PDA

View Full Version : Hey! You! did you get vaccinated for Hep A and B?

whatislove
02-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Who here has gotten a vaccine for Hepatitis A and B?

thx1138
02-11-2008, 10:49 PM
I don't need them. I always disinfect my needles before I shoot up.

whatislove
02-12-2008, 05:08 AM
Fairly ignorant response.

absolutecarla
02-12-2008, 05:39 AM
I've had both when I was a kid. But after reading this I remember that I need another booster shot for hepa B.

"Hepatitis B vaccine prevents hepatitis B disease and its serious consequences like hepatocellular carcinoma (liver cancer). Therefore, this is the first anti-cancer vaccine. " quoted from the CDC website.

Transsexuals who take hormones and who are in the "business" need to have this vaccine as a preventative measure.

justatransgirl
02-12-2008, 07:17 AM
Jessica got her's in the Navy.

I don't know if they gave them to us in the Army, but I did a series about 3 years ago.

In CA you can get them for free at most county health centers.

You get a double shot of A/B then a month later another then 6 months after the first anotehr B. If you don't do the whole series it's a waste of time.

Hugs,
TS Jamie :-)

qeuqheeg222
02-12-2008, 07:53 AM
got a hep A when i went to africa..along with several other shots and pills..

whatislove
02-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Jessica got her's in the Navy.

I don't know if they gave them to us in the Army, but I did a series about 3 years ago.

In CA you can get them for free at most county health centers.

You get a double shot of A/B then a month later another then 6 months after the first anotehr B. If you don't do the whole series it's a waste of time.

Hugs,
TS Jamie :-)

Probably not a complete waste of time, but statistically it doesn't help as much as the complete course of shots. I think the term is partial immunity.

whatislove
02-13-2008, 03:08 AM
I don't need them. I always disinfect my needles before I shoot up.

For those still stuck in the 70's viral hepatitis can be spread through restaurants, organic produce, any sex act esp. rimming, sharing toothbrushes and that bad-ass virus can live 4 hours on a clean table. It's a many times more infectious than AIDS and there's no cure. Some carriers have no symptoms!

SXFX
02-13-2008, 03:17 AM
I travel a lot for my job and we have to get all kinds of shots for all kinds of things.
I think I may have.......? I'll have to check my little yellow book! :-)
But over all I say to all who can afford it, get the shots. Better safe than sick.

ottorocket
02-13-2008, 04:01 AM
I'm all up to date. ALso i give blood regularly so i get AIDS tests once in awhile, but i think they also test your blood before it goes into someone else.

jniowa
02-13-2008, 04:35 AM
I'm all up to date. I had to get the shots when I worked in a hospital lab as a phlebotomist before grad school.

Wombat
02-13-2008, 02:41 PM
Who here has gotten a vaccine for Hepatitis A and B.

Yep, the military loves injecting us... :cry:

In fact I had a Typhoid shot today and have to for a Manoux test next week to check for exposure to TB. I'm glad I don't have problems with needles. :wink: