PDA

View Full Version : car owners: beware

thx1138
02-17-2008, 03:40 AM
Click here: Gone in 60 seconds: treasure in your car - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

thx1138
02-17-2008, 03:42 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23117250/

brickcitybrother
02-17-2008, 03:57 AM
Damn ... If theives aren't busting windows for GSP units - their tearing exhaust systems apart for the CC.

As mama would say - if its not one thing, its another.

OEMEnemyNum1
02-17-2008, 07:46 AM
How about the Diesel Particulate Filters. Those are like 5000 to repair. They are one of the best things for warranty though, not sure it would hold up if it's missing.

I'm so glad there isn't emmission testing out here. I may just have one floating around haha.

SarahG
02-17-2008, 08:11 AM
This is nothing new at all, they've been cutting these out of cars in cities for many years.

Again it pays to not be an easy target, if a car has more security devices they're likely to hit the other car next to yours... and its quicker/easier to get at a vehicle you can crawl under than one low to the ground.

youcancallmeclaire
02-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Hooray for metal salvage!

*defends her copper hoards*

Did you know Rhodium trades at about $7500 an ounce? Gold, on the other hand, is currently apx $950/oz.

mmm... metal.

justatransgirl
02-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Damn ... If theives aren't busting windows for GSP units - their tearing exhaust systems apart for the CC.

As mama would say - if its not one thing, its another.

Yeah - but they didn't bust my window - they tried to rip the door handle out to get my GPS - causing over $1,000 in damage to the door and electronic system. And they never got in.

I guess the noise woke our guard up... as he said he chased them... yeah in his sleep.

Just let me catch someone fking with my car, there will be a body floating in the river...

Grrrrr,
TS Jamie :-)

Willie Escalade
02-17-2008, 10:06 AM
[Just let me catch someone fking with my car, there will be a body floating in the river...

Grrrrr,
TS Jamie :-)
I'm with you there! I caught some asshole about to key my previous car once. I was lucky not to get an assault charge brought against me. :evil: I work too hard and take too much shit on my job to earn my money to buy these things.