knowledge. Ask for a copy of Scientology's beliefs expect to pay $40,000.

Are we "Clear"?

Example of Sceintology techniques, You dont understand something, you are told to look it up in a dictionary, this is supposedly to stop the immense physical and mental agony caused to your Thetan. Then you, in order to demonstrate understanding of the word head to a table with kilos of clay to physically demonstrate the definitions of the words.
Tecnique 2, The E-Meter emits low voltage electricity that causes the brain to emmit endorphins gradually, whilst you are being "Audited" you are given higher volts, not high enough to cause a physical sensation but a good mental feeling. That is akin to going to a church and having Opium pumped into the Confession Box...
Tecnique 3, you sign over your house to the Cult of $Cien£ology who then in turn agree to 4 hour E-Meter Audits and you pay them rent for you property.

They dont tell outsiders the full story of XENU and the Volcanos with nukes to blow souls away, WHY? Well only and ONLY a $cien£ologist who has attained the internal wisdom (SEE PAYED FUCKING THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS TO THE CULT) can take the power of the knowlege.

Dodika
03-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Every religion is a prison for mind. Religions are only for weak people to know where they belong.

south ov da border
03-10-2008, 07:11 PM
scientology is a sham, it's one big self help book. Christianity is like an addiciton where you need help to kick your humanity, islam is like being born with Tourettes, and you need to have constant habits to offset the tics. It's all for control purposes. If you control what people think, then they control themselves you just have to steer. Personally that's my belief.

pretty soon all religions will be proven to be false, or at least nothing near what they claim to be. I don't do religion, and this is somebody who spent 6 days a week in church growing up and also has a biblical/hebrew name. I learned about the pop. control, and the mental control. They don't want you to think for yourselves, they want you to think that you are too weak as a person and have to rely on a diety of some sort.

Anyway that's my take, just an opinion...

trish
03-10-2008, 08:49 PM
In my opinion, a proper interpretation of the separation of church and state would deny the government of the United States the power to declare what and what is not recognized as a religion. This would mean for tax purposes as well as for any other purpose. As a consequence privately held properties would be subject to taxation, churches included.

chefmike
03-19-2008, 09:26 PM
CULT FRICTION

Some great stuff in April's issue of Radar magazine about the scientology cult and it's zombie zealots in Hollywood...very eye-opening and also a good read.

http://radaronline.com/from-the-magazine/2008/03/scientology_anonymous_protests_tom_cruise_01.php

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2008/03/anonymous-to-wish-l-ron-hubbard-a-very-happy-birthday.php

ezed
03-20-2008, 05:48 AM
I cannot for the life of me, figure what is the fascination with this religion. Before I knew of scientology, as a younger lad, I saw this guy L. Ron Hubbard wrote this 12 volume sci-fi series.

Wow, this will keep me occupied for some time! I began reading the first volume "Battlefield Earth" (the one they made the bomb movie about with John Travolta). At my young age loving everything Sci-fi, I got a quarter of the way thru the book, I threw it out. Never did that before.

I thought, this guy sucks as a writer! Mind you, this is years before I heard of scientology, or the movie was a gleam in anyones eyes.

This was the stupidest writing I'd ever seen. It was like reading a pre-schooler romantic novel. It was worse than a romantic novel. I challenge anyone to read this novel, cover to cover. If you can, you're a waterhead and need scientology.

Man, our race is retarded if we buy into his shit. The guy writes like a .... I don't know ... I never threw a book in the trash before that. It wasn't because of content.... it just sucked.

I need to start a religion. It cant' be this easy. :?

Nowhere
03-20-2008, 06:07 AM
I understand how the Ponzi Cult works. The lower levels of it comprise of both a sizable amount of networking ability (in terms of hollywood) and day-to-day organization of life for people who don't have their act together.

It's almost an ideal trap for people who are desperate for success and validation through hollywood fame. That's what drags people into it.

What bothers me most of it is not that a number of people are into it, or that it burns their money. What bothers me is the faux "science" surrounding it from their "e-meters" to their amateur take on psychology.

With the immense wealth funneled into it, given enough time, you're going to have a more powerful anti-(true) science force than the backwoods Middle America "Christians" currently have against evolution.

In an odd way, this makes me thankful so many Jewish people are in the media, since their ethnic and cultural heritage will never be part of that, and they'll never entirely take over the media (not that i'm one of those crazy people who believe they "control' the media, but many are involved).

But, in time, you're going to get a lot more of the Scientology BS proselytized all over the tube, and that's really going to become a problem, for the overall direction of humanity.

yodajazz
03-20-2008, 08:14 AM
All religions have their downfalls, Scientology I disagree with on its financial side, wherein it is basically a freakin' pyramid scheme. Also on its ideas about mental illness and psychiiatry where you have jackholes like Tom Cruise preach about how there is no such thing as bi-polar disorder or post-natal depression and that anyone who has a serious mental illness shouldn't be given any medication but 'counselling'. Not to mention their psuedo-scientific explanations on why all psychologists and psychiatrists are evil....

