PDA

View Full Version : Ever eat a Tommy's burger?

bat1
03-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Just thinking of being back in LA eating a Tommy's burger
best burgers and chili ever!

:D

Realgirls4me
03-08-2008, 08:13 AM
Just thinking of being back in LA eating a Tommy's burger
best burgers and chili ever!

:D

Yes, I've been there. That one specifically.

I'm actually overdue for a visit to Los Angeles, but these gas prices of late kind of put that on hold. :(

Hara_Juku Tgirl
03-08-2008, 08:32 AM
I've always liked Coco's and In and out. Hmm..Might try to have some there soon if it's that really good. ;)

~Kisses.

HTG

4ever_ngt
03-08-2008, 10:06 AM
Omfg...I kid you not..I stopped eating there cus every time I did , I got sick...It didnt matter if it was da one in Rampart or hollywood or Whittier..Da chilli always made me sick lol...I think In & Out is better anyway.Or "The Hat Pastrami...now thats good food .or any of the other 50,000 buger joints here in LA...& why is that anyway..?? Why is there a burger joint on every corner here in LA ?? lol

DJ_Asia
03-08-2008, 03:33 PM
Tommys isnt even the best burger in LA...that title goes to Carneys..either on Sunset or on Ventura...Blows Tommys outta the water!

Willie Escalade
03-09-2008, 02:14 PM
Being an LA native, of course I have! I prefer In-N-Out though. :wink:

south ov da border
03-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Don't do beef anymore, but when I did, Tommy's was cool. I was more of an in and out person...

south ov da border
03-09-2008, 03:06 PM
Omfg...I kid you not..I stopped eating there cus every time I did , I got sick...It didnt matter if it was da one in Rampart or hollywood or Whittier..Da chilli always made me sick lol...I think In & Out is better anyway.Or "The Hat Pastrami...now thats good food .or any of the other 50,000 buger joints here in LA...& why is that anyway..?? Why is there a burger joint on every corner here in LA ?? lol

A couple of people I know had the same problem, especially @ the Rampart one...

El Nino
03-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Great if you want red-meat induced colon cancer and coronary disease... And the SHITS

CORVETTEDUDE
03-09-2008, 10:59 PM

Dude...your avatar is frickin' hilarious!!!

Sounds to me like it's "Thumbs Down" on Tommy's. I've eaten at In-n-Out, like it....

TsJennifer
03-09-2008, 11:51 PM
I am an In-N-Out kinda girl!

bat1
03-09-2008, 11:54 PM
nothing like being in and out :P

Dino Velvet
03-10-2008, 03:37 AM
Tommy's is great but Fatburger has the best chili burger. When I go there, I order a Double King Burger(2 one-half lb patties) with everything plus double cheese. I also order a cup of chili. When I get it home, I open up the burger on a big platter with a patty on each bun. Then I pour the entire cup of chili over everything and eat it with a fork and knife. It's the best burger ever.

http://photos10.flickr.com/11386469_d0d1bd3094.jpg

Realgirls4me
03-10-2008, 05:50 AM
... I never said that I found the food at Tommy's to be that good, or good period, but it did appear to be quite the hangout when I went there one night. ...I think it's more one of those Los Angeles "institutions" that everyone must do, and not necessarily because of its cuisine.

Count me in as an In 'n' Out Burger fan. The car lines at some of the drive thru's here in San Diego can still wrap around the block. Great food, great service, clean restaurants, and a great employer (the founding Snyder family believed in paying their help more than the industry average). Their shakes are the best!!! Anyone know whether the grand-daughter -- all of 25 -- will/did inherit majority interest in that privately owned chain after the co-founder died a few years ago?

... Best fastfood French fries still go to Del Taco imho. :)

Dino Velvet
03-10-2008, 08:14 AM
The Chili Tamales are real good at Tommy's. If you get a To Go order at Tommy's, make sure you put the bag down on your rubber floormats. That big orange ring of grease at the bottom of the bag can soil your car interior.

I'm going to catch Hell for this but I think In 'n' Out Burger is overrated. McDonalds has much better fries. Carls Jr Criss-Cut fries are way better.

Best Burger Joints in LA
1) Fatburger
2) Carls Jr
3) Burger King
4) In 'n' Out
5) Tommy's

Honorable mention goes to Marie Callender's. Great Cheeseburger and fries w/Lawry's Seasoned Salt. Anybody ever have their Frisco Burger? It's insane and messy as Hell.

Willie Escalade
03-10-2008, 08:22 AM
Of course McDonalds has the best fries! :lol:

There are some other independent burger joints around LA that make mean burgers as well. Tom's Jr. comes to mind...and the helpings of fries put the majors (Micky D's, BK, The Star) to shame.

