PDA

View Full Version : Orchiotomy

JamesHunt
02-08-2008, 08:35 AM
Why not just go the whole way, and get the whole fucker tucked. What is the reason for having an orchotomy???

JamesHunt
02-08-2008, 08:44 AM
What is the reason for having an orchotomy???Learn how to spell and say it first, and maybe someone will take you seriously.

And why did you only get a lobotomy?

stupid bitch, it's spelt correctly :roll:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/orchotomy

Felicia Katt
02-08-2008, 09:21 AM
orchotomy - surgical incision into the testis to obtain material for analysis (as in cases of abnormally low sperm count)

Orchiectomy is the surgical removal of one or both testicles, or testes, in the human male. It is also called an orchidectomy in Britain

ectomy: A surgical suffix referring to the removal of something. For example, a lumpectomy is the surgical excision of a lump which may be benign or not, tonsillectomy is the removal of the tonsils, a partial colectomy is removal of part of the colon, an appendectomy is removal of the appendix, etc. From the Greek "ek" (out) + "tome" (a cutting) = a cutting out

otomy or -tomy) - act of cutting, incision

The word was spelled correctly but was being incorectly used. In Nicole's case, lobotomy was properly spelled and correctly applied.

My guess is you were too busy working on your people skills in Med School to actually crack a book?

FK

JustMeHere
02-08-2008, 09:51 AM
What is the reason for having an orchotomy???Learn how to spell and say it first, and maybe someone will take you seriously.

And why did you only get a lobotomy?

Nicole, I sometimes think that I'm a witty person, and then I see the ease in which you toss out a comment like that and the inevitable jealousy boils up. If I can ever be so skilled some day I make actually make it into Valhalla. Of course if all else fails I'll settle for being the brunt of your sarcasm some day.

JamesHunt
02-08-2008, 10:10 AM
orchotomy - surgical incision into the testis to obtain material for analysis (as in cases of abnormally low sperm count)

Orchiectomy is the surgical removal of one or both testicles, or testes, in the human male. It is also called an orchidectomy in Britain

ectomy: A surgical suffix referring to the removal of something. For example, a lumpectomy is the surgical excision of a lump which may be benign or not, tonsillectomy is the removal of the tonsils, a partial colectomy is removal of part of the colon, an appendectomy is removal of the appendix, etc. From the Greek "ek" (out) + "tome" (a cutting) = a cutting out

otomy or -tomy) - act of cutting, incision

The word was spelled correctly but was being incorectly used. In Nicole's case, lobotomy was properly spelled and correctly applied.

My guess is you were too busy working on your people skills in Med School to actually crack a book?

FK

I was waiting for this...... A clever reply....

Why??? On this board, of all boards, would you post such a reply?

justatransgirl
02-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Now that I'm an "expert" on the topic, perhaps I can be of service.

Jessica and I had orchiectomies (our testicles removed) primarily because we have both been on high dose hormones for 3 years and were both experiencing side effects we attributed to long term high does estrogen and sprio. And we didn't want to destroy our livers.

We were getting migraines 1 to 4 days a week - last fall I was living on Imitrex, and a 5 bucks a pill that's not cheap. We also were feeling a lot of lethargy.

The other reason is was time constraints. We only had a couple of weeks during Jessica's winter school break and our earliest SRS window is next summer and more likely the summer after. So the orchi was the obvious choice.

Plus like Mandy says, it's kinda cool to be a chick with a dick and no balls!

Giggle,
TS Jamie :-)

youcancallmeclaire
02-08-2008, 03:22 PM
What is with all the negative threads lately?

I'm not sure exactly why, but some of the posters here remind me of the kids in Gummo.

Felicia Katt
02-08-2008, 07:41 PM
Oh, and btw, "spelt" is incorrectly SPELLED. :lol:

BUY A FUCKING DICTIONARY

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?db=dictionary&q=spelt
since you are providing a link to a free online dictionary, why should she buy one? You didn't. Since you like purchasing suggestions, maybe a book on etiquette would be good? or anger management? or are you that incensed that no one is giving James Hunt their feedback on low sperm counts ?

FK

Jericho
02-08-2008, 08:11 PM
I'm not sure exactly why, but some of the posters here remind me of the kids in Gummo.

Which one's "Bunny Boy"? :lol:

tsmandy
02-08-2008, 08:24 PM
Economics James, simple economics.

My surgery cost $500 (it was a real special deal). If I could have gotten SRS for ten times that amount, I would have. Balls only get in the way.

tsmandy
02-08-2008, 08:59 PM
Spelt is also a type of bread that Vegans and people with wheat allergies eat. It is also usually disappointing.

youcancallmeclaire
02-08-2008, 10:03 PM

Which one's "Bunny Boy"? :lol:

It's not the bunny boys that I mind so much as the "junkyard kids"; the hopelessly crude and redneck 5 year olds who like killing things simply because mommy didn't love them.

youcancallmeclaire
02-08-2008, 10:05 PM

My surgery cost $500 (it was a real special deal). If I could have gotten SRS for ten times that amount, I would have. Balls only get in the way.