I am not defending Scientology per say, I just want to point out that the belief that mental health issues can be treated through changing behavior and changing thought patterns with thought techniques, is a legitimate therapeutic approach. It is called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It can be used in conjunction with medication, but medication is viewed as only a short term solution.

Naturally, I do not believe that psychiatrists and psychologists are ‘evil’. But the belief that medications are overused in today’s society is shared by many, not just Scientologists and includes some schools of thought within psychology itself.

lupinIII
03-20-2008, 09:19 AM
That's the thing though, as far as I can remember, Scientology's form of counselling doesn't have any basis on research but simply states facts about people's psyches which have no basis on any research, whether it be empirical or scientific. It's also known to deny many of the disorders that have been demonstrated psychologically, medically and pathologically.

It is true that medication is over-used but that doesn't mean that when it is necessary, wherein behavioural patterns are too disruptive (or destructive), it has no merit. It's an overtly biomedical way of looking at something as complex as mental illness where a myriad of different consequences can occur through one form of treatment, but I'd trust it further than the next religion that offers self-help based on God's (Allah's, Buddha's, Hubbard's, Shiva's, Allanah Starr's, Joe Strummer's) teachings.

I don't know if anyone has seen this but recently a whole bunch of Australian women have spoken out against Mercy Ministries, a community help center for young women who needed help with various psycho-social maladies such as eating disorders, substance abuse, clinical depression etc. wherein the in-patients are forced to sign away any financial welfare they recieve and the only help given is regular Bible scripture reading and interpretation, all friendship and peer support/counselling is forbidden, contact with the outside world is similarly forbidden and any breaking these rules results in expulsion from the program for these people who may have previously been in dire need of help and who now have no other recourses.

Mercy Ministries is operated in conjunction with the Hillsong churches which started out in the U.S. I believe and is also funded by Gloria Jean's coffee.

This example is a much more disturbing occurence than Scientology because of its closed covert nature, and the obvious corporate sponsorship, but it is still a similar occurence where our social systems are straining to provide support and the people who can't get the help they need from secular sources needs to seek alternate methods which may end up doing more harm than good.

Nowhere
03-20-2008, 09:37 AM
All religions have their downfalls, Scientology I disagree with on its financial side, wherein it is basically a freakin' pyramid scheme. Also on its ideas about mental illness and psychiiatry where you have jackholes like Tom Cruise preach about how there is no such thing as bi-polar disorder or post-natal depression and that anyone who has a serious mental illness shouldn't be given any medication but 'counselling'. Not to mention their psuedo-scientific explanations on why all psychologists and psychiatrists are evil....

I am not defending Scientology per say, I just want to point out that the belief that mental health issues can be treated through changing behavior and changing thought patterns with thought techniques, is a legitimate therapeutic approach. It is called Cognitive Behavioral Therapy. It can be used in conjunction with medication, but medication is viewed as only a short term solution.

Naturally, I do not believe that psychiatrists and psychologists are ‘evil’. But the belief that medications are overused in today’s society is shared by many, not just Scientologists and includes some schools of thought within psychology itself.

That would be fine if that was what they believe but they truly believe Xenu captured alien souls and those alien souls latch onto our human bodies, being the cause of our "mental issues".

They PRETEND to legitimatize it by using the "overprescription" issue, but they don't believe in that. They believe ANY prescription is "overprescription", regardless if the person truly, truly needs it or not (for the aforementioned reasons). People have died as a result of this "religious belief" :roll:

And i'm not saying that in some cases, natural solutions can overcome prescription, but it's not like they're doing some sort of scientific analysis of that. They honestly do not believe in psychology, at all, and believe our bodies are tormented by evil alien souls. And, that, is as factual as believing in santa claus and the tooth fairy.

It's too bad not a single person in the media has had the balls to call any single Scientologist on this faux "overprescription" argument they pretend to believe in...

alpha2117
03-20-2008, 09:55 AM
Scientology is a dangerous cult. Their personality test is designed to target those people who are easily maipulated.

lupinIII
03-20-2008, 10:10 AM
That would be fine if that was what they believe but they truly believe Xenu captured alien souls and those alien souls latch onto our human bodies, being the cause of our "mental issues".

They PRETEND to legitimatize it by using the "overprescription" issue, but they don't believe in that. They believe ANY prescription is "overprescription", regardless if the person truly, truly needs it or not (for the aforementioned reasons). People have died as a result of this "religious belief" :roll:

And i'm not saying that in some cases, natural solutions can overcome prescription, but it's not like they're doing some sort of scientific analysis of that. They honestly do not believe in psychology, at all, and believe our bodies are tormented by evil alien souls. And, that, is as factual as believing in santa claus and the tooth fairy.

