PDA

View Full Version : London Office rentals

Tomfurbs
02-14-2008, 02:38 AM
are apparently the highest in the western world, according to this evening's 'LondonLite'. 3 times higher than New York and twice as expensive as Paris.

Not that interesting really, but it explains a lot. London is too fucking expensive and if you are a Yankee tourist thinking of popping over to get some Vortex or Giovanna, then I recommend waiting till the Markets un-bundle their nickers and calm the fuck down.

£1 - $1.96 :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Leave the questionable joys of living in this fleapit to those of us who have no choice in the matter

For Example: 20 Dunhill Internationals set me back £5.98 two months ago. Swung by the 'Londis' by my work this morning and the dodgy bastard asked for £6.56!!!

I'm moving to Kenya. Be nice to have some peace and quiet....

Bluejay
02-14-2008, 02:57 PM
unbelievably sick joke,I doubt that the people suffering genocide in kenya apprieatate,but hey,what the fuck,the price of cigarettes has gone up by 58p!

Tomfurbs
02-14-2008, 10:30 PM
Wow.

Just...wow.

My end comment is actually self-deprecating. Of course the petty gripes of a Londoner cannot be compared to what is going on over there. However, in these depressing times you gotta laugh or cry, right?

But at least you were able to get your self-righteous kicks for the day.

flabbybody
02-14-2008, 10:59 PM
here's the ultimate in insanity
a slice of pizza (plain) in my local pizzeria in Tribeca is currently $2.85. This past summer it was 1.95.
I'm not talking scicilian, meat toppings, soda. nothing. just one single plain slice they throw in the oven to re-heat.

the owner says the cost of his cheese has gone up by $8500 in the last two months.

thx1138
02-15-2008, 03:47 AM
Mervyn King says things are going to get worse: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2008/02/14/ninflation114.xml London bridge falling down while Her Majesty cackles in Her dotage.