PDA

View Full Version : Omg WTF

MrsKellyPierce
02-28-2008, 08:33 PM
I live next door to two of the loudest black ladies. They both knock on my door everyday to talk. I can be standing next to them and they talk to me like I'm down the block. I know they aren't deaf or hard of hearing, because they hear everything I say just fine and sometimes listen in on my conversations on the telephone. So I don't see why they need to scream to talk, a lot of people are like this. Even when they try to "whisper" you can hear them across the room. The only conclusion I can come up with of why they are like this must have to do with how they were brough up, maybe they came from a household where just to be heard you had to yell? It's kind of reminds me how Mimi gets if you ever heard her talk on mic in the chatroom.

thx1138
02-28-2008, 11:35 PM
maybe their hearing aids need adjustment.

tsntx
02-29-2008, 08:58 AM
so ure saying its a black thing?

so rascists lol

jayevil
02-29-2008, 02:14 PM
I know some white people that do that too.

marissaazts
02-29-2008, 04:56 PM
i know someone like that, a few of us were having lunch recently and all of a sudden BOOM i kinda jumped in my seat, i kept wondering if it was ok to say something to her to tone it down

ottorocket
02-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Its just how some people are raised to speak. Loud...irritating...sometimes ignorant.

LAGent4ts
02-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Loud or Close talkers come in all shades and sizes.
I work with a person who just always invades my space in conversation and I find myself slowly sstepping back. I know this person well enough that I said something to him, but it is obvious he has no clue that he has crossed the line.

I think there was a Seinfeld or SNL scene titled Loud Talkers or Close Talkers which describes exactly what you are talking about but I could not find the clip.

Nothing you can do except make sure there is lots of room behind you so you do not end up against the wall as you slowly step back.

trans-lover
02-29-2008, 07:18 PM
Yea your not the only one that knows a few people that talk like that. I'm really unsure why they are like that tho.

azul
02-29-2008, 08:31 PM
Often times it is a cultural thing and how people were brought up, etc. Some people like to talk and yell/scream at the movies too, others think that it's supposed to be silent time. Just the differences that make life exciting and special...but sometimes annoying! Also, I would love to hear Mimi or Kelly yell, those two sexy little treasures of hottness.

eggbert
02-29-2008, 08:51 PM
[quote="LAGent4ts"]
I think there was a Seinfeld or SNL scene titled Loud Talkers or Close Talkers which describes exactly what you are talking about but I could not find the clip.

It was Judge Reinhold as Aaron on Seinfeld, the Close Talker. Great episode, but weren't they all.

Dino Velvet
03-01-2008, 12:10 AM
I know a lot of Persians who are loud talkers. You can hear them coming a mile away as they shout "HEY BUDDY!!!". Then they come close enough to stand on your shoes and yell a conversation and have little droplets of spit fly at you because of their accent.

Kelly, the next time those black ladies come to your door, you should have a megaphone ready so you can match their volume. Racist or not, it is true than a many black people speak too loud and too much also. Many do not though. Why do some of them have to say, "Know what ahm sayin'?" or "Ya feel me?" after every sentence. It's kind of awkward because I usually have no idea what they're saying. I just shrug my shoulders and ask them who won the ballgame.

qeuqheeg222
03-01-2008, 08:58 AM
hillbillies are quieter cuz its hard to talk loud and chew tobacco while under the influence of meth????ya heard me!!!

kalina
03-01-2008, 03:00 PM
My mother's like this and so were her friends (all Asian women) and even some of the Italian women in my neighborhood were like this, too. There's some truth to the class thing and there's also some truth to the fact that most of these women were pretty short (5'1) so many of them probably believed that you had to be louder to exude more power.

justatransgirl
03-02-2008, 12:22 PM
So Kelly, look at it this way... they could also be Jehova's Witnesses...

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)