It's too bad not a single person in the media has had the balls to call any single Scientologist on this faux "overprescription" argument they pretend to believe in...

Uhh, yeah, what he said, I think you put it a whole lot clearer and more succinctly.

lupinIII
03-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Scientology is a dangerous cult. Their personality test is designed to target those people who are easily maipulated.

Very good, and Christianity is a dangerous religion because their sermons and scriptures are designed to target those people who are easily manipulated.

alpha2117
03-20-2008, 10:22 AM

Very good, and Christianity is a dangerous religion because their sermons and scriptures are designed to target those people who are easily manipulated.

Arguably you are right but in any of the established religions cases they have the advantage of hundreds or thousands of years of history which means that you cant be 100% sure of the truth of anything it all comes down to faith. In Scientology's case a failing sci-fi writer who had previoulsy dabbled into satanism (according to his own son) came up with a scam - that this scam has grown into this dangeous cult that uses some very questionable methods is something that has occured in the last 1/2 century.

Has anyone wondered why they are so against Psychiatry? Could it be that they target weak individuals with mental problems and manipulate them?

lupinIII
03-20-2008, 10:54 AM
So are you basically saying that while it's arguable that the older more established religions may very well be just as bad as Scientology [in my opinion potentially much worse, look at the impetus behind things as horrific as the Spanish Inquisition (Catholicism), the Salem massacre (Puritan Christianity and repressed sexuality) and 9/11 (Islam)] they're OK because there's the shred of hope that the ideology backing them is true?

I disagree with that on any and every level possible and if there were such a God that allows these things or by inaction allows these things, I'd rather burn in Hell for an eternity than spend a day with him/her/it and his/her/its followers.

Who's to say that the 'faith' that Scientologists feel isn't just as real as the 'faith' that the Christians who killed their own, or the 9/11 attackers had? I can't, no one can, short of whatever Higher Power may exist.

Scientology isn't dangerous, it's stupid, it has the potential to be dangerous but it isn't there yet.

Off topic shouldn't this thread get moved to the Religion and Politics section of the message board or is that place too niche and subterranean (as internet sites go) and in moving it there the debate will be killed?

alpha2117
03-20-2008, 12:13 PM
So are you basically saying that while it's arguable that the older more established religions may very well be just as bad as Scientology [in my opinion potentially much worse, look at the impetus behind things as horrific as the Spanish Inquisition (Catholicism), the Salem massacre (Puritan Christianity and repressed sexuality) and 9/11 (Islam)] they're OK because there's the shred of hope that the ideology backing them is true?

I disagree with that on any and every level possible and if there were such a God that allows these things or by inaction allows these things, I'd rather burn in Hell for an eternity than spend a day with him/her/it and his/her/its followers.

Who's to say that the 'faith' that Scientologists feel isn't just as real as the 'faith' that the Christians who killed their own, or the 9/11 attackers had? I can't, no one can, short of whatever Higher Power may exist.

Scientology isn't dangerous, it's stupid, it has the potential to be dangerous but it isn't there yet.

Off topic shouldn't this thread get moved to the Religion and Politics section of the message board or is that place too niche and subterranean (as internet sites go) and in moving it there the debate will be killed?

No what I am saying is that we KNOW Scientology is made up crap. They are very dangerous and if you dont think they are I suggest you do some research (Clambake is heavily anti them so it can be unreliable but can give ideas where to look elsewhere).

Most religions have significant skeletons in their closets but it doesn't negate they themselves MAY be valid and past misdeeds may be the acts of human beings alone rather than the ideoligies behind the religion itself.

I can see you dont support the organised religions which is fine but they are out of scope when talking about Scientology which is more a mind controlling cult crossed with a confidence scam than any faith/ superstition.

bat1
03-20-2008, 03:10 PM
how can you say somthing is crap without even
looking into it for yourself?

You say''we know''
do even know anything about LRH? or being an OT7?

I keep an open mind that's why I'm even on this message board

guys at work think gays/trannys should be shot
be do I agree NO!

THAT'S WHAT MAKES AMERICA FREEDOM TO CHOOSE!!!

chefmike
03-20-2008, 03:20 PM
how can you say somthing is crap without even
looking into it for yourself?

You say''we know''
do even know anything about LRH? or being an OT7?

I keep an open mind that's why I'm even on this message board

guys at work think gays/trannys should be shot
be do I agree NO!

THAT'S WHAT MAKES AMERICA FREEDOM TO CHOOSE!!!