Am I allowed to ask how you managed to get one with only $500? (pm me?)
I'm really intrigued. I spent 4x that much. :(

tsmandy
02-08-2008, 10:59 PM

Am I allowed to ask how you managed to get one with only $500? (pm me?)
I'm really intrigued. I spent 4x that much. :(

Anarchist hook up. There was a TS doctor in Washington providing low cost surgeries for girls that could make it out to their "clinic" in the upper Peninsula. It was a great deal: surgery, and 25 hours of electro for a thousand bucks. Bad part was the location, not too mention the "clinic" was a remodeled barn. But she did the surgery well, and its just part of what makes me, me.

youcancallmeclaire
02-09-2008, 12:06 AM
Anarchist hook up. There was a TS doctor in Washington providing low cost surgeries for girls that could make it out to their "clinic" in the upper Peninsula. It was a great deal: surgery, and 25 hours of electro for a thousand bucks. Bad part was the location, not too mention the "clinic" was a remodeled barn. But she did the surgery well, and its just part of what makes me, me.

Well... I don't imagine that could be any worse than the hack-job I got. I ended up with worse than average scarring. :(

Besides, I'm all for anarchy.
I wish we had more of that sort of thinking on the east coast. I've actually been considering moving to oregon/washington for several years now... it's just the thought of being so far away from "home" that keeps me here. :/

absolutecarla
02-09-2008, 04:35 AM
I'm planning to have an orchiectomy in the future. I'm still thinking whether to have a full orchiectomy or just a partial one where they remove just one of the testes.

It's expensive to take anti-androgens especially if you're gonna take it for a lifetime. And the health issues you might encounter while taking one like high potassium levels which can cause abnormal heart rhythm (spironolactone) or liver toxicity (androcur). You also have to go and have lab tests done regularly which of course costs money, (unless you have insurance).

I still want to have an erection though that's why I need to do more research about it and whether or not if I'll go full or just partial.

To me my penis is just an elongated clitoris and in my mind I'm already a woman regardless of what's in between my legs. Some girls opt to go and have full SRS because they feel that it would make them a complete woman and also for legal purposes and I'm really okay with that. I've met girls who've had SRS and are really happy about it.

To sum it all up, I want to have orchiectomy because I would like to lessen if not eliminate the testosterone on my body and with that I don't have to take anti-androgens which will help me save a lot of money. I also don't need to worry about the negative effects of taking anti-androgens.

justatransgirl
02-09-2008, 05:17 AM
What is with all the negative threads lately?

Is that something new on HA, or did I miss the memo? Giggle. I have a new plan - to just ignore the thread hijacks and continue my conversations.

Therefore - darn Mandy - our's cost $1,100 each. Still a bargain considering the butcher Dr. Kimmel charges $2,500 and the travel would have been more than to Mexico. Dr. Reed in Fl is also $2,500 - but he's got some deal for people under 25 where he may be able to get you a $500 rebate by selling the testes to a research program. Check his web site.

Also yes, the saving on hormone cost will pay for the orchy in about a year. We were paying about $100 each per month, now it's like $15 for both.

And Carla - why just remove one? That won't really do anything so far as reducing testosterone, which is the point of orchis.

As for erections - as we've discussed before Mandy who been post orchi for some time has no trouble, and mine and Jessica's are like WOW!

I may even start topping again. :-) The damn thing is rock hard again. Whether it's a temporary reaction from the surgery, or as I suspect a result of the lower estrogen intake and will be a permanent affliction I don't know yet.

Whack 'em off baby!

Giggle,

absolutecarla
02-09-2008, 05:25 AM
I'm really glad you are having erections. My fear is that I might not have one if I had both my testes removed. I'm thinking of partial orchiectomy because having one of them removed would decrease testosterone production but still have some to maintain an erection. But since you said that you're still having a hard-on then yeah I might consider having all of it removed but then I still need to do more research.

youcancallmeclaire
02-09-2008, 06:28 AM
Actually, Kimmell is $2000. And he doesn't require any doctor's notes, therapist visits, etc.
But yeah, he's also kinda scary.

I seriously thought I was going to die because he OD'd me on anesthesia. :sleep
Also, I have a really ugly scar from a very obvious suturing mistake.
(PM me if you want some scary pictures.:?)

Seriously though, I've only sutured 5 incisions/wounds and I could have done a better job.

Oh and erections still work quite well, thanks. :D

justatransgirl
02-09-2008, 07:43 AM
Thanks Claire for the pricing update. For those who missed it Kimmel is $2,000 not $2,500 - so you can use the $500 for the surgeon that will fix the damage...

Has anybody else seen the photos of the guy doing surgery in his office? I don't know where they are now, but if anyone has some post em.

When we had ours done in Mexico it was with a full OR and staff. I was getting boobs at the same time, but there were three surgeons, 2 or three nurses and an anesthesologist.

Not that that's all necessary for an orchi - plenty of people have done their own... but it was comforting.

And Carla - yes I agree, don't rush into a decision, there's no putting them back... And again we are only 4 weeks (today) post orchi so we can't offer long term expereince.

Hugs,