And you're right about the stain a bag from Tommy's can make. My buddy put his on the leather seat of his 68 Eldo; he got that leather changed, not cleaned. 8)

Realgirls4me
03-10-2008, 08:59 AM
The Chili Tamales are real good at Tommy's. If you get a To Go order at Tommy's, make sure you put the bag down on your rubber floormats. That big orange ring of grease at the bottom of the bag can soil your car interior.

I'm going to catch Hell for this but I think In 'n' Out Burger is overrated. McDonalds has much better fries. Carls Jr Criss-Cut fries are way better.

Of course McDonalds has the best fries! :lol:

There are some other independent burger joints around LA that make mean burgers as well. Tom's Jr. comes to mind...and the helpings of fries put the majors (Micky D's, BK, The Star) to shame.

And you're right about the stain a bag from Tommy's can make. My buddy put his on the leather seat of his 68 Eldo; he got that leather changed, not cleaned. 8)

{Guffaw!!!} That was so funny about the grease stains. Changed the leather ???!!! I mean ... I now know I am in the company of some real food epicureans when advice of grease is dispensed. :lol: ;)

I still think Del Tacos' fries are the best. They are crinkle cut, almost always hot, and soft as all get out. ...If I wanted hard cold fries, I'd go to French's in a can.

Okay, without me having to do a search in here for the prior thread we did on LA cuisine, where again can one find the best tacos and burritos, etc.? I'm talking taco stand and NOT a sit down place, and not necessarily big in their size, but great in taste. ...Where do all the Mexicans go, for example ?

south ov da border
03-10-2008, 06:32 PM
best taco stand is on Normandie and Beverly...

Realgirls4me
03-11-2008, 08:01 AM

How far is this from West Hollywood, which is the only area I'm vaguely familiar with thanks to my visits to Peanuts? Hee-hee. :)

Dino Velvet
03-11-2008, 08:11 AM

How far is this from West Hollywood, which is the only area I'm vaguely familiar with thanks to my visits to Peanuts? Hee-hee. :)

About 15 minutes. Go east on Santa Monica Bl until you hit Normandie. Make a right on Normandie and go down to Beverly Bl. Normandie is past Western but before Vermont.

Realgirls4me
03-11-2008, 08:14 AM
Thanks, Dino. I really will try to hit some of these places the next time I am in town. Let's see, there's Tito's Burritos, Pinks ...

kukm4
03-11-2008, 08:36 AM
You sure its not Tito's Tacos?

Dino Velvet
03-11-2008, 09:40 AM
You sure its not Tito's Tacos?

Yes it is, right on the corner of Sepulveda Bl and Washington Pl in Culver City. Just look for the big yellow sign and the line of customers that spills into the street.

You at 6PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/jmomblogs/Foods/web-titos7.jpg

You at 10PM
http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c160/DinoVelvet/ShitInTheToilet.jpg

bulldog
03-11-2008, 09:58 AM
Anyone ever have a Culver's ButterBurger?

pampal
03-12-2008, 10:32 PM
rust remover chilli and mystery meat
average at best

south ov da border
03-12-2008, 11:20 PM

Damn I miss Peanuts. I didn't get a chance to enjoy it like I did. But here's how to go-

From Santa Monica BLVD, go east to Normandie, then south to beverly. IT will be on the North east corner. It's not that difficult to find. Get the Carne Asada burrito 3.50 and you'll be full, I guarantee...

south ov da border
03-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Sidenote- another good taco stand is in Westwood right down the street from in and out on Galey...

Dino Velvet
03-12-2008, 11:45 PM
Get the Carne Asada burrito 3.50 and you'll be full, I guarantee...

With just one? That must be a big burrito. I can eat 3 or 4 burritos at Tito's.

Is this place open late?

south ov da border
03-13-2008, 11:21 PM
Get the Carne Asada burrito 3.50 and you'll be full, I guarantee...

With just one? That must be a big burrito. I can eat 3 or 4 burritos at Tito's.

Is this place open late?

Open until around 11 or so. Not too late, 12 on weekends. But GOOD STUFF. I think the place is called el Jalepeno. It's the best stand for burrito's I know there...

NYCe
03-13-2008, 11:24 PM
Had a Fatburger in L.A. - Great Hangover food.

We could use one of those here in NYC

south ov da border
03-13-2008, 11:36 PM
Had a Fatburger in L.A. - Great Hangover food.

We could use one of those here in NYC

they just opened one on Southbeach. It is good drunk food...

Realgirls4me
03-14-2008, 05:52 AM
The founder, or co-founder, of Fatburger recently passed away I believe ... it is good fast food.

4ever_ngt
04-24-2008, 07:34 AM
ya know Astro Burger aint bad either..I always eat at da one on on santa Monica..down the street from da "Tranny" shack..Oppss I eman "youkon diner