What does that have to do with scientology, airhead? BTW, scientologists give up their freedom when they sign on to that cult. They are stupid, gullible fools. I'll let you draw your own conclusions as to how I feel about those who would defend such idiocy.

chefmike
03-20-2008, 03:34 PM

Actually Matt Lauer called Tom Cruise(the closeted xenu zombie) on the issue on the 'Today' show. Little tommy got so upset that he almost wet his panties.

bat1
03-20-2008, 03:35 PM
how do I give my freedom by reading an LRH book?

or taking a course at the church?

you know nothing!

your putting people down for there beliefs?

your the loser!

chefmike
03-20-2008, 03:41 PM
Please allow me to reiterate, you gullible schmuck. The only people who don't understand that scientology is a monumental scam that PT Barnum would have envied are credulous and exploitable fools like yourself.

bat1
03-20-2008, 03:47 PM
So your telling me that the 400,000 members
and the 300 or so famous people of the church
are all wrong and gullible?

WOW! dude I feel sorry for you

you don't know what is real and what ain't

Quinn
03-20-2008, 04:03 PM
LMAO @ this. I always thought the Church of Scientology was just the international chapter of ARC. Anyway, all hail Xenu, dictator of the Galactic Confederacy. Shame on you guys for thinking that he never existed.

-Quinn

chefmike
03-20-2008, 04:44 PM

Yes, that's what I'm telling you, simpleton. Obviously you are so awed by the fact that some of them are "famous" that you think that gives the cult some sort of validity. You think because they are "famous" that means that they aren't as stupid as the other members of the idiotic cult, or it's idiotic apologists like yourself.
Wrong again, zippy. You are apparently every bit as vacuous and credulous as those "famous" people whose approval you so obviously crave. What a putz you are.

trish
03-20-2008, 04:51 PM

That's exactly right. Belief is NOT evidence, it's as simple as that. Several hundred thousand people were gullible enough to invest in Enron, or more recently to take out loans at variable rates for houses they can't afford. The population of the United States is 280 000 000. Thirty percent are still gullible enough to think Bush Junior is a wonderful president...that's 84 million idiots who are wrong and gullible.

On the other hand, there's plenty of evidence that the cult of scientology grew out of a handful of badly written pulp fiction stories written as by L. Ron himself. Kids like ezed bought them and threw them away. Not for more than a decade after their publication did it occur to good ol' L Ron that they would sell better as revelation than literature. Like Joseph Smith before him and dozens of other charlatans before that, L. Ron Hubbard is a known con artist. The oldest con in the book is the use peer pressure to weaken one resistance. The more believers there are the easier it is to acquire new believers. Don't fall into the trap. Just remember: belief...even celebrity belief...is not evidence.

(edited for grammar and spelling)

marissaazts
03-20-2008, 04:53 PM
its just as silly and make believe as all the other religons

kalina
03-20-2008, 04:58 PM
I say everyone should be able to believe what they want to believe so long as they don't try to forcefeed their newfound religious beliefs on anyone else because we all have different experiences and come from different backgrounds. Scientology is not the answer for everyone and Catholicism, Protestantism, Buddhism, Satanism, etc are not the answers for everyone, either.

trish
03-20-2008, 05:21 PM
Every one has a right to believe what they want. In fact it's a very difficult right to take away. You can punish someone for their beliefs and they can say they no longer believe but that's no guarantee of what they really believe. But the right to believe can be subverted by insistent marketing, brain-washing and proselytizing. It's the L. Ron Hubbard's and Pat Robertson's of the world who most endanger the rights of the gullible to think freely.

chefmike
03-20-2008, 05:26 PM
It's been a bad couple of months for the Church of Scientology. In December, German authorities took a significant step toward outlawing the group, announcing that they "do not consider Scientology an organization that is compatible with the constitution." In January, St. Martin's Press published Andrew Morton's Tom Cruise: An Unauthorized Biography, which painted a scathing portrait of the actor's chosen religion as a money-mad, fascist mind-control sect led by Cruise's closest friend, David Miscavige, a gun-loving high-school dropout with a Napoleon complex who runs his religion like a paramilitary group. Morton's book kicked off yet another blistering round of bad PR for the image-obsessed Church, with headlines about its efforts to draw in Katie Holmes, allegations that Cruise functions as the Church's second-in-command, and the far-fetched belief among some Scientology "fanatics" that Suri Cruise was actually sired using Hubbard's frozen sperm. It debuted at number one on the New York Times best-seller list.

