PDA

View Full Version : Friday Night Sobering Reality

yodajazz
03-09-2008, 07:13 PM
There comes a point when person has to let go. Think you are doing that. Now he needs to let go and place himself in the hands of a higher power, that include following the dictates of the treatment process. The only other choice is death.

mischelle
03-09-2008, 07:30 PM
It sounds to me like you have done everything in your power to help this man, your friend. Now it's time for him to help himself. Sometimes tough love is the only course of action that will work.

Idgaf
03-10-2008, 12:16 AM
God Bless You for all the help you have provided.

Edited to provide anonymity for those outside of this forum.
The original poster has read and understands the edited content.

sy86
03-10-2008, 12:53 AM
The simple point is some people just aren't willing to help themselves, and its going to take some serious tough love to make him wake up to what he has to do. Its unfair for you to put your entire life on hold to help someone who to be honest, sounds like he's only willing to take and not to give anything back. I don't doubt it was a tough call to make, but i'd have made the same. :)

bulldog
03-10-2008, 03:44 AM
was well on my way to becoming an alcoholic in HS, skipping half the day to go get drunk and coming in hungover the next day, thankfully I was able to recognize my problem, and went dry and sober for 3 yrs, now that I am 21 I drink, but I am much more in control, and will not allow myself to travel down that path again. through sheer willpower and perserverance "I" will stay in control of my life

Ben

bulldog
03-10-2008, 03:50 AM
was well on my way to becoming an alcoholic in HS, skipping half the day to go get drunk and coming in hungover the next day, thankfully I was able to recognize my problem, and went dry and sober for 3 yrs, now that I am 21 I drink, but I am much more in control, and will not allow myself to travel down that path again. through sheer willpower and perserverance "I" will stay in control of my life

Ben

I will stay in control, at least until I get married lol

will802
03-10-2008, 04:31 AM

Ben

Thats good you were able to recognize that at a young age before hitting rock bottom. Its not a fun place to be. As for Cheri's friend, like everyone else has said, he needs to want to help himself first.