PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Deathmatch..........................

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-09-2008, 09:00 PM
Anyone have any suggestions for a multi platform game we could all purchase (or torrent download, lol) in order to play deathmatch games (i.e. capture the flag)

Unreal Tournament comes to mind

mimiplastique
02-09-2008, 09:12 PM
Anyone have any suggestions for a multi platform game we could all purchase (or torrent download, lol) in order to play deathmatch games (i.e. capture the flag)

Unreal Tournament comes to mind
are you ror real ... do you like zelda

kukm4
02-09-2008, 09:25 PM
I like this idea. Would a older version be better? To make sure a lot of people will be able to play.

UT3:
- *Windows XP/Vista
* 2.0+ GHz Single Core Processor
* 512 MB of System RAM
* NVIDIA 6200+ or ATI Radeon 9600+ Video Card
* 8 GB of Free Hard Drive Space

UT2004:
- *Windows 98/ME/2000/XP, Linux 2.2+ or Mac OS X
* 1.0 GHz CPU Pentium III or Athlon (1.2 GHz CPU
or faster recommended)
* 128 MB RAM (256MB RAM recommended)
* DirectX 9.0b compatible 32 MB graphics card
(64mb video card recommended)

UT2003:
- * Windows 98-XP, 733 MHz x86 CPU,
* 128 MB RAM, video card with 16 MB RAM
* DirectX 8.1 or OpenGL 1.2

Mac OS X 10.2.6+, 700 MHz PowerPC G4 CPU, 256 MB RAM, GeForce 2 MX or Radeon with 32 MB RAM, 3 GB HDD space

Free one I like but its does not have Deathmatch more like team vs team. Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolfenstein:_Enemy_Territory

muhmuh
02-09-2008, 09:49 PM
http://www.alientrap.org/nexuiz/
free open source runs on just about any platform that matters almost regardless of how old the hardware is and its pretty good too

the1phinneas
02-09-2008, 10:57 PM

Counter Strike is a lot of fun, not resource intensive, cheap.. or free ;) , realistic, and a great way to blow off steam. Its also easy to set up your own server, and has tons of death match maps and CTF maps readily DL-able. Although it's primarily designed for PC, it will run on a decent Intel Mac with Crossover or Bootcamp. Check it out:

http://www.steamgames.com/v/index.php?area=game&AppId=240

Happy hunting.

–Phinn

JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel
02-09-2008, 11:55 PM
thanks, someone pm'd me suggesting Pirates of the Carribean..........................um ok

I can't see a bunch of tranny pirates, they would all want their own ship, with their own crew, and their own ocean. And when they got attacked they'd all quit playing. Still a good idea, lol

TomSelis
02-09-2008, 11:57 PM
thanks, someone pm'd me suggesting Pirates of the Carribean..........................um ok

I can't see a bunch of tranny pirates, they would all want their own ship, with their own crew, and their own ocean. And when they got attacked they'd all quit playing. Still a good idea, lol

lol

Counterstrike would be the move though.

BrendaQG
02-10-2008, 12:32 AM
It's not multi platform however I think it is a good game. Medieval II total war (http://www.totalwar.com/).

It's multiplayer mode is a real time strategy game where one leads medieval armies to victory or agonizing defeat. Fighting with everything from simple spearmen, knights, and musketers to Timurid Elephant mounted Artiliery. Up to 8 People can play.

You can have scenario's as simple as killing or routing all enemy troops....to storming a well fortified citadel.

As far as First person shooters are concerned I personally think Quake 3 is pretty good. I have seen it on Linux and Macintosh (I think it is better on those systems than on windows.) Quake 3 would probably be the easiest to get via a torrent download of any game mentioned so far.

TomSelis
02-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Or we could all play battlefield 2, get a HA server going. It has voice chat, commanders can order artillery strikes, snipers, the whole nine. Slick graphics too.

BrendaQG
02-10-2008, 12:42 AM
Or we could all play battlefield 2, get a HA server going. It has voice chat, commanders can order artillery strikes, snipers, the whole nine. Slick graphics too.

Or also along the lines of multiplayer strategy the my old favorite Age of Empires II. On a current PC that game would run so fucking fast the villiagers would look like they have motors on their asses! Me and my boys used to play that game so much that I almost flunked out. I swear to god I played one game for 24 hours.

smoof
02-10-2008, 02:14 AM
call of duty 4 modern warfare for the win should set up a server with that game

hwbs
02-10-2008, 02:17 AM
not everyone can play that..u need a pretty good video card ram and processor

smoof
02-10-2008, 02:20 AM
damn ohhh well i have been addicted to that game for a bit it is way to much fun

Iori
02-11-2008, 09:14 PM
Count me in. Has a game been chosen yet?