Then came the video. You've probably seen it by now—leaked footage of Tom Cruise accepting the Church's Freedom Medal of Valor award at a 2004 gathering of the International Association of Scientologists. Slickly produced, with the theme from Mission: Impossible pumping along in the background, the clip features a manic Cruise exhorting his co-religionists to commit themselves to the cause. "Being a Scientologist, when you drive past an accident, it's not like anyone else," he says. "As you drive past, you know you have to do something about it. Because you're the only one who can help."
http://radaronline.com/from-the-magazine/2008/03/scientology_anonymous_protests_tom_cruise_01.php

Then came Anonymous. On January 21, a video titled "Message to Scientology" appeared on YouTube. A brilliant work of agitprop, the video (embedded below) features a monotone, computer-generated voice speaking in staccato against a mesmerizing backdrop of gathering clouds. The message, which bears quoting at length, is ominous:

"Hello, Scientology. We are Anonymous. Over the years, we have been watching you. Your campaigns of misinformation, suppression of dissent, your litigious nature: All of these things have caught our eye. With the leakage of your latest propaganda video into mainstream circulation, the extent of your malign influence over those who have come to trust you has been made clear to us. Anonymous has therefore decided that your organization should be destroyed. ... We are Anonymous. We are legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us."

Within hours of the video's posting, all hell broke loose. Almost immediately, the Church's main website, scientology.org, went down under a distributed denial of service attack, a classic hacker technique that overwhelms a target's website with phantom user traffic until it crashes. Scientology offices worldwide were flooded with prank phone calls and so-called black faxes—pages upon pages of blank black pages—tying up their phone lines and emptying ink cartridges. Dozens of proprietary Church documents—videos, lectures, and course materials worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in Scientology's pay-to-pray scheme—began showing up on YouTube, BitTorrent, and countless websites.

Anonymous managed to disrupt the Scientology website for three days. And in a show of force—and a surprising departure from its previous, Internet-focused projects—it also dispatched legions of real live protesters to Scientology facilities around the world for coordinated pickets.

Add to that the recent defections of several prominent Church members, including David Miscavige's own niece, Jenna Miscavige Hill—who is openly attacking her uncle and the Church—and Mike Rinder, the Church's former chief spokesman and public face, and you can see why the folks in Clearwater are wary of outsiders.

"It's looking like the perfect storm," says Dave Touretzky, a research professor of computer science at Carnegie Mellon University and a longtime critic of the Church. "I just can't believe what's happened over the last six months. It's all falling apart for Scientology now. We're looking at the end times for them."

Scientology, of course, has always thrived when it's under attack. Hubbard was keen to make sure that its enemies, whether real or imagined, loomed large in the lives of his adherents. He railed against "the forces of evil [who] have launched their lies and sought, by whatever twisted means, to check and destroy Scientology"—whether they be IRS agents, psychiatrists, or reporters, whom he dubbed "merchants of chaos." A pillar of the Church's theology is the existence of "suppressive persons," who must be avoided, or "handled," in the Church's euphemistic jargon. In 1967, Hubbard promulgated what he called the "fair game" policy, whereby anyone judged to be an antagonist "may be deprived of property or injured [and] tricked, sued or lied to, or
destroyed." (He later withdrew it, citing "bad PR.") Miscavige has chosen his own aggressive, protomilitant style, pumping up Scientology troops with talk of an "assault on planetary suppression" and the "global obliteration" of psychiatry, Scientology's bête noire.

In keeping with Hubbard's fair game dictate, every time Scientology has been attacked, it has quickly struck back, which is what makes the current barrage against the Church so remarkable. Not long ago, anyone brave enough to publicly criticize the organization suffered dearly. Paulette Cooper, an investigative journalist whose 1971 exposé, The Scandal of Scientology, was the first mainstream book to criticize the Church, found herself subjected to what she described as a 15-year campaign of harassment. Scientologists covertly infiltrated her life, befriended her, and, an FBI agent later told her, framed her by using stationery with her fingerprints on it to send bomb threats to the Church. Branded a lunatic, she became suicidal, lost her boyfriend, and was down to 83 pounds when a 1977 FBI raid on Scientology offices in L.A. and Washington, D.C., turned up documents indicating she had been the target of "Operation Freakout"—a coordinated campaign to get her "incarcerated in a mental institution or jail, or at least to hit her so hard that she drops her attacks."

http://radaronline.com/from-the-magazine/2008/03/scientology_anonymous_protests_tom_cruise_02.php

Quinn
03-20-2008, 05:43 PM
http://almaroc.com/wp-content/uploads/xenu-pam.jpg

-Quinn

chefmike
03-20-2008, 06:34 PM
Faced with an increasingly skeptical public here at home, former members say, the Church has begun to target its recruitment efforts at communities statistically less likely to have Web access. In particular, it has stepped up its efforts in Central America, where, according to remarks made by Mike Rinder at a Scientology gathering in 2004, the first lady of Honduras is a convert. Critics point out that much of the anti-Scientology material available online has yet to be translated into Spanish, making Spanish-speakers an easier sell. The Church has also set its sights on African Americans, opening up a center in Harlem in 2003 and making a strong play for Hollywood supercouple Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith. At a 2006 gathering, Miscavige spoke glowingly of Kimora Lee Simmons's efforts to distribute a personalized edition of Hubbard's The Way to Happiness, featuring her image on the cover, to schoolkids in New Jersey. (Simmons's rep denied she was a Scientologist after video of Miscavige's speech became public. Watch the video below. Miscavige lauds Simmons' contributions to the church at 6:15.)

