PDA

View Full Version : RIP Boyd Coddington ...

Realgirls4me
02-29-2008, 07:05 AM
I know we have a lot of car fans here:

Okay, so he wasn't George Barris (Remember the Batmobile, Monkee Mobile, the Munster's car ???), but he did do wonders in bringing back old shells of cars and giving them a second life.

I can't believe how he's been dogged on several blogs by so many posters AFTER his death. What's up with that? I have to wonder how many took his contrived TV persona as a hard driving unyielding unflexible taskmaster as the real thing? Maybe there was some truth to it? Hmmmm.

http://jalopnik.com/361391/boyd-coddington-hot-rod-king-dead-at-age-63

http://digg.com/autos/Boyd_Coddington_Hot_Rod_King_Dead_At_Age_63

With friends and fans like that ... sheesh! :roll:

OEMEnemyNum1
02-29-2008, 07:59 AM
I've met Boyd a couple times, even caught his autograph at SEMA. Definitely a legend.

Godownunder
03-01-2008, 01:45 AM
Awe mannnnnnnnnnnn!!!!...................thats sad...........I used to watch his show on Fox........He was a good old fella........

Willie Escalade
03-01-2008, 03:39 AM
That sucks. I consider him one of the modern coachbuilders. This is my 1000th post; as a car fan in general, I dedicate it to him. Especially since a lot of his creations reside here in So Cal. :(

ottorocket
03-01-2008, 08:20 AM
Heard he was a bastard to work for and his shop environment was a hostile workplace...no surprise he kicked early with all the stress.

boris58
03-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Man! His show was crazy! every week he was firing someone. That's sad. American Chopper is becoming dry and I was hoping for his show to come back. I guess his wife is going to take over the shop now. That's terrible!

Felicia Katt
03-01-2008, 10:54 PM
if its not one kind of hot rod, its another... LOL

I'm sorry for his passing and for his family's loss, but I had stopped watching the show when the original crew had left because of, or been fired by Boyd. The cars were beautiful, but the process by which they were built had become ugly.

FK

Bee
03-05-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm sorry for his passing and for his family's loss

Ow...just heard about that..
May He Rest in Peace...