PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watching the final season of 'The Wire'?

Tomfurbs
02-11-2008, 10:16 PM
Because it rocks!

It makes Dexter look like a kid's show, and I loved Dexter! The script, narrative layering and detail is mind-blowing. Top stuff!

Any other fans out there??

NYCe
02-11-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm sad this is the last season. It's been a great ride. Been there since episode 1, season one.

I miss Bodie!

laoda8
02-11-2008, 10:21 PM
Just watched the newest (what would be coming up this sundy) on comcast just now. Incredible show. Mcnulty's got himself in sh!t but trying to do right by the rest of the department, which sucks and this reporter's going to get his ass handed to him, which may come back on mcNulty.

The show really has little to do with acting so much as the authenticity and realism of the actors. It's like they're being, and the show's writing is so good you're just watching from a looking glass. Incredible stuff.

Tomfurbs
02-11-2008, 10:26 PM
I'm sad this is the last season. It's been a great ride. Been there since episode 1, season one.

I miss Bodie!

I'm rewatching season 1 as this season unravels, and it is amazing the little nods to the first season's script David Simon works in.

I'm not 100% sure about Steve Earle's cameo though. Can the guy act.

Snoop: 'In B-More we aim an hit a Nigga. Ya heard?'

Tomfurbs
02-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Just watched the newest (what would be coming up this sundy) on comcast just now. Incredible show. Mcnulty's got himself in sh!t but trying to do right by the rest of the department, which sucks and this reporter's going to get his ass handed to him, which may come back on mcNulty.

The show really has little to do with acting so much as the authenticity and realism of the actors. It's like they're being, and the show's writing is so good you're just watching from a looking glass. Incredible stuff.

Templeton and McNulty's bullshit will be unravelled now that Gus has discovered Templeton's 'shellfish' story was a load of crap. He's going to be watching him like a hawk from now on.

Is what I think...

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-11-2008, 10:37 PM
I haven't watched next week's episode on demand yet, don't spoil it for me

2754tim
02-11-2008, 10:37 PM
Think Marlo will man up and meet Omar 1 on 1? Will McNultey finally get
caught and self destruct?

NYCe
02-11-2008, 10:40 PM
At the press conference in last night's show, the dockworker who the cops arrested - was that the main guy from Season 2?

I'm too lazy to google. Well that and I have about 32 tabs already open. :)

Tomfurbs
02-11-2008, 10:41 PM
Think Marlo will man up and meet Omar 1 on 1? Will McNultey finally get
caught and self destruct?

I reckon Marlo will finish Omar, and never actually have to face him. It would be in keeping with the 'Good guys always get fucked-over' -vibe.

Marlo's too much of a bitch-ass dick-suck to ever man up to Omar without Chris and Snoop behind him.

Tomfurbs
02-11-2008, 10:44 PM
At the press conference in last night's show, the dockworker who the cops arrested - was that the main guy from Season 2?

I'm too lazy to google. Well that and I have about 32 tabs already open. :)

YES IT WAS!. That's the kind of detail that is so great about this show.

EDIT: The homeless guy with the beard and the dog is also a recurring character. Wasn't the the dockworker?
The same thing happened with the hooker in the second episode of this season, in Bubbles's support group. She was in season 3 buying crack, I think.

2754tim
02-11-2008, 10:47 PM
@NYCer,yes same guy. And Chris and Snoop are scared,Omar's my favorite. I miss Bodie too. I'd love to see Omar walk up behind Marlo with his sawed offed

StaggerLee
02-11-2008, 10:49 PM
Great show, and Bubbles is one of my favorite characters, but his role seems to be fading out, as they tend to do in this series-he wasnt even in the latest episode. But when this season ends, I will be buying the boxed set, for sure--damn you, HBO!

kimjongil
02-11-2008, 10:52 PM
I am a big fan of "The Wire" and I am sad :( that this will be the last season for this show. It will be interseting to see how all of the plots play out in this final season.

One thing I hope does happen is that Omar gets Marlo and his crew. Marlo is such a greedy little prick and he has no code. I really hope he gets whats coming to him.

P.S. I wish that the writers of Showtimes "Brotherhood" would watch "The Wire" and take some notes. I have watched two season of "Brotherhood" and I have yet to find a character that I give a shit about. The characters on that show almost seem like robots while "The Wire" has plenty of charaters to feel passionate about.

NYCe
02-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Just wanted a reason to post this Snoop photo, lol.

Tomfurbs
02-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Bunk: 'I'm thinking 'bout some pussy...'
Snoop: 'Yeah, me too...'

hehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex3aedAiFTI

NYCe
02-11-2008, 11:08 PM
Exactly the same quote that was in my head when I first saw that photo!

peggygee
02-11-2008, 11:13 PM
Think Marlo will man up and meet Omar 1 on 1?

Ssshhhheeeeeeiiiiiiiitttttt (you know which character say's that)

But no, Omar is single-handledly going to wipe out the drug
trade in B'more.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/omar4c.jpg

peggygee
02-11-2008, 11:15 PM
Bunk: 'I'm thinking 'bout some pussy...'
Snoop: 'Yeah, me too...'

hehehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex3aedAiFTI

Me three.....

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/magi43/keima.jpg

Bring the cuffs Kima.

NYCe
02-11-2008, 11:16 PM
That sex scene a few seasons ago between Kima and her S.O.?

Ssshhhheeeeeeiiiiiiiitttttt

Tomfurbs
02-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Yeah, Kima is a fox.

Bet I could turn her...lol.

2754tim
02-12-2008, 12:06 AM
Yeah,Kima's Hot.........

TomSelis
02-12-2008, 12:30 AM
The Wire is going to go down as one of the best shows in TV history. This last season is about to kick into full steam and end with a bang.

The Cops:

McNulty> I think he's going to melt down, he's at the point of no return. That scene where he was talking to a statue and kidnapping a homeless guy is showing the wear and tear of his actions.

Bunk> I think he was going to pin the murders on Marlo somehow.

Daniels> I feel sorry for him, it seems like he's being set up.

The Dealers:

Marlo> I don't think Omar is going to get him but he's scared right now. It's going to be lonely in prison with Avon. That's if the Co-op doesn't get him first.

Snoop and Chris> There's some serious chinks showing in their armor. Snoop is getting dumber by the episode. Chris is a family man (!), somehow I think he's going to take the fall for Marlo.

Micheal> His mother dimed him out. I'm not sure if he's going to flip or not, we'll know next episode.

Omar> I hope to god he doesn't go out the way I saw it.

I love this show, every character has a story.

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-12-2008, 01:50 AM
Clay Davis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TomSelis
02-12-2008, 02:14 AM
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeei iiiiiiiiiiit!!!!

Jakovasaur
02-12-2008, 02:32 AM
This damn show is depressing.

Tomfurbs
02-18-2008, 10:03 PM
McNulty, enjoy your brief sojurn as Big Daddy among your fellow coppers.

You will end up in jail, boss.