Even as Scientology comes under assault from outside forces, it is also, say former members, bleeding from within. "I see more and more people leaving and willing to speak," says Tory Christman, who worked in the Office of Special Affairs for 20 years and says she spent more than $200,000 on Scientology courses before dropping out in 2000. Christman left—or "blew," in Scientology parlance—because she has epilepsy and wasn't permitted to take medication for it; psychiatric and neurological drugs are a serious no-no. But after two decades of working her way up the Bridge, she was forced to confront the fact that even L. Ron Hubbard could not cure epilepsy.

"At the top ranks, there's a very high blow rate," says Beatty. "They can't take it anymore."

Indeed, Scientology faces an inherent conundrum: Adherents are ushered up the Bridge with specific promises that they will be able to leave their bodies at will, stop time, read minds, and never succumb to illness. As long as there's another level to rise to, former Scientologists say, it's easy enough to convince yourself that your magical powers are just around the corner (even if they were supposed to have already materialized). "I got in it because I thought the out-of-body experience was real," says Beatty. "And after 20 years, I found out, it's not. But by the time you've gotten there, you've dumped a couple hundred thousand dollars, or like me, 20 years of your life into it. You don't want to give up. It's a group fantasy."

To keep that fantasy, and the attendant revenue stream, going, the Church has had to come up with new ways to dangle advancements beyond OT VIII—ostensibly the highest level you can reach, according to Hubbard—without seeming too craven. In 1995, Miscavige announced what he called "the golden age of tech," which was essentially a claim that Scientology's auditors had been doing everything all wrong. "We just discovered a treasure trove of L. Ron Hubbard," Miscavige said, meaning that everyone needed to do their courses over. And pay for them, naturally.

http://radaronline.com/from-the-magazine/2008/03/scientology_anonymous_protests_tom_cruise_02.php

rawrr
03-20-2008, 08:39 PM

cheers
Ed

Brainwashsed Scifag. I don't care if you believe in Scientology but the Co$ is bad, it made up crap used to get your money. None of their stuff means anything, people have died, been murdered etc all due to this cult. At least other religions give you information for free and only ask you to donate every now and then.

Co$ is in it for the money, not for helping people, information should be free and brainwashing, bullying and conning people is not the way to do it.

rawrr
03-20-2008, 08:45 PM
Oh yeh, Scifags who have not reached OT III then read this stupid sci-fi story. Co$ is a joke, its a cult and it takes all your money, it disconnects familys and its even killed people.

I'm going to tell you a story. Are you sitting comfortably? Right, then I'll begin.
Once upon a time (75 million years ago to be more precise) there was an alien galactic ruler named Xenu. Xenu was in charge of all the planets in this part of the galaxy including our own planet Earth, except in those days it was called Teegeeack.

Now Xenu had a problem. All of the 76 planets he controlled were overpopulated. Each planet had on average 178 billion people. He wanted to get rid of all the overpopulation so he had a plan.

Xenu took over complete control with the help of renegades to defeat the good people and the Loyal Officers. Then with the help of psychiatrists he called in billions of people for income tax inspections where they were instead given injections of alcohol and glycol mixed to paralyse them. Then they were put into space planes that looked exactly like DC8s (except they had rocket motors instead of propellers).

These DC8 space planes then flew to planet Earth where the paralysed people were stacked around the bases of volcanoes in their hundreds of billions. When they had finished stacking them around then H-bombs were lowered into the volcanoes. Xenu then detonated all the H-bombs at the same time and everyone was killed.

The story doesn't end there though. Since everyone has a soul (called a "thetan" in this story) then you have to trick souls into not coming back again. So while the hundreds of billions of souls were being blown around by the nuclear winds he had special electronic traps that caught all the souls in electronic beams (the electronic beams were sticky like fly-paper).

After he had captured all these souls he had them packed into boxes and taken to a few huge cinemas. There all the souls had to spend days watching special 3D motion pictures that told them what life should be like and many confusing things. In this film they were shown false pictures and told they were God, The Devil and Christ. In the story this process is called "implanting".

When the films ended and the souls left the cinema these souls started to stick together because since they had all seen the same film they thought they were the same people. They clustered in groups of a few thousand. Now because there were only a few living bodies left they stayed as clusters and inhabited these bodies.

