PDA

View Full Version : My new Art!

GroobySteven
02-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Finally finished my house so have some wall space for new art.

I chose two Sebastien Kruger Ltd. Eds.

http://www.grooby.com/promo/mcqueenlg.jpg

http://www.grooby.com/promo/laurelandhardylg.jpg

If you haven't seen his work, check it out - it's fun but really captures the characters of the people he paints.

I also got an original Vargas (my second) which us awesome.
http://www.grooby.com/promo/vargas.jpg

Anybody have any cool art to share?

nevada64
02-21-2008, 11:42 PM
Wow, thanks Seanchai, that is cool. I'm familiar with Vargas, but I don't think I've ever seen Kruger before. You've inspired me to do some research.
Cheers.

budeluv77
02-21-2008, 11:55 PM
Seanchai, I really like the second one from Kruger. I have also been a fan of Vargas work for some time now.

thx1138
02-22-2008, 12:59 AM
Is Sebastien Kruger a caricaturist? The first one (Steve McQeen? Frank Sinatra?) is very unflattering.

nevada64
02-22-2008, 01:13 AM
Steve McQueen. It may not be flattering, but he captured him brilliantly.

GroobySteven
02-22-2008, 01:16 AM
It's McQueen from The Getaway playing Doc Carter.

Definately not flattering - the guy is awesome though.

His Alfred Hitchcock is wild!

south ov da border
02-22-2008, 01:21 AM
that's some cool stuff...

Realgirls4me
02-22-2008, 01:29 AM
Vargas was one guy who knew something about women figures.

GroobySteven
02-22-2008, 01:48 AM
Both the Vargas I have are sketches for future works (usually for Esquire or something) and both are nudes even though the finished work the girls were wearing bikini's.
The dirty bugger, used to tell the models he needed to paint them nude and then add the bikini's afterwards ... which is how he probably got to shag Marilyn Monroe and a whole host of others.

TsJennifer
02-22-2008, 02:30 AM
seanchai, good taste!

Vargas is one of my favorites! Inspires me and I hope to do a shoot that emulates the look!

One of my other favorite artist is Mark Ryden.
www.markryden.com

Jennifer Paris

GroobySteven
02-22-2008, 03:01 AM
I fucking love Mark Ryden, Jennifer.
I was looking at his originals to buy but they've jumped up massively in the last few years.

Oh the hindsight to have bought them earlier!

Have you ever considered doing fantasy style photoshoots similar to these? They'd be fun!

trish
02-22-2008, 03:28 AM
I ran across Mark Ryden's work a few years ago, and was absolutely captivated. Thanks for posting the samples Jennifer, they leave me speechless.

TsJennifer
02-22-2008, 03:30 AM
I fucking love Mark Ryden, Jennifer.
I was looking at his originals to buy but they've jumped up massively in the last few years.

Oh the hindsight to have bought them earlier!

Have you ever considered doing fantasy style photoshoots similar to these? They'd be fun!

I would love to so a fantasy photo shoot like that ! Just dont know how many members it would attract to my site...lol jking

LAGent4ts
02-22-2008, 04:34 AM
Some people would like them and others not so much. But is that not true about all art. Varity is the spice...
I cannot see that they would turn anyone away, which may be the more important concern. Plus, you could always keep them for your personal enjoyment. I think they would be interesting to say the least, new looks sometimes take awhile to catch on.

alpha2117
02-22-2008, 12:39 PM
Art is funny a gf of mine fell in love with this Dali print and bought it and about 2 days later had a sudden realisation of what the imagery was probably about and I inherited it. The jpg's I could find are a little small to really get the full effect.