As for Xenu, the Loyal Officers finally overthrew him and they locked him away in a mountain on one of the planets. He is kept in by a force-field powered by an eternal battery and Xenu is still alive today.

That is the end of the story. And so today everyone is full of these clusters of souls called "body thetans". And if we are to be a free soul then we have to remove all these "body thetans" and pay lots of money to do so. And the only reason people believe in God and Christ was because it was in the film their body thetans saw 75 million years ago.

Well what did you think of that story?

What? You thought it was a stupid story?

Well so do we. However, this story is the core belief in the religion known as Scientology.* If people knew about this story then most people would never get involved in it. This story is told to you when you reach one of their secret levels called OT III. After that you are supposed to telepathically communicate with these body thetans to make them go away. You have to pay a lot of money to get to this level and do this (or you have to work very hard for the organisation on extremely low pay for many years).

We are telling you this story as a warning. If you become involved with Scientology then we would like you to do so with your eyes open and fully aware of the sort of material it contains.

Most of the Scientologists who work in their Dianetics* centres and so called "Churches" of Scientology do not know this story since they are not allowed to hear it until they reach the secret "upper" levels of Scientology. It may take them many years before they reach this level if they ever do. The ones who do know it are forced to keep it a secret and not tell it to those people who are joining Scientology.
Part of the first page of the secret OT III document in L. Ron Hubbard's own handwriting

Now you have read this you know their big secret. Don't let us put you off joining though.

chefmike
03-21-2008, 07:01 AM
LMFAO...I wanna say that you can't make this shit up...but Hubbard did...and suckers like bat1 and the aforementioned "famous" people he idolizes bought it hook, line, and sinker. You gotta give Hubbard credit for one thing, he damn sure capitalized(just as PT Barnum did) on the fact that there's a sucker born every minute, and two to take him.

A fool and his money are soon parted, but gullible fools like Tom Cruise and John Travolta can afford to piss their money away on a hoax, it's the less privileged dupes like bat1 et al who really end up paying a price for their stupidity that they can ill afford.

kalina
03-21-2008, 04:09 PM
Actually, I thought Scientology was free for celebrities because they need them to be kind of their preachers. So the people they charge are average people who spend their life savings.

chefmike
03-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Actually, I thought Scientology was free for celebrities because they need them to be kind of their preachers. So the people they charge are average people who spend their life savings.

Actually Kalina COS "staff" may receive discounts for their indentured servitude to the church, their children are included in this servitude:

From the age of six, Hill lived at Castile Canyon Ranch, a private Scientology-run boarding school near Hemet, California, about 20 miles from Gold Base, where her parents lived and worked as Scientology staff. (Scientology is divided into "staff" and "public" members; many of the staff are under total control of the Scientology hierarchy and receive courses for free or at a discount, while public members like Greta Van Susteren and Tom Cruise are free to do as they please and pay for courses.)

"I saw my parents once a week," Hill says. Along with 80 other children of staff at Gold Base, she says, she woke up every morning at 6:30, put on a uniform, and cleaned her room until inspection at 7 a.m. Then she worked handing out vitamins to other kids. After that, she says, "We'd do rock hauling and demolition, dig trenches, plant trees." When the grueling physical chores were done, she would study academics and Scientology materials until 9:30 p.m. "It's kind of weird when you're six or seven years old to have to study until 9:30 at night," she says. "We had units, we had to call people Sir, we did close-order drilling. It was run like a military organization."

http://radaronline.com/from-the-magazine/2008/03/scientology_anonymous_protests_tom_cruise_03.php

Sounds like a really fun place to grow up, huh?

rawrr
03-21-2008, 10:31 PM
http://www.indymedia.org.uk/en/2008/03/394427.html

It published Anon stories on the dark side of Scientology and Co$ trying to control ebay sales recently. Apparently Co$ wasn't happy.

Shit on the google cache all you want, RINF, but they can't make it go away as easy as they thought.

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:L1YmdEPZP7AJ:rinf.com/alt-news/sicence-technology/scientology-given-direct-access-to-ebay-database/2649/+RINF.com
+scientology&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us

I found moar

rawrr
03-23-2008, 12:34 AM
Bump

chefmike
03-23-2008, 10:27 PM
I see that the OP has deleted the title of his thread, which was entitled 'SCIENTOLOGY'...could he be worried about the COS gestapo and their dirty tricks?

Banned film 'The Profit' appears on Web
Sunday, March 23, 2008

Copies of The Profit, a 2001 film blocked from distribution in the United States due to a court injunction won by the Church of Scientology, appeared on the Internet Friday on peer-to-peer file-sharing websites and on the video sharing site YouTube.

Directed by former film executive Peter N. Alexander, movie critics have characterized The Profit as a parody of Scientology and of its founder L. Ron Hubbard. Alexander was a Scientologist for twenty years, and left the organization in 1997. The film was funded by Bob Minton, a former critic of Scientology who later signed an agreement with the Church of Scientology and has attempted to stop distribution of the film. Alexander has stated that the movie is based on his research into cults, and when asked by the St. Petersburg Times about parallels to Scientology and L. Ron Hubbard said: "I'll let you draw that conclusion ... I say it's entirely fictional."

The film was released in August 2001, and was shown at a movie theatre in Clearwater, Florida and at a premiere at the Cannes Film Festival in France. A Scientology spokesman gave a statement at the time saying "the movie is fiction and has nothing to do with Scientology". The Church of Scientology later took legal action in an attempt to stop further distribution of the film. The Church of Scientology claimed that the film was intended to influence the jury pool in the wrongful death case of Scientologist Lisa McPherson, who died under Scientology care in Clearwater, Florida.

http://en.wikinews.org/wiki/Banned_film_%27The_Profit%27_appears_on_Web

TheOne1
03-23-2008, 11:21 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xQkaYAcJmoA&feature=related

JelenaCD
03-23-2008, 11:32 PM
i have read 'Dianetics' and 'Scientology , the fundementals of though' and they are useful info , i would not join the cult yet the books are good reads
my advise , save your $ , read the books and don't join the cult !

trish
03-23-2008, 11:39 PM
http://www.lisamcpherson.org/

rawrr
03-24-2008, 12:26 AM
I will actually laugh my ass off while wanking to porn as well when Scientology is bought down, although this will take some time.

bat1
03-24-2008, 12:27 AM
i have read 'Dianetics' and 'Scientology , the fundementals of though' and they are useful info , i would not join the cult yet the books are good reads

I agree, I read LRH but don't really want to spend the big bucks
at the church for auditing

chefmike
03-24-2008, 06:20 AM

I agree, I read LRH but don't really want to spend the big bucks
at the church for auditing

LMFAO...the only thing more ridiculous than a scientologist is a wannabe scientologist.

tstv_lover
03-24-2008, 06:43 AM
Belief is NOT evidence, it's as simple as that.

Well said Trish. Anything (scientology, other religions, communism, etc) that requires you to suspend questioning and follow dogma is incredibly dangerous and should be avoided.

chefmike
03-30-2008, 12:05 AM
'Anonymous' Kid Outed by Scientologists Gets House Call

Recently, Radar reported on Scientology's short-lived attempt to beat its Guy Fawkes mask-clad antagonists "Anonymous" at their own game: scary YouTube videos. A clip posted by a Sciento associate under the name "AnonymousFacts" displayed the names and personal information of several supposed Anonymous members and accused the group of violent threats and terrorism. YouTube quickly took the video down and suspended AnonymousFacts. But the hassle for at least one of the three men shown didn't end there.

A little more than a week ago, Jonathan (he asked his last name not be repeated again), who'd joined a Facebook group called "I Support Anonymous" and attended their protests, answered a knock at the door of his parents' L.A.-area home, where he lives while attending community college. A mustachioed man in a suit and claiming to be from the law firm of Latham and Watkins was holding a "file" and asked to speak to Jonathan's parents by name, he recently told Radar. He told the mystery man his parents weren't available and offered to take the package for them. "No," the man said. "I can't legally give this to you." Jonathan shrugged and told him to come back later. That's when things got weird.

continued here-

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2008/03/anonymous-scientology-anonymousfacts-youtube-video.php

chefmike
03-30-2008, 12:18 AM
Scientology Sets Sights on African Expansion

In our April Scientology cover story, we noted that the recent increase in Internet-based attacks on Scientology has led Church elders to up recruitment efforts in "communities less likely to have Web access," such as Central America and predominately black neighborhoods like Harlem. Judging by the Church's recent acquisition of a 64,000-square-foot castle in Johannesburg, you can now officially add South Africa to the list.

Kyalami Castle, as it is called, is situated on 22-acre parcel of land just outside Jo-berg city limits; before it became the epicenter of the Church's efforts to expand its quasi-religious reach over the Dark Continent, it was a hotel-cum-banquet hall. It marks the 66th building the Church has purchased internationally in the past five years—as good an indication as any that most Americans have finally decided that parting ways with tens of thousands of dollars for some dubious shot at spiritual enlightenment probably isn't the most efficient use of money.

"For all African Scientologists, this is a dream finally come true," a Church official said of the purchase. "It means a lot for the future expansion of the Church in Africa." Talk about your White Man's Burden

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2008/03/scientology-sets-sights-on-african-expansion.php

rawrr
03-30-2008, 12:35 AM
http://www.shipbrook.com/jeff/CoS/docs/index.html